Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13216 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:35 - May 19 with 1209 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:31 - May 19 by Bodger78

No been a follower of TWTD since it started,but rarely comment on here but why do we have to have political posts on here,plenty of other sites where you can view items like this, so why oh why does this one not stick to ITFC matters !

There is a feature to filter it so you only see football related posts.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:52 - May 19 with 1164 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:22 - May 19 by Juggsy

Being political instead of apolitical means you'll blindly follow your party just because it's your party, even if their manifesto is a complete mess.

Nothing wrong with changing your allegiances when that happens - that's actually caring more about other people than cracking the whip for whatever party has been indoctrinated into your life probably through your parents ideologies.

I don't mean being "party" political - I mean having views/ opinions about how society should be ordered/ governed.

I entirely agree about being "party political".

My OP was an attempt to see whether any of those who back the current government were prepared to defend them. I, personally, find the levels of corruption, contempt, dishonesty, etc etc so far off the scale that I struggle to understand who could, knowingly, back them.

Obviously, amongst the usual "play the man not the ball" merchants and the stalker that plays the victim there don't appear to be any.

Thanks to those who did respond in a genuine manner to a genuine inquiry.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:01 - May 19 with 1129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:23 - May 19 by BlueBadger

K Mc's watch by XYZ 29 Mar 2022 19:02
Wtf is that?

Does he control the training drones from it?

It’s a thread about a watch. From two months ago.

If that’s the sum total of his football contributions then his next football post match as well be, Mark Ashton’s chinos. Armani or Hugo Boss?
[Post edited 19 May 2022 10:06]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:06 - May 19 with 1120 viewsclive_baker

I don't really see the point in antagonistic posts like this, just seems designed to be divisive and does more harm than good IMO. We've had enough division in recent years for my liking.

Ps. Vote Green.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:07 - May 19 with 1106 viewsBiGDonnie

I've never voted in a general election.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:09 - May 19 with 1104 viewsPassionNotAnger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:17 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

That’s more than XYZ has ever done.

Do we know if he actually supports Ipswich?

To be fair GB - until comparatively recently I only ever remember seeing you post on political threads and specifically arguing with DK on a constant rinse and repeat cycle

I think phrase and stones and greenhouses springs to mind (and to pre-empt your reply that is my "perception" and it's only those threads I've noticed your, and his, contributions)
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:15 - May 19 with 1070 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:09 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

To be fair GB - until comparatively recently I only ever remember seeing you post on political threads and specifically arguing with DK on a constant rinse and repeat cycle

I think phrase and stones and greenhouses springs to mind (and to pre-empt your reply that is my "perception" and it's only those threads I've noticed your, and his, contributions)

Hmmm. Just a quick look at my first page of my listing history shows me starting 15 football related thread and 5 that’s are not. One of which is a music thread whilst the other about a dog.

So your perception is bollox, to be frank.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:15 - May 19 with 1090 viewsGuthrum

I have voted at different times for all the major parties - apart from UKIP/Brexit, BNP and the region-specific ones - at various electoral levels over the past three decades. Depends upon policies, candidates and campaigns.

Tho I didn't actually vote Conservative in the 2019 GE.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:22 - May 19 with 1069 viewsnodge_blue

I voted Liberal for what its worth - and remain in Brexit.

But people are entitled to vote for who they want without a load of abuse coming their way.

When was the last time we had a "great" government. whoever was in power?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:26 - May 19 with 1060 viewsPassionNotAnger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:15 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmm. Just a quick look at my first page of my listing history shows me starting 15 football related thread and 5 that’s are not. One of which is a music thread whilst the other about a dog.

So your perception is bollox, to be frank.

And this is why the perception is there - you always have to counter to try and "win" an argument at all costs - your sabbatical to reflect on your contributions wasn't as effective as most people probably hoped for.

Regardless of your statistics on threads you "started" - it is my perception (and one that I suspect would be shared if it were to be put to a simple vote?) that most of your contributions are on political threads and a huge % arguing the same point over and over with DK. - It used to be constant BLUE v RED - now you both have seemingly (or at least claimed to have) moved away from your "teams" but continue to trade the same lines relentlessly

For clarity - this is my OPINION, based on my PERCEPTION - I'm NOT claiming it as a FACT
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:28 - May 19 with 1053 viewsDarth_Koont

They’re are a lot of shy Tories as I think we know.

I’m more interested in the bold centrists that were happy to lie about Corbyn and Labour. Or at least regurgitate those lies when it wouldn’t have taken 5 minutes to explore the evidence.

Ignorant voters are one thing but it’s the lack of honest, evidence-based political discussion that directly exacerbates that. A lot of people accept that utterly about the Brexit lies when the result of them goes against their interests, but they’re not so keen to apply that very same standard if it’s in their interests.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:31 - May 19 with 1040 viewspointofblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:06 - May 19 by clive_baker

I don't really see the point in antagonistic posts like this, just seems designed to be divisive and does more harm than good IMO. We've had enough division in recent years for my liking.

Ps. Vote Green.

In fairness, the OP isn’t the most severe critic of Conservative voters on this thread.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:35 - May 19 with 1038 viewsnodge_blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:28 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

I’m more interested in the bold centrists that were happy to lie about Corbyn and Labour. Or at least regurgitate those lies when it wouldn’t have taken 5 minutes to explore the evidence.

Ignorant voters are one thing but it’s the lack of honest, evidence-based political discussion that directly exacerbates that. A lot of people accept that utterly about the Brexit lies when the result of them goes against their interests, but they’re not so keen to apply that very same standard if it’s in their interests.

"I’m more interested in the bold centrists that were happy to lie about Corbyn."

That presumably is a question for Keir Starmer then as he's banned him from the Labour Party?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:36 - May 19 with 1029 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:15 - May 19 by Guthrum

I have voted at different times for all the major parties - apart from UKIP/Brexit, BNP and the region-specific ones - at various electoral levels over the past three decades. Depends upon policies, candidates and campaigns.

Tho I didn't actually vote Conservative in the 2019 GE.

Thanks - personally I'd vote Green under a "fair" voting system, but tend to vote Lib Dem as a "best of the rest" vote in a safe tory constituency in SE England. I have voted Labour but never tory.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:38 - May 19 with 1016 viewsleitrimblue

No, never voted Conservative. Though I have to confess to voting for Blair once in the late 90,s...
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:44 - May 19 with 998 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:28 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

I think there's something in this and I suspect that I'm guilty of it to some extent.

In my head it about stopping the "greater harm" than being able to finesse the "greatest good".

A sensible discussion about what industries should be nationalised for example would be great, but meanwhile (for example) Priti Patel is deporting people based on racism, poor kids are suffering malnutrition and homelessness is rife.

You can't rebuild a country that's on fire until you put the fire out.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:45 - May 19 with 994 viewsclive_baker

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:31 - May 19 by pointofblue

In fairness, the OP isn’t the most severe critic of Conservative voters on this thread.

TBH I'm probably up there myself with that one, quietly. Although I did vote for David Cameron in 2010. Haven't voted Tory since though and can't imagine I ever would again if asked right now.

I just think asking people to 'admit' their voting habits and 'not being shy' makes OP come across like a divisive bell end IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:45 - May 19 with 987 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:35 - May 19 by nodge_blue

"I’m more interested in the bold centrists that were happy to lie about Corbyn."

That presumably is a question for Keir Starmer then as he's banned him from the Labour Party?

Oh absolutely. Starmer is one of the worst dissembling shytehawks around.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:49 - May 19 with 968 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:44 - May 19 by XYZ

I think there's something in this and I suspect that I'm guilty of it to some extent.

In my head it about stopping the "greater harm" than being able to finesse the "greatest good".

A sensible discussion about what industries should be nationalised for example would be great, but meanwhile (for example) Priti Patel is deporting people based on racism, poor kids are suffering malnutrition and homelessness is rife.

You can't rebuild a country that's on fire until you put the fire out.

Indeed.

But I think the inanity of the political game (and the politicking around refugees is one of the worst parts) almost serves a purpose. It prevents the real discussions taking place that might actually change the status quo and start redressing balances in society and the economy that are urgently required.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:53 - May 19 with 956 viewsnodge_blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:45 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

Oh absolutely. Starmer is one of the worst dissembling shytehawks around.

So who are you voting for next time?

I think the Liberals should re-introduce their policy of another Brexit ref. Though Im not sure if we'd get allowed back in very quickly anyway.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:55 - May 19 with 939 viewsblue62

I have always been a Blue.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:55 - May 19 with 929 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:26 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

And this is why the perception is there - you always have to counter to try and "win" an argument at all costs - your sabbatical to reflect on your contributions wasn't as effective as most people probably hoped for.

Regardless of your statistics on threads you "started" - it is my perception (and one that I suspect would be shared if it were to be put to a simple vote?) that most of your contributions are on political threads and a huge % arguing the same point over and over with DK. - It used to be constant BLUE v RED - now you both have seemingly (or at least claimed to have) moved away from your "teams" but continue to trade the same lines relentlessly

For clarity - this is my OPINION, based on my PERCEPTION - I'm NOT claiming it as a FACT

As you are a Col Who fan, I’m not surprised that yiu haven’t taken much notice of posts about Ipswich.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 10:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:59 - May 19 with 927 viewsPassionNotAnger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:55 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

As you are a Col Who fan, I’m not surprised that yiu haven’t taken much notice of posts about Ipswich.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 10:55]

And in one (badly spelt) sentence you have, yet again, clearly demonstrated your inability to actually consider an alternative/critical view without resorting to childish barbs.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:02 - May 19 with 923 viewspeterleeblue

Tory until 2010.
The imposition of £9k Student fees on my Son (the first year at the new rates) and subsequently my daughter swung me away.
I then decided to never vote for a leader again. I showed some interest in my local MP. I wrote to him on local issues and always received a reply and in some cases prompt action.

With regards Brexit. I took the view that a vote to leave was a move into the unknown. I felt comfortable with the status quo in 2016 and was not prepared to vote for something I knew nothing about. I certainly did not believe the Lies from Farage and Co.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:15 - May 19 with 894 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:02 - May 19 by peterleeblue

Tory until 2010.
The imposition of £9k Student fees on my Son (the first year at the new rates) and subsequently my daughter swung me away.
I then decided to never vote for a leader again. I showed some interest in my local MP. I wrote to him on local issues and always received a reply and in some cases prompt action.

With regards Brexit. I took the view that a vote to leave was a move into the unknown. I felt comfortable with the status quo in 2016 and was not prepared to vote for something I knew nothing about. I certainly did not believe the Lies from Farage and Co.

Thanks - I took a similar view about the Lib Dems for their part in the tuition fee scandal. Unlike the tories they were "on the record" as being against making increases.

Do you follow your MP's voting record? I appreciate that an MP (of whatever hue) that is good at supporting constituents in need will attract some loyalty beyond their party's reputation.

I used to have a deal of respect for Damian Collins the tory MP for Folkestone (I think) - he was a very good (pre-2019) Chairman of the Culture & Sport Select Committee when they did some very good work on Facebook's (etc.) role in political advertising/ communication (Cambridge Analytica etc). Unfortunately when Johnson gained power he (Collins) conveniently abandoned his previous positions to avoid (I suspect) being deselected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024