Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 weekends away from first league game 15:03 - Jul 21 with 9129 viewsTalkingBlues

and we’re still relying on players who weren’t getting games in League 1 to get us up the Championship table.

I hope the recruitment team have been busy behind the scenes cos we are at least 3 players short of where we need to be as a squad.

Awful summer transfer window for us so far, already leaving any new recruits no chance to bed in and get some pre season with the squad, McKenna must be annoyed.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

2 weekends away from first league game on 11:00 - Jul 22 with 1787 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:25 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

? How do I fight his corner? I've replied I feel constructively to his post incase he is genuine. I'm not defending his thoughts in anyway.

Don’t get embroiled in the negativity Frimmers, they only like to hear their own perspective and take badly to anyone offering a different view of events. They know I’m not a scummer, but it’s easier for them to insult, when there isn’t an obvious argument against what I’m saying.

This has not been a good window so far, regardless of what tinted spectacles people wish to wear, we haven’t actually upgraded any position on the pitch yet and as I said previously, still have the likes of Jackson knocking around as our back up, frightening.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 12:18]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

2 weekends away from first league game on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 1768 viewsFrimleyBlue

2 weekends away from first league game on 08:38 - Jul 22 by Stewart27

It was on another thread when somebody was calling him out to be the obvious scummer he is. You had a pop at the person. Donnie I think.

By the way I think it’s good to defend people. It’s just that this moron talkingblues is an obvious scummer.

Oh that. No that was just a bit of fun with Donnie.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

2 weekends away from first league game on 11:26 - Jul 22 with 1762 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

2 weekends away from first league game on 11:00 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

Don’t get embroiled in the negativity Frimmers, they only like to hear their own perspective and take badly to anyone offering a different view of events. They know I’m not a scummer, but it’s easier for them to insult, when there isn’t an obvious argument against what I’m saying.

This has not been a good window so far, regardless of what tinted spectacles people wish to wear, we haven’t actually upgraded any position on the pitch yet and as I said previously, still have the likes of Jackson knocking around as our back up, frightening.

You don't think Taylor's an upgrade?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

2 weekends away from first league game on 12:22 - Jul 22 with 1723 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 11:26 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't think Taylor's an upgrade?

The Taylor that was completely anonymous in 2 games against us that drew threads on here questioning why exactly we were chasing him so hard, that one? Personally, I’ve never watched anything other than his games against us and he offered very little in both, so I’m not exactly hyped based on what I’ve seen, but perhaps he’ll improve in our set up?

2 weekends away from first league game on 12:24 - Jul 22 with 1721 viewsredrickstuhaart

2 weekends away from first league game on 12:22 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

The Taylor that was completely anonymous in 2 games against us that drew threads on here questioning why exactly we were chasing him so hard, that one? Personally, I’ve never watched anything other than his games against us and he offered very little in both, so I’m not exactly hyped based on what I’ve seen, but perhaps he’ll improve in our set up?

Go away ffs.
2 weekends away from first league game on 12:42 - Jul 22 with 1695 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

2 weekends away from first league game on 12:22 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

So you've based your opinion on 2 performances vs our highly experienced coaches who've seen loads?

You realise your ignorance isn't fact, right?
So you can't say "we haven’t actually upgraded any position" when you don't have enough information?

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:06 - Jul 22 with 1671 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 12:42 - Jul 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

So you've based your opinion on 2 performances vs our highly experienced coaches who've seen loads?

You realise your ignorance isn't fact, right?
So you can't say "we haven’t actually upgraded any position" when you don't have enough information?

My ignorance? Lol, sorry I’ve only seen him play twice, I must make a note to commit more time to watching random players from other teams in the future. I can only base an opinion from the information I have, which I clearly stated and said perhaps he’ll improve with us, above and beyond the games I actually saw him play in?

I would add, that coaches/fans/managers/owners etc could watch a thousand games and a player still not work out when you bring them on board, we’ve had plenty of flops of our own, it’s the nature of the beast.

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 1624 viewsArchiRob

how awful to live a life in such despair and fear.
There are people who can help you - don't be afraid to reach out

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Login to get fewer ads

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 1622 viewsmrshallisfit

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:06 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

My ignorance? Lol, sorry I’ve only seen him play twice, I must make a note to commit more time to watching random players from other teams in the future. I can only base an opinion from the information I have, which I clearly stated and said perhaps he’ll improve with us, above and beyond the games I actually saw him play in?

I would add, that coaches/fans/managers/owners etc could watch a thousand games and a player still not work out when you bring them on board, we’ve had plenty of flops of our own, it’s the nature of the beast.

Perhaps also make a note not to comment on players you have hardly seen then. Also make a mental note that attention seekers are generally pretty despised by most rught-minded people.
2 weekends away from first league game on 13:25 - Jul 22 with 1612 viewsMetal_Hacker

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:06 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

So many contradictions in that post

Remarkable work

Seemingly you claim not to be ignorant by saying you only watched him twice but state he’s not all that. Isn’t it a little ignorant to claim he’s not very good after only seeing him twice ? To which you back up by stating the management would’ve perhaps watched said player “a thousand times “

Does this not make those “ITK” more equipped by yet another one of your ignorant hot takes

If you’ve not confused yourself , you’ve confused me luv

Bizarre work yet again

Poll: If it were one or the other

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:29 - Jul 22 with 1598 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:25 - Jul 22 by Metal_Hacker

So many contradictions in that post

Remarkable work

Seemingly you claim not to be ignorant by saying you only watched him twice but state he’s not all that. Isn’t it a little ignorant to claim he’s not very good after only seeing him twice ? To which you back up by stating the management would’ve perhaps watched said player “a thousand times “

Does this not make those “ITK” more equipped by yet another one of your ignorant hot takes

If you’ve not confused yourself , you’ve confused me luv

Bizarre work yet again

There’s not a contradiction in sight, just you reading a text, then misquoting anything and everything to suit your bizarrely inaccurate response, status quo unchanged.

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:32 - Jul 22 with 1593 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:20 - Jul 22 by mrshallisfit

Perhaps also make a note not to comment on players you have hardly seen then. Also make a mental note that attention seekers are generally pretty despised by most rught-minded people.

I didn’t comment on him, I was directly asked about Taylor and provided my view on him, it wasn’t an opinion offered out of the blue.

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:33 - Jul 22 with 1595 viewsStu_Magoo

Don;t be such a berk.
2 weekends away from first league game on 13:38 - Jul 22 with 1573 viewsGiveusaWave

Jackson improved a lot last season....and he was our best player against Burnley in the cup....

Also...we can't expect to get all our targets...

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:43 - Jul 22 with 1544 viewsMetal_Hacker

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:29 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

There’s not a contradiction in sight, just you reading a text, then misquoting anything and everything to suit your bizarrely inaccurate response, status quo unchanged.

No contradiction in sight ?

Ok no worries

Pointless engaging really

Poll: If it were one or the other

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:55 - Jul 22 with 1519 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

2 weekends away from first league game on 13:32 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

I didn’t comment on him, I was directly asked about Taylor and provided my view on him, it wasn’t an opinion offered out of the blue.

You literally said we hadn't upgraded in any position, which is why I mentioned Taylor. If there are new players you've barely seen, how can you say we haven't upgraded?

2 weekends away from first league game on 14:40 - Jul 22 with 1489 viewsVegtablue

We lost my nemesis Florian Fletcher recently. His second thread of speculating on (perhaps inventing instability in) McKenna's tenure was deemed one too many. Yet here you stand on over -600 not out! Am I petitioning for the return of Florian Fletcher? Perhaps I am! But in all seriousness, negative scores this high are rare. Evidently you have perfected the formula and fair play for doing so. Probably it is the substantial effort you put in - creating threads, generating replies, engaging with those replies, following ITFC matters - that has enabled your longevity. I see you also curry favour with the news commenters lol, intelligent behaviour. Take note of this man future Florians of the board. Nota bene.
2 weekends away from first league game on 15:45 - Jul 22 with 1430 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 14:40 - Jul 22 by Vegtablue

We lost my nemesis Florian Fletcher recently. His second thread of speculating on (perhaps inventing instability in) McKenna's tenure was deemed one too many. Yet here you stand on over -600 not out! Am I petitioning for the return of Florian Fletcher? Perhaps I am! But in all seriousness, negative scores this high are rare. Evidently you have perfected the formula and fair play for doing so. Probably it is the substantial effort you put in - creating threads, generating replies, engaging with those replies, following ITFC matters - that has enabled your longevity. I see you also curry favour with the news commenters lol, intelligent behaviour. Take note of this man future Florians of the board. Nota bene.

So, you spent all that time concocting a weird essay about Florian (whoever that was, never saw a post) rather than debating the squad weaknesses? That’s a bit odd.

In terms of downvotes, most of the people here have an extremely rudimentary understanding of the reality of a football club, from a playing perspective and the more downvotes I get, likely rhe closer to the truth I am. This place is a perfect contrarian indicator.

2 weekends away from first league game on 16:38 - Jul 22 with 1394 viewsVegtablue

2 weekends away from first league game on 15:45 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

So, you spent all that time concocting a weird essay about Florian (whoever that was, never saw a post) rather than debating the squad weaknesses? That’s a bit odd.

In terms of downvotes, most of the people here have an extremely rudimentary understanding of the reality of a football club, from a playing perspective and the more downvotes I get, likely rhe closer to the truth I am. This place is a perfect contrarian indicator.

I spent very little time on that lol and wanted to post it. Perhaps you take much longer to write posts of similar length. I skimmed your OP and have swerved most of the posts in this thread, because there is an unmistakable hollowness and insincerity to much of what you post. I enjoy contrary viewpoints that are reasoned and articulated well, but you very rarely deliver this. You do sometimes find interesting nuggets granted, but then you include ridiculous overreaches and poor reasoning. These are the tools of a Colin Robinson, of course! Without these there is the risk
of earnest debate. Truthfully, I could write your posts for you if I had the inclination and the time but (for better or worse) I possess neither. The style is easy to replicate. And while it continues to generate the negative enthusiasm you desire, I suggest there is no reason to change.
2 weekends away from first league game on 17:06 - Jul 22 with 1366 viewsChurchman

So what is your expert experience of the reality of a football club? Who did you play for? You clearly have a wealth of experience, given how easily you describe posters on here as having ‘an extremely rudimentary understanding of the reality of a football club’, many of whom who will have played at some sort of level and seen literally 100s of games.

Oh, and given your expert knowledge, is there anything positive you have to say about the club or are you arm in arm with that elephant bloke and the other happy soul who posts on here?
2 weekends away from first league game on 18:53 - Jul 22 with 1275 viewsStewart27

Is signing Hirst permanently not an upgrade to our permanent squad?
2 weekends away from first league game on 19:17 - Jul 22 with 1263 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:06 - Jul 22 by Churchman

So what is your expert experience of the reality of a football club? Who did you play for? You clearly have a wealth of experience, given how easily you describe posters on here as having ‘an extremely rudimentary understanding of the reality of a football club’, many of whom who will have played at some sort of level and seen literally 100s of games.

Oh, and given your expert knowledge, is there anything positive you have to say about the club or are you arm in arm with that elephant bloke and the other happy soul who posts on here?

Thank you for highlighting how often posts are misinterpreted (a lot of people do it on purpose, to align with their agenda/bias, not suggesting you’re one of those). At no point did I separate myself from the group of which I spoke.

2 weekends away from first league game on 19:20 - Jul 22 with 1260 viewsredrickstuhaart

2 weekends away from first league game on 19:17 - Jul 22 by TalkingBlues

Thank you for highlighting how often posts are misinterpreted (a lot of people do it on purpose, to align with their agenda/bias, not suggesting you’re one of those). At no point did I separate myself from the group of which I spoke.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Time he's gone.
2 weekends away from first league game on 19:22 - Jul 22 with 1257 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 16:38 - Jul 22 by Vegtablue

I spent very little time on that lol and wanted to post it. Perhaps you take much longer to write posts of similar length. I skimmed your OP and have swerved most of the posts in this thread, because there is an unmistakable hollowness and insincerity to much of what you post. I enjoy contrary viewpoints that are reasoned and articulated well, but you very rarely deliver this. You do sometimes find interesting nuggets granted, but then you include ridiculous overreaches and poor reasoning. These are the tools of a Colin Robinson, of course! Without these there is the risk
of earnest debate. Truthfully, I could write your posts for you if I had the inclination and the time but (for better or worse) I possess neither. The style is easy to replicate. And while it continues to generate the negative enthusiasm you desire, I suggest there is no reason to change.

As you know; it’s difficult to articulate fully cos it takes an eternity with my sausage fingers. I try to convey as much as I can, in a reasonable timescale.

2 weekends away from first league game on 19:28 - Jul 22 with 1249 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does it ever occur to you that you might be wrong?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024