Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13211 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:15 - May 19 with 1717 viewsmarchy

What about the "revisionist" Labour voters who don't have your lifelong pedigree in voting one way? Do they get to question you on your hipsteresque superiority complex over being "genuine leftie" and your understanding of how such a mindset that ostensibly differentiates and alienates swing voters might ultimately be rather self-defeating in our current political system?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:25 - May 19 with 1693 viewsblue62

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:41 - May 19 by XYZ

I don't claim that they do. The OP is an invitation; not a demand.

I do, however, find it somewhat strange that no-one is willing to come on here and say "Yes, I support the 80-seat majority UK government and what they do" - "They govern in my name" - not one.

Also a bit strange that there's a few that resent my "right" to say/ post that thought.

I did say I have always been a Blue. Maybe you didn't read that post.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:40 - May 19 with 1659 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 16:53 - May 19 by gtsb1966

I voted Conservative, brexit, and love Farage and Piers Morgan. I also hate cheese but love battenburg and Chinese curry is the best. Can I still post on here?

Only concerning battenberg-related subjects I would suggest :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:40 - May 19 with 1656 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:28 - May 19 by Leaky

Roll on the transfer window, perhaps get back to football posts Rather than sh!t ones like this. Now await the abuse.

"I hate political posts" says the person whose avatar is a burning EU flag.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:45 - May 19 with 1652 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:15 - May 19 by marchy

What about the "revisionist" Labour voters who don't have your lifelong pedigree in voting one way? Do they get to question you on your hipsteresque superiority complex over being "genuine leftie" and your understanding of how such a mindset that ostensibly differentiates and alienates swing voters might ultimately be rather self-defeating in our current political system?

That's a fair point. Apart from the bit about me being "hipsteresque", which is (unfortunately) ludicrous.

There's good reasons why I've never stood for elected office.

I was more interested whether anyone was actually "out and proud" to be associated with these tories - but you're right, I've (accidentally) slighted some in the middle ground. My sloppy comment was aimed at a few that I believe are trolling tories.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:50 - May 19 with 1640 viewsSarge

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 16:53 - May 19 by gtsb1966

I voted Conservative, brexit, and love Farage and Piers Morgan. I also hate cheese but love battenburg and Chinese curry is the best. Can I still post on here?

This is probably the most disgusting series of words ever written anywhere.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:56 - May 19 with 1625 viewsjeera

"I also hate cheese but love battenburg and Chinese curry is the best."

There's enough in this sentence alone to make a decent case for you not being allowed out of your front door.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:58 - May 19 with 1621 viewsmarchy

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:45 - May 19 by XYZ

That's a fair point. Apart from the bit about me being "hipsteresque", which is (unfortunately) ludicrous.

There's good reasons why I've never stood for elected office.

I was more interested whether anyone was actually "out and proud" to be associated with these tories - but you're right, I've (accidentally) slighted some in the middle ground. My sloppy comment was aimed at a few that I believe are trolling tories.

Fair play to you.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 18:51 - May 19 with 1555 viewsjas0999

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:25 - May 18 by XYZ

Just wonder whether any of the 30% have the balls to explain themselves and their representatives.

DK comes on and defends his Corbynistic stance - a few "centrist" Labourites do the same - a few tory "centrists" (GB?) chip in - is there no-one willing to support/ defend the policies of the party with an 80-seat majority in the HOC?

Why should they explain themselves just because they have a different opinion to you? Personally, I wouldn’t vote for this lot, but certainly wouldn’t call folk out for doing so. This is why we have a democracy. In my view abusing folk for their political view is unacceptable.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 20:11 - May 19 with 1493 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I thought this would be on 20 pages by now….disappointing!

2019 was a choice of which flavour of bigotry and incompetence you preferred, so it was a pretty low bar.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:02 - May 19 with 1449 viewsjeera

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 18:51 - May 19 by jas0999

Why should they explain themselves just because they have a different opinion to you? Personally, I wouldn’t vote for this lot, but certainly wouldn’t call folk out for doing so. This is why we have a democracy. In my view abusing folk for their political view is unacceptable.

"In my view abusing folk for their political view is unacceptable"

That depends entirely on what those views are doesn't it?

If their political view is a particular group of people should be ethnically cleansed then you don't say, "Oh well, that's how they feel and they're entitled to their views" do we?

Context as always is everything.

No one has to respond to the OP, though I must admit although he and I are more often than not in alignment I did think the thread title was needlessly aggressive/provocatively worded.

He has since qualified that by the look of it.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:07 - May 19 with 1450 viewsBlueForYou

I voted conservative. There really was no choice. Corbyn,Abbott, & co, had disregarded the result of a national referendum whether you like it or not. They obstructed a democratic vote, were a total disgrace & could never be voted for. Parliament was a mess, it should never be like that. Boris rightly deserved to win. Labour have lost the general voter. I have voted for all parties over the years, but the next election I might not vote at all. I need to see some serious credibility from somewhere, there is none at all right now. Labour need to wake up fast. Lib Dem’s are a waste. No way am I voting green either. Both main parties need a huge turnaround in candidates, there simply isn’t anyone to vote for!
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:14 - May 19 with 1438 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:25 - May 19 by blue62

Are you saying you will always vote Tory regardless of other factors?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:22 - May 19 with 1420 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:07 - May 19 by BlueForYou

I voted conservative. There really was no choice. Corbyn,Abbott, & co, had disregarded the result of a national referendum whether you like it or not. They obstructed a democratic vote, were a total disgrace & could never be voted for. Parliament was a mess, it should never be like that. Boris rightly deserved to win. Labour have lost the general voter. I have voted for all parties over the years, but the next election I might not vote at all. I need to see some serious credibility from somewhere, there is none at all right now. Labour need to wake up fast. Lib Dem’s are a waste. No way am I voting green either. Both main parties need a huge turnaround in candidates, there simply isn’t anyone to vote for!

Thank you for your response. Whilst I disagree with a lot of that, I can understand how you reach those conclusions.

Were you aware of Johnson's dishonest (corrupt, let's face it) nature and the tories' russian financial backing before the 2019 election or are these matters that you learned more recently?

Why "no way" would you vote Green? Do you think other parties are serious enough about the climate crisis? Or do you disagree with the science?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:32 - May 19 with 1399 viewsSeablu

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 17:25 - May 19 by blue62

Maybe you need to clarify which bits of the incompetence, bigotry, corruption, xenophobia, poor-baiting etc appeal to you the most.

Unless, of course, it’s the whole package that floats your boat on a sea of undulating pleasure fluid?...
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:34 - May 19 with 1401 viewsjeera

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:22 - May 19 by XYZ

Thank you for your response. Whilst I disagree with a lot of that, I can understand how you reach those conclusions.

Were you aware of Johnson's dishonest (corrupt, let's face it) nature and the tories' russian financial backing before the 2019 election or are these matters that you learned more recently?

Why "no way" would you vote Green? Do you think other parties are serious enough about the climate crisis? Or do you disagree with the science?

Good luck with that.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:59 - May 19 with 1372 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:34 - May 19 by jeera

Good luck with that.

Fair dos to him - he did at least state his position. We each have our own bubbles and confirmation biases.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:58 - May 20 with 1234 viewsBlueForYou

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:22 - May 19 by XYZ

Well, after 65 years on this planet, I can safely say that ALL MP's are dishonest. It depends upon which style of dishonesty you choose! If you think Labour are any better you will have a very rude awakening. I think change in climate issues will come through market pressures, we already see new standards in building code, new products, new ideas, etc. These things take time. Vehicle purchase is a very difficult one (& I'm struggling with this at present) as no-one really knows where the motor industry is heading. I'll probably support an independent local candidate at the next election, if one stands out.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:26 - May 20 with 1212 viewslizzibee

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:07 - May 19 by BlueForYou

Couldn't have said it better myself. I voted Tory the last few times. Labour lost all credibility in my view thanks mainly to Corbyn, but then I wasn't a fan of Blair either. I met Kinnock once and he was a great leader - his politics didn't suit me but he stood by what he believed - as did Thatcher. Now, they all come across as liars and spend too much time bickering with each other than actually doing any decent political work.
I may not vote next time but as with most people, how I vote will depend on how their policies suit my personal life and that of my family.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:29 - May 20 with 1199 viewsblueasfook

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:35 - May 19 by wkj

There is a feature to filter it so you only see football related posts.

Yes but then you'd miss out on some of the interesting non-football posts (occassional I know).

We need three categories "Football", "Non-football" and "Political Squabbling"

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:32 - May 20 with 1199 viewsblue62

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 21:14 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Are you saying you will always vote Tory regardless of other factors?

No, not at all.

I could not stand Corbyn and could not see him being a world leader. Starmer is not much better to be honest.

Like many, I think Boris is a total Bell, but he has had a complete nightmare to sort out, how many leaders have had to deal with Brexit, a world pandemic, and a war in Europe in their three years as PM.

When there is the next election I will think very carefully about who I vote for.

But I will always be blue (unless the town wears red of course).
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:38 - May 20 with 1188 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:26 - May 20 by lizzibee

Couldn't have said it better myself. I voted Tory the last few times. Labour lost all credibility in my view thanks mainly to Corbyn, but then I wasn't a fan of Blair either. I met Kinnock once and he was a great leader - his politics didn't suit me but he stood by what he believed - as did Thatcher. Now, they all come across as liars and spend too much time bickering with each other than actually doing any decent political work.
I may not vote next time but as with most people, how I vote will depend on how their policies suit my personal life and that of my family.

Of course, Kinnock swapped out his previous principles to fight the left.

Corbyn kept his principles when arguably he should have been quicker to compromise. As well as being much more ruthless and not putting his faith in a democratic, member-led Labour Party when the PLP twerps were never going to accept that. In fact they publicly worked against that to plot/brief against the leader and ultimately the members.

Genuine principles, policy ideas and a commitment to democratic representation have been the scarcest commodities in our politics for way, way too long. They should, of course, be the foundation.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:59 - May 20 with 1166 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:26 - May 20 by lizzibee

In which case, here's a question for you: name the policies in the Conservative Govt's 2019 Manifesto which you thought would benefit you and your family so much that you decided to vote for them....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:42 - May 20 with 1119 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:58 - May 20 by BlueForYou

Well, after 65 years on this planet, I can safely say that ALL MP's are dishonest. It depends upon which style of dishonesty you choose! If you think Labour are any better you will have a very rude awakening. I think change in climate issues will come through market pressures, we already see new standards in building code, new products, new ideas, etc. These things take time. Vehicle purchase is a very difficult one (& I'm struggling with this at present) as no-one really knows where the motor industry is heading. I'll probably support an independent local candidate at the next election, if one stands out.

Thanks for the response. I strongly disagree that "all" MPs are dishonest.

I believe that's a fiction created (or recreated) to excuse the gross corruption and dishonesty of those around Johnson. "Normalising" the behavior of Johnson and his government will, I believe, permanently damage the UK.

The impression that "it's OK to break the rules if you can get away with it" will have damaging consequences when it becomes the "norm".

Given the massive reductions in the numbers of police and HMRC staff, "getting away with it" has become pretty straightforward in the UK. Much rests on the general population being "pretty honest" - once you lose that, you can't be sure where the country is going to end up.

Edit: typo.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 12:43]
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:39 - May 20 with 1087 viewslizzibee

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:59 - May 20 by Ewan_Oozami

In which case, here's a question for you: name the policies in the Conservative Govt's 2019 Manifesto which you thought would benefit you and your family so much that you decided to vote for them....

It was the package for me and a dislike of Labour. I would have been financially worse off under labour than conservatives. And then there is the Brexit issue
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024