Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS 14:50 - Dec 20 with 3202 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Just tested positive on a LFT after feeling cold-like since yesterday. That's my Christmas getaway off. I knew I shouldn't have gone to PR on Saturday; I bet that's where I've caught it.

Following my recent struggles in the past few months, which I've posted about on here, I'm feeling really f**king fed up with life.

And probably more restrictions to come for us to 'look forward to'.

Someone end me please.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

FFS on 16:43 - Dec 20 with 1021 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FFS on 16:39 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

The PCR will be more accurate (to the point where it won't be wrong if the individual has done the sampling correct).

The PCR works by using an enzyme to replicate any virus in the sample by up to a billion times so even if there is the slightest amount of covid it will be replicated into enough volume to be found in the sample.

LFT just relies on what was sampled from the individual hence won't be as accurate. False positives are fairly rare in LFT's though (about 1 in 1000) unless the person has previously had covid within 3 months and then there is usually more of a chance.

It's very strange they got several positive LFTs and then a negative PCR though.

SB

I think the thinking in the end amongst us non-experts (science teachers) was that it must have been a dodgy batch of lateral flows. They all came from the same box.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

FFS on 16:47 - Dec 20 with 1009 viewsStokieBlue

FFS on 16:43 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the thinking in the end amongst us non-experts (science teachers) was that it must have been a dodgy batch of lateral flows. They all came from the same box.

Could have been a dodgy batch as you say, that would make some sense.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

FFS on 16:50 - Dec 20 with 999 viewsDeano69

Sorry to hear this TIMU.

I feel no joy in avoiding PR this weekend in fear of catching the lurgy, but glad I made the decision not to go.

Get well soon, fellow Blue

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

FFS on 16:53 - Dec 20 with 987 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FFS on 16:50 - Dec 20 by Deano69

Sorry to hear this TIMU.

I feel no joy in avoiding PR this weekend in fear of catching the lurgy, but glad I made the decision not to go.

Get well soon, fellow Blue

It felt horrible having tickets and not only not going but not taking my boy. Sounded like a good match too. However, I have little doubt it was the right decision. I just hope that I will still be able to go after Christmas on the other tickets we have. I suspect the Government will say no by then, though.

FFS on 17:48 - Dec 20 with 946 viewsBlueBadger

FFS on 16:22 - Dec 20 by Pinewoodblue

You can have a PCR test delivered to your door.

Weird downvote, there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't worry about it mate.... on 19:41 - Dec 20 with 876 viewsRyorry

Don't worry about it mate.... on 15:13 - Dec 20 by Bloots

....I thew a massive hissy fit the other day because the wife had bought the wrong type of bog roll.

It's all relative!

Keep your chin up, things will get better, it's always darkest just before dawn, etc, etc.

As Dolly Parton said "if you want rainbows, you have to put up with the rain"......and people think she's just a big pair of.......

I read your 2nd para as "it's all laxative".

Derren Brown might have pointed to TWTD conditioning for that ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FFS on 19:51 - Dec 20 with 865 viewsRyorry

FFS on 15:08 - Dec 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

Appreciate the moral boosts from everyone :)

A bit of a childish and petulant reaction maybe... Although it would have been worse had I not waited an hour to come online and share.

Venting is good & healthy, better than bottling it up, so don't beat yourself up about that.

There'll be shedloads on their tods this year, I foresee many virtual parties

Wish you loads better, am often on here in wee small hours if you feel llike chat.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FFS on 19:59 - Dec 20 with 843 viewsNthsuffolkblue

FFS on 16:39 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

The PCR will be more accurate (to the point where it won't be wrong if the individual has done the sampling correct).

The PCR works by using an enzyme to replicate any virus in the sample by up to a billion times so even if there is the slightest amount of covid it will be replicated into enough volume to be found in the sample.

LFT just relies on what was sampled from the individual hence won't be as accurate. False positives are fairly rare in LFT's though (about 1 in 1000) unless the person has previously had covid within 3 months and then there is usually more of a chance.

It's very strange they got several positive LFTs and then a negative PCR though.

SB

Just happened to re-read your comment here and find the point about lateral flows within the 90 day period interesting. The individual concerned got chosen for a study into antibodies and was found to have them which would suggest they may well have had it without ever having tested positive. That might also explain the random spell of positive lateral flows, I guess.

Login to get fewer ads

FFS on 06:30 - Dec 21 with 745 viewsKropotkin123

FFS on 15:25 - Dec 20 by Rozz

If you order a PCR online now you'll likely have it by tomorrow. https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Thanks, I recently moved to Canada though and things are a bit more car orientated here.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024