Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback 11:51 - Jul 25 with 6194 viewsMediocre_Quick

According to Nixon, we're looking at bringing Colback back, any takers on this,

Don't personally think we need him as we are already stacked in the CM positions
Colback on 11:53 - Jul 25 with 4599 viewsHerbivore

Really can't see there being anything in this. We're well stocked in centre midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Colback on 11:53 - Jul 25 with 4590 viewsKieran_Knows

We've been after another CM all summer, so whether it's Colback or someone else, it's an area we still want to strengthen.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Colback on 11:55 - Jul 25 with 4564 viewsblueasfook

I liked him when he was with us before but that was like 12 years ago.

He's like 33/34 now?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Colback on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 4527 viewsportmanking

Evans is definitely off then.
Colback on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 4525 viewsjayessess

Could see that as a decent move if Morsy going is a real threat. Otherwise probably not?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Colback on 11:59 - Jul 25 with 4495 viewsBiGDonnie

It's a no from me, and I'm sure it's a no from KM too.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Colback on 12:00 - Jul 25 with 4487 viewsthe_toff

Guess he's versatile, can play in the middle or at left back. Not one I would be in a rush to bring back though.
Colback on 12:00 - Jul 25 with 4469 viewsBig_Jase

Can play left back and centre mid and is an upgrade on Lee Evans. I’d take it all day.

My work colleagues who are Forest fans said he’s still very good, played well in the Premier League last year as well.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Login to get fewer ads

Colback on 12:02 - Jul 25 with 4440 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Colback on 11:53 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

We've been after another CM all summer, so whether it's Colback or someone else, it's an area we still want to strengthen.

Didn't we tick that off with Taylors signing

CB must be priority?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Colback on 12:07 - Jul 25 with 4347 viewsportmanking

Colback on 11:57 - Jul 25 by jayessess

Could see that as a decent move if Morsy going is a real threat. Otherwise probably not?

It could also be that Greg Leigh is off? Colback would be a similarly versatile squad player to Dom Ball i.e. left back and double pivot.
Colback on 12:08 - Jul 25 with 4341 viewsBig_Jase

Colback on 12:02 - Jul 25 by BlueandTruesince82

CB must be priority?

Whilst a signing at CB would be the priority, you can still sign other players before that happens. There will be movement out of the squad to accommodate this signing if it happens. Evans the most likely to go. Potentially could allow Greg Leigh to leave as well, as Colback could be the backup left back. On KOA it did mention that Leigh had L1 interest, albeit that was a month or so ago.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Colback on 12:15 - Jul 25 with 4243 viewstractorboy1978

Colback on 11:57 - Jul 25 by jayessess

Evans just doesn't fit for me - and he's not even versatile. Colback a far better fit stylistically.
Colback on 12:16 - Jul 25 with 4210 viewsTractorCam

"According to Nixon" is usually the clue to disregard it.

Agree with you that we don't need him.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Colback on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 4200 viewsDanTheMan

Colback on 12:15 - Jul 25 by tractorboy1978

Evans just doesn't fit for me - and he's not even versatile. Colback a far better fit stylistically.

Be quite a short term fix though. I guess if he's cheap enough it could work. I'd be worried that we would have three players over 30 for one position though.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Colback on 12:19 - Jul 25 with 4165 viewsHerbivore

Colback on 12:17 - Jul 25 by DanTheMan

Be quite a short term fix though. I guess if he's cheap enough it could work. I'd be worried that we would have three players over 30 for one position though.

Indeed. In terms of squad balance, it feels off for a few reasons. Would be surprised if there's anything in this one.

Colback on 12:24 - Jul 25 with 4088 viewschicoazul

Colback on 11:53 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Really can't see there being anything in this. We're well stocked in centre midfield.

Not really. Evans and Ball are on the way back from bad injuries and Ball has been playing in defence. Humph will probably go on loan soon. There is definitely at least one spot there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Colback on 12:27 - Jul 25 with 4061 viewsHerbivore

Colback on 12:24 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Not really. Evans and Ball are on the way back from bad injuries and Ball has been playing in defence. Humph will probably go on loan soon. There is definitely at least one spot there.

Ball has been playing in defence because of a lack of cover there. We've currently got 6 CMs, even if Humphreys goes out that leaves us with five vying for two starting slots. Given the age profile of the midfielders on our books and how tight we are to our squad limit I'd be very surprised if there's anything in this.

Colback on 12:36 - Jul 25 with 3927 viewsKieran_Knows

Colback on 12:02 - Jul 25 by BlueandTruesince82

CB must be priority?

As well as, Taylor.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Colback on 12:47 - Jul 25 with 3772 viewsITFCBlues

Colback on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Ball has been playing in defence because of a lack of cover there. We've currently got 6 CMs, even if Humphreys goes out that leaves us with five vying for two starting slots. Given the age profile of the midfielders on our books and how tight we are to our squad limit I'd be very surprised if there's anything in this.

He's also played a lot of football at LB. Perhaps this allows Leigh to move on and maybe another midfielder, perhaps Evans which then also frees up a spot in the squad for a further addition. Especially with Davis being moved into a CM role when we build up.

Would start to make sense...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Colback on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 3701 viewsBigCommon

Colback on 12:36 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

As well as, Taylor.

I don't think we are "well" stocked in MF, tbh.
There's question marks over Ball's and Evan's fitness throughout the season. And Question marks over Humphreys ability to step up, and there's still a possibility that he might be loaned out..
That leaves us 3 definites in Morsy, Taylor and Luongo. And, again, you'd have to question Luongos fitness over an entire season..
I'm not against another solid MF signing. Whether that's Colback, or anyone else KM deems good enough.
Colback on 12:59 - Jul 25 with 3600 viewsLankHenners

He's a free agent so media mentions could be his camp trying to get him a move somewhere.

A good experienced player but you'd think another CM purchase would be another early-20s one we can build up rather than a short term option.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Colback on 13:00 - Jul 25 with 3583 viewsIllinoisblue

Colback on 12:16 - Jul 25 by TractorCam

"According to Nixon" is usually the clue to disregard it.

Agree with you that we don't need him.

In this age of stats for everything to do with football, would be good to know Nixon’s xR on transfer rumours and what his success rate is.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Colback on 13:03 - Jul 25 with 3510 viewsHerbivore

Colback on 12:47 - Jul 25 by ITFCBlues

He's also played a lot of football at LB. Perhaps this allows Leigh to move on and maybe another midfielder, perhaps Evans which then also frees up a spot in the squad for a further addition. Especially with Davis being moved into a CM role when we build up.

Would start to make sense...

Is a 33 year old Colback a better back up left back option in our system than Leigh? Really not sure. I guess we all see things differently but I'm quite surprised how many seem up for us signing him. Would be a waste for me as he's not going to be a regular starter and if we're looking for depth we'd be better off signing players with some development potential.

Colback on 13:03 - Jul 25 with 3499 viewsSheffordBlue

Colback on 13:00 - Jul 25 by Illinoisblue

In this age of stats for everything to do with football, would be good to know Nixon’s xR on transfer rumours and what his success rate is.

For his Ipswich stories his hit rate is pretty low - overall it's pretty good though - something like 40 accurate stories in the last window. With some clubs he seems to have some fairly good links, with others (like us) he seems to rely almost entirely on what he hears from agents which is probably why his hit rate is lower there.

I think he also tends to go early on stories while a lot of other journalists wait for things to firm up.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Colback on 13:16 - Jul 25 with 3319 viewsITFCBlues

Colback on 13:03 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Is a 33 year old Colback a better back up left back option in our system than Leigh? Really not sure. I guess we all see things differently but I'm quite surprised how many seem up for us signing him. Would be a waste for me as he's not going to be a regular starter and if we're looking for depth we'd be better off signing players with some development potential.

Well, I guess that depends what's being asked of the LB. If we're building a system around the LB moving into CM like we have done in pre season then I guess yeah, he is a better option than Leigh.

I think we need to be creative with squad management in order to free up spots for potential further additions. This would certainly help, assuming another CM was to move on.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024