Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe postponements next weekend too 12:37 - Sep 9 with 4060 viewsSkip_Intro

accoring to a chap at The Telegraph...

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 12:40 - Sep 9 with 4021 viewsGarv

In fairness, that makes more sense than postponing this weekends fixtures.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 12:40 - Sep 9 with 4017 viewsSkip_Intro

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 12:40 - Sep 9 by Garv

agree 100%...
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:05 - Sep 9 with 3784 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Definitely Sunday, if funeral is that day.
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:23 - Sep 9 with 3716 viewsPinewoodblue

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:05 - Sep 9 by BtreeBlueBlood

Hoptit isn’t on the Sunday as it will upset Frimley, all those workers being denied an extra day off work.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:37 - Sep 9 with 3611 viewsFrimleyBlue

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:23 - Sep 9 by Pinewoodblue

Hoptit isn’t on the Sunday as it will upset Frimley, all those workers being denied an extra day off work.

Not sure why you've linked me with wanting a day off work? My thoughts have been about businesses and staff losing much needed funds.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:57 - Sep 9 with 3568 viewslegoman

Well thats it then...No more royalty. Worse than a traffic jam.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:09 - Sep 9 with 3506 viewsN2_Blue

Which is why i said it's a mad decision to postpone games this weekend. By postponing games this weekend you are basically postponing fixtures for the next 10 days.
Play games the weekend and midweek and sport goes on pause next weekend before funeral as mark of respect.

Its a really poor bit of decision making by PL and EFL. Other sports will be played this weekend. The football could and should have gone ahead with 2 min silence / black arm bands worn and next weekend is the mark of respect by not playing.

Gives everyone time to rearrange plans. Some people have already travelled for events that will not happen, some from overseas. Just poor

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 17:27 - Sep 9 with 3329 viewsDinDjarin

Funeral will be Monday although due to the fact she is still in Scotland probably Tuesday.
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 17:33 - Sep 9 with 3301 viewslegoman

Ime going camping.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 18:05 - Sep 9 with 3242 viewsMattinLondon

Can’t football matches outside of the capital go ahead?
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 18:23 - Sep 9 with 3189 viewsWallingford_Boy

State funerals can’t be on a Sunday.

RIP Sir Bobby

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 18:36 - Sep 9 with 3142 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 18:23 - Sep 9 by Wallingford_Boy

State funerals can’t be on a Sunday.

In the speech just now King Charles said the funeral would be in just over a week, so that sounds like Saturday 17th September.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 12:52 - Sep 10 with 2728 viewsLeaky

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:09 - Sep 9 by N2_Blue

Which is why i said it's a mad decision to postpone games this weekend. By postponing games this weekend you are basically postponing fixtures for the next 10 days.
Play games the weekend and midweek and sport goes on pause next weekend before funeral as mark of respect.

Its a really poor bit of decision making by PL and EFL. Other sports will be played this weekend. The football could and should have gone ahead with 2 min silence / black arm bands worn and next weekend is the mark of respect by not playing.

Gives everyone time to rearrange plans. Some people have already travelled for events that will not happen, some from overseas. Just poor

And all this in a year when the season is going to be halted for a World Cup in the middle of winter
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 12:53 - Sep 10 with 2719 viewsCityBlue

We don’t use police in the stadium anyway

I T I D

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 13:47 - Sep 10 with 2606 viewsDJR

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 18:36 - Sep 9 by WeWereZombies

In the speech just now King Charles said the funeral would be in just over a week, so that sounds like Saturday 17th September.

A bank holiday for the funeral has been announced. This suggests the funeral won't be on a Saturday or Sunday, and is pointing to some time in the week following next weekend.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 13:47]
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 13:44 - Sep 11 with 2270 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 13:47 - Sep 10 by DJR

A bank holiday for the funeral has been announced. This suggests the funeral won't be on a Saturday or Sunday, and is pointing to some time in the week following next weekend.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 13:47]

Yes, you're right. Monday the nineteenth.

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 13:52 - Sep 11 with 2241 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can’t see why the PL/EFL would take a different approach to this weekend, so I expect them to postpone again. Doesn’t seem necessary considering the royals/govt told them it wasn’t needed, but it is what it is.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 13:52]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 14:05 - Sep 11 with 2189 viewschicoazul

They were worried about unrest at matches this weekend. Only takes a couple of morons to start singing something they don’t even understand and it’ll kick off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 15:57 - Sep 11 with 2029 viewssw20tractor

Have just been told that my sons Sunday league in Surrey is postponing the start of their season until Sunday week. I would assume it’s following FA guidance so I’m not expecting any games at all next weekend.
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:10 - Sep 11 with 1984 viewsMeltonBlue

When will it actually be announced if the games are going ahead or not? Have the EFL said when they will announce the plans?
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:40 - Sep 11 with 1894 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:09 - Sep 9 by N2_Blue

Very sensible post. Agree entirely. Far too logical and well thought out for the football authorities to get it right
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 17:31 - Sep 11 with 1800 viewsDJR

If the football authorities really want to show respect, why stop at this weekend and next, why not cancel the whole season?
Maybe postponements next weekend too on 21:59 - Sep 11 with 1582 viewsWeWereZombies

Maybe postponements next weekend too on 16:10 - Sep 11 by MeltonBlue

When will it actually be announced if the games are going ahead or not? Have the EFL said when they will announce the plans?

I checked the BBC TV guide on the iPlayer and 'Match of the Day' ('Sportscene' in Scotland also) are on the schedules for next weekend (at the moment...)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024