Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 weekends away from first league game 15:03 - Jul 21 with 9128 viewsTalkingBlues

and we’re still relying on players who weren’t getting games in League 1 to get us up the Championship table.

I hope the recruitment team have been busy behind the scenes cos we are at least 3 players short of where we need to be as a squad.

Awful summer transfer window for us so far, already leaving any new recruits no chance to bed in and get some pre season with the squad, McKenna must be annoyed.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:17 - Jul 21 with 2025 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 15:15 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh apart from a lcb if that's even KM wants.. we've recruited in the areas we needed to.

We have our striker.
We have competition for Burns and cover for the 10s
We have a new midfielder to take over from the oldies

With our style and the way we play it was important we kept the majority of the side together whilst letting the fringe players go.

Any new player that comes in now can gradually get to understand our play whilst the others continue to get on with it.

Those we may still want however come into pretty obvious roles..

Lcb.. Ball playing defender. Keep shape. Play ball etc
Another striker.. press. Hold the ball bring others into play or sit on shoulder if we playing over the top.

That's pretty much it isn't it?

We haven’t got the striker situation sorted, Hirst was always going to be signed, but we need another one, Hirst could score 30, or 3 this season and the reason we wanted him in the first place was cos Ladapo couldn’t find the net, there’s a big question mark hanging over 9 and that’s not a good place to be.

Competition for Burns? Jackson (LOL) or a 19 year old kid who’s been playing U21’s, not what I’d call competition, especially at Championship level. Taylor we’ve wanted and got, centre mid doesn’t seem an issue, unless they all get injured again. We desperately need a bit more at the back too, big step up to this level (poor sides aside) and we lack experience there IMO.

We are well short of what we need and haven’t ejected the surplus, probably due to our failure to sign targets, this has been a poor window IMO. SO FAR!!!

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:22 - Jul 21 with 1988 viewsSE1blue

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:17 - Jul 21 by TalkingBlues

We haven’t got the striker situation sorted, Hirst was always going to be signed, but we need another one, Hirst could score 30, or 3 this season and the reason we wanted him in the first place was cos Ladapo couldn’t find the net, there’s a big question mark hanging over 9 and that’s not a good place to be.

Competition for Burns? Jackson (LOL) or a 19 year old kid who’s been playing U21’s, not what I’d call competition, especially at Championship level. Taylor we’ve wanted and got, centre mid doesn’t seem an issue, unless they all get injured again. We desperately need a bit more at the back too, big step up to this level (poor sides aside) and we lack experience there IMO.

We are well short of what we need and haven’t ejected the surplus, probably due to our failure to sign targets, this has been a poor window IMO. SO FAR!!!

Seriously, your return to school can't come soon enough.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:26 - Jul 21 with 1971 viewsthe_toff

What a load of crap
2 weekends away from first league game on 17:55 - Jul 21 with 1943 viewsIllinoisblue

You forgot this signing:

Rak-Sakyi done by TalkingBlues 20 Jun 2023 13:04
Should be 2 announcements coming this week

And this one:

Announced Ellis Simms yet? by TalkingBlues 19 Jun 2023 17:31
No? Coming soon to TWTD, first signing of the season is on board, paperwork job now 👍

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2 weekends away from first league game on 18:56 - Jul 21 with 1886 viewsN2_Blue

What utter gibberish. Do us all a favour and feck off.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

2 weekends away from first league game on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 1868 viewsBudapestByBlimp

And here I was looking forward to the season, not realising the parlous state of our squad.
2 weekends away from first league game on 19:31 - Jul 21 with 1854 viewsGlasgowBlue

So in two weeks time we may well start with

Walton - Regular starter in League One
Janoi - Regular starter in League One until Clarke signed. But he has a 1 game ban.
Wolf - Regular starter in League One
Burgess - Regular starter in League One
Davis - Regular starter in League One
Morsy - Regular starter in League One
Luongo - Regular starter in League One
Burns - Regular starter in League One. Or if injured, Hutchinson (Chelsea player)
Broadhead - Regular starter in Championship/ League One
Chaplin - Regular starter in League One
Hirst - Regular starter in League One

Our transfer window so far has seen Taylor join, target of ours over three windows, Hirst, a striker targeted all of last season and now joined permanently and Hutchinson, on loan from a Premier league team. The window is open for another six weeks and we will no doubt add a defender o to plus another striker.

You talk utter pish!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

2 weekends away from first league game on 20:09 - Jul 21 with 1827 viewsMach_foreignBlue

TalkingBlues is TWTD's Chris Sutton. Why do people take both so seriously?
Login to get fewer ads

2 weekends away from first league game on 20:22 - Jul 21 with 1813 viewsbazza

I’m sure you said 9 players a day ago 😂
2 weekends away from first league game on 21:30 - Jul 21 with 1753 viewsMetal_Hacker

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:55 - Jul 21 by Illinoisblue

You forgot this signing:

And this one:

No? Coming soon to TWTD, first signing of the season is on board, paperwork job now 👍

He’s an absolute bowl of mashed potato that bloke

Poll: If it were one or the other

2 weekends away from first league game on 21:36 - Jul 21 with 1749 viewsSitfcB

Twât.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

2 weekends away from first league game on 21:41 - Jul 21 with 1742 viewsyorkshireblue

2 weekends away from first league game on 21:30 - Jul 21 by Metal_Hacker

He’s an absolute bowl of mashed potato that bloke

Outstanding analogy.

Have an uppy.
2 weekends away from first league game on 22:09 - Jul 21 with 1720 viewsMetal_Hacker

2 weekends away from first league game on 21:41 - Jul 21 by yorkshireblue

Outstanding analogy.

Have an uppy.

Was just trying to be polite albeit it’s a slight on mashed potato

Poll: If it were one or the other

2 weekends away from first league game on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 1707 viewsTalkingBlues

2 weekends away from first league game on 17:55 - Jul 21 by Illinoisblue

You forgot this signing:

And this one:

We lost Simms to Coventry, embarrassing to say the least and looks like we aren’t going to get Rak Sakyi now, hence the move for the teenager playing U21’s, massively underwhelming, though there are those that would try and dress this up as a success.

These were 2 TOP TARGETS, lol, we are brilliant at twisting arms in League 1, but clearly not quite so adept at dealing with bigger boys.

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:15 - Jul 21 with 1691 viewsStewart27

Please ban this loser Phil.

The only person who fights his corner is Frimley.
2 weekends away from first league game on 23:16 - Jul 21 with 1689 viewsStewart27

2 weekends away from first league game on 15:15 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

Tbh apart from a lcb if that's even KM wants.. we've recruited in the areas we needed to.

We have our striker.
We have competition for Burns and cover for the 10s
We have a new midfielder to take over from the oldies

With our style and the way we play it was important we kept the majority of the side together whilst letting the fringe players go.

Any new player that comes in now can gradually get to understand our play whilst the others continue to get on with it.

Those we may still want however come into pretty obvious roles..

Lcb.. Ball playing defender. Keep shape. Play ball etc
Another striker.. press. Hold the ball bring others into play or sit on shoulder if we playing over the top.

That's pretty much it isn't it?

Please stop taking him seriously mate.
2 weekends away from first league game on 23:23 - Jul 21 with 1684 viewsStewart27

We love Ladapo scummer.

His goals per minute ratio was better than Hirst’s.
2 weekends away from first league game on 23:24 - Jul 21 with 1682 viewsredrickstuhaart

Can we get rid of this obvious troll?
2 weekends away from first league game on 23:25 - Jul 21 with 1682 viewsFrimleyBlue

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:15 - Jul 21 by Stewart27

Please ban this loser Phil.

The only person who fights his corner is Frimley.

? How do I fight his corner? I've replied I feel constructively to his post incase he is genuine. I'm not defending his thoughts in anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:27 - Jul 21 with 1678 viewsStewart27

2 weekends away from first league game on 22:59 - Jul 21 by TalkingBlues

We lost Simms to Coventry, embarrassing to say the least and looks like we aren’t going to get Rak Sakyi now, hence the move for the teenager playing U21’s, massively underwhelming, though there are those that would try and dress this up as a success.

These were 2 TOP TARGETS, lol, we are brilliant at twisting arms in League 1, but clearly not quite so adept at dealing with bigger boys.

Did we lose Simms? Didn’t realise he was our player. Much rather Hirst.

It’s difficult at this moment to say whether the £5 million pound Chelsea youngster is better than the Palace youngster. Probably best to judge our manager on that one.

Your manager seems to have dragged up a couple of old beauties this season.
2 weekends away from first league game on 04:09 - Jul 22 with 1609 viewswkj

What kind of industrial grade disco biscuits have you been necking and where can I get some? I am willing to pay so don't be offering me the six finger discount.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

2 weekends away from first league game on 06:45 - Jul 22 with 1582 viewsChurchman

Why do you do this?

I suggest you get yourself a nice hobby. Lego or something.
2 weekends away from first league game on 08:15 - Jul 22 with 1534 viewsNutkins_Return

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:25 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

? How do I fight his corner? I've replied I feel constructively to his post incase he is genuine. I'm not defending his thoughts in anyway.

Yep I'd back you up on that.

In fact I thought you know the guy is deluded when he's being destroyed by frimmers with sense. :)
2 weekends away from first league game on 08:36 - Jul 22 with 1519 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

2 weekends away from first league game on 06:45 - Jul 22 by Churchman

Why do you do this?

I suggest you get yourself a nice hobby. Lego or something.

I wish he'd lego of this forum.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

2 weekends away from first league game on 08:38 - Jul 22 with 1519 viewsStewart27

2 weekends away from first league game on 23:25 - Jul 21 by FrimleyBlue

It was on another thread when somebody was calling him out to be the obvious scummer he is. You had a pop at the person. Donnie I think.

By the way I think it’s good to defend people. It’s just that this moron talkingblues is an obvious scummer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024