Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched 20:23 - Aug 4 with 4023 viewsGlasgowBlue

Christ Liz Truss is wooden.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:15 - Aug 4 with 1170 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:35 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

I guess the easiest way is add it to their bill when they actually attend their next appointment. After all they booked an appointment so must need one.

Or if you're on UC. Take it from their next month's payment.

There is no excuse to miss an appointment.

At the very least you can phone and advise you can't make it for whatever reason.

People need to take some responsibility in life.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:24 - Aug 4 with 1152 viewsOldsmoker

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:55 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Sadly and why the jcps are a farse at the moment is that they give out only 6 month contracts. They move workcoaches across different branches and they don't actually bother to train them properly on how they can help those people who actually want help.

However unfortunately there are still thousands who are incredibly clever at playing the uc game. This is what makes that column A a massive problem for workcoaches like you met. Full of people with 0 intention of working, no desire to but we'll aware of how to play the system. But that's a discussion for another day. Thankfully I left my last job as I was a sub contractor helping those in need to get back into work.. unfortunately that was 1% of my day. The rest was meeting people playing the system and wasting my time.

This is something that I encountered during my professional career.
I was a computer systems designer/programmer.
I was constantly asked "How can I get round the system?"
It was a mind set and it has grown and now pervades everyones thinking.
Apparently, rules are for dummies.
To get ahead you need to game the system.
If everyone cheats then there is no system anymore.

I'm not looking forward to eating Soylent Green.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 1131 viewsjeera

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 22:31 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Lol how is It a tax.

If there's no penalty to missing appointments no wonder people find a reason not to go.

It's just like these UC appointments. When you actually have a jcp workcoach who follows the rules. You get sanctioned for not attending... amazingly that person keeps to their appointments.

So I think it's a great idea and long overdue.

I'd say you've reverted back to being a complete dick with no idea of what you're talking about.

Shame, you seemed to be coming on quite well.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Did either candidate set out any environmental policies? Or talk green issues? (n/t) on 23:50 - Aug 4 with 1116 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:52 - Aug 4 with 1110 viewsjeera

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:15 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

At the very least you can phone and advise you can't make it for whatever reason.

If you were dealing with normal people you and Frimley would be right.

What happens when you do phone up and the only person you can speak to decides you are some sort of liar, or they just don't care either way and threaten you anyway.

Then what?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:52 - Aug 4 with 1102 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:40 - Aug 4 by jeera

I'd say you've reverted back to being a complete dick with no idea of what you're talking about.

Shame, you seemed to be coming on quite well.

Tbh Jerra I'm open to having my opinion changed on this if you care to share why you feel my view is wrong. If it's to do with sanctions etc. I arranged them so I do know that area.. if its to do with the missing of nhs apps.. that I'm open to changing my thoughts on as at present it's just an opinion of a personal thought no real research into it.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 23:56]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:09 - Aug 5 with 1086 viewsjeera

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:52 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh Jerra I'm open to having my opinion changed on this if you care to share why you feel my view is wrong. If it's to do with sanctions etc. I arranged them so I do know that area.. if its to do with the missing of nhs apps.. that I'm open to changing my thoughts on as at present it's just an opinion of a personal thought no real research into it.

Try this as a real life example.

You've come home from hospital the day before. You've had triple surgery and you're in screaming pain full of several sets of stitches; some inside, some on the outside. You're morphined up to the tee.

To get out of bed you have to roll onto your side then take a few moments to get your breath, then you roll the rest of the way half onto the floor. That's how you get out of bed for almost a week.

You have a full bag of your own blood and urine next to you hanging over the side of the bed. There's no district nurses any more to help so you have to do all of this yourself. Change it several times per day etc.

Feed yourself, shower yourself...

The phone rings and it's some ***t from the JC telling you you've got to come in. He knows your situation and has all the relevant paperwork in front of him that you have provided in advance. He doesn't care because on his screen it says you have to come in or all financial support will be stopped. You can't drive for three months, you can barely stand.

What do you do? You've been in the week before, they know all this.

You have tubes in you, you are trying to wash several times a day because you are leaking blood and urine all over the shop. The bag bursts and coats the carpet so you have to crawl around and clear it upon your own.

You've worked 30 odd years straight and never claimed a thing in your life.

What are you making of this so far?

I explained all of this and was told tough, come in or face sanctions. If I was able, I'd have gone down there and killed him myself that very day.

Now tell me how they understand because you've had a little chat with them over the phone.

I can confirm that once I'd made a fuss and got to speak to someone human I received an apology and him a telling off. So I was assured anyway.

So yeah I have a lot of sympathy for people who are forced to face this kind of humiliation.

Anyone who has fallen foul of these people, be it them or HMRC or DWP will tell you it's a nightmare unless you can find a compassionate person to listen.

Or anything approaching sanity and/or basic human decency? (n/t) on 00:17 - Aug 5 with 1079 viewsBlueBadger

Did either candidate set out any environmental policies? Or talk green issues? (n/t) on 23:50 - Aug 4 by unstableblue

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:33 - Aug 5 with 1062 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:52 - Aug 4 by jeera

If you were dealing with normal people you and Frimley would be right.

What happens when you do phone up and the only person you can speak to decides you are some sort of liar, or they just don't care either way and threaten you anyway.

Then what?

What, like you phone up and say you can't attend your appointment because your child minder has let you down.....

And then you are called a liar?

I don't get it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:52 - Aug 5 with 1051 viewsjeera

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:33 - Aug 5 by Lord_Lucan

What, like you phone up and say you can't attend your appointment because your child minder has let you down.....

And then you are called a liar?

I don't get it.

Yeah you do.

I just posted a long post outlining it.

When did you become so unpleasant, honestly?

*Edit: I guess you didn't bother to read these bits.

"It's just like these UC appointments. When you actually have a jcp workcoach who follows the rules. You get sanctioned for not attending... amazingly that person keeps to their appointments."

"Or if you're on UC. Take it from their next month's payment."

No, of course you didn't.

Mums relying on the likes of UC all have child bloody minders coming out of their ears.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 5:18]

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 05:14 - Aug 5 with 1008 viewsbluelagos

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:52 - Aug 4 by FrimleyBlue

Allow me.

For a policy to be worth doing it has to pass a few tests. As well as the "ethical" questions, there are the practical ones, namely how would it work?

So to start charging people for non attendance, you will need to assess those needing charging, to bill them, to collect the money and to deal with non payments. All of that takes both time and money and wouod need people to do it.

So at a time when the Nhs is understaffed, you want it to focus on recruiting an army of accountants, book keepers and debt collectors to manage a system of payment colections.

Remember when you suggested we close down all shops (in lockdown) and enlist the army to deliver food supplies to every home in the UK? Remember how we showed the idea was simply impossible to do? This one is doable, but only at a huge diversion of focus and huge cost.

So for me, leave aside the ethical questions of introducing charges into a free Nhs, the proposals fail the practicality test. Like so much recent Tory policy it is red meat to some but nothing more and simply won't happen.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 07:34 - Aug 5 with 951 viewsDanTheMan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 05:14 - Aug 5 by bluelagos

Allow me.

For a policy to be worth doing it has to pass a few tests. As well as the "ethical" questions, there are the practical ones, namely how would it work?

So to start charging people for non attendance, you will need to assess those needing charging, to bill them, to collect the money and to deal with non payments. All of that takes both time and money and wouod need people to do it.

So at a time when the Nhs is understaffed, you want it to focus on recruiting an army of accountants, book keepers and debt collectors to manage a system of payment colections.

Remember when you suggested we close down all shops (in lockdown) and enlist the army to deliver food supplies to every home in the UK? Remember how we showed the idea was simply impossible to do? This one is doable, but only at a huge diversion of focus and huge cost.

So for me, leave aside the ethical questions of introducing charges into a free Nhs, the proposals fail the practicality test. Like so much recent Tory policy it is red meat to some but nothing more and simply won't happen.

Agree with all this. Even if the idea with ethically sound, I really don't understand how this would do anything except cost more money.

What happens when someone doesn't pay their fine? Take them to court which costs thousands of pounds, absolutely eclipsing what the charge was in the first place.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 08:40 - Aug 5 with 921 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:52 - Aug 5 by jeera

Yeah you do.

I just posted a long post outlining it.

When did you become so unpleasant, honestly?

*Edit: I guess you didn't bother to read these bits.

"It's just like these UC appointments. When you actually have a jcp workcoach who follows the rules. You get sanctioned for not attending... amazingly that person keeps to their appointments."

"Or if you're on UC. Take it from their next month's payment."

No, of course you didn't.

Mums relying on the likes of UC all have child bloody minders coming out of their ears.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 5:18]

Not sure what you considered unpleasant in my post but hey ho, I maintain that missed appointments are a scandal and that people should phone in to cancel if they can't make it. It is common courtesy at the very least.

Your "long post" was an extreme example and not the norm. The fact is that millions of appointments are missed because people forget, can't be bothered or got well again. All people need to do is pick the phone up and release their appointment for someone else.

Oh, and I haven't advocated fining people have I?

Nothing I said was unpleasant. This is the second time recently you have pulled me up, I didn't respond last time but I'd appreciate it if you got off my back.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 08:51 - Aug 5 with 910 viewsunbelievablue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 23:15 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

Should the NHS ping me a tenner for cancelling my app yesterday?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 09:04 - Aug 5 with 871 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 00:09 - Aug 5 by jeera

Try this as a real life example.

You've come home from hospital the day before. You've had triple surgery and you're in screaming pain full of several sets of stitches; some inside, some on the outside. You're morphined up to the tee.

To get out of bed you have to roll onto your side then take a few moments to get your breath, then you roll the rest of the way half onto the floor. That's how you get out of bed for almost a week.

You have a full bag of your own blood and urine next to you hanging over the side of the bed. There's no district nurses any more to help so you have to do all of this yourself. Change it several times per day etc.

Feed yourself, shower yourself...

The phone rings and it's some ***t from the JC telling you you've got to come in. He knows your situation and has all the relevant paperwork in front of him that you have provided in advance. He doesn't care because on his screen it says you have to come in or all financial support will be stopped. You can't drive for three months, you can barely stand.

What do you do? You've been in the week before, they know all this.

You have tubes in you, you are trying to wash several times a day because you are leaking blood and urine all over the shop. The bag bursts and coats the carpet so you have to crawl around and clear it upon your own.

You've worked 30 odd years straight and never claimed a thing in your life.

What are you making of this so far?

I explained all of this and was told tough, come in or face sanctions. If I was able, I'd have gone down there and killed him myself that very day.

Now tell me how they understand because you've had a little chat with them over the phone.

I can confirm that once I'd made a fuss and got to speak to someone human I received an apology and him a telling off. So I was assured anyway.

So yeah I have a lot of sympathy for people who are forced to face this kind of humiliation.

Anyone who has fallen foul of these people, be it them or HMRC or DWP will tell you it's a nightmare unless you can find a compassionate person to listen.

In this example, the person in question would have been able to obtain a fitnote ( stupid name for them nowadays) advising that they are not able to attend the appointments in physical form for a certain number of days/weeks etc and will be assessed again on...

If this wasn't available at that time then questions should have been asked of the medical team on why they didn't provide this when said person was discharged.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 856 viewshype313

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 05:14 - Aug 5 by bluelagos

Allow me.

Or do what they do in Australia and NZ and charge $10 for attending an appointment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What is rain? (n/t) on 09:24 - Aug 5 with 824 viewsunstableblue

Or anything approaching sanity and/or basic human decency? (n/t) on 00:17 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 10:32 - Aug 5 with 786 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 09:08 - Aug 5 by hype313

Or do what they do in Australia and NZ and charge $10 for attending an appointment.

Closer to home they charge between 45 and 65 euro for GP appointments in Ireland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:00 - Aug 5 with 772 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 10:32 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

Closer to home they charge between 45 and 65 euro for GP appointments in Ireland.

That's crazy. Is it means tested?

There shouldn't be a charge, full stop - however we do have a problem re the cost of missed appointments - but as said before, the cost of obtaining the money would be more expensive than the fine.

Of course the elephant in the room is any charge concerning the NHS as it is political suicide, even though if we are honest, the NHS simply isn't working, in fact it's sh1t.

This isn't a dig at the rank and file but it's true. The NHS needs a complete overhaul. Most of their problems are procurement and waste.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 755 viewshype313

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:00 - Aug 5 by Lord_Lucan

That's crazy. Is it means tested?

There shouldn't be a charge, full stop - however we do have a problem re the cost of missed appointments - but as said before, the cost of obtaining the money would be more expensive than the fine.

Of course the elephant in the room is any charge concerning the NHS as it is political suicide, even though if we are honest, the NHS simply isn't working, in fact it's sh1t.

This isn't a dig at the rank and file but it's true. The NHS needs a complete overhaul. Most of their problems are procurement and waste.

World beating NHS, so world beating that no other country has replicated the model.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 723 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:14 - Aug 5 by hype313

World beating NHS, so world beating that no other country has replicated the model.

The biggest political hot potato on the planet.

Although - it's become so sh1t that it may even be the time for our dear leaders to actually suggest massive reform.

My mate is a sparky who worked at the new Kings Lynn hospital and he spotted an invoice which was a fee for moving a light switch two meters. I can't honestly remember the figure but it was about £3k from memory.

If they bought their elastic bands from Amazon rather than a preferred supplier they would probably save hundreds of thousands £££££

Ditto MOD

Bonkers!!!

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 714 viewshype313

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:49 - Aug 5 by Lord_Lucan

The biggest political hot potato on the planet.

Although - it's become so sh1t that it may even be the time for our dear leaders to actually suggest massive reform.

My mate is a sparky who worked at the new Kings Lynn hospital and he spotted an invoice which was a fee for moving a light switch two meters. I can't honestly remember the figure but it was about £3k from memory.

If they bought their elastic bands from Amazon rather than a preferred supplier they would probably save hundreds of thousands £££££

Ditto MOD

Bonkers!!!

It's a sacred cow, no political party will touch it with a bargepole regardless of how it's performing as it will be a vote loser.

Clearly it can't function in it's current format and needs radical change, fresh ideas and a different approach, but too many people are emotionally invested in it.

And before I get the usual "you want a US based system, with colossal medical insurances" I don't, but surely there are other options than the broken US system?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 12:12 - Aug 5 with 694 viewsringwoodblue

When Kay Burley asked Truss what was the naughtiest thing she’d ever done, I was just hoping she would answer it something like ‘A wild orgy with five men’. At least I would have a tiny bit of respect for her then!

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 676 viewsLord_Lucan

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 11:57 - Aug 5 by hype313

It's a sacred cow, no political party will touch it with a bargepole regardless of how it's performing as it will be a vote loser.

Clearly it can't function in it's current format and needs radical change, fresh ideas and a different approach, but too many people are emotionally invested in it.

And before I get the usual "you want a US based system, with colossal medical insurances" I don't, but surely there are other options than the broken US system?

I largely agree

Now I 100% realise that changing the whole NHS mechanism is way above my pay grade but I would love to have a bash at it.

I think we may have got to the stage where as it was a vote losing disaster it may have reversed and people would applaud someone who would be honest and say, - this is a big feck up and needs a complete overhaul.

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 12:38 - Aug 5 with 648 viewsBeckets

This is the first Tory leadership debate I've watched on 12:12 - Aug 5 by ringwoodblue

When Kay Burley asked Truss what was the naughtiest thing she’d ever done, I was just hoping she would answer it something like ‘A wild orgy with five men’. At least I would have a tiny bit of respect for her then!

I assume she answered that it was when she cheated on her husband?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024