Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. 00:08 - Jun 14 with 6482 viewsbluelagos

Wondering if the twtd collective would extend that courtesy to members to the monarchy?

In the unlikely event of my ever meeting the Queen would it be disrepectful to refuse to refer to her as "Your majesty" and instead call her "Lizzy"?

Edited for sh1t grammar

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 15:21]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 18:46 - Jun 16 with 818 viewsChurchman

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 17:25 - Jun 16 by jeera

I don't think you're allowing for the age gap here.

If you look at the threads regarding giving up seats on public transport the majority of us agree we'd readily offer our spot for someone much older so that respect in ingrained in us.

It's not a bad thing and also surely goes with flow of people choosing how they like to be addressed and others respecting that.

If you demand to be called King when you rule the world then the least some of us could hope for is the odd 'mister'.

I admit to sometimes struggling how to address a woman I don't know though. If she's young then it was always miss, if not there could be a panicked whispered "is she married, does she prefer Ms?" So no doubt it can be argued using first names as the norm does away with some old stereotypes.

If I receive an unwanted sales call and they refer to me by first name I'm affronted on two levels, although admittedly one is triggered by the other. You know, how dare you effing call me at all let alone pretend to know me, kind of thing.

Sure, what's wrong with showing a little respect to people you don't know? It is something we used to pride ourselves on and others used to respect about us.

If you visit Japan, or India or many other places these will also be the accepted norms. It would be considered extremely rude to make assumptions on how to address strangers without invitation. I think that initial ritual can be a solid start to meeting someone that's all.

And maybe some of the world's problems would be easier to solves if we all remembered to be more respectful.

It's how relationships work and friendships are formed. I've never liked the ridiculous line that some people use thinking they're being sage-like: "Respect is earned".

No it isn't. Friendship is earned. Respect should be shown in the first place.

Edit: Just to add, I am assuming that context here would be included by default.

[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 17:44]

Thank you for expressing so well what I tried to express so badly. The only thing I’d add is that respect is easily lost. And a bit like trust, when it’s lost that’s an end of it.
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 18:46 - Jun 16 with 823 viewsMJallday

If you ever get to meet mrs queen, Just do this

[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 18:47]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 20:33 - Jun 16 with 785 viewsJ2BLUE

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 18:46 - Jun 16 by Churchman

Thank you for expressing so well what I tried to express so badly. The only thing I’d add is that respect is easily lost. And a bit like trust, when it’s lost that’s an end of it.

You don't owe me any explanation but if you would like to answer the questions I would be interested.

I maintain the point that I would consider it a bullet dodged based on everything you've said.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 21:02 - Jun 16 with 753 viewsRyorry

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 20:33 - Jun 16 by J2BLUE

You don't owe me any explanation but if you would like to answer the questions I would be interested.

I maintain the point that I would consider it a bullet dodged based on everything you've said.

Gav, I think someone may have hacked J2's account.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 22:48 - Jun 16 with 714 viewsChurchman

Well, you got one thing right in that I don’t owe you any explanation on anything. In fact, you will find the answers in my terminally boring posts on this to others, so I’m leaving it there.

You were rude and judgemental towards me without knowing me or anything about me. I wasn’t to you. If you are happy with that, fine.

The odd thing is that I always enjoyed your posts and found them thoughtful and interesting.
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 22:50 - Jun 16 with 703 viewsJ2BLUE

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 22:48 - Jun 16 by Churchman

Well, you got one thing right in that I don’t owe you any explanation on anything. In fact, you will find the answers in my terminally boring posts on this to others, so I’m leaving it there.

You were rude and judgemental towards me without knowing me or anything about me. I wasn’t to you. If you are happy with that, fine.

The odd thing is that I always enjoyed your posts and found them thoughtful and interesting.

Fair enough.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:17 - Jun 16 with 682 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 22:36 - Jun 15 by Churchman

As an interviewee, I never used a first name and even if invited to I avoided doing so if at all possible.

It’s not about age, it’s about first impressions and perceptions. If you start an interview right and I mean by that how you dress in the morning, food, timekeeping, prep etc, it does no harm.

Being interviewed is hard enough, but some of the basics like how you greet somebody, how you sit, where you put your notes, if allowed, whether you take the offer of some water, eye contact are easy to do. With nerves, pausing before answering, understanding the job vacancy advert, understanding your own application, using key words, anticipating questions and working out if it’s a panel whose who is harder but all part of it.

Interviewing for a job is a game, but if you want that job, it’s one you have to play and you have to play it by the interviewers’ rules. If you don’t like the look of them and their rules, it’s probably not the job for you. Job interviews kind of work both ways in that sense.

The processes and requirements over my career of course were very different, but the basics were always the same. This is just my view based on having experienced both sides of it more times than I care to remember and in my last years, doing a little mentoring.

Fair enough. I'm sure you're largely right and that there are many people who think your way. I've interviewed many people and, as part of wanting to create a welcoming, collaborative interview process/experience, I wouldn't blink at them addressing me by my first name, let alone rig the scoring to ensure they didn't get the job. That to me feels really outdated and not the way I'd want to think recruitment should be.

Having said that, I don't really have a horse in this race - I think it is interesting how people whose opinions I respect can be completely contrasting on this.
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:33 - Jun 16 with 672 viewsjeera

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:17 - Jun 16 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Fair enough. I'm sure you're largely right and that there are many people who think your way. I've interviewed many people and, as part of wanting to create a welcoming, collaborative interview process/experience, I wouldn't blink at them addressing me by my first name, let alone rig the scoring to ensure they didn't get the job. That to me feels really outdated and not the way I'd want to think recruitment should be.

Having said that, I don't really have a horse in this race - I think it is interesting how people whose opinions I respect can be completely contrasting on this.

As you're up there as one of my favourite posters I shall waive my usual expectation on bowing if we ever meet in person.

Sigh. The things I do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:52 - Jun 16 with 666 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:33 - Jun 16 by jeera

As you're up there as one of my favourite posters I shall waive my usual expectation on bowing if we ever meet in person.

Sigh. The things I do.

And that is why you, Jeera, are e gentleman.

Sorry, I meant Mr Eera.
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:56 - Jun 16 with 657 viewsjeera

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:52 - Jun 16 by DropCliffsNotBombs

And that is why you, Jeera, are e gentleman.

Sorry, I meant Mr Eera.

Dolly on the other hand will have to use my full title.

And buy tickets.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:03 - Jun 17 with 650 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 17:25 - Jun 16 by jeera

I don't think you're allowing for the age gap here.

If you look at the threads regarding giving up seats on public transport the majority of us agree we'd readily offer our spot for someone much older so that respect in ingrained in us.

It's not a bad thing and also surely goes with flow of people choosing how they like to be addressed and others respecting that.

If you demand to be called King when you rule the world then the least some of us could hope for is the odd 'mister'.

I admit to sometimes struggling how to address a woman I don't know though. If she's young then it was always miss, if not there could be a panicked whispered "is she married, does she prefer Ms?" So no doubt it can be argued using first names as the norm does away with some old stereotypes.

If I receive an unwanted sales call and they refer to me by first name I'm affronted on two levels, although admittedly one is triggered by the other. You know, how dare you effing call me at all let alone pretend to know me, kind of thing.

Sure, what's wrong with showing a little respect to people you don't know? It is something we used to pride ourselves on and others used to respect about us.

If you visit Japan, or India or many other places these will also be the accepted norms. It would be considered extremely rude to make assumptions on how to address strangers without invitation. I think that initial ritual can be a solid start to meeting someone that's all.

And maybe some of the world's problems would be easier to solves if we all remembered to be more respectful.

It's how relationships work and friendships are formed. I've never liked the ridiculous line that some people use thinking they're being sage-like: "Respect is earned".

No it isn't. Friendship is earned. Respect should be shown in the first place.

Edit: Just to add, I am assuming that context here would be included by default.

[Post edited 16 Jun 2022 17:44]

Sorry but you're talking nonsense fella. Why is a surname more "respectful" than a first name? It can only be conditioning on your part.

As I mentioned earlier, I find salesmen calling me Mr. Surname far more slimy/dodgy. Anyone cold-calling me isn't great, but I don't put any extra weight on if they used my first or second name.

You kind of prove you've got it wrong in the middle of this post - the fact that you have a panicked situation where you don't know what to say. Respectfulness isn't a panicked whisper!

Respect is shown in actions, deeds, intent and certainly what you say. But for me, first or second name isn't one of those. Being nice and respectful in intent is far more important. Someone can call me "mush" - or "popsicle" - if they do it in a friendly way.

I see a lack of using my surname in the same way as I view the lack of a tie. I can see why people, of a certain era, want and expect those things. But, frankly, it's 2022 and there's bigger things to worry about.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:06 - Jun 17 with 644 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. I wouldn't want to work for Churchman.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:07 - Jun 17 with 646 viewsjeera

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:03 - Jun 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Sorry but you're talking nonsense fella. Why is a surname more "respectful" than a first name? It can only be conditioning on your part.

As I mentioned earlier, I find salesmen calling me Mr. Surname far more slimy/dodgy. Anyone cold-calling me isn't great, but I don't put any extra weight on if they used my first or second name.

You kind of prove you've got it wrong in the middle of this post - the fact that you have a panicked situation where you don't know what to say. Respectfulness isn't a panicked whisper!

Respect is shown in actions, deeds, intent and certainly what you say. But for me, first or second name isn't one of those. Being nice and respectful in intent is far more important. Someone can call me "mush" - or "popsicle" - if they do it in a friendly way.

I see a lack of using my surname in the same way as I view the lack of a tie. I can see why people, of a certain era, want and expect those things. But, frankly, it's 2022 and there's bigger things to worry about.

Whoa.

Disagree all you like buddy. But disagree respectfully.

You wouldn't tell me I was talking nonsense if we having a friendly chat over a beer so leave the insults out. We're supposed to be mates.

I even mentioned you making a pally joke just now. Be nice.

That's as far as I got in your post. Shan't bother with the rest.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:12 - Jun 17 with 641 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 21:02 - Jun 16 by Ryorry

Gav, I think someone may have hacked J2's account.

This is the thing. You believe this is a great place to share views and are happy to engage with people - who share your views. Indeed, you've been happy to engage with me on many occasions. But when they differ, you go off on one, downarrow, cry abuse (delete as applicable). Wake up to yourself. You've downarrowed me in this thread for merely having an opinion. If it agreed with yours you'd have uparrowed it.

I love you Ryorry, but you are a funny one. Respect other people's views and don't take everything so personal. Your 38 minute rant at J2 proves the point. What a waste of time.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:16 - Jun 17 with 636 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:07 - Jun 17 by jeera

Whoa.

Disagree all you like buddy. But disagree respectfully.

You wouldn't tell me I was talking nonsense if we having a friendly chat over a beer so leave the insults out. We're supposed to be mates.

I even mentioned you making a pally joke just now. Be nice.

That's as far as I got in your post. Shan't bother with the rest.

I would happily tell you you're talking nonsense (fella) as I do my mates when they're talking nonsense (fellas).

That's not disrespectful, that's cheeky chappy with a wink and a nod.

You should read on, there was many a wise word amongst the less wise ones.

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:23 - Jun 17 with 632 viewsChurchman

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 23:17 - Jun 16 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Yep, it’s all about opinions. However I think you are missing context a little bit. Probably my wording and the perils of a message board. If somebody addressed me in a way I didn’t like through nerves I’d know it and the following hour would prove or disprove any initial misgivings. If they were petrified and did rabbit in headlights, which happened, the objective was to relax and open them up.

However, if it was somebody up for a more senior job, my expectations and how they’d prepared would be proportionately higher.

For me it was crucial to get people in who would fit, who had the right attitude, who wanted to be there, had the right work ethic and were good enough. We couldn’t afford to get it wrong, given what we were doing. I did run into conflict over standards, but I was right to be demanding.

Did I get it wrong? Ohhhh yes. The best candidate for her grade by a country mile. She was great. A no brainier. Genuine, phenomenal experience, likeable, bright, you name it. Ticked all the boxes. But it just didn’t work out for reasons beyond a forum. Did we miss anything? No. It just happens sometimes.

Looking back, I wasn’t far out and given I was usually part of a panel of three or minimum two and given it was an add to my day job, I’d not have been asked in to do it if I was totally clueless.

The world moves on. There are plenty of professional recruiters and people in that world who have far more idea than me. I hope they do anyway! Times and ways change too. Again, just as they should. For those that do recruiting, hats off. It’s not an easy thing to do.
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:56 - Jun 17 with 591 viewsmonytowbray

All this thread has done has made me realise I don’t want to talk to any of you, full stop.

The egos colliding here. You are all just illusions of self made of space dust. The universe gives zero f**ks about addressing you by name/title. One day you’ll be dead and no one else who knew you will be alive to think about you or remember your name/title anyway.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 01:58 - Jun 17 with 595 viewsRyorry

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 00:12 - Jun 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

This is the thing. You believe this is a great place to share views and are happy to engage with people - who share your views. Indeed, you've been happy to engage with me on many occasions. But when they differ, you go off on one, downarrow, cry abuse (delete as applicable). Wake up to yourself. You've downarrowed me in this thread for merely having an opinion. If it agreed with yours you'd have uparrowed it.

I love you Ryorry, but you are a funny one. Respect other people's views and don't take everything so personal. Your 38 minute rant at J2 proves the point. What a waste of time.

Everything I've said & asked in this thread has been purely about asking those on the thread to respect others wishes & choices about how they're addressed, as I have shown I respect others (evidenced in the thread multiple times, yet you've conveniently manage to not see any of them). I'm sure you (& they) respect the rights of trans people to be called as they want to be called. Yet somehow according to you, this respect shouldn't be applied to me & other seniors.

I'm sorry you obviously haven't understood a single word I've said on the thread. It's not me that's gone off on one because I've a different opinion. Re-read the thread objectively. You've downarrowed me for my opinions, I retaliated. I had people downvote me for saying I disliked the new home shirt yesterday; someone downvoted me for asking for further info on Umbro's former use of child labour. Down & upvoting are just part & parcel of this forum.

Don't "love" me please, I'm not a "funny" one, I'm just chronically tired (been up for 23 hours now flat out with work apart from a total of 2 hrs off). Arrowing is sometimes just a convenient shortcut & I've given you hundreds of uppies over the years.

I'm also very tired of people creating defamatory myths about me which, because a handful of people including yourself have chosen to pick up & run with them repeatedly over decades, some people (including yourself) have decided are "true". Including the ones you've spun in your post above. It's stressful & time-consuming defending myself against them, time which I don't have.

What you describe as my 38 minute "rant" at J2 was my attempt at a copy & paste in chronologic order, plus summary, of his & my posts, for clarification.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the joke about his account being hacked, but he & I have been buddies behind the scenes for years & I've enjoyed chatting with him on those occasions. I was concerned something may have changed, hence the joke

If you want the blunt truth, the occasions on which I've been "happy to engage with you" have amounted to about 2 in 15 years. On the other hand you've frequently banged on at me for hours/days, wasting my time, refusing to accept I disagree with you, demanding I reply to you & refusing to recognise I have a life outside this forum. See, eg, thread of June 4th by '81', "Why do the honest, hard working, working class"...

I've asked you before to put me on ignore, you've always refused. Just do it please.

And (edit) Monytowbray is right about this being a ludicrous speck in the eye of earth's current storms, but we might as well all help each other feel as comfortable as possible while we're here, so even less do I get why some people can't resist posting **** at & about others. I'm absolutely sick of it.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 3:40]

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 07:48 - Jun 17 with 520 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 01:58 - Jun 17 by Ryorry

Everything I've said & asked in this thread has been purely about asking those on the thread to respect others wishes & choices about how they're addressed, as I have shown I respect others (evidenced in the thread multiple times, yet you've conveniently manage to not see any of them). I'm sure you (& they) respect the rights of trans people to be called as they want to be called. Yet somehow according to you, this respect shouldn't be applied to me & other seniors.

I'm sorry you obviously haven't understood a single word I've said on the thread. It's not me that's gone off on one because I've a different opinion. Re-read the thread objectively. You've downarrowed me for my opinions, I retaliated. I had people downvote me for saying I disliked the new home shirt yesterday; someone downvoted me for asking for further info on Umbro's former use of child labour. Down & upvoting are just part & parcel of this forum.

Don't "love" me please, I'm not a "funny" one, I'm just chronically tired (been up for 23 hours now flat out with work apart from a total of 2 hrs off). Arrowing is sometimes just a convenient shortcut & I've given you hundreds of uppies over the years.

I'm also very tired of people creating defamatory myths about me which, because a handful of people including yourself have chosen to pick up & run with them repeatedly over decades, some people (including yourself) have decided are "true". Including the ones you've spun in your post above. It's stressful & time-consuming defending myself against them, time which I don't have.

What you describe as my 38 minute "rant" at J2 was my attempt at a copy & paste in chronologic order, plus summary, of his & my posts, for clarification.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the joke about his account being hacked, but he & I have been buddies behind the scenes for years & I've enjoyed chatting with him on those occasions. I was concerned something may have changed, hence the joke

If you want the blunt truth, the occasions on which I've been "happy to engage with you" have amounted to about 2 in 15 years. On the other hand you've frequently banged on at me for hours/days, wasting my time, refusing to accept I disagree with you, demanding I reply to you & refusing to recognise I have a life outside this forum. See, eg, thread of June 4th by '81', "Why do the honest, hard working, working class"...

I've asked you before to put me on ignore, you've always refused. Just do it please.

And (edit) Monytowbray is right about this being a ludicrous speck in the eye of earth's current storms, but we might as well all help each other feel as comfortable as possible while we're here, so even less do I get why some people can't resist posting **** at & about others. I'm absolutely sick of it.

1. "Yet somehow according to you, this respect shouldn't be applied to me & other seniors." Where have I said, or even intimated it, that you and other seniors shouldn't be respected?!

2. I've no idea what you mean by "defamatory myths about me which, because a handful of people including yourself have chosen to pick up & run with". I'm not aware of ever having spread any myths about you, defamatory or otherwise. I've never had a message from Phil about such a thing, and I've never been banned.

3. We've engaged many more times than 2 in 15 years. In fact we've had more than 2 DMs, let alone agreements on the messageboard.

Not sure what's up with you but I hope you find your peace (and can get some sleep!)

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 07:54 - Jun 17 with 519 viewsunbelievablue

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 01:58 - Jun 17 by Ryorry

This thread is crazy. Some people prefer to be addressed differently. I really don't see why and how it's got beyond that!

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 08:15 - Jun 17 with 503 viewsbluelagos

Ever wish you hadn't started a thread?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 09:36 - Jun 17 with 468 viewsmonytowbray

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 08:15 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Ever wish you hadn't started a thread?

It really did go off course. Trans rights? Nah, I am the victim here because someone called me the word written on all my documentation I happily go by instead of Lord Sh1ttypants of Turdshire Esq so they understand I am an all powerful God.

Also, what’s up with those people who try and squeeze your hand into another realm when you meet for similar reasons? Had someone do it the other day and all they did was squeeze my ring into the side of my other finger which was incredibly uncomfortable.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 9:39]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 11:27 - Jun 17 with 430 viewsRyorry

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 07:48 - Jun 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

1. "Yet somehow according to you, this respect shouldn't be applied to me & other seniors." Where have I said, or even intimated it, that you and other seniors shouldn't be respected?!

2. I've no idea what you mean by "defamatory myths about me which, because a handful of people including yourself have chosen to pick up & run with". I'm not aware of ever having spread any myths about you, defamatory or otherwise. I've never had a message from Phil about such a thing, and I've never been banned.

3. We've engaged many more times than 2 in 15 years. In fact we've had more than 2 DMs, let alone agreements on the messageboard.

Not sure what's up with you but I hope you find your peace (and can get some sleep!)

1. Read the thread.

2. For example "But when they differ, you go off on one, downarrow, cry abuse (delete as applicable)."

It's quite funny really, you & a couple of other people downvoted every single post you disagreed with on the thread, but apparently that doesn't count.

As for "crying abuse". I've had torrents of toxic, defamatory abuse aimed at me over the years that were such character assassinations that a few people PMd me out of the blue to say how shocked they were, & offered me support. Needless to say I reported them to Phil & Gav, it's what P & G ask us to do, & they deleted them.

3. The operative word you missed out there but which you included when you first mentioned it, was "happily" (edit "happy to"). I haven't been "happy" to engage with you more than a couple of times over decades, in fact as I said towards the end of that June 3rd/4th thread by '81', I've actively tried to avoid engaging with you recently, as you continually drum up time-wasting arguments out of nothing. And here you are again.

As for monytowbray's last comment, it's called projection. I.e somebody labels another person as doing/saying something or behaving in a way that actually only they themselves, the labeller is doing.

Now just leave me alone please. It's a beautiful sunny day & I have another 100 veg plugs to plant out etc.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 11:31]

A persons rights to choose their own pronouns etc. on 11:49 - Jun 17 with 426 viewsLeaky

A persons rights to choose their own pronouns etc. on 12:15 - Jun 14 by Ryorry

Hint for anyone wanting to get on well with over 70s, whether "royalty" or not - don't ever call them by their first name if you've never previously met them, unless they invite you to do so ... 🤬

Why?
A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 12:43 - Jun 17 with 400 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A person's right to choose their own pronouns etc. on 11:27 - Jun 17 by Ryorry

1. Read the thread.

2. For example "But when they differ, you go off on one, downarrow, cry abuse (delete as applicable)."

It's quite funny really, you & a couple of other people downvoted every single post you disagreed with on the thread, but apparently that doesn't count.

As for "crying abuse". I've had torrents of toxic, defamatory abuse aimed at me over the years that were such character assassinations that a few people PMd me out of the blue to say how shocked they were, & offered me support. Needless to say I reported them to Phil & Gav, it's what P & G ask us to do, & they deleted them.

3. The operative word you missed out there but which you included when you first mentioned it, was "happily" (edit "happy to"). I haven't been "happy" to engage with you more than a couple of times over decades, in fact as I said towards the end of that June 3rd/4th thread by '81', I've actively tried to avoid engaging with you recently, as you continually drum up time-wasting arguments out of nothing. And here you are again.

As for monytowbray's last comment, it's called projection. I.e somebody labels another person as doing/saying something or behaving in a way that actually only they themselves, the labeller is doing.

Now just leave me alone please. It's a beautiful sunny day & I have another 100 veg plugs to plant out etc.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 11:31]

Just more cop-outs and nonsense from you. "Read the thread" isn't an answer. If I've suggested you or other seniors should be disrespected, show where.

You can't, because I haven't.

Your line in 2 isn't spreading a myth or defaming you in any way either.

And I love how you accuse me of making this a time-wasting argument. I'm not chatting to myself here! But no, you're all sweet and innocent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024