Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13212 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 19:34 - May 20 with 814 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 19:31 - May 20 by Darth_Koont

I hope so. It’s staring us in the face but everyone’s dancing around it trying to keep the right-wing happy.

I expect that the sense of having nationalised water, power and rail systems will be widely accepted within a matter of months ...
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 19:37 - May 20 with 809 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 19:34 - May 20 by XYZ

I expect that the sense of having nationalised water, power and rail systems will be widely accepted within a matter of months ...

Pah. I'm happier subsidising French, Dutch and German taxpayers, thank you very much.

Privatisation has lowered prices and increased choices for consumers.

Just so long as you're also a shareholder.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:39 - May 20 with 689 viewsjeera

I see Johnson senior has got himself French citizenship so he can be an EU citizen.

Which one would assume would be the same pathway for Junior too if he wishes.

Must be nice for the family of the man who campaigned to remove the same life opportunities for other people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:45 - May 21 with 606 viewspointofblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:39 - May 20 by jeera

I see Johnson senior has got himself French citizenship so he can be an EU citizen.

Which one would assume would be the same pathway for Junior too if he wishes.

Must be nice for the family of the man who campaigned to remove the same life opportunities for other people.

Johnson Senior was a Remainer during the campaign, as was the rest of his family IIRC. Just Boris swayed differently and no one can persuade me otherwise that that decision wasn’t solely down to political ambition.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:21 - May 21 with 560 viewsjeera

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:45 - May 21 by pointofblue

Johnson Senior was a Remainer during the campaign, as was the rest of his family IIRC. Just Boris swayed differently and no one can persuade me otherwise that that decision wasn’t solely down to political ambition.

Johnson senior changed his position to back his son's campaigning.

The man should stand by his convictions, once he's decided what they are first I suppose.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:45 - May 21 with 522 viewsRyorry

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:42 - May 20 by XYZ

Thanks for the response. I strongly disagree that "all" MPs are dishonest.

I believe that's a fiction created (or recreated) to excuse the gross corruption and dishonesty of those around Johnson. "Normalising" the behavior of Johnson and his government will, I believe, permanently damage the UK.

The impression that "it's OK to break the rules if you can get away with it" will have damaging consequences when it becomes the "norm".

Given the massive reductions in the numbers of police and HMRC staff, "getting away with it" has become pretty straightforward in the UK. Much rests on the general population being "pretty honest" - once you lose that, you can't be sure where the country is going to end up.

Edit: typo.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 12:43]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 01:34 - May 22 with 409 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This thread is spectacular even for TWTD standards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024