Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PMQs 14:30 - Jun 22 with 2179 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Is this current so-called government the most incompetent and corrupt (not to mention generally bigoted and xenophobic) in British history?

Relatively speaking, exactly how bad are they?

Genuinely interested in knowing if we are in 'peak' times, or if there was ever worse.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

PMQs on 18:46 - Jun 22 with 544 viewsfactual_blue

The whole of British history would be a bit of a big ask. But certainly from start of democracy, and most definitely since universal suffrage (by which I mean one person, one vote) was introduced by the 1945 Labour Government.

*waits for somebody to fall into the trap*....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

PMQs on 19:09 - Jun 22 with 514 viewsjaykay

PMQs on 18:46 - Jun 22 by factual_blue

The whole of British history would be a bit of a big ask. But certainly from start of democracy, and most definitely since universal suffrage (by which I mean one person, one vote) was introduced by the 1945 Labour Government.

now you got some scrambling to wikipedia

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

PMQs on 19:12 - Jun 22 with 517 viewsHARRY10

PMQs on 17:50 - Jun 22 by BlueBadger

Literally the only time anyone turns out to defend them now is when Mad Harry points out that Boris might not be in the peak of physical condition.

And my stalker carries on with his fixated paranoia

so much so that in his befuddled state, that he now has me as a defender of Johnson

poor old todger
PMQs on 19:37 - Jun 22 with 488 viewssolomon

PMQs on 16:55 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Surprised Phil puts up with the patheticness of it. Certainly adds nothing to the forum and just seems to want to wind people up (as we've no way of knowing otherwise), whether it's real or a 'comedy' creation.

Best just to ignore.
PMQs on 20:11 - Jun 22 with 469 viewsfactual_blue

PMQs on 17:10 - Jun 22 by mutters

As with a lot of things only time and reflection can say whether something was good or bad but it certainly feels like we have one of the worst if the not the worst government in living memory.

It also feels like the last 5 or so PMs would all be at the bottom of any list well!

No, just the last three.

PMQs on 20:27 - Jun 22 with 459 viewsfactual_blue

PMQs on 17:01 - Jun 22 by eireblue

I just take joy in the fact that DaveU is perfectly representing the Shy Tories.

Even on an anonymous message board, we have someone that is so embarrassed and shameful of their support, they can only bring themselves to silently vote.

'Do not underestimate the determination of the quiet man'

george iain duncan smith, 2002.

PMQs on 21:48 - Jun 22 with 444 viewsHARRY10

PMQs on 20:27 - Jun 22 by factual_blue

'Do not underestimate the determination of the quiet man'

george iain duncan smith, 2002.

'cough'
PMQs on 00:25 - Jun 23 with 400 viewsmutters

PMQs on 20:11 - Jun 22 by factual_blue

No, just the last three.

Well we all entitled to our own opinion.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

PMQs on 00:35 - Jun 23 with 373 viewsmylittletown

PMQs on 18:46 - Jun 22 by factual_blue

Crikey, when did we start having democracy? I thought that we were still on first past the post?
PMQs on 06:44 - Jun 23 with 335 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 00:35 - Jun 23 by mylittletown

Crikey, when did we start having democracy? I thought that we were still on first past the post?

Indeed. Our awful system just about scrapes in as a democracy. But certainly doesn’t qualify as a modern democracy nor representative and responsible enough for 2022.

Throw in the lack of a constitution, the fudging around royal assent and the increasingly ridiculous House of Lords and we’re a democratic basket case. And absolutely ripe to be exploited by corrupt and self-serving politicians, donors and media billionaires.

Pronouns: He/Him

PMQs on 07:43 - Jun 23 with 308 viewsBlueBadger

PMQs on 19:12 - Jun 22 by HARRY10

And my stalker carries on with his fixated paranoia

so much so that in his befuddled state, that he now has me as a defender of Johnson

poor old todger

Reading comprehension, isn't amongst your skillset, is it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PMQs on 10:51 - Jun 23 with 260 viewsmylittletown

PMQs on 06:44 - Jun 23 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Our awful system just about scrapes in as a democracy. But certainly doesn’t qualify as a modern democracy nor representative and responsible enough for 2022.

Throw in the lack of a constitution, the fudging around royal assent and the increasingly ridiculous House of Lords and we’re a democratic basket case. And absolutely ripe to be exploited by corrupt and self-serving politicians, donors and media billionaires.

Yep. But when you start talking about the importance of constitutional and electoral reform, people's eyes glaze over, even though it is arguably the root cause of most of our ongoing problems.
PMQs on 11:06 - Jun 23 with 255 viewsDarth_Koont

PMQs on 10:51 - Jun 23 by mylittletown

Yep. But when you start talking about the importance of constitutional and electoral reform, people's eyes glaze over, even though it is arguably the root cause of most of our ongoing problems.

Indeed.

Although I think the industry that has emerged around our crap political system (corrupt, self-serving and disingenuous politicians and political media) is the biggest barrier to even addressing that.

That’s far too much money, influence and power to return to the plebs. Not to mention none of these people would do anything like as well out in the real world.

So I think a lot of us also glaze over because we understand that electoral reform is pie in the sky while the current shower is blocking the way. It really really needs to be on the map somewhere though.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024