Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... 12:45 - May 19 with 4510 viewsBloots

....we often see the comment: "if you don't like it you can switch to football only".

This almost entirely applies to people commenting on the relentless political posts on here.

Would it be possible/sensible to add "politics" as a specific section for those that enjoy that type of thing?

At the moment "General" is just too, well, general.

If someone wants to avoid the relentless political posturing and abuse it also means you have to miss all other posts relating to anything other than football.

All other sports, travel, food, Friday poo, Keno perving, Facters reminiscing, etc, etc shouldn't get lost just because of a desire to avoid politics.

Appreciate it's additional work, but over the last year the board has become pretty unusable for any poster that doesn't want to wade through political arguments.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Lots of love Blooters.

X

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

You could have just typed..... on 14:05 - May 19 with 1186 viewsjeera

You could have just typed..... on 14:01 - May 19 by Bloots

...."sod off".

Understood.

See?

If anyone Googles "You could have just typed..."

TWTD will make a few quid.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've become so disillusioned.... on 14:07 - May 19 with 1180 viewsBloots

I appreciate that I'm fighting a losing battle..... on 13:52 - May 19 by jeera

You're a Tory aren't you?

That's what this is really about.

....with UK politics that I haven't voted for any of the major parties for years.

On the rare occasions that I do comment on politics I'd suggest that it's pretty clear I'm not a Tory.

But of course that's not how this place works.

I've become so disillusioned.... on 14:07 - May 19 with 1173 viewsjeera

I've become so disillusioned.... on 14:07 - May 19 by Bloots

....with UK politics that I haven't voted for any of the major parties for years.

On the rare occasions that I do comment on politics I'd suggest that it's pretty clear I'm not a Tory.

But of course that's not how this place works.

I wasn't even being serious.

You've changed man.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:11 - May 19 with 1144 viewsclive_baker

Doesn't sound a bad suggestion to be fair, to have more filters. Can't say it bothers me personally but if it puts people off using the forum then that's not good. Of course it'll rely on people using them properly, sh1t in sh1t out etc. But that's the case currently anyway.

Not that I'm in a position to suggest how to run this place, if I had my way there would be about 5 people left on here thanks to my ban hammer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Apologies.... on 14:11 - May 19 with 1146 viewsBloots

I've become so disillusioned.... on 14:07 - May 19 by jeera

I wasn't even being serious.

You've changed man.

...but yeah, that's what this place has become.

I got some totally unwarranted abuse from a couple of posters on here a while back, because of politics and my lack of involvement in the arguments.

One of them still follows me around trying to stir it up, so yeah I have changed.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:11 - May 19 with 1139 viewshoppy

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 by GavTWTD

The worst thing is when people don't use the subject to describe the thread. You then have to click on it to work out whether you want to read it or not. It would also help us financially too because search engines can include it when the general public are searching for things we're talking about.

Our busiest thread was clearly labelled "The Ashes 2017/2018 Thread" and had nearly 250k views. Maybe we're covering the wrong sport...

As for the suggestion, it does create work especially when people complain that a thread is in the wrong section.

But isn't that what the red cross is there for, if you do open it up and decide it's not one for you, you can instantly see no more of it, rather than having to 'wade through' it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:12 - May 19 with 1135 viewsSouperJim

Personally I feel it's easy to avoid the political threads if they annoy/upset/don't interest you. Seems a bit of a non-issue?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Apologies.... on 14:13 - May 19 with 1127 viewsjeera

Apologies.... on 14:11 - May 19 by Bloots

I got some totally unwarranted abuse from a couple of posters on here a while back, because of politics and my lack of involvement in the arguments.

One of them still follows me around trying to stir it up, so yeah I have changed.

Well you should at least try to throw in one bad bird pun.

For old times sake.

I've always got on fine with you and am not in any rush for that to change.

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies.... on 14:16 - May 19 with 1101 viewshoppy

Apologies.... on 14:13 - May 19 by jeera

Well you should at least try to throw in one bad bird pun.

For old times sake.

I've always got on fine with you and am not in any rush for that to change.

I think it's quite starling that he hasn't done even one. Very surprised.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:19 - May 19 with 1099 viewsGavTWTD

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:11 - May 19 by hoppy

But isn't that what the red cross is there for, if you do open it up and decide it's not one for you, you can instantly see no more of it, rather than having to 'wade through' it?

Well its one way, down to personal choice. Some hate the idea of putting people on ignore and others have 20+. Ignore thread is probably essential on thread view, but less so on table. Titling threads correctly is important to me though, one of my pet hates.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:21 - May 19 with 1080 viewshoppy

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:19 - May 19 by GavTWTD

Well its one way, down to personal choice. Some hate the idea of putting people on ignore and others have 20+. Ignore thread is probably essential on thread view, but less so on table. Titling threads correctly is important to me though, one of my pet hates.

I tend to use ignore thread on the crickety type ones.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:30 - May 19 with 1041 viewsKeno

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:19 - May 19 by GavTWTD

I think we should all take note of what Gav is saying here and make sure it title our threads properly ....

Something is puzzling me a thread in view is called a thread, whats it called in table view?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:35 - May 19 with 1027 viewsEwan_Oozami

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:30 - May 19 by Keno

I think we should all take note of what Gav is saying here and make sure it title our threads properly ....

Something is puzzling me a thread in view is called a thread, whats it called in table view?

It's basically a div list......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:49 - May 19 with 1005 viewschicoazul

That’s all very well Bloots but your lack of enthusiasm for discussing the Colonisation-based legacy of transphobia the LGBTQX people of Eritrea encounter every day in their country, and the intersectionality with queer discourse in this country, is very telling and it makes you basically Hitler you know.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 15:09 - May 19 with 940 viewsGlasgowBlue

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 13:54 - May 19 by footers

Seems that you did, hun.

Where was all this when GB was doing daily threads on Labour?

Oh yeah, nowhere.

Daily? Now that's another one of your porkies isn't it NotMasrcusEvans.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:16 - May 19 with 932 viewsKropotkin123

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:50 - May 19 by GavTWTD

The worst thing is when people don't use the subject to describe the thread. You then have to click on it to work out whether you want to read it or not. It would also help us financially too because search engines can include it when the general public are searching for things we're talking about.

Our busiest thread was clearly labelled "The Ashes 2017/2018 Thread" and had nearly 250k views. Maybe we're covering the wrong sport...

As for the suggestion, it does create work especially when people complain that a thread is in the wrong section.

Thought that would be IPSWICH IPSWICH IPSWICH.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Apologies.... on 15:16 - May 19 with 921 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apologies.... on 14:11 - May 19 by Bloots

You have to wonder what he actually gets from it?

Iron Lion Zion

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:18 - May 19 with 923 viewsGlasgowBlue

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 14:49 - May 19 by chicoazul

That’s all very well Bloots but your lack of enthusiasm for discussing the Colonisation-based legacy of transphobia the LGBTQX people of Eritrea encounter every day in their country, and the intersectionality with queer discourse in this country, is very telling and it makes you basically Hitler you know.

FFS Chico. You can't say 'that makes you basically Hitler you know' on here these days.

Iron Lion Zion

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:19 - May 19 with 922 viewswkj

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:18 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

FFS Chico. You can't say 'that makes you basically Hitler you know' on here these days.

Atta boy, you're learning.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 15:24 - May 19 with 909 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 14:01 - May 19 by Fixed_It

If you post a pic of said receding hairline Phil can decide whether to invite you on to the follically challenged sub-group where all we talk about is Norwood's transplant, Richard Chaplow's goal and John Wark.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 14:04]

Poor Matt Richards. Doesn't even get a fair crack of the whip there!
I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 15:25 - May 19 with 904 viewsfooters

I didn't log on to moan about it..... on 15:09 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

Daily? Now that's another one of your porkies isn't it NotMasrcusEvans.

Doesn't sound kosher to me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:30 - May 19 with 902 viewsBloots

Apologies.... on 15:16 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

You have to wonder what he actually gets from it?

....then ran off for a few days, came back and has just recruited a couple of other bootlickers to take his place.

When things get a bit too hot for him, he just posts about cake for a couple of days, waits for the heat to die down and then starts again.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:34 - May 19 with 888 viewsEwan_Oozami

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:30 - May 19 by Bloots

....then ran off for a few days, came back and has just recruited a couple of other bootlickers to take his place.

When things get a bit too hot for him, he just posts about cake for a couple of days, waits for the heat to die down and then starts again.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Less of the cake dissing if you don't mind.... :-)

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:36 - May 19 with 886 viewsEwan_Oozami

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 15:18 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

They'll throw you in jail...

I had an eccles cake.... on 15:38 - May 19 with 885 viewsBloots

He managed to get his "internet mate" banned..... on 15:34 - May 19 by Ewan_Oozami

Less of the cake dissing if you don't mind.... :-)

....the other day.

It was marvelous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024