Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 second rules for keepers… 18:24 - Oct 15 with 3241 viewsbrazil1981

why is it so blatantly ignored by refs? See it time after time…today counted over 20 seconds several time!!!!
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:25 - Oct 15 with 2817 viewsWickets

I think that has gone ?
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:28 - Oct 15 with 2791 viewshadleighboyblue

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:25 - Oct 15 by Wickets

I think that has gone ?

If it's gone , it's time it came back , plus players subbed leaving the pitch at the nearest point .
I hate all the blatant time wasting that goes on , why can't the refs book players who do it , that would soon stop it .
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:29 - Oct 15 with 2786 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's rarely applied. It seems to be there only as a threat and most refs will issue warnings before even thinking to apply it. I can't think of the last time I saw it used.

I didn't think he was that bad today, despite Westlake was saying on iFollow. We've seen a lot worse this season. Most of his time wasting only wasted a few seconds, and we did get 7 mins back at the end (not that we used them).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:32 - Oct 15 with 2772 viewsSailorBlue

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:28 - Oct 15 by hadleighboyblue

If it's gone , it's time it came back , plus players subbed leaving the pitch at the nearest point .
I hate all the blatant time wasting that goes on , why can't the refs book players who do it , that would soon stop it .

Don’t get me started on the goalie’s “cramp” then everyone retires to the touch line for tea & crumpets.
What’s wrong with modern football #53268345
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:36 - Oct 15 with 2750 viewsSwansea_Blue

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:32 - Oct 15 by SailorBlue

Don’t get me started on the goalie’s “cramp” then everyone retires to the touch line for tea & crumpets.
What’s wrong with modern football #53268345

They could be a bit more imaginative, couldn't they?

'Oh, ref, ref, I've gone down with scurvy and a touch of gonorrhea...'

A physio I used to use once was a club physio (not ours) and used to tell me about what had gone on previous games. Loads of the 'injuries' are put on. They've got call signs for when they're play acting to break up the game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:40 - Oct 15 with 2725 viewsbrazil1981

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:25 - Oct 15 by Wickets

I think that has gone ?

Not according to The FA website;

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:43 - Oct 15 with 2709 viewsSailorBlue

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:36 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

They could be a bit more imaginative, couldn't they?

'Oh, ref, ref, I've gone down with scurvy and a touch of gonorrhea...'

A physio I used to use once was a club physio (not ours) and used to tell me about what had gone on previous games. Loads of the 'injuries' are put on. They've got call signs for when they're play acting to break up the game.

If it’s so blatant why do refs allow it? Always occurs during spells of intense pressure, then suddenly the “break” in play, to halt the momentum. Like a time out, but this ain’t American football, we don’t have time outs!

At the v least officials should stop players going to touchline, only exception should be during the hot weather to take on fluids

Rant over.
6 second rules for keepers… on 18:44 - Oct 15 with 2708 viewsWickets

To be fair we have seen a lot worse time wasting at Portman Rd of late it did not start much until the last 20 minutes. But it does annoy me when the Ref turns his back on the keeper and just allows it to go on . An early booking as has happened in the Spurs / Everton game would stop the keeper. Thought the Ref did a good job today apart from that .
Login to get fewer ads

6 second rules for keepers… on 20:20 - Oct 15 with 2506 viewsjnp2408

This has been a frustration more than once, got me thinking about it on the way home.

Instead of jeering the goalkeeper when he has the ball in his hands, what if the whole stadium just started to count, it would potentially put the keeper under pressure to get rid faster and the referees wouldn't be able to act all ignorant like they do now!
6 second rules for keepers… on 23:12 - Oct 15 with 2304 viewsLankHenners

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:43 - Oct 15 by SailorBlue

If it’s so blatant why do refs allow it? Always occurs during spells of intense pressure, then suddenly the “break” in play, to halt the momentum. Like a time out, but this ain’t American football, we don’t have time outs!

At the v least officials should stop players going to touchline, only exception should be during the hot weather to take on fluids

Rant over.

To be fair they can't really ignore a injury even if they think the player's milking it. They've got to treat it seriously and all they can really do is add time on to account for the stoppage in play.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

6 second rules for keepers… on 02:32 - Oct 16 with 2157 viewsbournemouthblue

6 second rules for keepers… on 23:12 - Oct 15 by LankHenners

To be fair they can't really ignore a injury even if they think the player's milking it. They've got to treat it seriously and all they can really do is add time on to account for the stoppage in play.

Which with 7 minutes, they might have done a bit?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

6 second rules for keepers… on 12:43 - Oct 16 with 1928 viewsRonFearonsHair

6 second rules for keepers… on 20:20 - Oct 15 by jnp2408

This has been a frustration more than once, got me thinking about it on the way home.

Instead of jeering the goalkeeper when he has the ball in his hands, what if the whole stadium just started to count, it would potentially put the keeper under pressure to get rid faster and the referees wouldn't be able to act all ignorant like they do now!

This used to happen a lot when the law was first brought in and hadn't been forgotten about.
6 second rules for keepers… on 15:36 - Oct 16 with 1823 viewsHighgateBlue

It's ridiculous. It's like refs don't know the rules.

It's precise and clear. It's not just like a generalised edict not to waste time - it should be part and parcel of what a keeper knows he has to avoid whenever he has the ball, just like he doesn't come out of his area holding it. The whole crowd shout when there's even the slightest chance that his hand's contact with the ball is outside the area, but nobody seems to care when the 6 second rule is consistently breached throughout a game. It's just weird. Maybe fans don't know the rule either?

I made this complaint during another recent game, and nobody seemed to give a flying f***. It's just a basic rule of football that should be applied. There's not really any room for controversy. But maybe that's precisely why nobody's interested...
6 second rules for keepers… on 17:26 - Oct 16 with 1753 viewsITFC_Forever

6 second rules for keepers… on 18:28 - Oct 15 by hadleighboyblue

Players don’t have to leave the pitch by the nearest point if they think they’re at risk of abuse from the crowd.

That said, I’ve never seen a player leave as quickly as the Cambridge / Pompey (can’t remember which) guy a couple of weeks ago.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

6 second rules for keepers… on 17:44 - Oct 16 with 1724 viewsArnoldMoorhen

This is a great idea!

The whole North Stand doing it in unison would be awesome.
6 second rules for keepers… on 08:37 - Oct 17 with 1519 viewsRobTheMonk

Genuinely brilliant idea.

The time-wasting crap in football needs to be looked at by the footballing powers that be.
6 second rules for keepers… on 08:52 - Oct 17 with 1491 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

6 second rules for keepers… on 08:37 - Oct 17 by RobTheMonk

Genuinely brilliant idea.

The time-wasting crap in football needs to be looked at by the footballing powers that be.

Do you guys not go to games? The North Stand does this already and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the ref.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

6 second rules for keepers… on 08:57 - Oct 17 with 1472 viewsRadlett_blue

Disagree. Even if a players has a serious injury (99% of the time it isn't remotely serious) laying still on the ground for a minute or so will do him no harm whatsoever.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

6 second rules for keepers… on 09:00 - Oct 17 with 1463 viewsRadlett_blue

6 second rules for keepers… on 12:43 - Oct 16 by RonFearonsHair

This used to happen a lot when the law was first brought in and hadn't been forgotten about.

Yes, I recall it happening for most of the game at St James Park when Newcastle were hosting Bolton when they had a decent time & Fat Sam was in charge of Bolton. The home fans kept chanting the countdown, the keeper kept breaking the laws & the referee did nothing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top idea and arfs on 10:48 - Oct 17 with 1365 viewsDyland

I like, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

6 second rules for keepers… on 10:49 - Oct 17 with 1363 viewsDyland

6 second rules for keepers… on 08:52 - Oct 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Do you guys not go to games? The North Stand does this already and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the ref.

More people need to join in then... I'm in upper North nearish front and I've never heard this.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

6 second rules for keepers… on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 1301 viewsWickets

6 second rules for keepers… on 10:49 - Oct 17 by Dyland

More people need to join in then... I'm in upper North nearish front and I've never heard this.

It does go on sometimes but not from many and I suspect that many same as me thought it had been discontinued. Perhaps now we know it is still in force we might hear it more .
6 second rules for keepers… on 11:28 - Oct 17 with 1259 viewsArnoldMoorhen

6 second rules for keepers… on 08:52 - Oct 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Can't hear it from the SAR lower, sorry! More like a general hubbub!
6 second rules for keepers… on 12:37 - Oct 17 with 1191 viewsVaughan8

The Injury minutes never add up to the total time wasted.

The only way to stop it is to stop the watch. However we'll probably only end the game about 5:15pm (assuming 3pm start....!)
6 second rules for keepers… on 12:55 - Oct 17 with 1147 viewsjonbull88

I’ve always thought as a bit of jeopardy, if a keeper goes down and needs the physio, make them go off for 10 seconds. Also any player who’s down injured, if they’re not too bad, make them go off for treatment, otherwise, make them stay off for the length of time they’re injured. Would soon stop time wasters.

I do also believe with all the tech, the gane time should stop whenever there is a break in play, then blow at 90
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 12:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024