Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No 10's response... 11:01 - Dec 20 with 1914 viewsStirlingArcher

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59722081

I mean...
No 10's response... on 11:03 - Dec 20 with 1561 viewsgordon

Would explain a few things if that is actually what they think 'work' is.
No 10's response... on 11:04 - Dec 20 with 1552 viewsGuthrum

So they're getting p1ssed in charge of the country, then?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No 10's response... on 11:10 - Dec 20 with 1510 viewsfooters

Turns out I spent most of yesterday working after all! Do you reckon the boss will give me tomorrow off?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No 10's response... on 11:10 - Dec 20 with 1519 viewsDanTheMan

Ah yes, I often drink whilst working. I also make sure when having meetings to have everyone in little groups, and make sure that nobody is taking any notes.

Also the most important thing is to bring your partner and child to your important meetings, maybe even extended family too.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No 10's response... on 11:13 - Dec 20 with 1478 viewsStokieBlue

No 10's response... on 11:10 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

Ah yes, I often drink whilst working. I also make sure when having meetings to have everyone in little groups, and make sure that nobody is taking any notes.

Also the most important thing is to bring your partner and child to your important meetings, maybe even extended family too.

I'm hoping you at least have a cheeseboard at your desk at all times though?

Right?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No 10's response... on 11:15 - Dec 20 with 1452 viewsIllinoisblue

Hard to say who is the king of piss boiling; Raab or Hancock. Both overpromoted clowns.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No 10's response... on 11:21 - Dec 20 with 1421 viewslowhouseblue

No 10's response... on 11:10 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

in normal times, i have lots of work things at the end of a day which would take place over drinks. very much still work and taking about work though. if we had a big event then the de-brief might well be over drinks.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

No 10's response... on 11:24 - Dec 20 with 1372 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

No 10's response... on 11:31 - Dec 20 with 1343 viewsGuthrum

No 10's response... on 11:21 - Dec 20 by lowhouseblue

in normal times, i have lots of work things at the end of a day which would take place over drinks. very much still work and taking about work though. if we had a big event then the de-brief might well be over drinks.

With great power comes great responsibility. It is right to hold our leaders to higher standards than others, particularly during a national crisis.

No 10's response... on 11:34 - Dec 20 with 1328 viewsXYZ

Are you contractually bound to be there?
No 10's response... on 11:35 - Dec 20 with 1317 viewslowhouseblue

No 10's response... on 11:31 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

With great power comes great responsibility. It is right to hold our leaders to higher standards than others, particularly during a national crisis.

different sectors to have different work cultures though. in normal times, i would imagine that in politics an awful lot of 'work' is done through discussion outside formal meetings and often over drinks. again, in normal times, i really can't see that pattern as at all unusual.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

No 10's response... on 11:41 - Dec 20 with 1284 viewsGuthrum

No 10's response... on 11:35 - Dec 20 by lowhouseblue

different sectors to have different work cultures though. in normal times, i would imagine that in politics an awful lot of 'work' is done through discussion outside formal meetings and often over drinks. again, in normal times, i really can't see that pattern as at all unusual.

Judging by some of the things reported to have happened in Palace of Westminster bars over the years, probably so. But should that be the case? Also, this wasn't in normal times.

No 10's response... on 12:12 - Dec 20 with 1192 viewsSwansea_Blue

They're making fools of all of us. Although the biggest fools they're making are the ones who still support them, despite having stuck to the rules like the rest of us. Forelock tugging in the extreme.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No 10's response... on 12:12 - Dec 20 with 1192 viewsDanTheMan

That is very different to a "work meeting".

And I can't imagine you'd be bringing your wife and kid along.

No 10's response... on 12:16 - Dec 20 with 1172 viewsPinewoodblue

Idle curiosity lead me to research, via Google, how many people work at 10 Downing Street.

The best answer I can find is “about half of them”

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No 10's response... on 12:50 - Dec 20 with 1081 viewslowhouseblue

No 10's response... on 12:12 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

That is very different to a "work meeting".

And I can't imagine you'd be bringing your wife and kid along.

in some sectors, and at a senior level, and particularly if you live above the office, it wouldn't be at all unusual. what people are doing is discussing work in an informal setting - it's how lots of work stuff gets progressed in some work settings.

No 10's response... on 12:53 - Dec 20 with 1068 viewsfooters

No 10's response... on 12:50 - Dec 20 by lowhouseblue

in some sectors, and at a senior level, and particularly if you live above the office, it wouldn't be at all unusual. what people are doing is discussing work in an informal setting - it's how lots of work stuff gets progressed in some work settings.

You should apply for a role in No 10's press office.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No 10's response... on 12:55 - Dec 20 with 1050 viewsDanTheMan

I've never, ever encountered someone bringing their kid and wife along to a work meeting.

Just because they live above the office, doesn't make it any better.

What's funny is that I don't even think what they are doing is that bad. They're all outside and mostly work together so it's not a huge risk. What annoys me is the lying about it when it's fairly obvious that they're basically having after work drinks.

No 10's response... on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 1010 viewsjeera

No 10's response... on 12:55 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

I've never, ever encountered someone bringing their kid and wife along to a work meeting.

What's funny is that I don't even think what they are doing is that bad. They're all outside and mostly work together so it's not a huge risk. What annoys me is the lying about it when it's fairly obvious that they're basically having after work drinks.

And anyone else doing that around that time would have risked the police barging in, breaking it up and fining everyone in sight.

It's just not ok on any level.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

As an aside, my boss often..... on 13:02 - Dec 20 with 997 viewsBloots

....has the team over to his massive gaff in the country for team meetings or to work on special projects.

(Essentially it's to show of his country pile)

His wife and two annoying little kids are always there, getting in the way and generally being divs.

I'd suggest it's far more common in some industries and at a certain level of seniority than most people on here would realise.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

No 10's response... on 13:09 - Dec 20 with 969 viewslowhouseblue

well, in normal times, i certainly have. children, dogs, cats, elderly parents. people still discuss work. it's often when important stuff gets sorted. people say what they really think with out a minute taker. i can only imagine that politics is like that cubed.

No 10's response... on 13:13 - Dec 20 with 936 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, you're right that in normal times it's normal behaviour in politics to carry on with social activities outside of the working day at which work may be discussed. Sometimes partners would even be included. I've been to a fair few socials like that myself. But as Raab confirmed, it's not part of the official working day. It's very much after work social activity, where there's no requirement for employees to attend.

It's bleedingly obvious why people who've stuck to the rules are annoyed by this and their attempts to blatantly lie about it. It's sickening to hear the stories of the sacrifices people made while this bunch were taking us for fools. It's also a pattern of repeated behaviour, which should remove any doubt form people's minds. And if anyone needs any more evidence, senior No. 10 staff were even laughing about the excuses they'd come up with if they ever got found out. It's indefensible.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No 10's response... on 13:15 - Dec 20 with 923 viewsBlueNomad

What this miserable crew always seem to miss is the question, “how will this look to the public?” In politics that is so important. They aren’t even competent at that!

Putting Raab in front of the cameras to explain it away is almost laughable. The trouble is they have no one credible

God I hate them!
No 10's response... on 13:15 - Dec 20 with 916 viewsGlasgowBlue

I thought it was a photo shoot for the next Pink Floyd album.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No 10's response... on 13:18 - Dec 20 with 894 viewslowhouseblue

No 10's response... on 13:13 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, you're right that in normal times it's normal behaviour in politics to carry on with social activities outside of the working day at which work may be discussed. Sometimes partners would even be included. I've been to a fair few socials like that myself. But as Raab confirmed, it's not part of the official working day. It's very much after work social activity, where there's no requirement for employees to attend.

It's bleedingly obvious why people who've stuck to the rules are annoyed by this and their attempts to blatantly lie about it. It's sickening to hear the stories of the sacrifices people made while this bunch were taking us for fools. It's also a pattern of repeated behaviour, which should remove any doubt form people's minds. And if anyone needs any more evidence, senior No. 10 staff were even laughing about the excuses they'd come up with if they ever got found out. It's indefensible.

do you have a link to raab saying it was "very much after work social activity"?

if that's their explanation then there's no possible defence of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024