Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Once again I am forced to remind you all 13:01 - May 26 with 3340 viewschicoazul

That all political parties in the UK think more or less the same about more or less everything and that all votes for any of them are duplicated votes for the same policies and ideology.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61584546

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 10:52 - May 27 with 911 viewslowhouseblue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:03 - May 26 by chicoazul

The chancellor added: "We should not be ideological about this, we should be pragmatic”

They always say the same thing.

but i thought the tories were fascists???

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 10:55 - May 27 with 907 viewslowhouseblue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 16:28 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Alright, Lowehouse.

pardon?

to be fair it's not quite peak dk since he hasn't yet worked israel in.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:07 - May 27 with 883 viewsLord_Lucan

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 08:16 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness to Koonters I hadn’t seen the details of the package before reading his post so I owe him an apology. Starmer has been outflanked politically by Sunak.

Starmer is a cautious leader. And he’s aware that Labour aren’t trusted because of previous wild, uncosted spending commitments. So he presents what he thinks the public will see as sensible spending increases.

Modest increase for nurses, only slightly better than the Tories derisory offer. A £10 living wage rather than the £15 proposed by Andy McDonald. It’s a cautious strategy that he believes will not frighten off the tory and floating voters who he needs to being over in the election.

However, Sunak has been spending money like a drunken Keynesian his 25% windfall tax for three years has outflanked the Labour offer of a one of 10% increase.

"Sunak has been spending money like a drunken Keynesian"

I'm not sure if you are aware GB but we are in the biggest global crisis in our life time. We are in effect on a war footing

I told you all this would happen 18 months ago! Energy and Ukraine are important but not overwhelming factors

***** Profiteering by shipping companies - this is the number one thing but the media hasn't touched it, it's as if proper journalists have been replaced with namby pamby opinionists who would rather debate whether a women can have a set of cock and balls.

***** Labour shortage due to Covid.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 11:09]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:18 - May 27 with 846 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:07 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not sure if you are aware GB but we are in the biggest global crisis in our life time. We are in effect on a war footing

I told you all this would happen 18 months ago! Energy and Ukraine are important but not overwhelming factors

***** Profiteering by shipping companies - this is the number one thing but the media hasn't touched it, it's as if proper journalists have been replaced with namby pamby opinionists who would rather debate whether a women can have a set of cock and balls.

How much is shipping these days? I know you said before it had gone up something like X8

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:38 - May 27 with 818 viewsLord_Lucan

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:18 - May 27 by chicoazul

How much is shipping these days? I know you said before it had gone up something like X8

Per 40ft HQ container

Hazardous goods was $9,000 - now $35,000

Normal goods was $2,500 - now $10,000 - and that has dropped from $15,000 a few months ago.

Factor those increases to your landed price and it's a helluva lot more than the supposed 10% inflation - and the £ is tanking again against $

It's going to get a lot worse!
[Post edited 27 May 2022 11:39]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:00 - May 27 with 795 viewsDarth_Koont

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 18:12 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

Koonters criticises Starmer for being light on policy.

Starmer announces a flagship policy.

Sunak, under pressure, is forced to steal Starmer's flagship policy.

Koonters accuses Starmer of being outflanked.

Very soon Koonters will criticise Starmer for being light on policy.

The windfall tax was a one-off and insufficient. Still is but that’s how easy it was to outflank.

Pronouns: He/Him

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:05 - May 27 with 782 viewsLord_Lucan

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:18 - May 27 by chicoazul

So - if we are working costs out. As a company we predominantly import hazardous goods - so we are now looking at £400 per cubic metre to get the stuff to our warehouse whereas before we were looking at £100

We are a bit weird though as we deal in weird goods. Let's take a normal non haz product and let's convert the dollar price to sterling as by the time you've paid customs, clearance and inbound freight it will in effect go from $10,000 to £10,000

So - 1 cubic meter freight was £36.23 and is now £144.92. If your 1 cubic metre garden furniture you want to buy was costing the importer £100 FOB it was £136.23 landed but it is now £244.92 landed.

If the importer doubles his price to the retailer and then the retailer doubles their price to the consumer then the retail price including VAT changes from £653.90 to £1,175.61

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:13 - May 27 with 766 viewsEdwardStone

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 10:47 - May 27 by chicoazul

Green Party policies are mainstream.

As evidenced by their substantial presence in Parliament

Hi Caroline
Login to get fewer ads

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:14 - May 27 with 765 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:38 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Per 40ft HQ container

Hazardous goods was $9,000 - now $35,000

Normal goods was $2,500 - now $10,000 - and that has dropped from $15,000 a few months ago.

Factor those increases to your landed price and it's a helluva lot more than the supposed 10% inflation - and the £ is tanking again against $

It's going to get a lot worse!
[Post edited 27 May 2022 11:39]

So in a semi serious note; I should buy the kids’ Xmas presents now..? If I can find a bloody PS5 anywhere that is.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:16 - May 27 with 758 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:05 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

So - if we are working costs out. As a company we predominantly import hazardous goods - so we are now looking at £400 per cubic metre to get the stuff to our warehouse whereas before we were looking at £100

We are a bit weird though as we deal in weird goods. Let's take a normal non haz product and let's convert the dollar price to sterling as by the time you've paid customs, clearance and inbound freight it will in effect go from $10,000 to £10,000

So - 1 cubic meter freight was £36.23 and is now £144.92. If your 1 cubic metre garden furniture you want to buy was costing the importer £100 FOB it was £136.23 landed but it is now £244.92 landed.

If the importer doubles his price to the retailer and then the retailer doubles their price to the consumer then the retail price including VAT changes from £653.90 to £1,175.61

Wow.
To blow my own trumpet once more I said the only thing that will bring this wretched Govt down is inflation but I had no idea it was that bad.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:27 - May 27 with 745 viewsHARRY10

Poor simple Tory Boy, ever desperate to defend his betters, however absurd his postings are shown to be.

IT was Keynesian policies that pulled the US out from the great slump of the 1930's, and were used by Sunak during the pandemic - though we should over look the billions wasted or lost through Tory incompetence/fraud.

Shipping container costs are subject to supply and demand, just as labout is. It would be a foolish importer to restrict the containers used to those that are, say, yellow.

In their infinite stupidity the government has done just that with labour - choosing to block off the about that is now all too apparently needed.

And yep, I agree with LL it is going to get whole lot worse. Much that is out of the UK's control, but much that is a self inflicted wound.

We seem to have a fire brigade with a petrol bowser as it liquid source as a government - maybe even the cap doffers will come to recognise how stupid they appear in trying to defend this serial incompetence

"master doen't know best2 - it would seem
Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:32 - May 27 with 741 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:27 - May 27 by HARRY10

Poor simple Tory Boy, ever desperate to defend his betters, however absurd his postings are shown to be.

IT was Keynesian policies that pulled the US out from the great slump of the 1930's, and were used by Sunak during the pandemic - though we should over look the billions wasted or lost through Tory incompetence/fraud.

Shipping container costs are subject to supply and demand, just as labout is. It would be a foolish importer to restrict the containers used to those that are, say, yellow.

In their infinite stupidity the government has done just that with labour - choosing to block off the about that is now all too apparently needed.

And yep, I agree with LL it is going to get whole lot worse. Much that is out of the UK's control, but much that is a self inflicted wound.

We seem to have a fire brigade with a petrol bowser as it liquid source as a government - maybe even the cap doffers will come to recognise how stupid they appear in trying to defend this serial incompetence

I didn’t say what Sunak has done is right or wrong Harold. Merely that it is what everyone else would have done too.

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:35 - May 27 with 728 viewsitfcjoe

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:16 - May 27 by chicoazul

Wow.
To blow my own trumpet once more I said the only thing that will bring this wretched Govt down is inflation but I had no idea it was that bad.

New building regs coming in on June 16th which mean everything has to be very green, and very well insulated - in the klast 3 months insulation has gone up 14%, 16% and now will be a further 33% in June.

The construction industry is going to collapse because no one will be able to afford to do anything - materials sky high, labour sky high and now specifications to hit regs are massively increased

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:56 - May 27 with 696 viewsLord_Lucan

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:16 - May 27 by chicoazul

Wow.

Whatever.

To be perfectly honest I care little about what government is in power as long as they don't increase my tax liability. I live in the real world and my main focus is on the wellbeing of my family. Of course I desire world peace and freedom for chicks with dicks but I will indulge myself first and foremost with my front door and the eight feckers currently living in it.

You said something recently about people not caring about partygate / beergate / cakegate etc and you were spot on. I genuinely think other nations think we are a load of crackpots. Brexit - Global pandemic - Possible nuclear destruction - piss up at a leaving party and an uneaten birthday cake. Swear to god, some people have too much time on their hands to worry about insignificant sh1t.

Anyhoo I digress

I think the cost of living crisis may bring down the government but the strange thing is that for once it's not of their own making. The crisis is completely global.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 12:57]

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:25 - May 27 with 660 viewschicoazul

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:35 - May 27 by itfcjoe

New building regs coming in on June 16th which mean everything has to be very green, and very well insulated - in the klast 3 months insulation has gone up 14%, 16% and now will be a further 33% in June.

The construction industry is going to collapse because no one will be able to afford to do anything - materials sky high, labour sky high and now specifications to hit regs are massively increased

Look out for them delaying those regulations soon then!

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:32 - May 27 with 652 viewsLord_Lucan

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:35 - May 27 by itfcjoe

It's a pickle isn't it.

"Insulate Britain or I'll obstruct your journey to work and cost you money in the process"

"Sack the government, my extension has now gone over budget"

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:34 - May 27 with 647 viewsGlasgowBlue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 11:07 - May 27 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah. I'm not disagreeing with the reason he is doing it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:36 - May 27 with 640 viewsGlasgowBlue

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:27 - May 27 by HARRY10

It used to be quite funny to point and laugh at you. But now it's just post after post of abuse at other users.

Quite tedious tbh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 15:11 - May 27 with 582 viewsDarth_Koont

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 09:33 - May 27 by tractordownsouth

You’re right that KS is cautious and the Tory windfall tax has outflanked Labour but the general cost of living package is still not the same when you take the tax increase and UC cuts into account.

Similarly, I think the living wage is a false equivalence because it always goes up so for the party to communicate a particular figure (be it £10 or £15) would be a waste of time when it would need to be uplifted in 2023/4 anyway. Put it this way, if the Labour wage offer is lower than the Tories in the next manifesto I’ll happily call it out but when the two plans are compared at the same time, I’ll be highly surprised if that’s the case.

But barely any meaningful distance between the two “offers”, always close enough to be outflanked and on the corporation tax silliness Labour even came across as the worst kind of neoliberal low tax activists.

Some people may say that this is clever politics and trying to manoeuvre the right wing and centrist press favourably (who’d rather nothing redistributive happens anytime soon). But that’s giving them waaay too much credit because this is who the Labour leadership and shadow cabinet really are – status quo tweakers and fudgers who are rewarded for keeping things largely as they are and for smothering any genuine movement for change.

That’s why it doesn’t even really matter that there’s an electoral possibility by offering genuine hope and an escape from this vicious cycle of increased inequality. That just isn’t how they think or what drives them and their ambitions.

It’s effectively Change UK as a national party. That’s why they are the darlings of the liberals who are just as self-satisfied and self-serving as them.

Pronouns: He/Him

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 23:14 - May 27 with 534 viewsBlueBadger

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 12:32 - May 27 by chicoazul

I didn’t say what Sunak has done is right or wrong Harold. Merely that it is what everyone else would have done too.

Most of us would have done it because it's the right thing(or at least, one of the right things) to do, rather than a dead cat was needed to distract from his and his boss's trevails.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 07:48 - May 28 with 474 viewsitfcjoe

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 13:25 - May 27 by chicoazul

Look out for them delaying those regulations soon then!

Too late - they delayed it unnecessarily in 2016 and 2018 and now have run out of time - they go live on 16th June

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 09:43 - May 28 with 419 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Once again I am forced to remind you all on 23:14 - May 27 by BlueBadger

Most of us would have done it because it's the right thing(or at least, one of the right things) to do, rather than a dead cat was needed to distract from his and his boss's trevails.

The dead cat element is the timing surely?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024