Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conner Chaplin 13:36 - Sep 3 with 8912 viewsWickets

Noticed he was emotional after the game yesterday got several consoling hugs from our players .
Conner Chaplin on 07:42 - Sep 4 with 1350 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Conner Chaplin on 07:21 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

There were definitely boos when the whistle went, they were followed up with more when the ref left the pitch but seemed a clear case of scoreboard booing when some idiots see we are behind

Thought the reaction to any misplaced pass was OTT as well, it felt like some in crowd demand absolute perfection

Has always been the way at Town (and to be honest most clubs). Fans are fickle.

But having been in attendance, my view was that whilst there was the odd groan in the crowd, the boos (and pelters) were aimed towards the incompetent div refereeing.
Conner Chaplin on 07:58 - Sep 4 with 1301 viewsWickets

Conner Chaplin on 07:42 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Has always been the way at Town (and to be honest most clubs). Fans are fickle.

But having been in attendance, my view was that whilst there was the odd groan in the crowd, the boos (and pelters) were aimed towards the incompetent div refereeing.

Apologies to Conor for miss spelling his name . I have always thought any halftime boos from Town fans are usually just boos because we are losing not really aimed at our players , i really cant think any of our fans are unhappy at what's going on as after 20 years of rubbish we have finally got a team and club to be proud off .
Conner Chaplin on 08:01 - Sep 4 with 1275 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Conner Chaplin on 07:58 - Sep 4 by Wickets

Apologies to Conor for miss spelling his name . I have always thought any halftime boos from Town fans are usually just boos because we are losing not really aimed at our players , i really cant think any of our fans are unhappy at what's going on as after 20 years of rubbish we have finally got a team and club to be proud off .

“i really cant think any of our fans are unhappy at what's going on”

You’ve obviously never come across NaylorsRightMoan…
Conner Chaplin on 08:07 - Sep 4 with 1251 viewsHerbivore

There were definitely boos when the whistle went, they were followed up with more when the ref left the pitch but seemed a clear case of scoreboard booing when some idiots see we are behind

Thought the reaction to any misplaced pass was OTT as well, it felt like some in crowd demand absolute perfection

There's a bellend in the row behind me that is constantly on the players' backs, calling them c***s quite often and generally losing his head every time we fall short of being prime Barcelona. I don't understand why he goes to the football, he seems to get no enjoyment out of it and seems to hate Ipswich. Really bizarre.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Conner Chaplin on 08:10 - Sep 4 with 1237 viewsWickets

Conner Chaplin on 08:01 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“i really cant think any of our fans are unhappy at what's going on”

You’ve obviously never come across NaylorsRightMoan…

Is he a Town fan ? If so i expect there's always the exception to the rule i suppose.
Conner Chaplin on 08:11 - Sep 4 with 1232 viewsCityBlue

Conner Chaplin on 15:26 - Sep 3 by Stewart27

Anybody who booed at half time should feck off and never return to PR.

the boos were aimed at the ref

I T I D

Conner Chaplin on 08:12 - Sep 4 with 1230 viewsArnieM

The thing this thread shows me is that the fans are in tune with the players and care, snd the players definitely are a close knit squad and care about each other. We wouldnt have had that a couple of years ago.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Conner Chaplin on 08:32 - Sep 4 with 1189 viewsSitfcB

I’d like the crowd to react at the HT whistle like it did for the Leeds game all the time, winning or losing.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Conner Chaplin on 08:36 - Sep 4 with 1174 viewsBloomBlue

I thought it was scoreboard booing. It surprised me, but then again I wasn't surprised given the increase in fans returning since we've had success. A few I think arrived at the game expecting an easy win
Maybe some was aimed at the ref but didn't see too many errors in the first half from the ref that also warranted the booing.

I have a 'only started coming once we started winning' fan behind me now who constantly moans every time a Town player does something wrong with his fav comment "get that c*** off the pitch". Followed by lots of "f*****g useless McKenna" comments at half time. Then I had the joy as Cardiff's second went in and he stood up and he headed off moaning about how right he was the club would get relegated without buying more players and he was going to the pub. Hopefully as he headed to the pub/was in the pub he could hear the 3 roars as our goals hit the back of the net.
Conner Chaplin on 09:17 - Sep 4 with 1075 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conner Chaplin on 16:00 - Sep 3 by Dubtractor

Worse than that, some are calling him Connor rather than Conor.

Top internetting

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conner Chaplin on 09:35 - Sep 4 with 1031 viewsnodge_blue

Conner Chaplin on 08:36 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

I thought it was scoreboard booing. It surprised me, but then again I wasn't surprised given the increase in fans returning since we've had success. A few I think arrived at the game expecting an easy win
Maybe some was aimed at the ref but didn't see too many errors in the first half from the ref that also warranted the booing.

I have a 'only started coming once we started winning' fan behind me now who constantly moans every time a Town player does something wrong with his fav comment "get that c*** off the pitch". Followed by lots of "f*****g useless McKenna" comments at half time. Then I had the joy as Cardiff's second went in and he stood up and he headed off moaning about how right he was the club would get relegated without buying more players and he was going to the pub. Hopefully as he headed to the pub/was in the pub he could hear the 3 roars as our goals hit the back of the net.

I guess there is always going to be some idiots. One indifferent half of football (not even that bad) and a few are moaning. They really should not bother going in the first place. We are not even asking them to take much rough with the smooth at the moment. If anyone near me had moaned I would have told them to have a word with themselves.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Conner Chaplin on 09:54 - Sep 4 with 969 viewsMeadowlark

Conner Chaplin on 16:43 - Sep 3 by pete81

Think he just tries to hard (if that's a thing) sometimes. Happened last season when he wasn't getting the space on the edge of the box he usually creates for himself again "lesser" opposition where he got his goals last season. Think he needs to relax a bit more against "the low block" . Still a top player at this level and will reach double figures no problem

It's not a thing. Too hard is though.
Conner Chaplin on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 853 viewsBlueBadger

Conner Chaplin on 08:07 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

There's a bellend in the row behind me that is constantly on the players' backs, calling them c***s quite often and generally losing his head every time we fall short of being prime Barcelona. I don't understand why he goes to the football, he seems to get no enjoyment out of it and seems to hate Ipswich. Really bizarre.

And there was me thinking that Elephant mostly attended Carrow Road.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Conner Chaplin on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 841 viewsWubbleU

Conner Chaplin on 07:38 - Sep 4 by textbackup

A decent % have only ever seen us winning, they’ve no idea what it’s like in the real world.

I love that we are where we are, but hate the new fans that come with it.

There was two bursts of booing. A smaller burst on the half time whistle, then loads when he walked off. Clearly no confusion on the 2nd boos that was for the sh!t ref. The first boos were a bit confusing. But as he had just made another sh!t decision I would say there is far more chance it was an instant response to the ref rather than any knobheads booing the players. Especially as they got a really good reception going off.
Indeed there were some boos on 13:32 - Sep 4 with 800 viewsDyland

And not all aimed at the ref. It's a tiny minority, but it really has to be said that it's a tiny minority of absolute total and utter weapons.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What a ridiculous knobhead on 13:37 - Sep 4 with 779 viewsDyland

Conner Chaplin on 08:36 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

We're lucky that the bods who got STs this season (or second half of last) next to and right behind me are very pleasant, calm and considered. There are a couple two rows back who've recently turned up and yell stuff like "Sunday fackin league" and "useless ffs" at any mistake middle aged fat men of course) but at least they aren't total oiks and do calm down when people scowl at them.

Complete cock innit on 13:38 - Sep 4 with 763 viewsDyland

Conner Chaplin on 08:07 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

And as for the person behind you...

;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024