Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking Prince Andrew news 17:59 - Jan 3 with 3382 viewsMullet

https://bbc.in/3r2EayD?fbclid=IwAR1qgwvuNj7-i5n-5_UeA727qD6UKP4Gf2AEbe_4fR35XhZv

Hopefully this will allow the victims justice by exposing such a deal and its implications etc. While it might not bring the Windsors down, it is another step away from the backward trajectory the country has taken elsewhere perhaps.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:08 - Jan 3 with 2681 viewsWhos_blue

But could this just as easily get PA off the hook?
It seems as if it could go either way.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 2637 viewspointofblue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:08 - Jan 3 by Whos_blue

But could this just as easily get PA off the hook?
It seems as if it could go either way.

I agree. She went for the money in 2009 and it means she might not be able to take the claim further now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:25 - Jan 3 with 2534 viewscbower

Guilty or innocent - who knows? What I think is certain is he will never stand trial, even if the evidence were to be overwhelming. One thing he is 100% guilty of is gross stupidity. Visiting a convicted sex offender to break off your friendship!!!!!!

bluescouser

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 19:23 - Jan 3 with 2318 viewsazuremerlangus

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 19:59 - Jan 3 with 2165 viewsGuthrum

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:25 - Jan 3 by cbower

Guilty or innocent - who knows? What I think is certain is he will never stand trial, even if the evidence were to be overwhelming. One thing he is 100% guilty of is gross stupidity. Visiting a convicted sex offender to break off your friendship!!!!!!

Should have let him stay in the Navy. Instead he just became a bored bloke with a non-job which gave him a lot of exposure to shady international business and finance types.

Doesn't excuse whatever he may (or may not) have done, but does explain how he ended up in that situation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:05 - Jan 3 with 2135 viewsRadioOrwell

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:12 - Jan 3 by pointofblue

I agree. She went for the money in 2009 and it means she might not be able to take the claim further now.

That's true but I don't see how it stops her in reality.
If Epstein was alive he could claim back the money if she went ahead with it I suppose. But I don't see how an agreement like that can work in practice.

Either way, for the document to specifically say that no Royals are to be sued it makes Andrew appear very very dodgy.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:10 - Jan 3 with 2103 viewsazuremerlangus

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:05 - Jan 3 by RadioOrwell

If Epstein was alive he could claim back the money if she went ahead with it I suppose. But I don't see how an agreement like that can work in practice.

Either way, for the document to specifically say that no Royals are to be sued it makes Andrew appear very very dodgy.

And that is the problem - why bother extending the agreement to cover your mates if they were innocent?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 20:11]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:11 - Jan 3 with 2100 viewsRyorry

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 18:25 - Jan 3 by cbower

Mayber he's being required to protect the family name/instititution, but whether that's so or he's just refusing to go to the USA for questioning/court appearance as a personal decision, it's completely the wrong thing to do.

The boil needs to be lanced or it'll just fester under cover anyway. If he's actually innocent it's both stupid & sad to waste away a life in a virtual open prison looking like a coward, and people assuming it implies guilt anyway.

If he's guilty then it's better being exposed & dealt with for once and all, rather than becoming another of those shameful hushed-up royal secrets that become the subject of documentaries in 30 years time.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:16 - Jan 3 with 2063 viewsWicklowBlue

Maybe we need SB or others to comment here, but as this is a civil action and according the this deal Giuffre signed a settlement on the terms that no other people can be pursued could let the worms off the proverbial hook?
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:21 - Jan 3 with 2026 viewsWicklowBlue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:05 - Jan 3 by RadioOrwell

From what I read the phrasing of the agreement was:

“remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge the said second parties and any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant, from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including state or federal, cause and causes of action”.

Whether you can release such future charges is the key legal question.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:38 - Jan 3 with 1959 viewsHARRY10

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 20:21 - Jan 3 by WicklowBlue

From what I read the phrasing of the agreement was:

“remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge the said second parties and any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant, from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including state or federal, cause and causes of action”.

Whether you can release such future charges is the key legal question.

oh dear

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=lord%20porchester%20prince%20andrew%20photos#id=
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:01 - Jan 3 with 1857 viewspointofblue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 19:59 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

Should have let him stay in the Navy. Instead he just became a bored bloke with a non-job which gave him a lot of exposure to shady international business and finance types.

Doesn't excuse whatever he may (or may not) have done, but does explain how he ended up in that situation.

Same with Harry - should have let him stay in the army.

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 1833 viewsfactual_blue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 19:59 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

He was too high in the order of succession in those days to be allowed to continue with a military career.

Furthermore, if Prince George (William's eldest) were to become King before he was eighteen (22 July 2031), then the Regent would be Andrew (assuming Harry doesn't return to live in the UK.

It's all a bit messy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:15 - Jan 3 with 1785 viewspointofblue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:06 - Jan 3 by factual_blue

He was too high in the order of succession in those days to be allowed to continue with a military career.

Furthermore, if Prince George (William's eldest) were to become King before he was eighteen (22 July 2031), then the Regent would be Andrew (assuming Harry doesn't return to live in the UK.

It's all a bit messy.

I think logic says Edward or Anne would make more sense to be Regent than Harry or Andrew!

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:16 - Jan 3 with 1779 viewsHARRY10

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:01 - Jan 3 by pointofblue

Same with Harry - should have let him stay in the army.

Yes, it's not like he could pursue a career. Renounce his titles and strike out on his own.

Not when there is still the royal teat to suck on, and you can live off your title...especially in the US.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:28 - Jan 3 with 1723 viewsfactual_blue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:15 - Jan 3 by pointofblue

I think logic says Edward or Anne would make more sense to be Regent than Harry or Andrew!

It's a matter of constitutional law, not logic!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:24 - Jan 3 with 1620 viewsZx1988

Even if the challenge succeeds, hopefully any other victims will have been emboldened by recent goings on to pursue their own legal actions.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:27 - Jan 3 with 1604 viewspointofblue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:16 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

Yes, it's not like he could pursue a career. Renounce his titles and strike out on his own.

Not when there is still the royal teat to suck on, and you can live off your title...especially in the US.

To be fair, I think the press screwed over his time in the army. They gave him discipline and structure; something he desperately needs.

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:34 - Jan 3 with 1574 viewsHARRY10

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:27 - Jan 3 by pointofblue

To be fair, I think the press screwed over his time in the army. They gave him discipline and structure; something he desperately needs.

a brain might help, as well
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:44 - Jan 3 with 1547 viewsGuthrum

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 21:06 - Jan 3 by factual_blue

It's all a bit messy.

Tho his grandfather remained in the Navy despite being second in line to the throne, even seing action during the First World War (notably at Jutland).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:47 - Jan 3 with 1540 viewsHARRY10

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:24 - Jan 3 by Zx1988

Even if the challenge succeeds, hopefully any other victims will have been emboldened by recent goings on to pursue their own legal actions.

Whatever happens from here on in, the damage is done.

There probably are too many who think he is innocent.

Some of the forelock tuggers will have that he is the victim of gold diggers - albeit underage gold diggers. Whilst cynics will have that he knew exactly what he was doing and like the rest thought that the rules did not apply to him, and none of it would come out anyway.

Somewhere in between, the rest of us fall.

The longer this plays, the more damage it will cause. Once the queen has gone his protection will as well, along with the free loading Fergie, I have no doubt. There is no love lost between Charlie and Juan Carlos jnr, and Porchie boy.

They both recognise the harm he is already causing, and what further harm could follow. It is the huge respect the Queen has that is probably keeping this show on the road.

As to ginger Tom in the US, Andrews two pop eyed daughters, the ghastly Fergie, there is a clear case for reform, and removal of their free loading life.

And not before time either.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:51 - Jan 3 with 1514 viewsZXBlue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:47 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

Whatever happens from here on in, the damage is done.

There probably are too many who think he is innocent.

Some of the forelock tuggers will have that he is the victim of gold diggers - albeit underage gold diggers. Whilst cynics will have that he knew exactly what he was doing and like the rest thought that the rules did not apply to him, and none of it would come out anyway.

Somewhere in between, the rest of us fall.

The longer this plays, the more damage it will cause. Once the queen has gone his protection will as well, along with the free loading Fergie, I have no doubt. There is no love lost between Charlie and Juan Carlos jnr, and Porchie boy.

They both recognise the harm he is already causing, and what further harm could follow. It is the huge respect the Queen has that is probably keeping this show on the road.

As to ginger Tom in the US, Andrews two pop eyed daughters, the ghastly Fergie, there is a clear case for reform, and removal of their free loading life.

And not before time either.

Surely the point is that we do not know whether he is innocent or guilty. Even if he shagged the lady in quesiton, we do not know what he knew about how she go there or her age.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 1478 viewspointofblue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:34 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

a brain might help, as well

Didn't need one in the army - just followed orders.

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 23:26 - Jan 3 with 1426 viewsHARRY10

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 22:51 - Jan 3 by ZXBlue

Surely the point is that we do not know whether he is innocent or guilty. Even if he shagged the lady in quesiton, we do not know what he knew about how she go there or her age.

eh >

The point I made was that the damage is done, irrespective of whether he did have sex with her

And we do know her age at the time.

Do keep up.
Breaking Prince Andrew news on 23:29 - Jan 3 with 1409 viewsZXBlue

Breaking Prince Andrew news on 23:26 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

eh >

The point I made was that the damage is done, irrespective of whether he did have sex with her

And we do know her age at the time.

Do keep up.

We dont know he knew her age at the time.

The point you made was, in effect, that he is guilty (as demonstrated by the references to forlock tuggers and there being too many people who think he is innocent) despite not having nearly enough reliable information to reach such a view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024