Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? 19:09 - Apr 4 with 2401 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 08:49 - Apr 5 with 592 viewsLeaky

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 19:57 - Apr 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I haven't had it and I lick door handles so what you said is probably what I really meant!

I have tested positive 3 times had mild symptoms once. Just a cough & runny nose
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:18 - Apr 5 with 572 viewsGlasgowBlue

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 21:52 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

I will never know for certain whether I had Covid, but I did have something with a lot of the symptoms - cough, loss of taste, upset stomach. However, that was at a point (late March-early April 2020) when you only got a test if you ended up in hospital and, while not well, I never got that bad.

By the time antibody testing came along, they would have been well out of my system.

Likewise. I test quite regularly and have never tested positive or had the symptom since the last week of March 2020. Felt rough for 5 days and kicked the Mrs into the spare room for seven days. There was no testing back then and we were in lockdown anyways so just sweated it out.

My Mrs picked it up at her dad's funeral at the end of the summer of 2020 but I was fine. Once again I kicked her into the spare room for seven days.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 9:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 558 viewsBlueBadger

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 03:47 - Apr 5 by bournemouthblue

Interesting poll, I suspect this will vary across the nation

In the East we are going to be slightly less likely to get it, just because of how spread out everything is

Of the 60% who haven't had it, I wonder how many of us have had it and simply not realised

Close to 100%, I suspect.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:43 - Apr 5 with 554 viewsBloomBlue

So it looks like 60% of the TWTD population have followed the guidelines of wearing masks, washing hands, sensible social distancing - well done
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:53 - Apr 5 with 544 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:18 - Apr 5 by GlasgowBlue

Likewise. I test quite regularly and have never tested positive or had the symptom since the last week of March 2020. Felt rough for 5 days and kicked the Mrs into the spare room for seven days. There was no testing back then and we were in lockdown anyways so just sweated it out.

My Mrs picked it up at her dad's funeral at the end of the summer of 2020 but I was fine. Once again I kicked her into the spare room for seven days.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 9:54]

Doctor Slave confirms that you had it too.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:54 - Apr 5 with 537 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:35 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

We have no truck with opinion and suspecting here young Badger.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 10:08 - Apr 5 with 519 viewsPinewoodblue

Wouldn’t have known I had had it if hadn’t been tagged by NHS App. Was very surprised, when I tested, that it was positive.

I was actually in Co. Donegal on the day I was near someone who had tested positive. Most of the people there were from Derry.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 12:32 - Apr 5 with 485 viewsBluJu

As my family and I were regularly attending games, plus the kids are at school, we were regularly testing, and none of us tested positive until Feb this year. My wife and 3 kids had it all at once - coughing, hacking & proper snotty etc. (painting a nice picture for you?!) and positive for 10 days, but despite sharing the same house and not isolating from each other at all, I did not test positive throughout.

So I am quite convinced that I have not had it.
Login to get fewer ads

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 12:43 - Apr 5 with 478 viewsjeera

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 12:32 - Apr 5 by BluJu

As my family and I were regularly attending games, plus the kids are at school, we were regularly testing, and none of us tested positive until Feb this year. My wife and 3 kids had it all at once - coughing, hacking & proper snotty etc. (painting a nice picture for you?!) and positive for 10 days, but despite sharing the same house and not isolating from each other at all, I did not test positive throughout.

Funny one this isn't it.

Sister had a family meal a couple of weeks back for which it turned out the son's gf had covid without knowing. Dunno why no one bothered to test before cramming together for dinner but there you go.

Out of the group only my brother-in-law contracted it and has spent the entire time since quite unwell, spending a good week confined to his room in bed.

He's never ill and in truth thought the whole covid thing was OTT until it finally caught up with him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 13:02 - Apr 5 with 465 viewsChurchman

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 02:26 - Apr 5 by Eireannach_gorm

Really depends on the age group. i am over 60 and dont believe I have had it however I am treble jabbed and super cautious ( still wear a mask ). Also I have no small children in my family circle which seem to be to be a bottomless source of Covid-19. Any of my colleagues who have young children got it. I have not attended a mass gathering of any type and don't use public transport. I have reduced my risk factor by my behaviour and circumstances.

Similar scenario for me. My dad is still with us but is frail and not been well, so while I’m not fussed by the mask thing, I’ve been careful where I go and test before fortnightly visits.

As it goes, I’ve got a fairly robust immune system - don’t think I’ve ever had proper flu (where you’re knocked out for a week etc) and rarely get colds so who knows, I might have had it during the lockdown period and been asymptomatic.

What I do know is that lots of people I know have had it recently; far more than during the earlier waves of it so am pretty pessimistic about avoiding it.
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 13:21 - Apr 5 with 460 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 12:32 - Apr 5 by BluJu

Junior (single vaccine) had it twice in 6 weeks and me and Mum avoided it despite not locking her in her room. I was thinking it would be a matter of time for us now, particularly as vaccines were a good while ago, which partly motivated this poll. Quite a few people must have replied now and there appear to be grounds to hope this might not be the case.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 13:25 - Apr 5 with 450 viewslongtimefan

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 10:08 - Apr 5 by Pinewoodblue

Wouldn’t have known I had had it if hadn’t been tagged by NHS App. Was very surprised, when I tested, that it was positive.

I was actually in Co. Donegal on the day I was near someone who had tested positive. Most of the people there were from Derry.

I've been tagged four times through the Covid App. Three times through ITFC match attendance and once through my son, who lives at my home, catching it. To the best of my knowledge I've never had it as I've not had any symptoms, and have always tested regularly, and even daily after the notifications. In fact I've tested at least once a week ever since the general availability of LFTs as I've needed to deliver my Mother's shopping since the start of Covid, as she's in her 90s and has lung cancer (though thankfully seemingly in remission). So I'm fairly sure it's bypassed me so far.
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:02 - Apr 5 with 431 viewsfactual_blue

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 00:24 - Apr 5 by jeera

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:38 - Apr 5 with 423 viewsLord_Lucan

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 03:47 - Apr 5 by bournemouthblue

Interesting poll, I suspect this will vary across the nation

In the East we are going to be slightly less likely to get it, just because of how spread out everything is

Of the 60% who haven't had it, I wonder how many of us have had it and simply not realised

Interesting is one way of looking at it.

I know hardly anyone who hasn't had it - probably around 10%

Funny old place is TWTD - and that's a blooming understatement!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:40 - Apr 5 with 422 viewsDanTheMan

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:38 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

Same here, surprised at the numbers, pretty much everyone I know has had it including myself.

Got one friend who somehow has managed to avoid it despite living in London and working in a school and my parents have also managed to avoid it although they've been incredibly careful.

Other than that everyone else I can think of has had it at least once if not twice now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:53 - Apr 5 with 413 viewsRyorry

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 09:35 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

Not yet. Unless it was the flu I had (for first time in my life) the week before Christmas 2020.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 17:31 - Apr 5 with 393 viewsnodge_blue

Thats a really interesting poll so far. Suggesting nearly two thirds not had it, despite it being rife.

Maybe that shows the vaccine is still holding up very well.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 17:39 - Apr 5 with 390 viewshappybeingblue

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 17:31 - Apr 5 by nodge_blue

Thats a really interesting poll so far. Suggesting nearly two thirds not had it, despite it being rife.

Got it in Jan did not test negative til 10th day took me a month or so to get back to normal,do my usual walks etc without being absolutely shattered. im a relatively fit 52 yr old with no health issues,my throat was odd for ages, comparing it to a mild cold is silly imo.
At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 18:35 - Apr 5 with 362 viewsRyorry

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 17:31 - Apr 5 by nodge_blue

No doubt Badger (and/or other medical pros) will correct me if this is wrong, but I don't think vaccines prevent you from getting infected, they just reduce the seriousness of the impact on your body if/when you do get it, as they give you the antibodies in advance to fight it off with (which we wouldn't otherwise have, or not have enough of, cos it's a novel virus).

In my case I'm certain I haven't had it as I'm simply being incredibly careful.

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 18:37 - Apr 5 with 361 viewsRyorry

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:02 - Apr 5 by factual_blue

So it was you who gave Maxwell the push then

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 342 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At the risk of tempting fate. Anybody else not had Covid? on 16:38 - Apr 5 by Lord_Lucan

I shall be presenting my findings to The Lancet for peer review. Clearly spending too much time on a football forum significantly reduces the chances of succumbing to a global pandemic...staggering....or.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024