Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commentary 15:03 - Aug 6 with 5162 viewsGrammarman

I appreciate that it is early doors, but this iPlayer commentary is very poor.
Commentary on 15:04 - Aug 6 with 3188 viewsDublinBlue84

To be fair, it was pretty confusing to me if he gave a penalty there or not also and I didn't have any sound on initially and it looked like a clear foul by Burgess.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 15:04]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Commentary on 15:05 - Aug 6 with 3158 viewsZXBlue

Commentary on 15:04 - Aug 6 by DublinBlue84

To be fair, it was pretty confusing to me if he gave a penalty there or not also and I didn't have any sound on initially and it looked like a clear foul by Burgess.

In fairness, there was a slip which resulted in an accidental but nasty slide on Davis, followed by a foul that could easly have ebeen a penalty, and the ref then pointed to the spot. But seemingly was actually pointing at the location of the slip, very belatedly.
Commentary on 15:13 - Aug 6 with 3088 viewsGrammarman

This is really dire. It sounds like they have employed someone to talk about football who has no understanding of it. FFS they are now talking about the scenery!
Commentary on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 3042 viewsCotty

Commentary on 15:13 - Aug 6 by Grammarman

This is really dire. It sounds like they have employed someone to talk about football who has no understanding of it. FFS they are now talking about the scenery!

Yeah it’s abysmal. The forest green commentary is much better.
Commentary on 15:18 - Aug 6 with 3023 viewsKeno

I follow audio by Keno 1 Aug 2022 17:32
I am shocked that my email wasnt personally written by Mr Nash!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Commentary on 15:22 - Aug 6 with 2974 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s not very good. He just referred to us as “the away side”. What’s wrong with Town, Ipswich or We?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Commentary on 15:25 - Aug 6 with 2929 viewssmithy91

Agreed. Tuned in expecting a big improvement following fan feedback and club response but its still not great.

Reminds me of ITVs Matterface, commentary is a bit dry. Lacks Brenners enthusiasm, as much as that annoys some of us!

Surely they will have to bring back the Suffolk lot for radio only, can see the club receiving lot of complaints.
Commentary on 15:26 - Aug 6 with 2902 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think it's fine. Not as frantic as the radio commentary being dubbed over the top of the video.

It's also in sync, which the radio commentary never was.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 15:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Commentary on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 2839 viewsaeldun

The club noted that they’d reminded the main commentator that he should provide more match description, as there were audio-only iFollow listeners. But there’s still very little description of where the players are on the pitch, so there’s very little sense of where the action is happening.
Commentary on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 2776 viewsCotty

Commentary on 15:26 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I think it's fine. Not as frantic as the radio commentary being dubbed over the top of the video.

It's also in sync, which the radio commentary never was.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 15:27]

It’s terrible for audio only.
Commentary on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 2770 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Commentary on 15:31 - Aug 6 by aeldun

The club noted that they’d reminded the main commentator that he should provide more match description, as there were audio-only iFollow listeners. But there’s still very little description of where the players are on the pitch, so there’s very little sense of where the action is happening.

Brenner has mentioned the New Lawn a few times so we know.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Commentary on 15:35 - Aug 6 with 2761 viewsIllinoisblue

And there it is - the plug for ITFC shop.com

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Commentary on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 2730 viewsbalcombeblue

Commentary on 15:04 - Aug 6 by DublinBlue84

Is there anyway at all of getting radio suffolk back on of you lo
Live outside the county?

May have to get my dad to share through a zoom call or something
Commentary on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 2718 viewsGlasgowBlue

Commentary on 15:35 - Aug 6 by Cotty

It’s terrible for audio only.

Yeah I can imagine. Very much tailored for watching.

Iron Lion Zion

Commentary on 15:38 - Aug 6 with 2710 viewsKeno

Commentary on 15:37 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I can imagine. Very much tailored for watching.

how the hell did they suddenly nearly score

I miss Brenner

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Commentary on 15:41 - Aug 6 with 2662 viewsGlasgowBlue

Commentary on 15:38 - Aug 6 by Keno

how the hell did they suddenly nearly score

I miss Brenner

I miss Mick Mills honesty.

You won't get that from a current player.

Iron Lion Zion

Commentary on 16:03 - Aug 6 with 2607 viewsX0Y0

Very poor - I don’t want to be too harsh, given they are part of the set up and possible fans, but they don’t offer anywhere near the level of insight that they do on Radio Suffolk. I don’t think there was a single discussion about tactics or formations in that half, and I learnt absolutely nothing about Forest Green, except they play in green and have a pink goalkeeper kit. Far too much inane conversation.

Whilst I appreciate having players on is novel, most of them have no radio training and they’re never going to offer an objective or particularly interesting view …. ‘So Nick, how’s Davis looked in training?’ ‘Complete sh*te to be honest. Hope we kept the receipt as he mostly turns up late and couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo’ … not going to happen is it.

The club need to offer the option of radio Suffolk or club commentary, and both should be available to radio and video. They could then monitor the listening numbers to measure which is actually the success.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 16:07]
Commentary on 16:06 - Aug 6 with 2569 viewsAdelaideblue

Commentary on 16:03 - Aug 6 by X0Y0

Very poor - I don’t want to be too harsh, given they are part of the set up and possible fans, but they don’t offer anywhere near the level of insight that they do on Radio Suffolk. I don’t think there was a single discussion about tactics or formations in that half, and I learnt absolutely nothing about Forest Green, except they play in green and have a pink goalkeeper kit. Far too much inane conversation.

Whilst I appreciate having players on is novel, most of them have no radio training and they’re never going to offer an objective or particularly interesting view …. ‘So Nick, how’s Davis looked in training?’ ‘Complete sh*te to be honest. Hope we kept the receipt as he mostly turns up late and couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo’ … not going to happen is it.

The club need to offer the option of radio Suffolk or club commentary, and both should be available to radio and video. They could then monitor the listening numbers to measure which is actually the success.

Any one else really not liking our commentary... sounds so amateur...
Commentary on 16:10 - Aug 6 with 2527 viewsBromleyBloo

Commentary on 16:06 - Aug 6 by Adelaideblue

Any one else really not liking our commentary... sounds so amateur...

Bring back Brenner and Mick M asap - Mick’s dour analysis was great!!!
Commentary on 16:11 - Aug 6 with 2517 viewsStrimmer

with you on all points here. Did they even tell us if we're unchanged at the start of the half? amateurish, literally

Poll: Was it a punch?

Commentary on 16:13 - Aug 6 with 2493 viewsDublinBlue84

I don't think the ifollow platform allows for different commentary feeds for both, it might be an option next year when it's taken in house.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Commentary on 16:14 - Aug 6 with 2475 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone know how Cruncher is spending his Saturday afternoons?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Commentary on 16:22 - Aug 6 with 2414 viewsjeera

Although tbf if there was a side competition for scenery at each ground this one would definitely be up there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Commentary on 16:24 - Aug 6 with 2392 viewsRyorry

"No perspiration from us up here in the commentary box I can tell you".

That's the level.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Commentary on 16:25 - Aug 6 with 2385 viewsGeoffSentence

Commentary on 15:25 - Aug 6 by smithy91

Agreed. Tuned in expecting a big improvement following fan feedback and club response but its still not great.

Reminds me of ITVs Matterface, commentary is a bit dry. Lacks Brenners enthusiasm, as much as that annoys some of us!

Surely they will have to bring back the Suffolk lot for radio only, can see the club receiving lot of complaints.

Th trouble with Brenner's enthusiasm, is that he sometimes gets a little too enthusiastic about ur oppostition.

That might be because we have been utter sh1te since he started commentating I suppose.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024