Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press going in on Boris again… 22:44 - Jan 3 with 3711 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Press going in on Boris again… on 22:47 - Jan 3 with 3124 viewsGlasgowBlue

A thread about Boris Johnson? I give this two pages before the left start arguing with themselves over Corbyn again.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 22:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 3020 viewsHARRY10

Press going in on Boris again… on 22:47 - Jan 3 by GlasgowBlue

A thread about Boris Johnson? I give this two pages before the left start arguing with themselves over Corbyn again.

Yes, that's one way for you to deflect from fat boy
Press going in on Boris again… on 23:10 - Jan 3 with 2998 viewsGlasgowBlue

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:04 - Jan 3 by HARRY10

Yes, that's one way for you to deflect from fat boy

Body shaming? How very progressive of you H.

TWTD has needed a lefty poster who embarrassed their comrades since facey departed.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 23:14]

Iron Lion Zion

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:45 - Jan 3 with 2899 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:10 - Jan 3 by GlasgowBlue

TWTD has needed a lefty poster who embarrassed their comrades since facey departed.

Admit it Glassers, Harry is your alt log in ..... it's the only possible explanation.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:50 - Jan 3 with 2854 viewsBLUEGOLD

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:10 - Jan 3 by GlasgowBlue

Whereas the right have you
Press going in on Boris again… on 23:58 - Jan 3 with 2849 viewsGlasgowBlue

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:45 - Jan 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Admit it Glassers, Harry is your alt log in ..... it's the only possible explanation.

In fairness, if he didn’t exist then I’d probably have set him up as a comedy creation.

Iron Lion Zion

Press going in on Boris again… on 00:09 - Jan 4 with 2820 viewsArnoldMoorhen

You were the first reply to the thread, and you went there.

I'll stick to the topic:

So the real question is:

Do the Tory backbench MPs want:

a) Boris Johnson, who has lost the polling lead to such an extent that very few of them currently have safe seats (on current figures)?
b) Liz Truss, who somebody is clearly briefing against, and who comes across as extremely error prone and has a belief in her abilities and appeal which is bordering on the delusional?
c) Rishi Sunak who, with his 12 houses, isn't exactly relatable?

I reckon they will sit tight for another month. Give it 2 weeks into the next session of Parliament and the first Stalking Horse will emerge. But I wouldn't put it past the Eton bully to squash the rebellion.
Press going in on Boris again… on 06:18 - Jan 4 with 2552 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Press going in on Boris again… on 00:09 - Jan 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

You were the first reply to the thread, and you went there.

I'll stick to the topic:

So the real question is:

Do the Tory backbench MPs want:

a) Boris Johnson, who has lost the polling lead to such an extent that very few of them currently have safe seats (on current figures)?
b) Liz Truss, who somebody is clearly briefing against, and who comes across as extremely error prone and has a belief in her abilities and appeal which is bordering on the delusional?
c) Rishi Sunak who, with his 12 houses, isn't exactly relatable?

I reckon they will sit tight for another month. Give it 2 weeks into the next session of Parliament and the first Stalking Horse will emerge. But I wouldn't put it past the Eton bully to squash the rebellion.

And the rest of the cabinet, who were picked for their willingness to lie and obfuscate on behalf of the scruffy mattress, are no better.

Raab and Patel likely to be front runners. Both as thick as planks. Clueless Coffey, anyone?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 7:04]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Press going in on Boris again… on 07:44 - Jan 4 with 2377 viewschicoazul

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:50 - Jan 3 by BLUEGOLD

Whereas the right have you

Errr excuse me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Press going in on Boris again… on 07:56 - Jan 4 with 2352 viewsFightingEssex

How many other people have done just this though? Many of his own alt-right voters will not give two tosses about this. The media is desperately trying to unseat him, but I would bet on him still winning a majority if an election was held next week, even if it wasn't as impressive as last time, because as the British public are saying "he's doing his best" whereas they couldn't pick Starmer out of a line-up of back benchers even if he was less than 2 feet away.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:02 - Jan 4 with 2164 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Press going in on Boris again… on 06:18 - Jan 4 by Tangledupin_Blue

And the rest of the cabinet, who were picked for their willingness to lie and obfuscate on behalf of the scruffy mattress, are no better.

Raab and Patel likely to be front runners. Both as thick as planks. Clueless Coffey, anyone?

I’m very much apolitical and therefore tend to vote for what I perceive as best for the country. All this left/right tribalism mystifies me if I’m honest.

But what I see right now is this, as things stand, the Tories are almost certainly not right for the country now, their fire is burning out. But Labour are still infighting and don’t seem to be able to arrange a pi55 up in a brewery.

Depressingly, we are left with who is less sh^t of two wagon loads of sh^t.

Leaders change everything, so I expect to see Boris outed before Easter. If it’s Truss, we may as well all move to Mars.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 2133 viewsDanTheMan

Press going in on Boris again… on 07:56 - Jan 4 by FightingEssex

How many other people have done just this though? Many of his own alt-right voters will not give two tosses about this. The media is desperately trying to unseat him, but I would bet on him still winning a majority if an election was held next week, even if it wasn't as impressive as last time, because as the British public are saying "he's doing his best" whereas they couldn't pick Starmer out of a line-up of back benchers even if he was less than 2 feet away.

Alt-right people are not big on vaccines, lockdowns, or basically any rules around Covid. I doubt they are Boris' biggest fan right now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:31 - Jan 4 with 2065 viewsBlueBadger

It's an imaginative spin on 'yes, but Labour', I'll give you that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:32 - Jan 4 with 2062 viewsBlueBadger

Press going in on Boris again… on 06:18 - Jan 4 by Tangledupin_Blue

Nice to see that DaveU is coming out to bat for open bigotry, corruption and incompatence early this morning.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:37 - Jan 4 with 2033 viewsBlueBadger

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:08 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

Alt-right people are not big on vaccines, lockdowns, or basically any rules around Covid. I doubt they are Boris' biggest fan right now.

I LOVE libertarians. Totally opposed to the government interfering in people's lives.

Unless those people happen to be poor, women, LGBTQ, foreign or non-white.

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:38 - Jan 4 with 2017 viewsBlueBadger

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:02 - Jan 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’m very much apolitical and therefore tend to vote for what I perceive as best for the country. All this left/right tribalism mystifies me if I’m honest.

But what I see right now is this, as things stand, the Tories are almost certainly not right for the country now, their fire is burning out. But Labour are still infighting and don’t seem to be able to arrange a pi55 up in a brewery.

Depressingly, we are left with who is less sh^t of two wagon loads of sh^t.

Leaders change everything, so I expect to see Boris outed before Easter. If it’s Truss, we may as well all move to Mars.

What exactly about their open bigotry, corruption and incompetence appealed to you previously?

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:39 - Jan 4 with 2025 viewsDanTheMan

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:37 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I LOVE libertarians. Totally opposed to the government interfering in people's lives.

Unless those people happen to be poor, women, LGBTQ, foreign or non-white.

Don't forget the weird obsession with lowering / removing the age of consent...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 1989 viewsBlueBadger

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:39 - Jan 4 by DanTheMan

Don't forget the weird obsession with lowering / removing the age of consent...

Only for victims of rich, white predators though.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 9:45]

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:43 - Jan 4 with 1983 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's not completely fair.

They'll argue over Starmer too

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:46 - Jan 4 with 1968 viewsGlasgowBlue

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:31 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

It's an imaginative spin on 'yes, but Labour', I'll give you that.

You haven’t been paying attention. Every Boris Johnson thread turns into an ideological argument about Corbyn by lage 2. With redacted and redacted on one side and the sane left on the other.

Tbh I’ve gone through a month’s supply of popcorn in just a couple of days.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 9:48]

Iron Lion Zion

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:46 - Jan 4 with 1958 viewsBlueBadger

Press going in on Boris again… on 23:58 - Jan 3 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness, if he didn’t exist then I’d probably have set him up as a comedy creation.

It's never work. FACE it, if you tried that you'd be BAND and Gave would put you in the 'watch BOX'.

Press going in on Boris again… on 10:49 - Jan 4 with 1792 viewsitfc_bucks

When you say "the press are going in on Boris again", do you, in fact, mean that the PM is being shown up, yet again, as being a hypocritical oaf?
Press going in on Boris again… on 11:42 - Jan 4 with 1681 viewsBlueBadger

Look who's agreeing with you there. A sh1t Paz tribute act.

Press going in on Boris again… on 12:09 - Jan 4 with 1604 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure that's so true any more. A lot of ordinary people, who I would expect to be at least soft Conservative, are deriding Johnson and his government as embarrassing and a shambles. They no longer think he's 'doing his best'. The Covid response is often seen as confused and tardy, plus it's not cancelling out all the corruption and other stuff. Which is what did for Major, in the end.

The fact that Starmer is smart (sartorially, as well as brains), articulate and moderate is attracting older voters, people like my mother, by no means ever a Labour supporter. Many of them also have a significant interest in the planet. They hate unseasonable bad weather, feed the birds, watch David Attenborough/Chris Packham and want a future for their grandchildren.

As Trump found, there aren't enough of the hard-core alt-right to win elections. They actually swing on the middle ground of people who are, at most, only slightly inclined one way or the other. The last few by-elections suggest a lot of those are wavering or staying away.

Finally, the longer a party has been in power, the more the electorate want a change. Especially as it gets over the ten-year mark. And there isn't the Brexit issue to swing things in Johnson's favour this time.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 12:18]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Press going in on Boris again… on 12:12 - Jan 4 with 1581 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Press going in on Boris again… on 09:38 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

What exactly about their open bigotry, corruption and incompetence appealed to you previously?

Like I said, this tribalism baffles me. The world isn't black and white but a multitude of greys.
Who said I voted Tory last time out anyway?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024