Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... 12:45 - May 19 with 4511 viewsBloots

....we often see the comment: "if you don't like it you can switch to football only".

This almost entirely applies to people commenting on the relentless political posts on here.

Would it be possible/sensible to add "politics" as a specific section for those that enjoy that type of thing?

At the moment "General" is just too, well, general.

If someone wants to avoid the relentless political posturing and abuse it also means you have to miss all other posts relating to anything other than football.

All other sports, travel, food, Friday poo, Keno perving, Facters reminiscing, etc, etc shouldn't get lost just because of a desire to avoid politics.

Appreciate it's additional work, but over the last year the board has become pretty unusable for any poster that doesn't want to wade through political arguments.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Lots of love Blooters.

X

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:38 - May 19 with 634 viewsXYZ

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:34 - May 19 by Bloots

....the answer is simple:

"Don't click on those posts then!!!"

Sigh.

I don't "click" on them.

They appear in the middle of threads in "Table View" mode.

Sigh, indeed.
Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:38 - May 19 with 635 viewsfooters

Sigh.

There are currently five threads on politics on the front page. And that's what has you upset?

Be a big boy and don't read them.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:39 - May 19 with 627 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sigh.

What posts?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Then don't..... on 13:39 - May 19 with 624 viewsBloots

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:38 - May 19 by XYZ

I don't "click" on them.

They appear in the middle of threads in "Table View" mode.

Sigh, indeed.

.....use table mode.

Simple.

Sigh, sigh.

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:39 - May 19 with 615 viewswkj

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:39 - May 19 by Ewan_Oozami

What posts?

I think he's talking about [redacted] and [redacted]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:41 - May 19 with 609 viewsXYZ

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:38 - May 19 by footers

There are currently five threads on politics on the front page. And that's what has you upset?

Be a big boy and don't read them.

Didn't have him down as such a sensitive soul.
Then don't..... on 13:42 - May 19 with 600 viewsEwan_Oozami

Then don't..... on 13:39 - May 19 by Bloots

.....use table mode.

Simple.

Sigh, sigh.

You mentioned Table mode, now it's really going to kick off.....

Then don't..... on 13:42 - May 19 with 596 viewsXYZ

.....use table mode.

Simple.

Sigh, sigh.

I'd stop digging about there.
Login to get fewer ads

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:42 - May 19 with 596 viewsjeera

Sigh.

To be fair 'they' are saying don't click on those threads, which is a whole lot easier than avoiding individual posts.

But it's hardly a new concept, people have asked in the past about the possibility of a politics only tab.

I think that's when admin requested posters give a clue in the title of the post what the subject is about to make them easier to avoid.

I don't know what it entails to implement such things and still marvel at how any of it exists at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Then don't..... on 13:43 - May 19 with 593 viewsfooters

.....use table mode.

Simple.

Sigh, sigh.

Your fault for using thread mode, innit.

Sweardown.

Imagine how dull their lives must be.... on 13:43 - May 19 with 596 viewsBloots

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:22 - May 19 by textbackup

how has this not got 700 up votes?!

politics makes this board almost unbearable at times

....that they have to log onto a football forum to shout at strangers about politics all day, every day without fail.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 13:44]

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:44 - May 19 with 585 viewsEwan_Oozami

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:42 - May 19 by jeera

To be fair 'they' are saying don't click on those threads, which is a whole lot easier than avoiding individual posts.

But it's hardly a new concept, people have asked in the past about the possibility of a politics only tab.

I think that's when admin requested posters give a clue in the title of the post what the subject is about to make them easier to avoid.

I don't know what it entails to implement such things and still marvel at how any of it exists at all.

Maybe a Ben Elton emoji in the subject line might alert readers?

Imagine hoe dull their lives must be.... on 13:44 - May 19 with 586 viewswkj

Imagine how dull their lives must be.... on 13:43 - May 19 by Bloots

....that they have to log onto a football forum to shout at strangers about politics all day, every day without fail.

Could be worse, we could be calling referees 'retards' on twitter

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Imagine how dull their lives must be.... on 13:47 - May 19 with 569 viewsjeera

Imagine how dull their lives must be.... on 13:43 - May 19 by Bloots

Or to log on and moan about it.

You use thread mode? Ffs.

And therein lies what's wrong with the world.

I appreciate that I'm fighting a losing battle..... on 13:50 - May 19 with 545 viewsBloots

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:42 - May 19 by jeera

....certain posters will turn any post, on any subject, into a political debate.

A politics tab would seem a simple solution that doesn't really hurt anyone, but the nature of those posters personalities is that they even have to argue about it as a solution.

It's quite telling really.

People, what can you do?

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:50 - May 19 with 541 viewsfooters

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:41 - May 19 by XYZ

Didn't have him down as such a sensitive soul.

Twitter top lad though. Bantz, innit.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 with 552 viewsGavTWTD

The worst thing is when people don't use the subject to describe the thread. You then have to click on it to work out whether you want to read it or not. It would also help us financially too because search engines can include it when the general public are searching for things we're talking about.

Our busiest thread was clearly labelled "The Ashes 2017/2018 Thread" and had nearly 250k views. Maybe we're covering the wrong sport...

As for the suggestion, it does create work especially when people complain that a thread is in the wrong section.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:51 - May 19 with 542 viewsBloots

Imagine how dull their lives must be.... on 13:47 - May 19 by jeera

Or to log on and moan about it.

You use thread mode? Ffs.

And therein lies what's wrong with the world.

...I logged on to offer a solution to an issue that a lot of the forum users are having.

The sensitive types have got girly about it.

I appreciate that I'm fighting a losing battle..... on 13:52 - May 19 with 535 viewsjeera

I appreciate that I'm fighting a losing battle..... on 13:50 - May 19 by Bloots

....certain posters will turn any post, on any subject, into a political debate.

A politics tab would seem a simple solution that doesn't really hurt anyone, but the nature of those posters personalities is that they even have to argue about it as a solution.

It's quite telling really.

People, what can you do?

You're a Tory aren't you?

That's what this is really about.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:52 - May 19 with 530 viewsJ2BLUE

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 by GavTWTD

The worst thing is when people don't use the subject to describe the thread. You then have to click on it to work out whether you want to read it or not. It would also help us financially too because search engines can include it when the general public are searching for things we're talking about.

Our busiest thread was clearly labelled "The Ashes 2017/2018 Thread" and had nearly 250k views. Maybe we're covering the wrong sport...

As for the suggestion, it does create work especially when people complain that a thread is in the wrong section.

Help you financially? Screw you Tory!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:54 - May 19 with 529 viewsjeera

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:51 - May 19 by Bloots

...I logged on to offer a solution to an issue that a lot of the forum users are having.

Sexist.

I'm off to have a haircut in a minute so am stressed as she likes to tell me how far my hairline has receded since the last visit.

She's recently stopped leaving me much of a fringe to raise my awareness further I think.

So I have more important things to worry about and am only playing along to kill time.

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:54 - May 19 with 527 viewsfooters

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:51 - May 19 by Bloots

Seems that you did, hun.

Where was all this when GB was doing daily threads on Labour?

Oh yeah, nowhere.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:55 - May 19 with 504 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can we also have a seperate Harry10 section?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 14:01 - May 19 with 492 viewsFixed_It

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:54 - May 19 by jeera

Sexist.

I'm off to have a haircut in a minute so am stressed as she likes to tell me how far my hairline has receded since the last visit.

She's recently stopped leaving me much of a fringe to raise my awareness further I think.

So I have more important things to worry about and am only playing along to kill time.

If you post a pic of said receding hairline Phil can decide whether to invite you on to the follically challenged sub-group where all we talk about is Norwood's transplant, Richard Chaplow's goal and John Wark.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 14:04]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

You could have just typed..... on 14:01 - May 19 with 482 viewsBloots

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 by GavTWTD

...."sod off".

Understood.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024