Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 13:23 - Jan 20 with 3954 viewsKeno

what would the best TWTD team be?

For instance I played left midfield 4 times for my 6th form grammar school.

What you got TWTD!! See who can beat that!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 19:49 - Jan 20 with 674 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I coached my small primary school team when I was a teacher and we won the local, county, regional and then national school championships.

So I'll volunteer to set out cones and hand out the bibs.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 19:56 - Jan 20 with 648 viewsChurchman

There’s some decent footballers on here! I wasn’t.

A midfield clogger of the poorest kind. I could play now, as long as somebody held down the mush I was marking and I can have a golf buggy. I actually played in two rubbish standard Cup Finals. Lost one 4-0 (opponents were two divisions higher and slaughtered us). Ahhh the Catford and Distrct League…. Played the other at Bromley’s ground. Lost 7-1. We collapsed like a Truss/Kwarteng budget.

In my mind, I was a decent player - but only after a lot of beer. I was rubbish.

I’ll help with the half time oranges. Was there ever a point to those?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 19:57]
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 632 viewsOldsmoker

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 19:56 - Jan 20 by Churchman

There’s some decent footballers on here! I wasn’t.

A midfield clogger of the poorest kind. I could play now, as long as somebody held down the mush I was marking and I can have a golf buggy. I actually played in two rubbish standard Cup Finals. Lost one 4-0 (opponents were two divisions higher and slaughtered us). Ahhh the Catford and Distrct League…. Played the other at Bromley’s ground. Lost 7-1. We collapsed like a Truss/Kwarteng budget.

In my mind, I was a decent player - but only after a lot of beer. I was rubbish.

I’ll help with the half time oranges. Was there ever a point to those?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 19:57]

I was told by the coach that when compared to the other players I made them look good.
Praise indeed.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 21:05 - Jan 20 with 604 viewsjudespiveyg

Like to think my young age of 21 gives me a good shot of making the team. Played from 8 to 16 as a full back for a decent Fram side, U18s played CDM for Wickham. Now taking it easy as a wing back for a pretty average Occold side in the SIL. Realistically I could play a couple of divisions higher but uni means I'm not around much and I still want to start and get a full 90 when I do play. Current career highlight was marking Zak Brown (who went on to play for Ipswich) in a school match so well to the point he swapped wings at half time.

Very quick and have got a big engine, also very scrappy. Mostly play wing back but can play anywhere from the left of a back three (couple of inches too short for CB in a 4) to a headless chicken of a striker.

Certainly not going to help any chances of a fair play award.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 21:14 - Jan 20 with 584 viewsChurchman

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 20:16 - Jan 20 by Oldsmoker

I was told by the coach that when compared to the other players I made them look good.
Praise indeed.

Much the same with me. The coach liked my ability to ‘slow down’ better players - which most of them were! The trick was not to get booked which in those days meant a fine.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 503 viewsgramps

Played a couple of times for Fisons and also for Nacton Utd. Scored a great goal for them. The reporter in the Green 'Un said, 'Nacton scored with an unstoppable shot from just outside the penalty area'. Pity he didn't know my name - would have liked to see it in print!

GRAMPS

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 10:35 - Jan 21 with 493 viewsCaptainAhab

If you still need a centre back sign me up.
Captain of Stow High many moons ago and pretty sure I could still do a job.
Unnecessary aggression and running very fast were my main skillsets. I used to run sub 12 seconds in the 100m and I reckon I could still do it under 20. I would need to stop and be sick afterwards though.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 489 viewsHerbivore

My best role back in the day was probably as a number 10 but I also played right back and right midfield for my college team. Played one game against a sixth form in Surrey and was marking someone who was, allegedly, on Fulham's books. I need to remember to take him out of my pocket at some point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 11:10 - Jan 21 with 468 viewsleitrimblue

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 18:56 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

It would have been 80 - 81 i was playing. Trying to think of who else we played in our league but the only name i recall is Feering Falcons

Would have been about the same time period for myself. Think it was under 11,s. I played for the not so mighty HMP Gunners, we were awful. Cornard Dynamoes only team I remember name of.
TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 12:17 - Jan 21 with 447 viewsSE1blue

I’ve driven minibuses across France, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands. I also once rode a Vespa in Italy.

I can be the driver for the inevitable European tour, as long as the team wears their full kit to save space and we limit the squad to 16 including management, physios etc.

Happy to help.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:12 - Jan 21 with 421 viewsVic

I’ll throw my hat into the ring as a versatile squad player. In over 20 yrs of local league football footie I played a few seasons in goal, several at centre half, quite a few in midfield and also upfront when needs must, with a good scoring record when I did.

Haven’t played for a few years, and now just past the 60 mark so my speed might have dropped a bit but I’m sure the boots still fit, and the head is willing.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

TWTD best 11 - having done the Ipswich 11 on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 416 viewsstrikalite

Played alongside Jason Dozzell for Needham Phoenix in
the suffolk&Essex schoolboy league back in the day for a few seasons...I don't mind coming off the bench as long as my groin injury passes a fitness test that is..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024