Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow audio 13:50 - Aug 1 with 4658 viewsblueislander

I have had a response from the club to my complaint about the IFollow audio commentary. They admit that this was a commercial decision, , but stated that the commentator is talented, and will eventually get it right. I replied that the amount of money involved is minimal in relation to the club’s overall budget, and asked what experience the commentator has, and how long is “eventually” I urged them to reconsider their decision, and put the fans first.
I follow audio on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 2650 viewsSitfcB

From what I’ve gathered he’s good for TV but not for audio only.

They should just plug Brenner back in for the audio only stuff.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I follow audio on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 2633 viewsbelgablue

I follow audio on 13:58 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

I thought it was pretty poor with the TV feed as well, put it on mute for a lot of the game.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

I follow audio on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 2631 viewsblueislander

I follow audio on 13:58 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Absolutely. I am sure that the BBC don’t charge a fortune for that to be done.
I follow audio on 14:04 - Aug 1 with 2583 viewsIllinoisblue

Due to the technical problems at start of game I switched to the Bolton commentary and stayed with that. Scottish bloke, did a good job, not overly biased.

What was wrong with the Town commentator?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I follow audio on 14:07 - Aug 1 with 2563 viewsKeno

I have sent a similar email, for the same reply and sent a strongly worded counter!!

Does anyone who lives in Suffolk fancy help Islander and me out??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I follow audio on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 2546 viewsKeno

I follow audio on 14:04 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

Due to the technical problems at start of game I switched to the Bolton commentary and stayed with that. Scottish bloke, did a good job, not overly biased.

can you imagine listening to Alan Green and the annoying guy of ITV lovechild?

I follow audio on 14:09 - Aug 1 with 2544 viewsSitfcB

What was the two camera coverage like?

COYB

I follow audio on 14:10 - Aug 1 with 2551 viewsblueislander

There were periods of silence, and he gave little commentary on where the action was taking place. For example he would say we were attacking, and his next comment was to say Bolton have a corner.
Login to get fewer ads

I follow audio on 14:19 - Aug 1 with 2513 viewsIllinoisblue

I follow audio on 14:09 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

What was the two camera coverage like?

Can’t say I noticed tbh. Although there was less crazy zooming in and out when we had a corner. For $4 a game I can’t complain too much really

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I follow audio on 14:23 - Aug 1 with 2488 viewsSawtrich

I follow audio on 14:10 - Aug 1 by blueislander

There were periods of silence, and he gave little commentary on where the action was taking place. For example he would say we were attacking, and his next comment was to say Bolton have a corner.

Yes, it was awful. I got an audio pass and the commentary was clearly aimed at viewers, not listeners. I remember that Bolton corner, we hadn't even been told they had the ball or were attacking.
I follow audio on 14:24 - Aug 1 with 2469 viewssmithy91

Clearly the commentary was created for the TV footage.

Perhaps we could pose the question of having a seperate for radio commentary, or just get bbc Suffolk. Probably cheaper than a second team....
I follow audio on 14:27 - Aug 1 with 2432 viewsSitfcB

I follow audio on 14:19 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

Can’t say I noticed tbh. Although there was less crazy zooming in and out when we had a corner. For $4 a game I can’t complain too much really

Just watched the highlights, think the cameras are in the same position, one for the usual picture and one for the close ups.

COYB

I follow audio on 14:45 - Aug 1 with 2377 viewsHullblue

I’m sure he’ll get better.

My main concern is just that I miss RS! Been listening to games on there for about 25 years and it was a good way to stay connected to home every week.

Sure I’ll get used to the new commentator but I’d rather not, to be honest.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I follow audio on 14:55 - Aug 1 with 2350 viewsblueislander

I follow audio on 14:45 - Aug 1 by Hullblue

My main concern is just that I miss RS! Been listening to games on there for about 25 years and it was a good way to stay connected to home every week.

It is quite a different technique to commentate for radio than television. Unlikely to happen overnight.
I follow audio on 14:58 - Aug 1 with 2336 viewscoolcat

I follow audio on 14:07 - Aug 1 by Keno

I have sent a similar email, for the same reply and sent a strongly worded counter!!

I sent an email 10 minutes ago. Glad I wasn't the only one. Last time I sent an email was in 2016 and an 'Edwina' responded. Haven't had a response as yet.

I live in London so just get the audio only. As someone said yesterday it sounded like a TV commentary because of the long pauses and no updates as to what was going on. I switched to the away commentary and stayed with it to the end. I said it needs someone who is an experienced radio presenter or used to presenting to a listening audience rather than for those watching.

I mentioned I've always rated the audio highly. Saturday was a million miles away from that. I can't believe they said he needs time. More like training! Caught Brenner/Mills on the radio when I tuned in online, just as the players were coming off the pitch. I said I would end my subscription if the quality doesn't improve.
I follow audio on 15:17 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsDJR

I follow audio on 14:45 - Aug 1 by Hullblue

Agreed. I feel the RS commentary gives me an emotional attachment to the place I left forty odd years ago, and hearing MM makes that emotion even stronger. So unless, they employ Brenner and MM for the commentary which is highly unlikely, no substitute will ever be satisfactory, particularly not one aimed at a TV audience.
I follow audio on 15:22 - Aug 1 with 2244 viewsDJR

I follow audio on 14:07 - Aug 1 by Keno

I was at the game on Saturday, but love the RS commentary, so will send an email as if I were listening on Saturday. I mentioned this on another thread, but I looked at Forest TV last year and am sure they had BBC Radio Nottingham for the audio commentary. The only thing is that I wouldn't be surprised if they're now contractually committed to these arrangements for the whole season at least, so there may be nothing that can be done.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 15:23]
I follow audio on 15:22 - Aug 1 with 2243 viewscoolcat

What's the best club email to use? I sent an email about an hour ago but wasn't sure if it was the right one. I sent it to enquiries@itfc.co.uk.
I follow audio on 15:39 - Aug 1 with 2196 viewsDJR

I follow audio on 15:17 - Aug 1 by DJR

Agreed. I feel the RS commentary gives me an emotional attachment to the place I left forty odd years ago, and hearing MM makes that emotion even stronger. So unless, they employ Brenner and MM for the commentary which is highly unlikely, no substitute will ever be satisfactory, particularly not one aimed at a TV audience.

Following on from my post, I don't think it is appreciated just how lucky we are to have someone of the calibre of MM co-commenting on a game. I remember the BBC Merseyside coverage of the League Cup Final last season had Craig Hignett as co-commentator, someone who had only ever been a youth player at Liverpool. And for all his strengths, it is probably not something that Mark Ashton would have ever considered, given he has (understandably) no real knowledge of the club, and one of his main aims is "making the assets sweat".
I follow audio on 15:48 - Aug 1 with 2160 viewsKeno

I follow audio on 15:22 - Aug 1 by coolcat

What's the best club email to use? I sent an email about an hour ago but wasn't sure if it was the right one. I sent it to enquiries@itfc.co.uk.

marcus.nash@itfc.co.uk

is the guy who responded to my email

I follow audio on 15:49 - Aug 1 with 2161 viewsHullblue

I follow audio on 15:17 - Aug 1 by DJR

Couldn't agree more.

One small consolation for me was that their Final Whistle program was available online that evening, so I was at least able to listen to MM's views on the game - worth trying that next time if you haven't already.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I follow audio on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 2123 viewsblueislander

I follow audio on 15:22 - Aug 1 by DJR

I was at the game on Saturday, but love the RS commentary, so will send an email as if I were listening on Saturday. I mentioned this on another thread, but I looked at Forest TV last year and am sure they had BBC Radio Nottingham for the audio commentary. The only thing is that I wouldn't be surprised if they're now contractually committed to these arrangements for the whole season at least, so there may be nothing that can be done.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 15:23]

They can keep the guy to do the video commentary if he is contracted.
I follow audio on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 2122 viewsDJR

I follow audio on 15:49 - Aug 1 by Hullblue

Couldn't agree more.

One small consolation for me was that their Final Whistle program was available online that evening, so I was at least able to listen to MM's views on the game - worth trying that next time if you haven't already.

Thanks for the tip but I do already listen to it.
I follow audio on 15:56 - Aug 1 with 2120 viewsDJR

I follow audio on 15:48 - Aug 1 by Keno

marcus.nash@itfc.co.uk

Thanks for this. I'll send an email now.

EDIT: Now done.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 16:15]
I follow audio on 16:41 - Aug 1 with 2047 viewscoolcat

I follow audio on 15:48 - Aug 1 by Keno

marcus.nash@itfc.co.uk

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. Another guy on twitter said that's who replied to him. I sent it to enquries@itfc.co.uk a few hours ago & heard nothing. This guy on twitter said it was about them wanting to advertise Planet Blue merchandise, so I guess that would cover the 'commercial decision' aspect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024