Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope this is OK to post this. 11:43 - Jan 18 with 4071 viewspafcprogs

Some of you will have seen I occasionally post here on the ( probably temporary) rivalry between our clubs as we challenge for promotion.

Yesterday I had a private message from an Ipswich TWTD member suggesting I should post something that has appeared on the Argyle board recently. I am doing so and appreciate his consideration and thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit.

Some things are bigger than football. I think this is one of them. This young man could have been any clubs supporter. He happens to be a Green.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jaydens-dreams-come-true-through-his-dipg-journey?utm

It is a tough read and as any parent will know, every parents worst nightmare.

The club have reached out and Jayden and his brother have been invited to be mascots for a future game.

Many individuals and the Pasoti Good Deeds Fund have also made contributions to help Jaydens family make his memories for as long as he can.

I recognise that there are almost certainly other clubs fans who will experience similar issues. As I say, I was asked to post this by a Town fan, and so in the spirit of friendship and respect between the clubs I am doing so.

I appreciate your time in reading this and for anyone who feels moved to respond in any way to help Jayden I thank you on his families behalf.

PAFC Progs

I hope this is OK to post this. on 11:55 - Jan 18 with 3912 viewsJuggsy

Oh what a sickener, my thoughts go to Jayden and his family.

I experienced the young son of a close friend go through the same thing some years ago. Absolutely harrowing and unimaginably life changing thing to happen to any family.

Hopefully he will have time to experience life to the fullest and make memories for his family to cherish.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:02 - Jan 18 with 3854 viewshomer_123

It's got dusty here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:25 - Jan 18 with 3732 viewsLeBlue

So very sad, stay strong Jayden.

Deserved a sticky does this post.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:34 - Jan 18 with 3688 viewsclive_baker

This is heartbreaking to read. As a father myself to 2 younger than Jayden I can't even begin to imagine how a family begins to deal with news like this. It's crazy how our worlds can be turned upside down in a flash, and it's sickening that this has to be a reality for anyone.

It goes without saying that it's bigger than football, I dare say nobody would need reminding of that when they read such a story.

If anyone associated with this little chap reads this, my thoughts are with you all. I hope the treatment is effective in so much as it can be. I'll make a donation, hopefully it helps in some small way towards making life a little easier at such a horrible time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:38 - Jan 18 with 3616 viewsChurchman

Agreed, some things are more important than football and this is one of them. I hope as many good memories as possible are created for him and his family in the coming months.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 3556 viewsnoggin

This is so sad. I can't imagine what the family and poor Jayden are going through.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 3531 viewsGavTWTD

Desperately upsetting. I've donated but wished I could have left a note too but it seemed to have skipped that step. Best wishes to all.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 3444 viewswrightsrightglove

Donated, thank you for sharing. Absolutely devastating to read
Login to get fewer ads

I hope this is OK to post this. on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 3401 viewsTalkingBlues

Donated, very sad.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

I hope this is OK to post this. on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 3330 viewsmonkeymagic

Sincere thanks for posting this. Due to our new found rivalry, I’ve been visiting PASOTI quite regularly and saw the article about Jayden, which really touched me. It certainly put my post Saturday frustration into perspective and reminded me what’s important. I hope the PAFC and ITFC fan bases can unite behind this incredibly worthwhile fundraiser and bring a little comfort to the family at this terrible time.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 13:56 - Jan 18 with 3178 viewsBiGDonnie

That poor boy and family, I hope he sees Plymouth promoted. Have donated.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I hope this is OK to post this. on 14:49 - Jan 18 with 3042 viewssotd78

I made a small donation and left a note. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

I hope this is OK to post this. on 21:19 - Jan 18 with 2154 viewsTVRBlue

So sad to read this.

Donated.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 1408 viewspafcprogs

Can I just say thank you to all of you who have been generous enough to donate.

I don't have the words for what you have done when I see so many donations from Ipswich fans in the recent messages.

I am humbled by your generosity...although not surprised.

Once again, thank you.
I hope this is OK to post this. on 14:18 - Jan 19 with 1259 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely heartbreaking. Donated.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I hope this is OK to post this. on 14:47 - Jan 19 with 1198 viewsJack27

Every parents worst nightmare. Donated.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024