Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... 12:45 - May 19 with 4512 viewsBloots

....we often see the comment: "if you don't like it you can switch to football only".

This almost entirely applies to people commenting on the relentless political posts on here.

Would it be possible/sensible to add "politics" as a specific section for those that enjoy that type of thing?

At the moment "General" is just too, well, general.

If someone wants to avoid the relentless political posturing and abuse it also means you have to miss all other posts relating to anything other than football.

All other sports, travel, food, Friday poo, Keno perving, Facters reminiscing, etc, etc shouldn't get lost just because of a desire to avoid politics.

Appreciate it's additional work, but over the last year the board has become pretty unusable for any poster that doesn't want to wade through political arguments.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Lots of love Blooters.

X

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:44 - May 19 with 719 viewsfooters

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:30 - May 19 by Bloots

....then ran off for a few days, came back and has just recruited a couple of other bootlickers to take his place.

When things get a bit too hot for him, he just posts about cake for a couple of days, waits for the heat to die down and then starts again.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Internet = serious business.

How was your two or three day flounce, btw? Just couldn't keep away.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 15:46]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:22 - May 19 with 637 viewsleitrimblue

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:30 - May 19 by Bloots

....then ran off for a few days, came back and has just recruited a couple of other bootlickers to take his place.

When things get a bit too hot for him, he just posts about cake for a couple of days, waits for the heat to die down and then starts again.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

There should be a cake only section of the forum. Football-General-Cake. Also, who is this mysterious person?
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:23 - May 19 with 635 viewsLeaky

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:04 - May 19 by MattinLondon

Depends on the interpretation of the word ‘politics’. A thread about Labour or the Tories is quite clearly politics but some subjects aren’t quite as clear cut - are they political or not.

But, nine times out of ten most political threads are quite noticeable due to their titles. If people don’t think they want to read about a certain subject don’t click on to it in the first place. And if someone does accidentally opens up a thread by mistake, click out of it straight away…only takes a few secs.

And no one is forced to wade through political threads anyway.

Some times if bored I'll read political posts, just for a laugh. You get the usual suspects spouting the same crap.
I had an eccles cake.... on 16:25 - May 19 with 627 viewsSitfcB

I had an eccles cake.... on 15:38 - May 19 by Bloots

....the other day.

It was marvelous.

Old bastard.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:26 - May 19 with 624 viewsleitrimblue

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:23 - May 19 by Leaky

Some times if bored I'll read political posts, just for a laugh. You get the usual suspects spouting the same crap.

Perhaps you should comment on some of the political post Leaks. Sure everyone would benefit from your undoubted wisdom
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:43 - May 19 with 612 viewsLeaky

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:26 - May 19 by leitrimblue

Perhaps you should comment on some of the political post Leaks. Sure everyone would benefit from your undoubted wisdom

No thank you, however thanks for the offer
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:43 - May 19 with 613 viewsEwan_Oozami

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 16:23 - May 19 by Leaky

You certainly do....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:46 - May 19 with 599 viewsEwan_Oozami

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:22 - May 19 by leitrimblue

There should be a cake only section of the forum. Football-General-Cake. Also, who is this mysterious person?

Will Battenberg be allowed in the cake section?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:52 - May 19 with 573 viewsleitrimblue

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:46 - May 19 by Ewan_Oozami

Yep, every colour of sponge, however bland an disappointing, they are all welcome.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 16:58]
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 17:52 - May 19 with 523 viewsfactual_blue

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:30 - May 19 by Keno

I think we should all take note of what Gav is saying here and make sure it title our threads properly ....

Something is puzzling me a thread in view is called a thread, whats it called in table view?

Unintelligible.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 17:55 - May 19 with 520 viewsfactual_blue

I refer you to The Gospel According to St Matthew, chapter seven, verse five.

Then don't..... on 18:06 - May 19 with 508 viewsfactual_blue

Then don't..... on 13:43 - May 19 by footers

Your fault for using thread mode, innit.

Sweardown.

Thread mode is for the intellectual cognoscenti, not those who identify as b*tt**b**gers, morrissey lovers, or as being from A Very Easterly Place.

Then don't..... on 18:13 - May 19 with 500 viewsjeera

Then don't..... on 18:06 - May 19 by factual_blue

Thread mode is for the intellectual cognoscenti, not those who identify as b*tt**b**gers, morrissey lovers, or as being from A Very Easterly Place.

You've still not found the button have you?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 18:17 - May 19 with 499 viewsfactual_blue

And as for people who post 'football' stuff in the 'general' section.....

Then don't..... on 18:19 - May 19 with 494 viewsXYZ

Then don't..... on 18:13 - May 19 by jeera

You've still not found the button have you?

Nurse is late with the meds again, poor old sod.
He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 22:22 - May 19 with 426 viewsOldsmoker

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 16:46 - May 19 by Ewan_Oozami

Creating a Cake section is just knitting.
It doesn't address the fundamental issue that all threads containing the word B*ttenberg should be banned.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 22:34 - May 19 with 414 viewsOldsmoker

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 by GavTWTD

The worst thing is when people don't use the subject to describe the thread. You then have to click on it to work out whether you want to read it or not. It would also help us financially too because search engines can include it when the general public are searching for things we're talking about.

Our busiest thread was clearly labelled "The Ashes 2017/2018 Thread" and had nearly 250k views. Maybe we're covering the wrong sport...

As for the suggestion, it does create work especially when people complain that a thread is in the wrong section.

Maybe a new category of "Entertainment" for Salacious Gossip.
I'm sure myself and the TWTD hive mind could take a leaf out of the Daily Mail trash book and post saucy thread headlines about what Kate Middleton got up to in her first year of University.
"Kate in drunken threesome" is probably true if she went drinking with 2 of her mates and had more than 2 beers.
You see, it's the headline that gets the clicks but of course the detail is boring and not worth the read but think of the revenue stream.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024