Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned 15:23 - Jun 24 with 5224 viewsElderGrizzly

Over half of US states will make abortion illegal almost immediately

Just after this yesterday

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:26]
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 10:27 - Jun 25 with 730 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 00:11 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

Yes, in your "high end places" it's just the 0.1%. If you want to make a general case then perhaps you should be more accurate with what you write.

Half of my family are American so I have a very good idea of how things work, nice of you to attempt to pull the "appeal to authority fallacy" again though - twice in a few days isn't a great look.

If anyone is disconnected from reality it's the person who posted that covid should have been allowed to run rife for the benefit of the industry they work in. That post was an embarrassment as the subsequent 40 votes for my response showed yet your still here a few days later telling everyone how the world should work. It's quote an astounding level of arrogance.

Hilarious that you think it's me that is disconnected from reality.

SB

Edit: It's also not a great look to have derailed this thread entirely from the important issue it was originally discussing.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 0:18]

Is there an "appeal to Stokie fallacy?"....asking for a friend. Do you find it very hard being 100% right about everything 100% of the time.? Goodness me.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:02 - Jun 25 with 685 viewsN2_Blue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 10:27 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is there an "appeal to Stokie fallacy?"....asking for a friend. Do you find it very hard being 100% right about everything 100% of the time.? Goodness me.

At one time i thought you were a very reasoned poster. You seem to have had a complete transformation and not for the better. Sad

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:07 - Jun 25 with 673 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:02 - Jun 25 by N2_Blue

At one time i thought you were a very reasoned poster. You seem to have had a complete transformation and not for the better. Sad

There was a time when you could debate with people on here without them going all precious.
He has a very superior and arrogant posting style it is a shame.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:09 - Jun 25 with 664 viewsZXBlue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:07 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

There was a time when you could debate with people on here without them going all precious.
He has a very superior and arrogant posting style it is a shame.

The problem is he is right, not that he is "superior".
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:32 - Jun 25 with 627 viewsTractorWood

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 23:04 - Jun 24 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Everyone else know better though apparently and tells them what they would all prefer!

Unless going to a really decent place the service in the UK is often quite bad IMO. Usually have to ask for water for the table and pubs are kind of half table service half not. I’m fine with people bringing beers to me, talking with a smile and not waiting in a 5 minute Q at the bar to pay my tab.

Plus servers will make an effort to get to know their clientele here and really look after repeat customers. It’s nice to have a friendly face if nipping in for quick pint on the way home.

Obviously I know regulars get looked after in the UK but I do prefer the service stateside by some margin.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 23:07]

I've been on a little trip around the UK for 10 days or so. Scotland and Yorkshire mostly. Service is poor in the UK. Nowhere asks you if you want another drink, you normally have to chase the bill, the card machine etc. However, every place is looking for staff, the staff who are there are usually doing 2 people's jobs. Now everyone pays by card for everything and property costs are so high for businesses tips are basically non-existent.

I do consciously try and give people a fiver if they have been good but I reckon this is only 1 in 10.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 12:13 - Jun 25 with 588 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:09 - Jun 25 by ZXBlue

Always?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 12:49 - Jun 25 with 558 viewsBlueBadger

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 20:15 - Jun 24 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m not sure if you realize the earning potential for many in these roles.

Ah yes, we should motivate poor people by giving them less money but rich people by giving them more.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:16 - Jun 25 with 531 viewsBogblue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 11:09 - Jun 25 by ZXBlue

The real world is shades of grey, not black and white

Nobody is right or wrong 100% of the time, JJJJ lives in the States so I dare say knows more than most about how things work there, even if he does have his particular slant. Why can't people take in the information from others as at least partially valid even if they disagree on the opinions formed from them?

The nature of debate on the forum sometimes seems unneccessarily confrontational and aggressive
Login to get fewer ads

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:41 - Jun 25 with 516 viewsZXBlue

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:16 - Jun 25 by Bogblue

Nobody is right or wrong 100% of the time, JJJJ lives in the States so I dare say knows more than most about how things work there, even if he does have his particular slant. Why can't people take in the information from others as at least partially valid even if they disagree on the opinions formed from them?

The nature of debate on the forum sometimes seems unneccessarily confrontational and aggressive

On this he is correct, which is why Banker is cross.

As is often the way when that particular poster (and a few others) put forward nonsensical positions.
Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:56 - Jun 25 with 474 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:41 - Jun 25 by ZXBlue

On this he is correct, which is why Banker is cross.

As is often the way when that particular poster (and a few others) put forward nonsensical positions.

You have jumped through a hell of a lot of hoops there to end up with a "cross banker!" Funny thing perception.

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 14:39 - Jun 25 with 439 viewsjeera

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 10:27 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wtf has got into you?

You're harassing him on every thread. Maybe read the T&Cs on harassment?

You're obsessed man.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 14:52 - Jun 25 with 434 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 14:39 - Jun 25 by jeera

Wtf has got into you?

You're harassing him on every thread. Maybe read the T&Cs on harassment?

You're obsessed man.

That's a hot take Jeera....have a count up of how many times I have replied to posts of his since he came back and decided not to engage with me and then get back to me on the "harassing him on every thread" point. If he doesn't want to engage with me in discussions then that is up to him but I don't have to play along. I think perhaps he prefers it when the targets of his self perceived superiority are a little less verbally articulate and he can bewilder with Latin and fancy word plays.

Anyway stop harassing me now please....AGAIN!

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 17:13 - Jun 25 with 356 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Supreme Court confirms Roe vs Wade is overturned on 13:16 - Jun 25 by Bogblue

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? People think they are coming from a morally superior informed position and don’t like anyone who dare not fall into line of how they perceive things work (in this case thousands of miles away). I have based my opinions on real life experiences and ya know, people, rather than Guardian opinion pages. Of course people can challenge me and I can challenge them but I’d put forward that I’m not the one getting all hot and bothered and aggressive to others.

Also I’m not just going to back down because someone is calling it nonsense and rubbish from afar. In the context of this I’m championing the 0.1% who make money from tips, have no empathy for anyone else, want to kill people with Covid and think Americans have better working conditions/contracts. Again some rather big leaps from what I was actually saying. Corporate America works too much (I should know) and the time they give off work to new mothers is pitiful amongst other things that I wish would change here.

However, people can have their own opinions on whether it’s right or wrong in terms of whether clientele should be paying the majority of a individuals take home pay on the front end. In any sales job it’s coming indirectly from the customer. All I was saying was a lot of friends made good money from it. So while others may think it’s so awful for people working these jobs, my counter argument (from experience) was it’s not necessarily the case. If that makes me a bad human being to some on here then so be it.

“They haven’t experienced proper pay so don’t know what’s preferable”

For many in the industry their wages would have had to be raised to $100 an hour on weekends and $50 an hour on weeknights for them to bring in the same income. So I was challenging the idea of what proper pay means for some of these folks, a lot of them do it for a reason. What do equivalents earn working in pub or restaurant in England that charge GBP20 for Fish and chips, GBP6-7 beer and GBP10-12 a glass of wine? I genuinely don’t know, so maybe someone can tell me. If you see a full restaurant (which servers strictly have their own section) that they look after all night, you don’t need to be a mathematical genius to work out what a lot of these guys earn in the states.

People may hate that businesses get away with paying low wages and letting them rely on tips. It’s fair position and obviously very different approach from much of the world but for the customer, it can promote a better service and experience and for the worker can result in higher take home pay.

It’s always been this way here and tips are 20% across the board these days. So no, it’s not really if people “like me” deem them worthy. You can basically start at 18% if you happen to have really bad service and if it’s good service then customers decide how how they want to add on over 20. This is actually where the clientele might have a point of why should I pay 18-20% for bad service when you can’t be bothered to pay your staff. Either way service is generally quite good and often exceptional, for obvious reasons.

I hope this helps clarify my awful world view in relation to the American service industry.

Also would probably be a good place to add that threads I don’t partipate in often seem to go the same name calling/ aggressive way. Highly emotive place these days isn’t it! Up the Town.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 17:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024