Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13214 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:32 - May 19 with 1208 viewswaveneyblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:08 - May 19 by blueasfook

What kind of sh1tposting is this?

People have a right to vote for whoever they wish and don't need to justify or apologise for it.

It's the kind that's becoming far too regular on here.

The usual suspects who love a pile on at the first opportunity. Pretty grim really.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:36 - May 19 with 1207 viewsBodger78

Thought this was a football related site ??? may be not after all, what a pity !
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:38 - May 19 with 1199 viewsVic

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:50 - May 18 by XYZ

I have no gun.

Just asking for supporters of our government to out themselves.

It's a bit strange that supporters of an 80-seat majority government should be shy of of defending their choices two-and-a-bit years after marking their cross isn't it?

Just asking for someone with the cojones to defend their choice.

Come on, you know you're out there, you put that Hunt in office.

Come and answer a few questions. I'll be gentle.

I didn’t vote Tory in 2019.

I’m pretty sure many of those who did now regret it. But your post is passive aggressive - and your replies since back that up.

I did vote for Brexit. I wouldn’t if the vote was now and I know what I now know!

But you live and die by your decisions - no one gets everything right. We make mistakes and have to live with them.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:47 - May 19 with 1169 viewslowhouseblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:32 - May 19 by waveneyblue

It's the kind that's becoming far too regular on here.

The usual suspects who love a pile on at the first opportunity. Pretty grim really.

it's the belief that no opinion other than your own can ever be legitimate. it's simplistic morality in which everyone who doesn't hold your views is evil. it's dividing the world up into tribes and getting your sense of identity and self and belonging by constantly policing the boundaries. it's politics as insult. it's all very depressing. i blame social media.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:55 - May 19 with 1151 viewsSitfcB

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:36 - May 19 by Bodger78

Thought this was a football related site ??? may be not after all, what a pity !

Are you new here?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:57 - May 19 with 1137 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:08 - May 19 by blueasfook

People have a right to vote for whoever they wish and don't need to justify or apologise for it.

The bloke has long been a stirrer on here. Tends to get abusive, embarrasses himself and skulks off for a while. Rinse and repeat.

He’s like a Poundland Harry. Without the comedy.

You have to feel sorry for those who bought shares in him recently because he was having a pop at “the right people”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:22 - May 19 with 1091 viewsblueasfook

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:47 - May 19 by lowhouseblue

it's the belief that no opinion other than your own can ever be legitimate. it's simplistic morality in which everyone who doesn't hold your views is evil. it's dividing the world up into tribes and getting your sense of identity and self and belonging by constantly policing the boundaries. it's politics as insult. it's all very depressing. i blame social media.

Agree. It's certainly no benefit to society. Creates divisiveness and radicalises people. Facebook and Twitter especially. Instagram seems to be mostly people posing on beaches, and Tik Tok is teenagers doing silly dances.

Scrap the lot of it.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:41 - May 19 with 1078 viewsgalacticoblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:02 - May 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

A pretty clear indication you are just looking for a row on this post.

I normally vote Lib Dem, (only choice here, (a Labour vote is a waste), but in 2010 I voted Tory, and a couple of times previous to that too, (although not since) I voted remain in 2016, but after much deliberation.

I'm apolitical, I vote for whats right at the time, this staunch Labour or Tory bollocxs does us no favours.

That’s dangerously open minded Cheltenham Blue - considering whether policies are right or wrong for you at the time - and presumably changing votes depending on if policies were delivered or not.
That is pretty out there thinking for some on this forum, careful.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:48 - May 19 with 1064 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:41 - May 19 by galacticoblue

That’s dangerously open minded Cheltenham Blue - considering whether policies are right or wrong for you at the time - and presumably changing votes depending on if policies were delivered or not.
That is pretty out there thinking for some on this forum, careful.

And how well would you say the current Tory party is doing on delivering the things they promised?

For bonus points you shouldn't mention 'getting Brexit done'.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:49 - May 19 with 1062 viewsgalacticoblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:48 - May 19 by footers

And how well would you say the current Tory party is doing on delivering the things they promised?

For bonus points you shouldn't mention 'getting Brexit done'.

Really badly Footers
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:55 - May 19 with 1049 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:49 - May 19 by galacticoblue

Really badly Footers

Excellent. So I guess you won't be voting for them next time :)

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:07 - May 19 with 1024 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:47 - May 19 by lowhouseblue

I think it's not so much social media itself that's the problem - it's the people who've discovered that they can use it for divisive purposes to promote their agendas and the consumers of it accepting (and indeed enjoying) that division but not seeing the agenda behind it.

This is exactly how bad or biased mainstream journalists use the output of social media, they look for the divisions, amplify them to sell their wares, and thus we have a positive feedback loop....many of us know the what the culture wars are about, why they're being pursued, who is pursuing them and how effective they are but just can't do much about it....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:07 - May 19 with 1022 viewspointofblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:49 - May 19 by galacticoblue

Really badly Footers

I don’t know. They promised to be a cluster**** when they elected Johnson as leader and I’d say they were delivering.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:09 - May 19 with 1019 viewsgalacticoblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 08:55 - May 19 by footers

Excellent. So I guess you won't be voting for them next time :)

I might do - just to annoy you 😀
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:13 - May 19 with 1011 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:36 - May 19 by Bodger78

Don't let us stop you from starting a football thread...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:17 - May 19 with 994 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:13 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Don't let us stop you from starting a football thread...

That’s more than XYZ has ever done.

Do we know if he actually supports Ipswich?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:17 - May 19 with 1001 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone voting for the openly corrupt, bigoted and incompetent set of criminals we've got in charge in full knowledge of what they're getting is probably too much of a See You Next Tuesday to bother with nineties like saying sorry anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:19 - May 19 with 1000 viewsgeg1992

I think many people vote for them 'because we always have'. It's quite strange. But I guess some also do because there's no decent alternative. I have no idea who I'd vote for, I don't like the Tories or Labour.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:20 - May 19 with 993 viewsBlueBadger

Whole lotta people on here not actually willing to own their decision to vote for a shower of openly bigoted, corrupt and incompetent criminals.

Quite ironic from voters for the Party of Personal Resonsibility.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:22 - May 19 with 979 viewsJuggsy

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:07 - May 19 by XYZ

I'm looking for a row and you're responding to a post that replies to someone else?

Cool, bro. Chill.

Why are you "apolitical" ? Is that not the same as just "not caring about other people"?

What's wrong with being "political"?

Being political instead of apolitical means you'll blindly follow your party just because it's your party, even if their manifesto is a complete mess.

Nothing wrong with changing your allegiances when that happens - that's actually caring more about other people than cracking the whip for whatever party has been indoctrinated into your life probably through your parents ideologies.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:23 - May 19 with 969 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:17 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

K Mc's watch by XYZ 29 Mar 2022 19:02
Wtf is that?

Does he control the training drones from it?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:27 - May 19 with 948 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:38 - May 19 by Vic

I didn’t vote Tory in 2019.

I’m pretty sure many of those who did now regret it. But your post is passive aggressive - and your replies since back that up.

I did vote for Brexit. I wouldn’t if the vote was now and I know what I now know!

But you live and die by your decisions - no one gets everything right. We make mistakes and have to live with them.

The sad thing about Brexit is that it was possible to know what you know now then. If you get my drift. We knew then it was a project being sold on lies and what they were claiming wasn't possible (e.g. hard Brexit but with unfettered access to the SM, a mistaken view we were bigger than the EU and could bully them, etc. - it was all pie in the sky stuff).

Ah well, too late to worry about all of that now I suppose.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:31 - May 19 with 935 viewsBodger78

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:55 - May 19 by SitfcB

Are you new here?

No been a follower of TWTD since it started,but rarely comment on here but why do we have to have political posts on here,plenty of other sites where you can view items like this, so why oh why does this one not stick to ITFC matters !
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:33 - May 19 with 928 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:17 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

More than your buddy lowhouse ever has.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:35 - May 19 with 924 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 09:31 - May 19 by Bodger78

No been a follower of TWTD since it started,but rarely comment on here but why do we have to have political posts on here,plenty of other sites where you can view items like this, so why oh why does this one not stick to ITFC matters !

That's your second ever post.

There is a 'football' tab at the top of the forum.

Happy to help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024