Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge manager on the red card… 22:19 - Oct 18 with 2747 viewsSitfcB

Refreshing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:27 - Oct 18 with 2560 viewsberkstractorboy

Being genuine or sarcasm?
Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:31 - Oct 18 with 2492 viewsThrobbe

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:27 - Oct 18 by berkstractorboy

I heard the interview on the drive home. It was absolutely genuine.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:33 - Oct 18 with 2467 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Doesn't help us any but it is refreshing. Ultimately the only real difference it makes is robbing Edwards of the chance to get pitch time and giving someone else that pitch time instead during his suspension. Plus, a defeat on McKenna's record if anyone takes any notice of the results in this competition.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:34 - Oct 18 with 2454 viewsSitfcB

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:27 - Oct 18 by berkstractorboy

Genuine, he spoke well after the game at PR the other week as well.

COYB

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:35 - Oct 18 with 2436 viewsSmithy

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:34 - Oct 18 by SitfcB

Genuine, he spoke well after the game at PR the other week as well.

Can it be appealed?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:36 - Oct 18 with 2417 viewsberkstractorboy

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:31 - Oct 18 by Throbbe

I heard the interview on the drive home. It was absolutely genuine.

Fair play to Bonnar for that. Hopefully the FA can use that in the context of how to deal with the ref as if an oppo manager says no red and a penalty the other way then just maybe the ref has made a big mistake.

I am looking forward to the 2nd half of the season as if the 'luck' with decisions is to even out over a season we have got some gifts to come our way.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 22:40]
Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:36 - Oct 18 with 2404 viewsSitfcB

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:35 - Oct 18 by Smithy

Can it be appealed?

No, can’t appeal a sending off from 2 yellows.

Will only miss the next pizza cup game anyway.

COYB

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:38 - Oct 18 with 2379 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:35 - Oct 18 by Smithy

Can it be appealed?

It was two yellow cards which I don't think can. The ref had a clear view of the incident so it would be seen as a frivolous appeal if we did appeal it. Had other ones that everyone agreed was never a red card and they upheld them because the referee saw it clearly at the time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 23:46 - Oct 18 with 1964 viewsBondiBlue

Keen on the ipswich job if and when mckenna gets poached? I'd definitely have him on a shortlist if i was ashton.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 00:14 - Oct 19 with 1857 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:38 - Oct 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was two yellow cards which I don't think can. The ref had a clear view of the incident so it would be seen as a frivolous appeal if we did appeal it. Had other ones that everyone agreed was never a red card and they upheld them because the referee saw it clearly at the time.

" The ref had a clear view of the incident ..."

That's clearly b0llocks - if he'd had a clear view he wouldn't have made such a joke decision.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 02:48 - Oct 19 with 1689 viewsbournemouthblue

At least it happened in a totally meaningless came, not that Cambridge fans will mind I imagine

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 06:27 - Oct 19 with 1497 viewsChrisd

He seems a very reasonable and balanced manager. His assessment after our league encounter was honest and sincere. It is refreshing to hear a manager talk in this manner instead of having a twisted ideology of a game which is completely biased in their own team’s favour.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 08:13 - Oct 19 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 22:38 - Oct 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

We can’t appeal. But the ref didn’t have a clear view and shouldn’t have made such a game changing decision.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 08:37 - Oct 19 with 992 viewsDarth_Koont

Cambridge manager on the red card… on 00:14 - Oct 19 by BasingstokeBlue

" The ref had a clear view of the incident ..."

That's clearly b0llocks - if he'd had a clear view he wouldn't have made such a joke decision.

Agreed.

The clear view was the angle of the match coverage. The ref was side-on to the incident and any contact.

Having said that, the camera view was the lino/assistant ref’s view. But looks like he gave the ref zero help.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024