Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 13213 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:18 - May 19 with 1389 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:26 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

And this is why the perception is there - you always have to counter to try and "win" an argument at all costs - your sabbatical to reflect on your contributions wasn't as effective as most people probably hoped for.

Regardless of your statistics on threads you "started" - it is my perception (and one that I suspect would be shared if it were to be put to a simple vote?) that most of your contributions are on political threads and a huge % arguing the same point over and over with DK. - It used to be constant BLUE v RED - now you both have seemingly (or at least claimed to have) moved away from your "teams" but continue to trade the same lines relentlessly

For clarity - this is my OPINION, based on my PERCEPTION - I'm NOT claiming it as a FACT

Steady on mate, leave some for the rest of us

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:22 - May 19 with 1372 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:18 - May 19 by wkj

Steady on mate, leave some for the rest of us

You are a liar and a sh1t stirrer.

If this continues I shall report you to outside bodies that deal with such matters.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:24 - May 19 with 1367 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:22 - May 19 by footers

You are a liar and a sh1t stirrer.

If this continues I shall report you to outside bodies that deal with such matters.

Bang on time, here come the usual suspects. Predictable.

I'll leave this here
[Post edited 19 May 2022 11:24]

Crybaby

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:28 - May 19 with 1355 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:15 - May 19 by XYZ

Thanks - I took a similar view about the Lib Dems for their part in the tuition fee scandal. Unlike the tories they were "on the record" as being against making increases.

Do you follow your MP's voting record? I appreciate that an MP (of whatever hue) that is good at supporting constituents in need will attract some loyalty beyond their party's reputation.

I used to have a deal of respect for Damian Collins the tory MP for Folkestone (I think) - he was a very good (pre-2019) Chairman of the Culture & Sport Select Committee when they did some very good work on Facebook's (etc.) role in political advertising/ communication (Cambridge Analytica etc). Unfortunately when Johnson gained power he (Collins) conveniently abandoned his previous positions to avoid (I suspect) being deselected.

I live in Labour Heartland.
I moved here in 1994 and my in laws tell me about the Mining era and the devastation that the closure of the industry in this area caused. The effects of which are still being recovered from.
My MP Graeme Morris is not a career politician in that he is very much a back bencher and in it for the right reasons.
Its a shame that the Blair era did not see significant investment into area's like mine. However like the Red wall seats now blue it will be the swing seats that got the investment at the time in a bid to remain in power at the time.
My MP is open on his social media pages with his voting.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:28 - May 19 with 1353 viewsLeaky

Roll on the transfer window, perhaps get back to football posts Rather than sh!t ones like this. Now await the abuse.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:33 - May 19 with 1330 viewsEwan_Oozami

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:28 - May 19 by Leaky

Roll on the transfer window, perhaps get back to football posts Rather than sh!t ones like this. Now await the abuse.

The football posts are under the tab named "Football"....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:33 - May 19 with 1330 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:28 - May 19 by Leaky

Man up you soft tart, you love a bit of politics and you know it

Crybaby

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:46 - May 19 with 1289 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 10:26 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

And this is why the perception is there - you always have to counter to try and "win" an argument at all costs - your sabbatical to reflect on your contributions wasn't as effective as most people probably hoped for.

Regardless of your statistics on threads you "started" - it is my perception (and one that I suspect would be shared if it were to be put to a simple vote?) that most of your contributions are on political threads and a huge % arguing the same point over and over with DK. - It used to be constant BLUE v RED - now you both have seemingly (or at least claimed to have) moved away from your "teams" but continue to trade the same lines relentlessly

For clarity - this is my OPINION, based on my PERCEPTION - I'm NOT claiming it as a FACT

You’re aware of the ignore feature, right? You’re not forced to read his posts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:50 - May 19 with 1276 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:33 - May 19 by wkj

Man up you soft tart, you love a bit of politics and you know it

How was the Bakewell yesterday? Enough almonds for your liking?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:56 - May 19 with 1262 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:50 - May 19 by footers

How was the Bakewell yesterday? Enough almonds for your liking?

Lovely stuff dear footers, first time I had one served warm iirc. It was as if my tummy was playing God Save the Queen with a follow-through of pomp and circumstance.

Still reeling about The Great British public stealing the Macho Man Randy Savage's entrance music - but you know how it is... wrestling is a fraternity, and the boys will work their butts off for you as long as you respect them and don’t lie. You can’t let anyone walk all over you, or everybody will walk all over you.

I used to hate old-timers who didn’t praise the younger wrestlers, but you’ve got to pass the torch sometime. If you’re old, that torch gets too heavy for you and you can’t carry it, so it won’t do you any good.

I guess i'm just not ready to take off my boots at this point. It isn’t anything but an attitude or direction the TWTD was going in. They proved to be 100% correct. They had a vision.

There’s an airplane going by, and I’m not on it!

Crybaby

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:58 - May 19 with 1259 viewsSitfcB

Feel free to start a football thread and remember that there’s a football only tab!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:08 - May 19 with 1236 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:56 - May 19 by wkj

Lovely stuff dear footers, first time I had one served warm iirc. It was as if my tummy was playing God Save the Queen with a follow-through of pomp and circumstance.

Still reeling about The Great British public stealing the Macho Man Randy Savage's entrance music - but you know how it is... wrestling is a fraternity, and the boys will work their butts off for you as long as you respect them and don’t lie. You can’t let anyone walk all over you, or everybody will walk all over you.

I used to hate old-timers who didn’t praise the younger wrestlers, but you’ve got to pass the torch sometime. If you’re old, that torch gets too heavy for you and you can’t carry it, so it won’t do you any good.

I guess i'm just not ready to take off my boots at this point. It isn’t anything but an attitude or direction the TWTD was going in. They proved to be 100% correct. They had a vision.

There’s an airplane going by, and I’m not on it!

It's jealousy that killed the Mach in the end. Poor old Miss Elizabeth couldn't even leave the house without him going bonkers. Probably wise though. Would you leave her alone with Ric Flair? I think not.

Glad to hear the pudding was nice. Will have to get out that way soon and sample it for myself.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:09 - May 19 with 1230 viewsfooters

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:33 - May 19 by Ewan_Oozami

The football posts are under the tab named "Football"....

Sounds a bit complicated to me...

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:11 - May 19 with 1221 viewswkj

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:08 - May 19 by footers

It's jealousy that killed the Mach in the end. Poor old Miss Elizabeth couldn't even leave the house without him going bonkers. Probably wise though. Would you leave her alone with Ric Flair? I think not.

Glad to hear the pudding was nice. Will have to get out that way soon and sample it for myself.

Depending on how things go, I am more than up for a camping getaway next summer if you fancy it. We could meet hoppy in the black labrador and kill 2 birds with one stone if you like. That is if my ginger growler lets me go, poor cat is getting on in years a bit.

Crybaby

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:28 - May 19 with 1196 viewsPassionNotAnger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 11:46 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

You’re aware of the ignore feature, right? You’re not forced to read his posts.

And are you struggling to understand the concept of a forum where people are free to criticise and comment on others posts if they deem it appropriate to do so?

Ignoring a poster who contributes so frequently on threads I'm interested in would be pointless and I don't only want to read opinions that agree with my standpoint, I'd just rather see more balance/consideration from all rather than rinse/repeat/insult cycle GB and DK seem to engage in all the time.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:32 - May 19 with 1187 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:25 - May 18 by XYZ

Just wonder whether any of the 30% have the balls to explain themselves and their representatives.

DK comes on and defends his Corbynistic stance - a few "centrist" Labourites do the same - a few tory "centrists" (GB?) chip in - is there no-one willing to support/ defend the policies of the party with an 80-seat majority in the HOC?

No one owes you an explanation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:34 - May 19 with 1184 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:28 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

And are you struggling to understand the concept of a forum where people are free to criticise and comment on others posts if they deem it appropriate to do so?

Ignoring a poster who contributes so frequently on threads I'm interested in would be pointless and I don't only want to read opinions that agree with my standpoint, I'd just rather see more balance/consideration from all rather than rinse/repeat/insult cycle GB and DK seem to engage in all the time.

The ignore feature is of course a last resort. It’s just that you seemed oddly angered by GB’s posting history, even when presented by facts that he posts plenty about football and not just politics. Not that there needs to be a defence of that given that the board has long been a lot more than just football discussion (and is all the better for it).

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:37 - May 19 with 1175 viewsHARRY10

" faith in politics would be shaken irreparably had the political elite tried to overrule the referendum result".

And there you have it in a nutshell, a distortion of the truth (a lie) not only swallowed, but then regurgitated. One, peddled in the same way the claim that Corbyn was a Czech spy. Something to be believed when there is no other evidence to back your claim

Who were this supposed 'elite' ?

A creation of the Leavers, as from what I saw it was the millionaires with good reason to want to avoid paying tax who backed leave. Or was it a case of those who are not thick, being portraying as some kind of elite which excuses brexiteers ignorance. I am not sure how half the country amounts to an elite.

Another LIE was the talk of 'over turning the vote'. That was never possible, or intended. However, it was always an advisory vote. With the advice being acting upon by Parliament - the legislative.

What was attempted to be over turned, was the lawful democratic process, by the Leave side. Blocking the sovereignty of Parliament, which required the law to rule against (remember how that played out), and then the closing down of Parliament.

As said by Goebbels, keep repeating a lie long enough and it will be believed. As, Germany was not beaten in 1918, it was 'stabbed in the back'. Look at the same country a couple of decades later. Absolute power replacing an elected legislative. Not closing it down, but burning it down.

The parallels are a bit too close, and it was not those responsible left to clear up the mess. Maybe the EU will come up with some kind of Marshall plan to pull the UK out of it'self imposed isolation.

So don't expect any reasoned argument from those people, righties, any more than those believing in spiritualism, speaking to the dead etc.

You just have to wonder what they are capable of accepting in justifying their 'beliefs'.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:39 - May 19 with 1173 viewsmonytowbray

Just to understand this.

So some people who continually argue about non-Football things on here (literal case: politics) are now using football:politics post ratios to criticise who shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion or post as they please on here, whilst also arguing people have the right to vote for who they want without criticism.

Is it no wonder the main posters making this point are ever so keen to brush over the fact they’ve supported the shambles that got us here for far longer than anyone with a shred of decency would, therefore would benefit from closing down this thread to save face.

Got it.

We see you, TWTD never forgets, POLITICAL POINT SCORING, MCWB, DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS OF A WOMEN, ETC. Disingenuous.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 12:41]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:41 - May 19 with 1168 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:32 - May 19 by J2BLUE

I don't claim that they do. The OP is an invitation; not a demand.

I do, however, find it somewhat strange that no-one is willing to come on here and say "Yes, I support the 80-seat majority UK government and what they do" - "They govern in my name" - not one.

Also a bit strange that there's a few that resent my "right" to say/ post that thought.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:44 - May 19 with 1156 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:41 - May 19 by XYZ

I don't claim that they do. The OP is an invitation; not a demand.

I do, however, find it somewhat strange that no-one is willing to come on here and say "Yes, I support the 80-seat majority UK government and what they do" - "They govern in my name" - not one.

Also a bit strange that there's a few that resent my "right" to say/ post that thought.

Even Tory voters are not stupid enough to walk into this obvious trap.

They admit it, everyone jumps on them and then bring it up on every thread forevermore.

Not surprising they haven't taken your generous invitation.

Truly impaired.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:45 - May 19 with 1146 viewsmonytowbray

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:32 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Yet you demanded earlier this week I provide my actions or lifestyle choices in combatting a dying planet/corrupt system.

Dunno who’s upset you this week or if it’s generally being fed up and stressed (aren’t we all) but these snide remarks are low brow by most standards, including my own expectations of your usual input here (which is often better than one liner whatteraboutery).

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:49 - May 19 with 1128 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:44 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Even Tory voters are not stupid enough to walk into this obvious trap.

They admit it, everyone jumps on them and then bring it up on every thread forevermore.

Not surprising they haven't taken your generous invitation.

That's more damning of "them" than anything I've said in this thread.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:53 - May 19 with 1084 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:28 - May 19 by PassionNotAnger

Yeah. Don't you jut hate it when somebody engages in a rinse/repeat/insult cycle with DK!

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads by PassionNotAnger 8 Sep 2021 17:45
If it would stop you banging on continuously about how poor the opposition party is it will be a price well worth paying

Labour with 9 point opinion poll lead by PassionNotAnger 14 Dec 2021 10:19
It's probably because you are a one-record Juke box continually playing the same tune on repeat and not capable of changing track.

It's dull repetitive and reinforces the perception of the Cult of Corbyn.

Corbyn was unelectable for a variety of reasons - some outside of his control (media agenda etc) but the person he was/is most definitely was a contributing factor.

This is a pretty decent skewering of UK politics and its coverage by PassionNotAnger 5 Feb 2022 12:26
Seriously, for a person with a reasonable grasp of language and someone that comes across with a reasonable level of intelligence you have a spectacular lack of self awareness and inability to genuinely consider alternative views to your own

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 31 Jan 2022 17:36
Another rule of thumb is if anyone credits Starmer with anything positive you’ll be along to discredit it quicker than you can reach a box of tissues whilst watching a compilation of Jezza’s best bits.

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 10:50
Yes - just like this thread which was praising Starmer for his speech but you've come in at a different angle and decided to criticise a publication based on how they treated your idol Corbyn.

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 11:07
The thread was about Starmer you numpty - his name was even in the title - it's hardly me trying to make it about him was it??? - You were trying to take it off tangent as there was a few people praising him that is clearly something you aren't comfortable with

Arise Sir Keir by PassionNotAnger 1 Feb 2022 11:34
If making a fool of yourself is a competition then I'll bow out now and leave it to you - you're a gold medal certainty. You'll also break you're own world (broken) record I'm sure.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:53 - May 19 with 1117 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 12:45 - May 19 by monytowbray

Yet you demanded earlier this week I provide my actions or lifestyle choices in combatting a dying planet/corrupt system.

Dunno who’s upset you this week or if it’s generally being fed up and stressed (aren’t we all) but these snide remarks are low brow by most standards, including my own expectations of your usual input here (which is often better than one liner whatteraboutery).

As I said in the thread I was asking what you were doing about organising the general strike. I'm fully aware of what you're doing for the planet.

I would also take issue with 'demanded'. I asked a question. XYZ seems to think that by no one answering him it's proof that all Tory voters are ashamed. The truth is they are just not going to walk into the obvious trap.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024