Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back 15:46 - Jun 9 with 5034 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Obviously you agreed with them in their anti-racing approach.

They’ve since expanded that view that they don’t believe the relationship between humans and animals is correct. They’ve stated that animals should not be pets and that their ideal is a world where cats and dogs are not kept alongside humans as possessions.

They’ve also stated that animals with jobs is not a natural thing to them and that eventually would be something they’d be keen to change. When asked if this includes police sniffer dogs, rats who are trained to sniff out bombs overseas and even guide dogs, they agreed that this is not something they support.

This is not a horse racing thread before people wonder if this is going to be old ground. I just purely wondered if those in support of their beliefs a fortnight ago also agree with this view. Thanks in advance.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 15:54 - Jun 9 with 3308 viewsKeno

I dont think my dog viewed me as a possession

admittedly she had be very well trained to provide food, exercise, entertainment and even taught to me to retrieve a ball for her

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 15:59 - Jun 9 with 3284 viewsgtsb1966

For most it is an impossible question to answer with a definitive yes or no because there is so much to dissect. For instance I think they are wrong on the pets thing but also right. Having a dog as a pet is beneficial for both human and animal but having a parrot in a cage isn'tfor the animal. Using animals to prevent heinous crimes is a no brainer in todays times but using horses to pull a carriage full of tourists on a hot
day around a city isn't etc etc
Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:10 - Jun 9 with 3228 viewsRyorry

They obviously don't know much about dogs, for whom the relationship with humans has been a symbiotic one since wolves first started hanging around humans' campfires for the leftovers, & who in turn guarded ourselves, our sheep, goats & stocks of woad.

It's always been very much a 2-way mutual support thing. Goes without saying that I mean as long as they're loved & well looked-after with all their needs met.

What I very strongly disapprove of is any animal being used in war. They don't have the choice that humans do of whether to sign up & risk being killed or horribly injured, nor the capacity to understand such a hugely frightening environment. Really upsets me every time I hear of it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:13 - Jun 9 with 3201 viewswkj

As with anything - it all revolves around the animal being take care of properly. Also considered is what happens to a racing animal when it is injured to the point they're not fit for purpose vs a service animal or pet. More often than not, service animals are rehomed to ensure their well being - this quite often isn't the case for racing horses, and in some cases, even dogs.

Now, if you want to make a more appropriate comparison, compartmentalise per ownership to selective breeding, designer pets and puppy/kitten mills - then we're more in to the Apples to Apples territory. This is something that to me is wrong and as offensive as animals being used in sports.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:18 - Jun 9 with 3178 viewsJ2BLUE

It's almost like applying a single idea to every situation isn't going to work.

To be fair they probably do know that. They just know as soon as they go from black and white to grey it's going to open them up to all sorts of accusations of hypocrisy etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:21 - Jun 9 with 3150 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:18 - Jun 9 by J2BLUE

It's almost like applying a single idea to every situation isn't going to work.

To be fair they probably do know that. They just know as soon as they go from black and white to grey it's going to open them up to all sorts of accusations of hypocrisy etc.

As they said in a pre-Epsom interview, ‘you’re either with us or against us’ and seeing as we had some very pro-animal rising people on here, I’m interested as to whether they’re on which side of the fence.

Because you don’t have to support or dislike racing to know that banning guide dogs is a ridiculous idea and does nothing but highlight that they’re extremists. Their world view is extreme and that is the clearest example of it.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:21 - Jun 9 with 3148 viewsnoggin

I just think the whole world would be better off without humans.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:31 - Jun 9 with 3107 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I don’t think we should be continuing to breed animals for pets when there are so many in need of rescue.

I note one of their reasons is to reduce the chance of transmission of diseases and future pandemics. I’m looking forward to their protest in China…
Login to get fewer ads

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:32 - Jun 9 with 3102 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:21 - Jun 9 by The_Romford_Blue

As they said in a pre-Epsom interview, ‘you’re either with us or against us’ and seeing as we had some very pro-animal rising people on here, I’m interested as to whether they’re on which side of the fence.

Because you don’t have to support or dislike racing to know that banning guide dogs is a ridiculous idea and does nothing but highlight that they’re extremists. Their world view is extreme and that is the clearest example of it.

What are your views on police horses and dogs, that are often assaulted while working?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:33 - Jun 9 with 3097 viewsfarkenhell

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 15:54 - Jun 9 by Keno

I dont think my dog viewed me as a possession

admittedly she had be very well trained to provide food, exercise, entertainment and even taught to me to retrieve a ball for her

That's nothing. Mine has even taught me to wipe his @rse from time to time.
Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 17:03 - Jun 9 with 3031 viewsRyorry

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:31 - Jun 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I don’t think we should be continuing to breed animals for pets when there are so many in need of rescue.

I note one of their reasons is to reduce the chance of transmission of diseases and future pandemics. I’m looking forward to their protest in China…

For 6 months I tried to adopt an older dog. contacted more than a dozen organisations. At least half of them didn't even bother getting back to me.

I had two on trial, one was an 11-year old Collie who turned out to be a "car herder" (jumping up at & trying to chase vehicles when walking along our country lanes). The org. admitted they hadn't assessed her out walking, that she couldn't be retrained at her age & it was too dangerous for me to keep her. The other was from Dogs Trust & incredibly poorly trained - a wannabe 'Hound of the Baskervilles' tribute act when out walking, we became a social pariah - so he too had to be returned. Almost all the older dogs that are still there after months all have serious behavioural issues, a high proportion are detailed as needing to be muzzled when out.

Contrary to popular belief, Dogs Trust told me they have 60-100 applicants for every dog. Other organisations also have a surfeit of applicants. My vet friends warned me against adopting from abroad - whilst a few may be legit strays, many others are coming from puppy farms set up to financially exploit good-natured Brits.

Anyway, buying a puppy hadn't even been on my radar, but an extraordinary, serendipity, chance meeting (neither of us would normally have been at that place or at that time) with old friend who had bred my previous two dogs, means that since Saturday, I now have a Labrador pup! who absolutely loves playing football, so I'm enjoying a 4th childhood (though am somewhat sleep deprived!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 17:53 - Jun 9 with 2916 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t think relationships between humans and pets is a good idea either. It’s the sort of thing that can get you locked up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 18:12 - Jun 9 with 2870 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 17:03 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

For 6 months I tried to adopt an older dog. contacted more than a dozen organisations. At least half of them didn't even bother getting back to me.

I had two on trial, one was an 11-year old Collie who turned out to be a "car herder" (jumping up at & trying to chase vehicles when walking along our country lanes). The org. admitted they hadn't assessed her out walking, that she couldn't be retrained at her age & it was too dangerous for me to keep her. The other was from Dogs Trust & incredibly poorly trained - a wannabe 'Hound of the Baskervilles' tribute act when out walking, we became a social pariah - so he too had to be returned. Almost all the older dogs that are still there after months all have serious behavioural issues, a high proportion are detailed as needing to be muzzled when out.

Contrary to popular belief, Dogs Trust told me they have 60-100 applicants for every dog. Other organisations also have a surfeit of applicants. My vet friends warned me against adopting from abroad - whilst a few may be legit strays, many others are coming from puppy farms set up to financially exploit good-natured Brits.

Anyway, buying a puppy hadn't even been on my radar, but an extraordinary, serendipity, chance meeting (neither of us would normally have been at that place or at that time) with old friend who had bred my previous two dogs, means that since Saturday, I now have a Labrador pup! who absolutely loves playing football, so I'm enjoying a 4th childhood (though am somewhat sleep deprived!).

Great news with the new pup R! Keep us updated.

I had a black ladbrador cross when I was younger and now have a staff/jack russel cross with a bit of a Labrador in too. He’s a good lad. Lazy though haha.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 18:15 - Jun 9 with 2865 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:32 - Jun 9 by noggin

What are your views on police horses and dogs, that are often assaulted while working?

I think seeing as the horses and dogs are well treated and have nice lives, and are loved by their riders/handlers, they’re having a good life which is the main thing.

The c**ts who attack the animals should get 10 years in prison though. Baffles me how in this country kicking a cat (Zouma at West Ham for example) doesn’t even result in prison ffs.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 18:59 - Jun 9 with 2781 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 18:15 - Jun 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I think seeing as the horses and dogs are well treated and have nice lives, and are loved by their riders/handlers, they’re having a good life which is the main thing.

The c**ts who attack the animals should get 10 years in prison though. Baffles me how in this country kicking a cat (Zouma at West Ham for example) doesn’t even result in prison ffs.

"The c**ts who attack the animals should get 10 years in prison though. Baffles me how in this country kicking a cat (Zouma at West Ham for example) doesn’t even result in prison ffs."

Hear hear!!

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:05 - Jun 9 with 2756 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 17:53 - Jun 9 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t think relationships between humans and pets is a good idea either. It’s the sort of thing that can get you locked up.

Only if the farmer catches you.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:12 - Jun 9 with 2745 viewspositivity

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 16:21 - Jun 9 by noggin

I just think the whole world would be better off without humans.

nah, disagree with that.

the best bits of the world (as well as the worst) involve humans and only humans are intelligent enough to consider the question of what makes the world better off or not

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:14 - Jun 9 with 2738 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:12 - Jun 9 by positivity

nah, disagree with that.

the best bits of the world (as well as the worst) involve humans and only humans are intelligent enough to consider the question of what makes the world better off or not

What are these 'best bits'?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:20 - Jun 9 with 2730 viewspositivity

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:14 - Jun 9 by noggin

What are these 'best bits'?

love, art, football, music, intelligence, science, loads of intereting stuff!

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:30 - Jun 9 with 2702 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:20 - Jun 9 by positivity

love, art, football, music, intelligence, science, loads of intereting stuff!

None of those would matter because they're only important to humans.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:51 - Jun 9 with 2648 viewspositivity

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:30 - Jun 9 by noggin

the world would be a much less rich place without these things, animals don't really have the vocabulary to define what matters. what's important to a dog or a wasp or an elephant?

would humans be acceptable if you could somehow regress them to the level of intelligence of, say, a chicken?

mars is almost entirely human free, is it a "better" place than earth?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:58 - Jun 9 with 2637 viewsnoggin

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:51 - Jun 9 by positivity

the world would be a much less rich place without these things, animals don't really have the vocabulary to define what matters. what's important to a dog or a wasp or an elephant?

would humans be acceptable if you could somehow regress them to the level of intelligence of, say, a chicken?

mars is almost entirely human free, is it a "better" place than earth?

It would only be 'less rich' in the presence of humans though.

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 22:40 - Jun 9 with 2523 viewspositivity

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:58 - Jun 9 by noggin

It would only be 'less rich' in the presence of humans though.

in whose judgement? it's a slippery slope if you start devaluing human life and devaluing intelligence.

who is making the judgement that the world would be better off without humans? on what basis?

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 22:59 - Jun 9 with 2499 viewsSuffolktractor

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 19:30 - Jun 9 by noggin

To be fair my dog loves football. She’ not too bothered about art though!
Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 23:33 - Jun 9 with 2377 viewspositivity

Question for those in support of Animal Rising a couple weeks back on 22:59 - Jun 9 by Suffolktractor

To be fair my dog loves football. She’ not too bothered about art though!

maybe she hasn't found the right art yet, try her with some andy warhowl or mark woofko...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024