Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 14:01 - May 16 with 4058 viewshype313

Bit odd how he's been offered a contract and it's been on the table for a while and still hasn't signed, wonder if he wants a guarantee of being a starter before he commits, tough one as I can't see him being our main man.

Looks like a Mexican stand off for the foreseeable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jackson on 18:18 - May 16 with 914 viewsCoastalblue

Has his existing contract expired now? May be a case of waiting until that does before signing a new one, particularly if there were better terms in the existing one.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Jackson on 20:09 - May 16 with 838 viewsWakh

Jackson on 14:24 - May 16 by STYG

Do you seriously think Kayden Jackson at THIS Ipswich Town is in any way insane enough to think such a clause, if it existed, would ever be realistic.

He'd be laughed out of the room.

The reason it's not signed is probably simple. He will be offered terms here befitting of a 2nd / 3rd choice striker. He will have offers from other clubs that may well be to be the main man. It'll come down to how much he wants to play against how much he wants to earn you'd imagine.

In no alternate universe is he even a guaranteed starter here.

I don't think Stewart127 was suggesting anything like that. I read that he was questioning the OP for suggesting it. I could be wrong but that was my take.
Jackson on 20:15 - May 16 with 836 viewstextbackup

Jackson on 16:56 - May 16 by STYG

There is no way we bought Kayden Jackson, as a Championship club, for £1.7m and put him on £1,000 a week. Some League Two players earn that.

He'd have been on £4,000 - £5,000 a week minimum I'd have thought and probably been one of our lower paid senior players.

Kally, over on twitter, is close with a few of the players, made mention that this new contract offer is the same weekly wage hes currently on...... which isnt far off what Drinian was earning here.

so no chance its 4/5k..... id say 1500/2000 max

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jackson on 07:04 - May 17 with 715 viewstractorboy1978

Jackson on 20:15 - May 16 by textbackup

Kally, over on twitter, is close with a few of the players, made mention that this new contract offer is the same weekly wage hes currently on...... which isnt far off what Drinian was earning here.

That crop of players (Jackson, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson) all signed deals on low Championship wages which then dropped again by 40-50% when we got relegated. So very likely he's on no more than £2,500 a week.
Jackson on 08:20 - May 17 with 665 viewsitfcjoe

I think the Hurst lot were all on around about £4k a week that got chopped in half when we went into L1.

We had £1m on the table for him 2 years ago, and no doubt a big pay rise for him, which we turned down and effectively chucked him in the stiffs for best part of 2 seasons so can see why he wouldn't have much loyalty towards us and go out and get what he can.

As clive_baker has said, he hasn't earned much in his footballing career yet as came into the game late so he'll need to take the longest/best deal avaialble.

I hope he stays, add 2 strikers, get rid of Pigott and with jackson plus 2 others we'll be in a good position

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson on 08:44 - May 17 with 620 viewsitfcsuth

Jackson on 08:20 - May 17 by itfcjoe

I think the Hurst lot were all on around about £4k a week that got chopped in half when we went into L1.

We had £1m on the table for him 2 years ago, and no doubt a big pay rise for him, which we turned down and effectively chucked him in the stiffs for best part of 2 seasons so can see why he wouldn't have much loyalty towards us and go out and get what he can.

As clive_baker has said, he hasn't earned much in his footballing career yet as came into the game late so he'll need to take the longest/best deal avaialble.

I hope he stays, add 2 strikers, get rid of Pigott and with jackson plus 2 others we'll be in a good position

Agree with this.

3 strikers including Jackson whilst moving Pigott would be my preference.

However as you say, I don't think the circa £4k figure will cut it for him - I think he'll think he can get more.

It's a strange one because for long parts of ITFC he really hasn't done enough to warrant a new deal, but KM and himself somewhat revived his ITFC career at this final hurdle, and he really did seem to suit KM system better than anyone else.
Jackson on 09:05 - May 17 with 592 viewsChurchman

Jackson on 08:20 - May 17 by itfcjoe

The Jackson situation is an odd one. The reality is that in four seasons he’s made 105 appearances and over that period has hardly pulled up any trees. In January I doubt too many would have shed tears if somebody had wanted him.

Yes, he’s been managed by useless managers at a poor club, but he also has to take a little personal responsibility too and maybe he’s now done so with a new manager and decent end of season of season performances

McKenna sees something in him and on that basis if he stays, great. I hope he does and I sgree, 2 strikers in, Pigott out. If not, we move on and good luck to him if he can do better. He’s 28, not going to get much better and it’s a short career so he should earn what he can.

He owes us nothing and actually, I don’t think we owe him anything either.
Jackson on 09:29 - May 17 with 545 viewscressi

Jackson on 09:05 - May 17 by Churchman

The Jackson situation is an odd one. The reality is that in four seasons he’s made 105 appearances and over that period has hardly pulled up any trees. In January I doubt too many would have shed tears if somebody had wanted him.

Yes, he’s been managed by useless managers at a poor club, but he also has to take a little personal responsibility too and maybe he’s now done so with a new manager and decent end of season of season performances

McKenna sees something in him and on that basis if he stays, great. I hope he does and I sgree, 2 strikers in, Pigott out. If not, we move on and good luck to him if he can do better. He’s 28, not going to get much better and it’s a short career so he should earn what he can.

He owes us nothing and actually, I don’t think we owe him anything either.

Personally I don't care go or stay if stays a decent squad player no more I'm sure there are plenty of quick squad players out there he has done very little in his time here though I feel past management have not known how to get the best out of him
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 09:40 - May 17 with 536 viewsSTYG

Fair enough then. Thanks to the responses educating me on the likely scenario. Apologies as I seem to be wrong.

I'd assumed he'd been on £5k as a lower end Championship player and that he'd lost 20-25% due to relegation, Didn't realise it was likely to be as low as it is.
Jackson on 10:33 - May 17 with 505 viewsjayessess

Well, he's signed it now!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson on 11:10 - May 17 with 445 viewsGeoffSentence

you were fretting unnecessarily.

He's signed

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/kayden-jackson-signs-new-contract-at-ipswic

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jackson on 11:13 - May 17 with 436 viewshype313

Jackson on 11:10 - May 17 by GeoffSentence

you were fretting unnecessarily.

He's signed

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/kayden-jackson-signs-new-contract-at-ipswic

I think fretting is an overstatement!

But nice to see we are getting our ducks in a row early doors.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024