Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? 11:19 - Apr 3 with 3734 viewsMeadowlark

Sone Aluko.
He hasn't t done much wrong has he?

Also. I know this is controversial but we haven't missed Evans.
I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:12 - Apr 3 with 607 viewsTrumptonBlue

Feel a bit sorry for Kayden Jackson, who was good in both games against Burnley and hasn't had much of a sniff since (1 start and 5 subs) but, yeah, you can't argue with team selection at the moment and I wouldn't be picking him ahead of anyone else right now.
I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:15 - Apr 3 with 591 viewsKropotkin123

Alukon is great for seeing out a game imo. But generally doesn't do enough in converting his talent (at this stage of his career) into goals and assists.

On Evans, we missed him a lot in the first injury period. Luongo has been great. Perhaps better.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 15:16]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:19 - Apr 3 with 572 viewsFrimleyBlue

One thing our squad depth does help with apart from availability is the ability to train with high quality players daily.

Going into games having trained against the likes of Aluko. Keogh. Ball etc. Those selected for games have had tough physical training sessions against top quality players.

For Humphreys for example.. training will be massive for his development learning from various types of top level players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:25 - Apr 3 with 568 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aluko has been a useful part of the squad who I doubt expected to be first choice anyway. I would imagine he has a coaching role lined up. I don't think your Evans comment is controversial at all. We did miss him before Luongo came in and I think it is more a comment on Luongo than Evans. The same could be said about Donacien and Clarke, Ladapo and Hirst, even Leigh and Davis. Broadhead has been a step up on Harness/Aluko too.

The truth is, without those upgrades we would be looking at a play-off place rather than a chance of automatic promotion.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:32 - Apr 3 with 553 viewsStenvict

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 13:13 - Apr 3 by TalkingBlues

Aluko was never going to get a look in with a fully fit squad, but he provided great cover and gave us something different going forward.

Evans is the only player in our squad with what really has to be described as premier league vision and execution of a pass, but he is old, slow, frequently injured and lacks mettle in defence, great for kicking someone up in the air, but second best to a lot of 50/50 balls that require some mobility. We'd like a 5+ year younger version, but then he'd probably be playing 2 leagues above us and unobtainable, it is what it is, it's a coup to have him in League 1 tbh. Have we missed him? Yes and No, probably not as much as I expected tbh; we've missed that pass execution which gets our wide players in great positions and of course the quality from dead ball situations, but in this league, there's also a lot to be said for having physicality in the midfield, especially when you have a possession based style of play and Luongo has given us that and let's face it, both he and Morsy are capable of playing a lovely pass.

Lee Evans is 28...

Poll: What will be announced first?

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 16:27 - Apr 3 with 497 viewsBigCommon

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 12:10 - Apr 3 by BuffaloBill

I do think we have a weakness though. However it really won't be a factor I doubt. When we bring on Freddie I can't ever see him look like scoring. Harsh I know but if we were to be behind after say 70 mins I just can't see the "impact subs" making an actual impact.

Sure I'll get shot down but as I sat we really don't need to worry about such things!

Good point.... The really big difference in Hirst to FL imo, is that GH is putting away like 1 in 2 chances atm..Probably doing Hirst a disservice there, too. He scored from his only real chance on Saturday. Apart from a really speculative 25 harder that went miles wide...
I like Freddy, but the slight concern now is his lack of minutes, having played his way into some decent form just as Hirst arrived. I just hope he's retained a bit of sharpness and won't need a run of games to get going again. Because he won't get them, now. I'm sure he'll contribute between now and the end of season. I think his back to goal contribution is good. Perfect for the likes of Chaplin, Broadhead and Burns to feed off of, imo.
I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 16:31 - Apr 3 with 490 viewsParky

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 11:27 - Apr 3 by blueislander

It seems that Aluko is being prepared for a coaching role.

Not from what I’ve been told. Apparently already told he can move on and think he’s already in talks / discussions and re-locating.
I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 444 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 13:37 - Apr 3 by Darth_Koont

I think Harness is underrated. He gives us energy, defends high up but can help out the midfield and gets into great positions in and around the box.

There’s no-one else who gets through more effective work on and off the ball in that central attacking midfield area. So even though he’s unlikely to dislodge Chaplin or Broadhead, he’s certainly a great option coming off the bench, either to offer us something different when we’re not enjoying as much space or to help us protect a lead.

Energy and great positions isn't enough though. He frequently loses the ball, either in those great positions... or dangerous ones. I think the criticism in this thread is spot on. Not a bad player but not up to the quality of the rest of the midfield.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 17:00 - Apr 3 with 408 viewsTalkingBlues

I'm not complaining, but do you know who I feel sorry for? on 15:32 - Apr 3 by Stenvict

Lee Evans is 28...

Is that all he is? Crikey, doesn’t move like one though, too many injuries methinks

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024