Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No 10's response... 11:01 - Dec 20 with 1921 viewsStirlingArcher

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59722081

I mean...
No 10's response... on 13:27 - Dec 20 with 311 viewsDanTheMan

No 10's response... on 13:09 - Dec 20 by lowhouseblue

well, in normal times, i certainly have. children, dogs, cats, elderly parents. people still discuss work. it's often when important stuff gets sorted. people say what they really think with out a minute taker. i can only imagine that politics is like that cubed.

I've done those kind of things, and similar to what Bloots said I've also been on little trips away with work where work is discussed and people's partners or kids are about.

That still is not a work meeting. It's a jolly or after work drinks.

EDIT: Here's what Raab has said.

"This wasn’t a social occasion, it was staff having a drink after meetings"
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 13:30]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

No 10's response... on 13:35 - Dec 20 with 289 viewslowhouseblue

No 10's response... on 13:27 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

I've done those kind of things, and similar to what Bloots said I've also been on little trips away with work where work is discussed and people's partners or kids are about.

well our experience differs. in my world informal discussion is essential to work - particularly discussion that continues after a formal meeting. at a day's end it may well be done over a drink. it's certainly very much part of the work process. but different strokes etc.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Nah, we've even got 2 bars.... on 13:39 - Dec 20 with 272 viewsBloots

No 10's response... on 13:27 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

...in our office.

One of which is outside on the 15th floor and we often have meetings out there accompanied by a glass of wine.

But then I'm capitalist scum.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024