Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new creative player in jan 07:06 - Nov 3 with 3370 viewskeanekipper

i think a real good creative no 10 will be the icing on the cake in January, our current no10's are finishers i dont see them as good creators.

whos out there who fits the mold? the one off the top of my head would be brannigan from oxford but not sure how realistic that would be, anis mehmeti at wycombe also has abit of off the cuff magic in him who could be an option.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 7:27]
A new creative player in jan on 09:02 - Nov 3 with 2973 viewsGuthrum

If I understand Xg correctly, we're already creating more chances than anyone else in League One.

I also find it slightly odd that one slightly freaky result (a draw, partly due to a couple of defensive slips*) is leading to calls for a significant ovehaul of a squad which is currently second placed in the division, with a significant gap down to third and a large one to sixth.

* Walton losing the ball for a tap-in, Davis getting out-jumped at the back post and the ball going over the 'keeper. Both players who have contributed greatly to the games we've won.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

A new creative player in jan on 09:06 - Nov 3 with 2954 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I don't think it's imperative that we do tbh.

But if a deal for Bersant Celina can be done, we should do it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

A new creative player in jan on 09:12 - Nov 3 with 2927 viewsGuthrum

A new creative player in jan on 09:06 - Nov 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't believe it can be, for visa reasons, even should we wish to (which I'm not convinced by, at the moment).

A new creative player in jan on 09:13 - Nov 3 with 2918 viewskeanekipper

A new creative player in jan on 09:02 - Nov 3 by Guthrum

If I understand Xg correctly, we're already creating more chances than anyone else in League One.

I also find it slightly odd that one slightly freaky result (a draw, partly due to a couple of defensive slips*) is leading to calls for a significant ovehaul of a squad which is currently second placed in the division, with a significant gap down to third and a large one to sixth.

* Walton losing the ball for a tap-in, Davis getting out-jumped at the back post and the ball going over the 'keeper. Both players who have contributed greatly to the games we've won.

not a squad overhaul, just one player of that type will finish the team off and offer something a little different to what we have in the team.

Also silly to stand still, constantly need to be improving.
A new creative player in jan on 09:15 - Nov 3 with 2903 viewsBobbychase

A new creative player in jan on 09:13 - Nov 3 by keanekipper

not a squad overhaul, just one player of that type will finish the team off and offer something a little different to what we have in the team.

I think some of our players will improve and become more effective as the season goes on, we're already seeing it with Ladapo and Edwards and I think TJJ will be the next to really fire.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

A new creative player in jan on 10:30 - Nov 3 with 2826 viewsjayessess

Branagan signed a new contract just this Summer. Wouldn't really say he's the "creative spark" type either, more of a Tommy Miller, box-to-box midfielder. It would be a strange move to buy another one of those when we've not had any use out of Pan Camara yet.

Mehmeti's a good player, goes past people, scores great goals, but I think he might possibly be a bit of a highlights reel player. His stats for getting dispossessed and mis-controlling the ball are worse than any Ipswich player. He's nothing special on chance creation and roughly Conor Chaplin's level in front of goal.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A new creative player in jan on 10:33 - Nov 3 with 2811 viewshype313

Chaplins off form a little at the moment but he'll come good, Aluko will be back in January too, don't see a need personally for another number 10.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A new creative player in jan on 10:37 - Nov 3 with 2793 viewsJ2BLUE

This. It's really tedious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

A new creative player in jan on 11:08 - Nov 3 with 2731 viewskeanekipper

A new creative player in jan on 10:37 - Nov 3 by J2BLUE

This. It's really tedious.

Again not suggesting a change of squad, it adding to what we have got already, to hopefully push us over the line. like the Marcus Stewart signing.(which didnt work for automatics)
A new creative player in jan on 11:38 - Nov 3 with 2652 viewsRozz

Agree we don't have a luxury creative type player, but don't think it's a necessity and you also risk unbalancing our press. Every summer addition was far more athletic than Celina.

I think Harness + Chaplin first choice, similar workrate, tidy enough, both finish well (mostly). Edwards, Aluko, Jackson all bring different attributes.

I think we'll go for a striker, probably renew our interest in Keane, but only if the money is right.
A new creative player in jan on 11:54 - Nov 3 with 2614 viewsGuthrum

Sorry, not meaning to have a go at you. But there have been a number of threads about adding (sometimes multiple) players to what is already quite a large squad - which does also have an EFL limit on the number who can be registered for the League. Tho there is space for, IIRC, one more age 20+ outfield player.

I'm not sure there are too many gaps in the squad, as things stand. We're (mostly) pretty defensively tight, play out from the back and use wide areas well, create lots and score goals. We've coped with a series of injuries and a suspension without really losing momentum. As I posted elsewhere, getting in big men to defend aerial balls at the back post may well inhibit our ability to push CBs up and launch attacks.

Sure, it would be good to hire improvements on the men we have, but they aren't going to be easy to find at this level. A lot of the ones we already have are top class for L1.

A new creative player in jan on 13:01 - Nov 3 with 2450 viewsEdmundo

I always think of Keegan buying Tino Asprilla back in 96 when I see these conversations. Totally unbalanced the team and arguably blew their season. We are not 10 points clear, and you could always counter this argument with us buying Marcus Stewart in 2000,but I would say that nowadays there's little to gain and a lot to lose going for "one last jigsaw piece " in the January window.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

A new creative player in jan on 13:02 - Nov 3 with 2445 viewsRobTheMonk

I've been banging the drum for a good progressive passer in that attacking midfield role since Celina left.
A new creative player in jan on 13:08 - Nov 3 with 2429 viewsblueislander

A new creative player in jan on 13:02 - Nov 3 by RobTheMonk

I've been banging the drum for a good progressive passer in that attacking midfield role since Celina left.

I don’t think Celina is the sort of player that McKenna would sign. He doesn’t seem likely to buy into the work ethic shared by the current squad.
A new creative player in jan on 13:11 - Nov 3 with 2418 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A new creative player in jan on 13:08 - Nov 3 by blueislander

I don’t think Celina is the sort of player that McKenna would sign. He doesn’t seem likely to buy into the work ethic shared by the current squad.

nonsense.

Celina ran his socks off.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

A new creative player in jan on 13:18 - Nov 3 with 2386 viewsblueislander

A new creative player in jan on 13:11 - Nov 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

nonsense.

Celina ran his socks off.

The work ethic is not just about running. It is being disciplined and fitting in to a system ,
A new creative player in jan on 13:27 - Nov 3 with 2355 viewsGuthrum

A new creative player in jan on 13:02 - Nov 3 by RobTheMonk

Is Evans not our progressive passer? Besides which, we now concentrate a lot more on dribbling, short passing and working across the pitch, to get around crowded defences which it is not so easy to thread balls through.

A new creative player in jan on 13:57 - Nov 3 with 2300 viewsRobTheMonk

A new creative player in jan on 13:27 - Nov 3 by Guthrum

Is Evans not our progressive passer? Besides which, we now concentrate a lot more on dribbling, short passing and working across the pitch, to get around crowded defences which it is not so easy to thread balls through.

Evans is our dictator of play.

Chaplin and Harness have limitations with their passing and I'd like someone in that position who can thread a ball through a gap.
A new creative player in jan on 14:01 - Nov 3 with 2287 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A new creative player in jan on 13:18 - Nov 3 by blueislander

The work ethic is not just about running. It is being disciplined and fitting in to a system ,

He fit in to the last system perfectly well.

Considering we are closer to a 4231 now, he can play in any of those 3 behind the striker fairly easily and still be a standout player in this division like he was last year.

A new creative player in jan on 16:03 - Nov 3 with 2169 viewsblueislander

A new creative player in jan on 14:01 - Nov 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

He fit in to the last system perfectly well.

Considering we are closer to a 4231 now, he can play in any of those 3 behind the striker fairly easily and still be a standout player in this division like he was last year.

He was only fleetingly “stand out” much of the time he was ineffective, and occasionally looked as though he didn’t care that much. He has a lot of talent for sure, but I stand by my original comment that he not best suited to this squad of players.
A new creative player in jan on 20:00 - Nov 3 with 2004 viewsHighgateBlue

Absolutely! How can a game in which we scored 4 goals prompt calls for a goal creator...? :/
A new creative player in jan on 10:12 - Nov 4 with 1740 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

A new creative player in jan on 16:03 - Nov 3 by blueislander

He was only fleetingly “stand out” much of the time he was ineffective, and occasionally looked as though he didn’t care that much. He has a lot of talent for sure, but I stand by my original comment that he not best suited to this squad of players.

"occasionally looked as though he didn’t care that much"

Waffle

A new creative player in jan on 13:34 - Nov 4 with 1652 viewsbournemouthblue

The number 10's we have currently are fine, I'd suggest a goalscoring striker would probably add that bit more magic

We have Ladapo who is alright and TJJ who is talented but not quite the finished article

A genuinely quality striker, capable of stepping up to the Championship would add a lot to this side

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

A new creative player in jan on 13:40 - Nov 4 with 1638 viewsFrimleyBlue

A new creative player in jan on 13:34 - Nov 4 by bournemouthblue

The number 10's we have currently are fine, I'd suggest a goalscoring striker would probably add that bit more magic

We have Ladapo who is alright and TJJ who is talented but not quite the finished article

A genuinely quality striker, capable of stepping up to the Championship would add a lot to this side

High on priority imo has to be someone who can play the 10 like Aluko and keep hold of the ball.

Get that and it will help us in those final 20 minutes of games.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A new creative player in jan on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 1604 viewsBiGDonnie

A new creative player in jan on 09:06 - Nov 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Agreed.

#BringBersantBack

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024