Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
when even paul mason is calling him out ... 18:23 - Apr 8 with 2401 viewslowhouseblue

there can only be owen jones left.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 18:34 - Apr 8 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

Your link is the end of the thread. Here is the start.

I’m sure redacted, redacted and redacted will be along in a minute to defend the dear leader.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 18:42 - Apr 8 with 2296 viewsBeckets

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 18:34 - Apr 8 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sure redacted, redacted and redacted will be along in a minute to defend the dear leader.

I’m going to settle down for the evening, monitor this thread and play the ‘neo liberalism’ reference drinking game.
when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 19:36 - Apr 8 with 2183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I find these twitter threads very hard to navigate but having just read the Jacobin article his observations on the ultimate futility of war and the double standards on sucking up to Putin while he was massacring Chechens and oligarch money in our politics and wider society seem pretty accurate. ( No mention of the Bucha massacre that Mason brings up in his commentary) .
Unfortunately when we are where we are now then talk of ideals doesn't really move us any further forward in terms of resolving the situation. All a bit powder puff really.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 20:19 - Apr 8 with 2087 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When will Labour replace Corbyn as leader?

Surely they would be streaks ahead in the polls with someone like Starmer as leader!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 20:46 - Apr 8 with 2011 viewswkj

That is [redacted]. If you're gonna try and play in the big leagues, at least use regulation syntax

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 20:57 - Apr 8 with 1975 viewsSwansea_Blue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 20:19 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

When will Labour replace Corbyn as leader?

Surely they would be streaks ahead in the polls with someone like Starmer as leader!

He was useless as the leader and even more useless now he’s irrelevant. I wish Labour supporters would move on and forget about him. It’s a load of obsessive rubbish that helps nobody. (What I really wish is that a progressive, centrist to left, socially-leaning party with ideas to tackle the actual challenges we face appears out of nowhere and kicks them into touch, but no sign of that happening unfortunately).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 21:08 - Apr 8 with 1934 viewsBeckets

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 20:57 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

He was useless as the leader and even more useless now he’s irrelevant. I wish Labour supporters would move on and forget about him. It’s a load of obsessive rubbish that helps nobody. (What I really wish is that a progressive, centrist to left, socially-leaning party with ideas to tackle the actual challenges we face appears out of nowhere and kicks them into touch, but no sign of that happening unfortunately).

Try the Green Party.
when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 22:24 - Apr 8 with 1798 viewsHARRY10

has he come out yet ?

maybe he (whoever it is), is not at home

try knocking the door
Login to get fewer ads

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 22:33 - Apr 8 with 1771 viewsEireannach_gorm

but what about the emails?
when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 22:38 - Apr 8 with 1759 viewsSwansea_Blue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 21:08 - Apr 8 by Beckets

Try the Green Party.

I have to vote Labour now after moving into a marginal, but I wish the greens could build some more momentum similar to how they do in Europe.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 23:31 - Apr 8 with 1679 viewsbournemouthblue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 22:38 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

I have to vote Labour now after moving into a marginal, but I wish the greens could build some more momentum similar to how they do in Europe.

I think the Greens actually appeal more in Tory areas for Tories who wouldn't dream of voting either Labour or Lib Dems but are fed up with the Tories

It will be a strange election next time around, I genuinely think Labour, Lib Dems and Greens should form some sort of alliance to tactically defeat the Tories

Much as the Brexit Party did with the Tories

It's for the greater good

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 00:00 - Apr 9 with 1643 viewsDarth_Koont

Paul Mason is to the left what Maajid Nawaz is to the centre.

Self-interested grifters who are playing the system and the ignorant.

Pronouns: He/Him

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:27 - Apr 9 with 1372 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why would Labour, or the Greens, or the LibDems not be that party?

My point is that, under Starmer, doesn't Labour become that?

We need another centrist/left party as much as shooting ourselves. Any vote left of centre is already split between those parties. Whereas the Conservatives do an excellent job of absorbing UKIP, the Brexit Party, etc and not losing their traditional support in doing so. Unless and/or until there is some form of proportional representation, the centre and left of politics needs to become less fragmented not more.

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 1357 viewsGlasgowBlue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:27 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

We need another centrist/left party as much as shooting ourselves. Any vote left of centre is already split between those parties. Whereas the Conservatives do an excellent job of absorbing UKIP, the Brexit Party, etc and not losing their traditional support in doing so. Unless and/or until there is some form of proportional representation, the centre and left of politics needs to become less fragmented not more.

Indeed. Labour under Starmer fit that bill perfectly.

An ideal scenario would be for a centre right breakaway by the old one nation Tories. That would see a lot of traditional Tories peel off from Johnson's party and let Labour through the middle.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:38 - Apr 9 with 1330 viewsNthsuffolkblue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:30 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Labour under Starmer fit that bill perfectly.

An ideal scenario would be for a centre right breakaway by the old one nation Tories. That would see a lot of traditional Tories peel off from Johnson's party and let Labour through the middle.

As I say, the Tories have always been too wise to take that risk and protect power above all. It is the preserve of the centre/left to split the vote and look on from the shadows instead.

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 1287 viewsSonOfSpock

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 12:27 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

People could take a look at the SDP.
when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:00 - Apr 9 with 1140 viewsHalifaxBlue

I swore I'd never wade into the politics on here, but...

As someone living outside the UK, I find it almost humorous how often I see this hand-wringing about something this man has said, only to read the actual source and find a completely reasonable take.

If that Jacobin article is defending genocide deniers and Putin proxies (spoiler - it isn't), then any opposition to full-fledged war with Russia does the same. That is a very dangerous position to be in.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:03 - Apr 9 with 1112 viewsjontysnut

Saw a good interview with an academic who argued that there is a big chunck of young voters who were attracted by Corbyn policies but are now effectively politically homeless. I'm more interested in the people who don't vote. I can't imagine most of them are pro Johnson.
when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:08 - Apr 9 with 1080 viewsNthsuffolkblue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:03 - Apr 9 by jontysnut

Saw a good interview with an academic who argued that there is a big chunck of young voters who were attracted by Corbyn policies but are now effectively politically homeless. I'm more interested in the people who don't vote. I can't imagine most of them are pro Johnson.

Elections seem to be won as much by people not voting as parties attracting votes. The problem is how to get them to vote without alienating those who already support them.

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:21 - Apr 9 with 1040 viewsjeera

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:00 - Apr 9 by HalifaxBlue

I swore I'd never wade into the politics on here, but...

As someone living outside the UK, I find it almost humorous how often I see this hand-wringing about something this man has said, only to read the actual source and find a completely reasonable take.

If that Jacobin article is defending genocide deniers and Putin proxies (spoiler - it isn't), then any opposition to full-fledged war with Russia does the same. That is a very dangerous position to be in.

I also had to look over it a few times thinking I'd missed an entire paragraph or something.

The article is so inoffensive the only thing I wonder at is the point of its existence.

It does seem to be telling the reader the obvious with possibly its only purpose being to keep its author relevant in some way.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 15:21]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 16:02 - Apr 9 with 971 viewsHalifaxBlue

when even paul mason is calling him out ... on 15:21 - Apr 9 by jeera

I also had to look over it a few times thinking I'd missed an entire paragraph or something.

The article is so inoffensive the only thing I wonder at is the point of its existence.

It does seem to be telling the reader the obvious with possibly its only purpose being to keep its author relevant in some way.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 15:21]

Sadly, the borderline hysterical reaction to this white-bread opinion piece would suggest that maybe things this obvious do indeed need saying more often

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024