Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13215 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:56 - May 19 with 1370 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:49 - May 19 by XYZ

That's more damning of "them" than anything I've said in this thread.

I'm not defending their views.

IF that "them" was a hint about my voting, you can look back and see I voted Labour. Genuinely can't remember if i've ever voted Tory. If I have it wasn't in the last decade at least.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:57 - May 19 with 1370 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:53 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. Don't you jut hate it when somebody engages in a rinse/repeat/insult cycle with DK!

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads by PassionNotAnger 8 Sep 2021 17:45
If it would stop you banging on continuously about how poor the opposition party is it will be a price well worth paying

Labour with 9 point opinion poll lead by PassionNotAnger 14 Dec 2021 10:19
It's probably because you are a one-record Juke box continually playing the same tune on repeat and not capable of changing track.

It's dull repetitive and reinforces the perception of the Cult of Corbyn.

Corbyn was unelectable for a variety of reasons - some outside of his control (media agenda etc) but the person he was/is most definitely was a contributing factor.

This is a pretty decent skewering of UK politics and its coverage by PassionNotAnger 5 Feb 2022 12:26
Seriously, for a person with a reasonable grasp of language and someone that comes across with a reasonable level of intelligence you have a spectacular lack of self awareness and inability to genuinely consider alternative views to your own

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 31 Jan 2022 17:36
Another rule of thumb is if anyone credits Starmer with anything positive you’ll be along to discredit it quicker than you can reach a box of tissues whilst watching a compilation of Jezza’s best bits.

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 10:50
Yes - just like this thread which was praising Starmer for his speech but you've come in at a different angle and decided to criticise a publication based on how they treated your idol Corbyn.

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 11:07
The thread was about Starmer you numpty - his name was even in the title - it's hardly me trying to make it about him was it??? - You were trying to take it off tangent as there was a few people praising him that is clearly something you aren't comfortable with

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 11:34
If making a fool of yourself is a competition then I'll bow out now and leave it to you - you're a gold medal certainty. You'll also break you're own world (broken) record I'm sure.

Im affraid I am going to have to fail you on this post. Whilst you've shown an eagerness to do a little bit of self directed research you failed to provide adequate references. Please refer to https://www.citethemrightonline.com/ for future assignments.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:02 - May 19 with 1353 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:56 - May 19 by J2BLUE

I'm not defending their views.

IF that "them" was a hint about my voting, you can look back and see I voted Labour. Genuinely can't remember if i've ever voted Tory. If I have it wasn't in the last decade at least.

"Them" was a reference to your use of "They" in the post I was responding to - i.e. your reference to the tory voters I've invited to comment.

It was not a reference to your voting record. You are, in my experience, willing to openly state your views and to justify/ defend them.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:39 - May 19 with 1284 viewsitfcjoe

I didn't, but people who don't really follow politics and see themselves as broadly conservative (i.e. less state intervention, lower taxes, tougher on crime, etc) probably assume that the Conservative party are still would govern in a conservative style.

And for those who do see themselves as conservative, there was no real option with Corbyn's Labour party at the time.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:44 - May 19 with 1261 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:39 - May 19 by itfcjoe

I didn't, but people who don't really follow politics and see themselves as broadly conservative (i.e. less state intervention, lower taxes, tougher on crime, etc) probably assume that the Conservative party are still would govern in a conservative style.

And for those who do see themselves as conservative, there was no real option with Corbyn's Labour party at the time.

Abstaining?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:51 - May 19 with 1243 viewsjeera

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:44 - May 19 by footers

Abstaining?

Or helping to bring other parties into the fold.

Which is what needs to happen anyway.

I hate this Celtic/Rangers arrangement we have going on. Not much is going to change with so little outside pressure on the main parties.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:55 - May 19 with 1224 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:51 - May 19 by jeera

Or helping to bring other parties into the fold.

Which is what needs to happen anyway.

I hate this Celtic/Rangers arrangement we have going on. Not much is going to change with so little outside pressure on the main parties.

There is a problem on social media where people dig up MPs voting records (especially when they are in Govt and have to vote with it) and think that if you support or vote for a party you have to agree with every part of it.

Everyone has reasons for where they vote, I have voted for Labour in the last few elections and would consider myself now a Labour voter - but there are a number of their policies and views I think are absolutely mental but their overall package is more in line with my world view than the Conservative party is.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:58 - May 19 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:55 - May 19 by itfcjoe

There is a problem on social media where people dig up MPs voting records (especially when they are in Govt and have to vote with it) and think that if you support or vote for a party you have to agree with every part of it.

Everyone has reasons for where they vote, I have voted for Labour in the last few elections and would consider myself now a Labour voter - but there are a number of their policies and views I think are absolutely mental but their overall package is more in line with my world view than the Conservative party is.

Rory Stewart was talking about this constant "voting record" stuff the other day.

As he said, if you genuinely want to make real change whilst in Parliament then you are going to have to take a party whip.

If you rebel then it's a once or twice in a lifetime decision and it will probably cost you any chance of being in a position to make change and your constituency will be punished behind the scenes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:00 - May 19 with 1204 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:58 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart was talking about this constant "voting record" stuff the other day.

As he said, if you genuinely want to make real change whilst in Parliament then you are going to have to take a party whip.

If you rebel then it's a once or twice in a lifetime decision and it will probably cost you any chance of being in a position to make change and your constituency will be punished behind the scenes.

Absolutely - and that's what makes FPTP so insidious...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:01 - May 19 with 1202 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:58 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Was listening to something with Neil Kinnock the other day and he was saying if you want to change anything then you have to compromise as easily as you breathe

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:03 - May 19 with 1198 viewsjeera

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:55 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Well you're certainly right about no party is ever going to completely align with one's beliefs.

I still don't understand how an incumbent government can hold such powers over the nation to be honest, as in can sit in power for just a few years and do untold damage and spending fortunes that can never be recovered etc.

On issues that affect the nation's future there should be cross party agreement but how that would happen I've no idea.

I know we have the HofL but given the various influences involved and how far power reaches into every fold it doesn't seem to be the progressive answer either.

Social structure: schooling, healthcare...should be a matter of careful consideration of all persuasions and all angles.

It's insane a group of people can be permitted to make such massive decisions without consent from the many, whoever they may be.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:34 - May 19 with 1140 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:01 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Was listening to something with Neil Kinnock the other day and he was saying if you want to change anything then you have to compromise as easily as you breathe

You should give 'The Rest Is Politics' podcast a listen. It's Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell.

A centreist dad like you would find a lot to agree with.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:38 - May 19 with 1155 viewsBlueNomad

I will never understand why so many people vote for a party that throws up some of the leaders that they do or has a philosophy which seems to ignore the needs of part of the population. Many of them will never understand why I vote the way I do. Trying to drag those whose views you oppose in front of your kangaroo court of TWTD opinion seems needless. Leave them to look at themselves in the mirror or volunteer something on here if they choose to.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:40 - May 19 with 1144 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:34 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

You should give 'The Rest Is Politics' podcast a listen. It's Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell.

A centreist dad like you would find a lot to agree with.

Been listening since the first episode of course.....!

Politics wise I also like the new Slow Politics with Matt D'Ancona, The Political Party with Matt Forde and Steve Richards Rock and Roll Politics

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:45 - May 19 with 1109 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:40 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Been listening since the first episode of course.....!

Politics wise I also like the new Slow Politics with Matt D'Ancona, The Political Party with Matt Forde and Steve Richards Rock and Roll Politics

You are the ultimate centreist dad

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:47 - May 19 with 1122 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:45 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

You are the ultimate centreist dad

I don't understand why it is seen as a bad thing!

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:49 - May 19 with 1116 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:47 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Are you new here? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:00 - May 19 with 1063 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 14:47 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Me neither.

Iron Lion Zion

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:25 - May 19 with 1028 viewsgalacticoblue

It definitely shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:43 - May 19 with 1001 viewsrgp1

Never voted Tory but have voted UKIP, Brexit and Labour
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:49 - May 19 with 984 viewsKropotkin123

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 13:44 - May 19 by footers

Abstaining?

I abstained in a Labour safe seat, which ended with a massive labour majority.

I'd vote for one of the main two parties if they made votes equal or took actions to stop people buying power through "donations".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:59 - May 19 with 973 viewsnoggin

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:08 - May 19 by blueasfook

What kind of sh1tposting is this?

People have a right to vote for whoever they wish and don't need to justify or apologise for it.

Tell us you voted tory without actually telling us you voted tory.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 16:15 - May 19 with 933 viewsLeaky

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:58 - May 19 by SitfcB

Feel free to start a football thread and remember that there’s a football only tab!

No sh!t, a football tab, on a football forum. there will be an ITFC tab on a political forum next
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 16:29 - May 19 with 902 viewsHARRY10

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 15:00 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Me neither.

Good for you

and well done for opposing the NHS, the Equalities Act, minimum wage

more people should be grateful to their betters ... and the crumbs that fall from their table

and red wall Tories will be grateful for leaving the EU, which means that they are not going to be taxed on their offshore accounts, either
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 16:53 - May 19 with 871 viewsgtsb1966

I voted Conservative, brexit, and love Farage and Piers Morgan. I also hate cheese but love battenburg and Chinese curry is the best. Can I still post on here?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024