Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? 15:34 - Aug 10 with 2149 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've had it a couple of times over the past year. Doc has checked me out, nothing to worry about.
But its quite un-nerving at the time isn't it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:44 - Aug 10 with 1548 viewsEireannach_gorm

Too much coffee will do that.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:48 - Aug 10 with 1528 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:44 - Aug 10 by Eireannach_gorm

Erm.......Oh.

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:49 - Aug 10 with 1521 viewsCaptainAhab

My wife started getting them about a year ago, we think it might have been a side effect from the jab. She had all sorts of doctors appointments and scans but they never found anything. Betablockers helped, but she's pretty much over it now thankfully. Hope yours pass, it really doesn't seem fun.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 1484 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:49 - Aug 10 by CaptainAhab

My wife started getting them about a year ago, we think it might have been a side effect from the jab. She had all sorts of doctors appointments and scans but they never found anything. Betablockers helped, but she's pretty much over it now thankfully. Hope yours pass, it really doesn't seem fun.

Few years back I was shooting Leicester City v Liverpool at the King Power Stadium (as it was then). I started getting chest pains right on the diaphragm midway through the first half, by half time I was literally doubled up in pain.

I was checked over by St John's at half time, given a 12 lead etc etc, club doctor took a look at me too. Fortunately it turned out to be very severe acid reflux and after a dose of Omeprozole I was fit enough to drive again about 45 minutes after the final whistle.

Was terrified of a) popping my clogs, but also b) doing so in front of a load of Liverpool away fans.

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:10 - Aug 10 with 1457 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Were you watching us play a cup game at the time?
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:10 - Aug 10 with 1456 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:02 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Few years back I was shooting Leicester City v Liverpool at the King Power Stadium (as it was then). I started getting chest pains right on the diaphragm midway through the first half, by half time I was literally doubled up in pain.

I was checked over by St John's at half time, given a 12 lead etc etc, club doctor took a look at me too. Fortunately it turned out to be very severe acid reflux and after a dose of Omeprozole I was fit enough to drive again about 45 minutes after the final whistle.

Was terrified of a) popping my clogs, but also b) doing so in front of a load of Liverpool away fans.

I get big old ectopic beats which are caused by acid reflux.

Absolutely sucks.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:12 - Aug 10 with 1455 viewsronnyd

Best to get it checked out as you may have something called Atrial Fibrillation, which could, if left lead to a stroke. It sometimes rights itself but if it persists you may need medication and if that doesn't work, either a cardioversion or catheter ablation. Iv'e had both over the years and it's not too bad, but find out. As others have said. It may be something not too serious but best to make sure. Good luck.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:15 - Aug 10 with 1437 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:12 - Aug 10 by ronnyd

Best to get it checked out as you may have something called Atrial Fibrillation, which could, if left lead to a stroke. It sometimes rights itself but if it persists you may need medication and if that doesn't work, either a cardioversion or catheter ablation. Iv'e had both over the years and it's not too bad, but find out. As others have said. It may be something not too serious but best to make sure. Good luck.

Mrs Chelters? Is that you?

As I said, already checked out by the Doc. All OK, but thanks for the concern.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:18 - Aug 10 with 1433 viewstextbackup

So from birth I had a leaking heart valve, aged 9 I had a balloon (to open it up) then at 13 full heart surgery to replace the valve.
Was under Ipswich hospital care as a kid, and aged 18 moved to Papworth. 2 yearly check ups….

Anyway, about 5 months back I went to the gym, lifting semi decent dumbells on chest press, sat up and the palpitations were terrifying, went on for maybe 3/4 mins but felt hours.
After that, whether just in my head I’m unsure, but I’m sure I felt them still happening. So contacted papworth and they hooked me up to a week long heart monitor. Thankfully all came back clear.

After a bit of reading up I’ve cut out coffee, and touch wood, not felt anything again.

Sorry a bit long winded. But to put mind at rest speak to GP

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:23 - Aug 10 with 1414 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:18 - Aug 10 by textbackup

So from birth I had a leaking heart valve, aged 9 I had a balloon (to open it up) then at 13 full heart surgery to replace the valve.
Was under Ipswich hospital care as a kid, and aged 18 moved to Papworth. 2 yearly check ups….

Anyway, about 5 months back I went to the gym, lifting semi decent dumbells on chest press, sat up and the palpitations were terrifying, went on for maybe 3/4 mins but felt hours.
After that, whether just in my head I’m unsure, but I’m sure I felt them still happening. So contacted papworth and they hooked me up to a week long heart monitor. Thankfully all came back clear.

After a bit of reading up I’ve cut out coffee, and touch wood, not felt anything again.

Sorry a bit long winded. But to put mind at rest speak to GP

Fair play. What a story. Hope all is well now by the way.

To clear this up, the doc has given me the all clear as per my OP. But I'm genuinely grateful for all the concern

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:23 - Aug 10 with 1410 viewsronnyd

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:15 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mrs Chelters? Is that you?

As I said, already checked out by the Doc. All OK, but thanks for the concern.

Oops, missed that bit.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:25 - Aug 10 with 1405 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:10 - Aug 10 by DanTheMan

Absolutely sucks.

Wasn't Ectopic Beats a dance movement in the late 80's / early 90's came just after Acid?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 16:26]

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:26 - Aug 10 with 1402 viewstextbackup

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:23 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Fair play. What a story. Hope all is well now by the way.

To clear this up, the doc has given me the all clear as per my OP. But I'm genuinely grateful for all the concern

Best part of the story is when I woke up from the 8/9 hr surgery I looked at my parents and said ‘we beat the scum 5-0’
Op was shortly after that game 😂
And I didn’t miss a Town home game 👍🏻

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:36 - Aug 10 with 1355 viewshype313

Devil's Grip?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:40 - Aug 10 with 1346 viewsChondzoresk

I’m always getting them. Had ECGs and all is well. I have a high BP. On various tablets. I guess your best course of action is to go to your doctors and get checked out. Probably nothing, don’t wind yourself up. Do you eat food too quickly? That can cause them. Good luck.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:45 - Aug 10 with 1337 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:40 - Aug 10 by Chondzoresk

I’m always getting them. Had ECGs and all is well. I have a high BP. On various tablets. I guess your best course of action is to go to your doctors and get checked out. Probably nothing, don’t wind yourself up. Do you eat food too quickly? That can cause them. Good luck.

Don't wind yourself up he says. Posting on TWTD.

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 17:30 - Aug 10 with 1233 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:02 - Aug 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

I've had a very similar experience which culminated in experiencing a powerful sense of dread, as if the end was nigh during one particular episode of palpitations and chest pain.

After the necessary checks, I was put on omeprazole and it has made a world of difference. That was a few months ago now and I have been tapering the medication on the GP's advice. Have a check up soon where I expect I will be told to stop taking it altogether*, although not sure what the new proposal will be for the acid reflux problem.

*my understanding is that it is not supposed to be taken for extended periods, although that is based on my GP's advice and the medication's rubric. I am not a medical professional.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:06 - Aug 10 with 1193 viewsRyorry

Yeah, had SVT (slightly different version to what Tony Blair had). Put up with it for 20 years on just betablockers, but eventually episodes were too lengthy (sometimes over 4 hrs) & too severe to ignore (left me so short of breath I couldn't even walk a few steps), so had ablation procedure in late 2019, which happy to say has 95% sorted it out.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:24 - Aug 10 with 1154 viewsWickwar_Blue

Are you sufficiently hydrated? I suffer from them really badly if it’s warm/I’m dehydrated and if I then do exercise. I now know the circumstances that set them off.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:26 - Aug 10 with 1149 viewsPippin1970

I did, blacked out loads. On my 4th pacemaker. Had first one at 19.
Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:33 - Aug 10 with 1130 viewsWhos_blue

Anxiety, dehydration and excessive caffine can cause palpitations in the fittest of people.
I get them sometimes.
I tend to avoid caffine after 3pm.
I also sometimes get the feeling my heart has stopped altogether and it kicks back in with a big ol thud.
No idea what that is, but it isn't pleasant!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:46 - Aug 10 with 1084 viewsRyorry

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:33 - Aug 10 by Whos_blue

Anxiety, dehydration and excessive caffine can cause palpitations in the fittest of people.
I get them sometimes.
I tend to avoid caffine after 3pm.
I also sometimes get the feeling my heart has stopped altogether and it kicks back in with a big ol thud.
No idea what that is, but it isn't pleasant!

Ah, think there might be a bit of a mix-up re definitions here - what I had & was talking about was arrhythmia (I think Pippin was too as s/he has a pacemaker, which is the route gone down if ablation doesn't work). It's an identifiable thing that shows up on heart monitors - not a problem with the heart itself but the body's electrical 'wiring' to & from it.

I think 'palpitations' are something else, perhaps Badger can enlighten us?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:59 - Aug 10 with 1057 viewsDubtractor

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 16:10 - Aug 10 by DanTheMan

Absolutely sucks.

Snap. I've been taking omeprazole for a few years now, which reduces the acid reflux, but it still gets bad sometimes and yeah, the weird momentary throb in the chest is horrible.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 19:10 - Aug 10 with 1037 viewsWhos_blue

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 18:59 - Aug 10 by Dubtractor

Snap. I've been taking omeprazole for a few years now, which reduces the acid reflux, but it still gets bad sometimes and yeah, the weird momentary throb in the chest is horrible.

This place is amazing sometimes!
I get that and never knew what it was.
It makes me think "this is it" every time!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 20:07 - Aug 10 with 976 viewsjacko77

Anyone ever get heart palpitations? on 15:44 - Aug 10 by Eireannach_gorm

It wasn't coffee for me it was tea,was getting palpitations probably 5 or 6 time's a day,went onto decaff tea and they totally stopped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024