Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really 09:51 - Apr 28 with 3187 viewsunstableblue

Hope we put on a show and get a win, go out in style, with the taste of winning

Them at must be the highest last home game crowd at PR for some time?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 09:54 - Apr 28 with 2672 viewsGeoffSentence

Possibly since 2015

Edit: we could even exceed the last home league game for 2015, which was 25,199 against Forest. Of course the semi against The Nodgers was much higher. But for an actual league game we may have to go way back to find a higher final game attendance.

Second Edit: Coventry in 2009 was 27,225, so that will probably be higher than this Saturday. Was that Keano's first home game?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 10:02]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:53 - Apr 28 with 2528 viewsChrisd

This must be the frustrating thing for MA and Gamechanger, the fans are there in numbers, we just need to get it right on the pitch for it to fully take off.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:00 - Apr 28 with 2503 viewsBobbychase

25,000+ for a dead rubber does suggest the "terrible end to the season, questions over McKenna etc" is not as widespread a sentiment as Twitter suggests.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:05 - Apr 28 with 2484 viewsChrisd

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:00 - Apr 28 by Bobbychase

25,000+ for a dead rubber does suggest the "terrible end to the season, questions over McKenna etc" is not as widespread a sentiment as Twitter suggests.

I do believe those comments were borne out of frustration and disappointment especially when we were on that good run and some people were starting to get ahead of themselves.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:54 - Apr 28 with 2389 viewsIllinoisblue

And we’ll finish the season with a higher average than 19 chaMpionship clubs. The support is there no doubt. If we get it right on the pitch it’ll be time for take off

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:56 - Apr 28 with 2376 viewscatch74

Wonder what first game of next season will be!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 12:24 - Apr 28 with 2318 viewsKeno

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:56 - Apr 28 by catch74

Wonder what first game of next season will be!?

Probably fairly hot, with it bering August and will involve 22 players kicking the ball about

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:19 - Apr 28 with 2184 viewsclive_baker

Great support for a side 11th in L1 and under achieving. I've enjoyed elements of this season and the 'feel good' factor has been there, but in other ways it's been bleak. Dumped out of the FA cup to Barrow live on the box, Charlton away was one of the worst performances I've witnessed. After a slow start where cheap points were dropped we threatened to get going after some emphatic performances, but we never showed the consistency to close the gap. K Mc has improved us, but had too much to do and it was always a long shot. Results never quite seemed to go our way to truly give us the belief. Even going into the Cambridge game it still felt like a long shot, even had we won.

Certain signs of progress though. We're more robust, better organised, we can control games a little better, although there's still a soft underbelly that's seen us throw away a number of leads. I certainly couldn't see this side shipping 5 at home to Bolton. Work in progress though, and much to do over the summer.

On balance I'll be pretty happy to see the season close tbh. I too would like to see us go out with a win. It's a relatively arbitrary and utterly meaningless milestone but to finish on 70 points would be nice. That would be 41 points from KM's half season, or 1.78 ppg. That's there or thereabouts p/off form even this season where the tally is mad. Encouraging for next season if we've done that in H2 from a standing start and with an inherited squad.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 2090 viewscatch74

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 12:24 - Apr 28 by Keno

Probably fairly hot, with it bering August and will involve 22 players kicking the ball about

What if it were July?!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:43 - Apr 28 with 2082 viewsBonneNIL

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:00 - Apr 28 by Bobbychase

These are the group that is easily lost though, if they turn up in their numbers after being away for years or sporadic attendance, and watch us play pit-pat with a lone striker, no service, with 1 decent shot all game and we end up losing or drawing in the 80th minute against Charlton they won't be too excited to come back.

Since losing against mid-table rivals Cambridge, we've largely been dire. People aren't making it up, it's been that bad bar a few good moments here or there. Cameron Humphreys in his post-match last night talked about how they played, and these are the kind of things the 1st 11 need to be doing to win, and not take their foot off the gas every week and coast to dropped points. We need to become winners mentally if we are to get out of this league. That kid was a breath of fresh air to listen to and I can see why Dyer would want him in the 1st team.

We should just go for it, I'd rather we drew 3-3 and gave it some, rather than what we have seen in recent weeks. Something akin to Wigan would be fine, but a bit more fire.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:45 - Apr 28 with 2078 viewsEly_Blue

I’ll jump on this thread but if anyone knows of someone who wants 2 free tickets in SARL for Saturday then let me know as I haven’t used my free ticket code this season

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 17:09 - Apr 28 with 1873 viewsBobbychase

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:43 - Apr 28 by BonneNIL

These are the group that is easily lost though, if they turn up in their numbers after being away for years or sporadic attendance, and watch us play pit-pat with a lone striker, no service, with 1 decent shot all game and we end up losing or drawing in the 80th minute against Charlton they won't be too excited to come back.

Since losing against mid-table rivals Cambridge, we've largely been dire. People aren't making it up, it's been that bad bar a few good moments here or there. Cameron Humphreys in his post-match last night talked about how they played, and these are the kind of things the 1st 11 need to be doing to win, and not take their foot off the gas every week and coast to dropped points. We need to become winners mentally if we are to get out of this league. That kid was a breath of fresh air to listen to and I can see why Dyer would want him in the 1st team.

We should just go for it, I'd rather we drew 3-3 and gave it some, rather than what we have seen in recent weeks. Something akin to Wigan would be fine, but a bit more fire.

"These are the group that is easily lost though, if they turn up in their numbers after being away for years or sporadic attendance, and watch us play pit-pat with a lone striker, no service, with 1 decent shot all game and we end up losing or drawing in the 80th minute against Charlton they won't be too excited to come back."

I think that's a bit harsh, You could hardly say the game v Wigan, who are currently top, followed that pattern, We outplayed them and were unfortunate not to win.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 1842 viewsAlanG296

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 17:09 - Apr 28 by Bobbychase

"These are the group that is easily lost though, if they turn up in their numbers after being away for years or sporadic attendance, and watch us play pit-pat with a lone striker, no service, with 1 decent shot all game and we end up losing or drawing in the 80th minute against Charlton they won't be too excited to come back."

I think that's a bit harsh, You could hardly say the game v Wigan, who are currently top, followed that pattern, We outplayed them and were unfortunate not to win.

The Wigan game was good in many ways but ultimately we didn't win. Pretty passing and ball retention are all well and good but it's scoring goals and winning that get the crowd cheering and celebrating. We need that on Saturday for a positive finish to the season to get the non-regular fans wanting to come back for the first home game next season.
Great post on 17:49 - Apr 28 with 1787 viewsunstableblue

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 13:19 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

Great support for a side 11th in L1 and under achieving. I've enjoyed elements of this season and the 'feel good' factor has been there, but in other ways it's been bleak. Dumped out of the FA cup to Barrow live on the box, Charlton away was one of the worst performances I've witnessed. After a slow start where cheap points were dropped we threatened to get going after some emphatic performances, but we never showed the consistency to close the gap. K Mc has improved us, but had too much to do and it was always a long shot. Results never quite seemed to go our way to truly give us the belief. Even going into the Cambridge game it still felt like a long shot, even had we won.

Certain signs of progress though. We're more robust, better organised, we can control games a little better, although there's still a soft underbelly that's seen us throw away a number of leads. I certainly couldn't see this side shipping 5 at home to Bolton. Work in progress though, and much to do over the summer.

On balance I'll be pretty happy to see the season close tbh. I too would like to see us go out with a win. It's a relatively arbitrary and utterly meaningless milestone but to finish on 70 points would be nice. That would be 41 points from KM's half season, or 1.78 ppg. That's there or thereabouts p/off form even this season where the tally is mad. Encouraging for next season if we've done that in H2 from a standing start and with an inherited squad.

That Charlton night was as bad as some of the games from Mick during the end of his tenure.

And I think it was quite miraculous to bounce back from Barrow so quickly... that Sunderland performance under McGreal.

Bizarrely my two favourite games of the season were under Cook... Pompey away (well second half) and Wycombe away... Wycombe came out very strong that night, and we showed a steel and dominance we've not seen for years.

I have really enjoyed how we've been playing under McKenna, and especially the emergence of The Wolf.

But some great concerns on our ability to score and to hurt teams, be dynamic.

My positive for next term is I think the team have formed a strong unit and group now, I think the culture is there now, and they will return from the summer as a strong group. AND the way we scored two against Wigan via some real energy and drive.

But as I keep saying we need to go into this season as a humble and realistic club and fans. Its going to be very hard to hit the ground running and keep it up. 3 strong signings will make a difference. But there will be very few easy games.

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 18:37 - Apr 28 with 1717 viewsElephantintheRoom

Some might say it’s a bit pathetic. The bind following the bland

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 18:43 - Apr 28 with 1708 viewsFrimleyBlue

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 18:37 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Or a good day out in the sun on the last day to say thanks to those for giving their all. And some to possibly see their favourite for the last time.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 18:49 - Apr 28 with 1684 viewsoldburian

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 18:37 - Apr 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Well one particular person and no surprise who it is.
25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 22:01 - Apr 28 with 1491 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 23:45 - Apr 28 with 1404 viewsPinewoodblue

We need a gate of 25,085 to hit 500,000 for the season.

We will also have a higher average than three Premier League clubs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 08:08 - Apr 29 with 1209 viewsArnieM

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 23:45 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

That’s just bloody awesome for division three frankly and for a club that’s shown no promise for nigh on 20yrs ! No pressure on Ashton / McKenna for next season then …..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wowsers! doing a quick remaining seat inventory scan we should exceed that (n/t) on 08:40 - Apr 29 with 1152 viewsunstableblue

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 23:45 - Apr 28 by Pinewoodblue

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:44 - Apr 29 with 973 viewsSTYG

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 22:01 - Apr 28 by Deano69

I know Ajax do it wonderfully, but if there was any song I'd love to see Section 6 get behind it would be this.

Think it speaks wonderfully of the naive hopes and dreams and expectations of a football fan, as well as being a banging tune and a proper feel good song.

Plus everybody surely knows the words!
25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:49 - Apr 29 with 960 viewsKeno

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:44 - Apr 29 by STYG

I know Ajax do it wonderfully, but if there was any song I'd love to see Section 6 get behind it would be this.

Think it speaks wonderfully of the naive hopes and dreams and expectations of a football fan, as well as being a banging tune and a proper feel good song.

Plus everybody surely knows the words!

what are the words to this?

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:50 - Apr 29 with 956 viewsSTYG

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:49 - Apr 29 by Keno

what are the words to this?

Don't worry.
25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 11:00 - Apr 29 with 921 viewsKeno

25k+ for last game of the season! Pretty amazing really on 10:50 - Apr 29 by STYG

Don't worry.

what about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024