Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth run in 17:04 - Mar 26 with 2145 viewsKropotkin123

Now Plymouth need to get a couple of results from:
Oxford
Burton
Wycombe
Sunderland
Wigan
Milton Keynes

Will be interesting to see if they collapse or make it.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 17:04]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

No subject on 17:05 - Mar 26 with 2112 viewsDyland

Town have stolen their mojo... we're gonna win the next six... and they'll drop away.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Plymouth run in on 17:06 - Mar 26 with 2078 viewsParisBlue

It's better for us if they win all 6 rather than lose all 6.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

No subject on 17:07 - Mar 26 with 2059 viewswkj

No subject on 17:05 - Mar 26 by Dyland

Town have stolen their mojo... we're gonna win the next six... and they'll drop away.

COYFB

If I was ignorant to the league table I never would have guessed they were in the playoff hunt. I don't think many have put up less of a fight all season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Plymouth run in on 17:12 - Mar 26 with 1985 viewsKropotkin123

Plymouth run in on 17:06 - Mar 26 by ParisBlue

It's better for us if they win all 6 rather than lose all 6.

How do you work that one out? You think Oxford, Wigan and Milton Keynes have a greater chance of collapsing? Or Burton will go on a run and pip both teams to sixth?

Sunderland and Wycombe are the two that we could benefit from them getting a draw. If they lose the rest, I'd be very happy.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2022 17:13]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Plymouth run in on 17:14 - Mar 26 with 1958 viewsMullet

Can't see us closing the 10 pts on them unless they lose almost all of those! Not sure it helps much unless they all take points off each other just enough to allow us to storm away and leapfrog several teams.

Will be a tight 7th place finish won't it? I've feared it for weeks and can see it even clearer now. 1pt or even 1goal off top six seems like the most poetic way to put a dampener on the great work McKenna does.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Plymouth run in on 17:19 - Mar 26 with 1888 viewsKropotkin123

Plymouth run in on 17:14 - Mar 26 by Mullet

Can't see us closing the 10 pts on them unless they lose almost all of those! Not sure it helps much unless they all take points off each other just enough to allow us to storm away and leapfrog several teams.

Will be a tight 7th place finish won't it? I've feared it for weeks and can see it even clearer now. 1pt or even 1goal off top six seems like the most poetic way to put a dampener on the great work McKenna does.

Yeah, for what it's worth, I don't think it will happen for us. But stranger things have happened in football, so I'm all for hoping and enjoying it.

11 games undefeated. 35 points from our last 17 games. Normally that would be enough to see us in the playoffs, even with our bad start. Crazy that McKenna has done so well and we are still so far away.

Plymouth run in on 17:26 - Mar 26 with 1822 viewsParisBlue

Plymouth run in on 17:12 - Mar 26 by Kropotkin123

How do you work that one out? You think Oxford, Wigan and Milton Keynes have a greater chance of collapsing? Or Burton will go on a run and pip both teams to sixth?

Sunderland and Wycombe are the two that we could benefit from them getting a draw. If they lose the rest, I'd be very happy.

We probably need to finish above Sunderland, Wycombe and Oxford so Plymouth taking points off them will help.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Plymouth run in on 18:34 - Mar 26 with 1634 viewsjayessess

We're way more likely to catch Oxford than Plymouth at this point.

If you magically swap our last 60 seconds from today with our last 60 from last Saturday I'd gladly do so!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 18:37 - Mar 26 with 1616 viewsGlasgowBlue

No subject on 17:07 - Mar 26 by wkj

If I was ignorant to the league table I never would have guessed they were in the playoff hunt. I don't think many have put up less of a fight all season.

Not only in the play offs, but the form team. We made them look average.

They are just 2 points off MK Dons but MK were a much harder team to play against.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Plymouth run in on 19:24 - Mar 26 with 1482 viewsSarge

Think we’re fighting for one place along with Oxford, Wycombe and Sunderland. Best for us if Plymouth can beat them all. Not sure of it based on their performance today, I’m not sure they posed any threat at all but they’re by far the most likeable club in the top 8 so good luck to them.
Plymouth run in on 19:50 - Mar 26 with 1334 viewsjayessess

Plymouth run in on 19:24 - Mar 26 by Sarge

Think we’re fighting for one place along with Oxford, Wycombe and Sunderland. Best for us if Plymouth can beat them all. Not sure of it based on their performance today, I’m not sure they posed any threat at all but they’re by far the most likeable club in the top 8 so good luck to them.

Have you considered that today's performance was just about how brilliant we are though 😉

Plymouth run in on 20:01 - Mar 26 with 1288 viewsSarge

Plymouth run in on 19:50 - Mar 26 by jayessess

Have you considered that today's performance was just about how brilliant we are though 😉

I’m starting to think it’s not a coincidence that I haven’t been impressed with any team we’ve played since KMc arrived.
Plymouth run in on 21:08 - Mar 26 with 1133 viewsBigCommon

They are in pole position.. But I don't agree with Morsy's assumption, that Plymouth are "guaranteed", a play off spot.. They picked up a couple of injuries today, too.. There could be some twists and turns, as the pressure cranks up...
No subject on 21:10 - Mar 26 with 1122 viewsArnieM

No subject on 17:07 - Mar 26 by wkj

Could say that about most of the teams we’ve played that are above us. We’ve usually played the, off the park… our problem was there in abundance again today. We don’t bury the bloody chances and stand the chance of getting caugh5 out. Aka Oxford…. And numerous other games. Our Strikers are simply not good (clinical?) enough.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Plymouth run in on 21:12 - Mar 26 with 1117 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Plymouth run in on 19:24 - Mar 26 by Sarge

Plus, if we were to sneak into 6th place, on today's showing, we would happily play Plymouth in a play-off final!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Plymouth run in on 21:29 - Mar 26 with 1074 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just let’s win 5 of 6 and see how the cards fall. Win them all and we will get in, five of them it’s a toss up I reckon.
Plymouth run in on 16:14 - Apr 30 with 600 viewsKropotkin123

They got W1 D3 L3 of their last 7 games. So somewhat of a collapse. Not entirely surprised to see them fall short based in their run in. Still, they must be gutted to miss out on the playoffs with 80 points!

Plymouth run in on 17:14 - Apr 30 with 529 viewsjayessess

Could do worse than put Panutche Camara on the shortlist...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024