Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results 12:43 - Apr 18 with 2038 viewsIllinoisblue

And I’m a fool so here goes:

Shrewsbury v Plymouth. Plymouth win. We’ve seen all season that Plymouth always seem to find a way when needed and with Shrewsbury not looking as solid as they were a couple months ago, going for a 2-1 Argyle win.

Bristol Rovers v Sheff Weds. Rovers are good at home against the better teams and Barton will always get his team fired up. Weds obviously out of form and probably the most limited team of the top four (weird to say that about a team who went 23 unbeaten but even their fans are unconvinced by them). Can see a 2-2 draw in this one.

Lincoln v Barnsley. Imps can always spring a decent result and don’t lose many. However, Barnsley are scoring for fun and seem to have no nerves right now, their manager doing really well. Going for a 2-1 Barnsley win.

Ipswich v Port Vale. Nothing to say. Just win. Could be a scrappy ugly 1-0 win for all I care. Just win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 12:53 - Apr 18 with 1968 viewsSomethingBlue

Think everyone else pulls a win out tonight. We need to make sure we are on it — crowd as much as team.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:13 - Apr 18 with 1832 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 12:53 - Apr 18 by SomethingBlue

Think everyone else pulls a win out tonight. We need to make sure we are on it — crowd as much as team.

That would not be a surprise; not really buying into the other teams having tough away games narrative. And despite their turmoil and their fans being in shock, I’m still not convinced Wednesday are out of this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:45 - Apr 18 with 1674 viewssuffolkpoker

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:13 - Apr 18 by Illinoisblue

That would not be a surprise; not really buying into the other teams having tough away games narrative. And despite their turmoil and their fans being in shock, I’m still not convinced Wednesday are out of this.

Wednesday are close to last chance saloon. If Wednesday or Barnsley dont win and Plymouth and us win. Its nearly nailed on, assuming Barnsley dont beat us.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:47 - Apr 18 with 1661 viewstractorboy1978

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 12:53 - Apr 18 by SomethingBlue

Lincoln have only lost once at home all season and not been beaten by a top 4 side home or away yet.

I think Barton will have Bristol Rovers fired up too.

I will be surprised if one of the 3 doesn't drop points.
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1614 viewsBiGDonnie

Town Win.
Plymouth Loss
Wednesday Draw
Barnsley Win

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 1545 viewsMeltonBlue

Shrewsbury 1 Plymouth 0

Bristol Rovers 2 Wednesday 1

Lincoln 1 Barnsley 1

Ipswich 4 port vale 1
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:59 - Apr 18 with 1529 viewsBluroo

The odds of all 3 winning away from home has to be pretty darn slim, surely?
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:04 - Apr 18 with 1506 viewsGeoffSentence

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:13 - Apr 18 by Illinoisblue

Wednesday are still well and truly in it. We have seen how quickly things can turn. They could go on a run of four now and make it if we slip at all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:04 - Apr 18 with 1498 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:59 - Apr 18 by Bluroo

The odds of all 3 winning away from home has to be pretty darn slim, surely?

About 4/1 I reckon.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:11 - Apr 18 with 1454 viewsclive_baker

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:04 - Apr 18 by You_Bloo_Right

About 4/1 I reckon.

4.6/1 on SkyBet for that treble of away wins.

I thought of Shrewsbury away as a real potential banana skin for Plymouth, still might be, but their feint playoff hopes are now dead and they're in a poor run of form having lost their last 4. AWAY WIN.

Barnsley look like they can beat anyone in this form, but I'll go for a draw tonight as Lincoln are a tough nut. DRAW

Sheffield Wednesday have a horrible trip to Bristol Rovers. Vocal home support, big crowd by their standards. Wednesday look bereft of confidence, 1st goal is key. Hoping it goes to the Gas heads and I'll go HOME WIN.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:13 - Apr 18 with 1436 viewsLankHenners

Had hoped Shrewsbury might still be on the coattails of the top 6 by this point but seem to have fallen away a bit. Plymouth don't always travel so well when they play someone decent but would be a surprise if they dropped points tonight for me.

BR as you say have done well against the top teams at home, although Wednesday know they pretty much have to win every game now with the other top 4 teams all having an extra match to play. Whoever wins that one will probably have to grind it out, wouldn't rule out a pretty dire 0-0.

Lincoln also very good at home and remarkably stubborn. Probably the likeliest to get something imo of the 3 home teams in these games although by no means do I expect it.

As for us I really don't know. There's too much on the line to predict anything confidently. In every home game since the Wednesday one we've totally dominated the match and if we'd scored a couple more goals in each one the scoreline wouldn't have flattered us one bit. Against a manager-less team in dreadful form with injuries and suspensions galore you'd be forgiven for expecting more of the same but I fear a very awkward and tense encounter.

Just need to get the win and if anyone else slips up we take that as a bonus.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:16 - Apr 18 with 1408 viewsKievthegreat

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 13:45 - Apr 18 by suffolkpoker

Wednesday are close to last chance saloon. If Wednesday or Barnsley dont win and Plymouth and us win. Its nearly nailed on, assuming Barnsley dont beat us.

If Wednesday and Barnsley lost tonight, the magic number for Autos becomes 93 points (barring a ridiculous shift in GD).

If we win as well, we'd need 5 points from 4 games to guarantee automatics. I think in that scenario, even if we lost to Barnsley we'd still do it.
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:18 - Apr 18 with 1370 viewsDubtractor

Shrewsbury's form has collapsed since their loss to us. Plymouth win.

Lincoln are remarkably tough to beat, and in decent form. Draw.

Wednesday are struggling, but I think they will get a win tonight.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:20 - Apr 18 with 1338 viewsSitfcB

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:11 - Apr 18 by clive_baker

4.6/1 on SkyBet for that treble of away wins.

I thought of Shrewsbury away as a real potential banana skin for Plymouth, still might be, but their feint playoff hopes are now dead and they're in a poor run of form having lost their last 4. AWAY WIN.

Barnsley look like they can beat anyone in this form, but I'll go for a draw tonight as Lincoln are a tough nut. DRAW

Sheffield Wednesday have a horrible trip to Bristol Rovers. Vocal home support, big crowd by their standards. Wednesday look bereft of confidence, 1st goal is key. Hoping it goes to the Gas heads and I'll go HOME WIN.

Just got 5.51/1 on Ladbrokes. £6.50 on. Don’t care if it loses!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:32 - Apr 18 with 1256 viewsBigCommon

Fancy Lincoln to get something...Can see Plymouth edging a scrappy one by the odd goal... SW is a weird one, imo. Could easily see them scrapping a win. But ,likewise, with their current form and mindset, could see them on the wrong end of a 3-1 at BR..
Town win comfortably tonight. Even if it's a slower start than Saturday.
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:54 - Apr 18 with 1115 viewsArnieM

Basically we’ve just got to keep winning our games. Do that, then it doesn’t matter what the others do does it!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 15:08 - Apr 18 with 1031 viewsOldFart71

Town 2-0 win
Lincoln3-1 win
Wednesday 2-1 win
Shrews 1-1 draw
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 15:28 - Apr 18 with 897 viewsquad

Shrewsbury 1 Plymouth 2
Bristol Rovers 2 Weds 2
Lincoln 1 Barnsley 0
Ipswich 3 Port Vale 0
It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 843 viewsStenvict

It’s a fool’s errand to try and predict other results on 14:20 - Apr 18 by SitfcB

Just got 5.51/1 on Ladbrokes. £6.50 on. Don’t care if it loses!

I've been doing this for a few weeks now. If I lose the bet, it means at least 1 team has dropped points. I went big on Wednesday beating FGR, never been so happy to lose money.

It's all for the greater good.

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024