Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office 02:04 - Sep 13 with 3489 viewsZapers

Impeachment inquiry begins in to 'corrupt' business dealings with his son Hunter.

Well there's a surprise!

Waits for the TWTD defence committee to arrive

This post has been edited by an administrator
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 03:47 - Sep 13 with 2534 viewsSE1blue

You might have a long wait in the ‘football’ forum for comments on politics.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 05:20 - Sep 13 with 2485 viewsZapers

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 03:47 - Sep 13 by SE1blue

You might have a long wait in the ‘football’ forum for comments on politics.

Yep, my bad. Posted in error. I’m not sure how to remove it.
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:04 - Sep 13 with 2453 viewsKropotkin123

The defence committee has voted and the decision was passed: "Anyone who can't spell sleepy is too stupid to warrant a rebuttal".

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:34 - Sep 13 with 2385 viewsdavblue

Hi Donald or have you shared your details with Rudy as well?
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:51 - Sep 13 with 2333 viewsZapers

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:04 - Sep 13 by Kropotkin123

The defence committee has voted and the decision was passed: "Anyone who can't spell sleepy is too stupid to warrant a rebuttal".

So an obvious typing error precludes you from commenting.

Right!
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:05 - Sep 13 with 2309 viewsPioneerBlue

I only down’d this not for the political view point but because it’s a political point in a football forum. That’s a misdemeanour in itself.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:06 - Sep 13 with 2305 viewsdickie

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:51 - Sep 13 by Zapers

Right!

No..
But it does help the image of you foaming at the mouth, frantically bashing your keyboard every time anything vaguely anti "the left" appears in the news
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:17 - Sep 13 with 2272 viewsGavTWTD

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 05:20 - Sep 13 by Zapers

Yep, my bad. Posted in error. I’m not sure how to remove it.

You edit it, change the category?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:35 - Sep 13 with 2216 viewsZapers

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:17 - Sep 13 by GavTWTD

You edit it, change the category?

I posted it on football by mistake, if I knew how to change it I would have also corrected the typo
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:38 - Sep 13 with 2197 viewsunstableblue

Biden is a PR train wreck and the democrats need to find a better candidate for the next presidential election.

As for you assertion that Biden is corrupt - “well there’s a surprise”

We’re miles away from that, miles.

This is a Republican house leader wanting to garner favour with the hard right to smooth through some upcoming votes.

This is an enquiry that really can’t find any evidence, and whose ‘star’ witness seems to suggest there is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Biden in relation to Hunter.

Should Bidens son have become a lobbyist, probably not. Is Biden corrupt and impeachable, probably not.

In the dumb world of headlines and social media politics will people equate this Biden noise to Trumps woes - yes!

Trump incited an insurrection, directly interfered in the election voting process, and mishandled classified documents.

But yeah sleepy corrupt Joe, hey!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:43 - Sep 13 with 2182 viewsiamatractorboy

Hasn't McCarthy merely said there are 'allegations'? That could apply to literally anyone if person B makes an 'allegation' about person A, then person C repeats it. One of the oldest tricks in the book. I am sure if there is actual, you know, EVIDENCE of wrongdoing then this will be presented. Until then, this can be dismissed as simple distraction tactics by the Republicans.
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:44 - Sep 13 with 2184 viewsStokieBlue

It's not going to happen.

The Republicans control the House and it's lead by McCarthy (after about 15 rounds of voting). They have been pushing this narrative for a year and with the elections coming up they were always going to push it. Even if the House votes to impeach then it will get rebuffed by the Senate which is controlled by the democrats.

So "first US president to be removed from office" would indicate your bias here as does the title of the post.

Let's also not forget, Trump was actually impeached twice and both times he was saved by the Senate which was Republican controlled at that point. Furthermore McCarthy criticised the Democrat leader of the house at the time (Pelosi) for starting impeachment enquires without holding a formal vote.

This is mainly about McCarthy trying to keep his job under pressure from the rightest members of the party. If Biden has done wrong then he should be investigated and it should move on from there, the hyperbole in your post isn't really the current state of play though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:46 - Sep 13 with 2173 viewsKropotkin123

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 06:51 - Sep 13 by Zapers

Right!

1. Here's my opinion
2. I'm going to categorise those that will counter my opinion belonging to a committee before they have a chance to comment on my opinion
3. If someone has the audacity to respond to my general stupidity instead, I will complain that they didn't respond to my original opinion.

Surely by reading this you can understand that you are a moron?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:55 - Sep 13 with 2146 viewsEdwardStone

Everything that Trump does, everything he and his cohorts attempt is in a code

Unlike Enigma and Lorenz, this code is not very hard to crack....

Trump and his friends are always very loud in pointing out what crimes and misdemeanours they imagine their opponents are commiting.

But actually the truth is that the Trump shower is actually committing that very crime

Blatantly, flagrantly and right in front of our eyes.

Some examples.....

Trump " Bwaaaa.... they stole the election." vs reality "I'm going to steal the election"

Trump " Antifa smashed up the Capitol on Jan 6th"....vs reality of Trump supporters smashed up the Capitol"

Trump "Bwaaa.... Biden family are grifters using public office for personal gain" vs reality of Kushner/Ivanka using their position to stiff the Saudis for $ 2 billion.

Trump " Bwaaa...Biden needs to be impeached" vs the reality that Trump needs to be banned from ever holding Public Office ever again.

It is not a complicated code, but quite easy to see what he is doing and how he is trying to manipulate his uncritical and unthinking supporters
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 11:36]
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:03 - Sep 13 with 2069 viewsiamatractorboy

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:55 - Sep 13 by EdwardStone

Trump and his friends are always very loud in pointing out what crimes and misdemeanours they imagine their opponents are commiting.

But actually the truth is that the Trump shower is actually committing that very crime

Some examples.....

Trump " Bwaaaa.... they stole the election." vs reality "I'm going to steal the election"

Trump " Antifa smashed up the Capitol on Jan 6th"....vs reality of Trump supporters smashed up the Capitol"

Trump "Bwaaa.... Biden family are grifters using public office for personal gain" vs reality of Kushner/Ivanka using their position to stiff the Saudis for $ 2 billion.

Trump " Bwaaa...Biden needs to be impeached" vs the reality that Trump needs to be banned from ever holding Public Office ever again.

It is not a complicated code, but quite easy to see what he is doing and how he is trying to manipulate his uncritical and unthinking supporters

Yep, more projection than a chain of Imax cinemas.
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:07 - Sep 13 with 2052 viewsDJR

In my view there is something not right about the US system because impeachments and charges are instigated by those who are members of one of the two main parties, thus calling into question the objectivity of the entire judicial system.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 8:08]
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:09 - Sep 13 with 1992 viewsunstableblue

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:55 - Sep 13 by EdwardStone

Some examples.....

Bang on

What is happening in the USA is the ‘great lie’

The great lie is that Trump is NOT a pernicious populist grifter who’s taking gullible people for a ride

The problem for America (and perhaps the UK if will allow the rise of GB News and the likes of Braverman) is the blowback and fallout on the culture and very societal fabric of the US is colossal. The polarisation is now ridiculous and the left media are becoming as bad as the right.

One really sinister direction which is gaining huge momentum is the paranoid fear of some deep state and sinister governmental plot for control… millions believe in this and are literally taking up arms, and forming militia. How is it possible in a modern US society to have men dressed in flack jackets carrying assault rifles and hand guns, patrolling schools and public offices to save ‘their freedom’

Finally client journalism (started by Murdoch and Fox) and social media have much to answer for. Musk in his weird playing to the right game has given Tucker Carlson a huge audience on X/Twitter.. where Trump can go and spout lies, where Putin is supported… and where, check this out, a discredited fraudster can go in front of millions and state he had gay sex and smoked crack with Obama… I mean this is totally bonkers. At least Musk expressed some concern on that one!!!

Key takeaway - look at the US in horror, and don’t let it happen here.

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 1873 viewsunstableblue

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:07 - Sep 13 by DJR

In my view there is something not right about the US system because impeachments and charges are instigated by those who are members of one of the two main parties, thus calling into question the objectivity of the entire judicial system.

That may be correct.

But wouldn’t it be weird if say in the UK Rishi Sunak WASN’T in some way sanctioned, if he:

- lost the next general election
- rang local conservative councillors asking them to change the result of ballots, and when they refused, demonised them
- put pressure on a Tory house speaker to affect the result, and when they refused, demonised them
- put together a team of dodgy, conspiracy fuelled, lawyers, to make wild claims about voting system technology fraud being influenced by the Venezuelans
- put on a large scale rally on parliament square on the day of the new parliament, and fired them up with rhetoric to go and take back control he House of Commons
- oh and raised millions to fund the above, with very little transparency of where the money went

I mean that’s all too mental to ever happen though, right?!?!

A must watch for those interested in post truth Trumpian politics on 08:48 - Sep 13 with 1814 viewsunstableblue

He’s is THE GREAT LIE

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:52 - Sep 13 with 1802 viewsDJR

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:28 - Sep 13 by unstableblue

That may be correct.

But wouldn’t it be weird if say in the UK Rishi Sunak WASN’T in some way sanctioned, if he:

- rang local conservative councillors asking them to change the result of ballots, and when they refused, demonised them
- put pressure on a Tory house speaker to affect the result, and when they refused, demonised them
- put together a team of dodgy, conspiracy fuelled, lawyers, to make wild claims about voting system technology fraud being influenced by the Venezuelans
- put on a large scale rally on parliament square on the day of the new parliament, and fired them up with rhetoric to go and take back control he House of Commons
- oh and raised millions to fund the above, with very little transparency of where the money went

But we have what I would regard as an independent prosecution and judicial system, not say, Democrat district attorneys and Republican Supreme Court judges.

It is a principle in this country (but not apparently in the States) that justice must not only be done but be seen to be done.
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:54 - Sep 13 with 1786 viewsGuthrum

It's an inquiry not proceedings. It will take an immensely long time. The evedence, if any, will be exceedingly thin gruel. The impeachment will not pass the Senate. Even if it did, Harris would be Biden's replacement.

But this is really just revenge for Trump's two impeachment attempts and a sop to the cultists biting at McCarthy's heels.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 1708 viewsElderGrizzly

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:38 - Sep 13 by unstableblue

Biden is a PR train wreck and the democrats need to find a better candidate for the next presidential election.

As for you assertion that Biden is corrupt - “well there’s a surprise”

We’re miles away from that, miles.

This is a Republican house leader wanting to garner favour with the hard right to smooth through some upcoming votes.

This is an enquiry that really can’t find any evidence, and whose ‘star’ witness seems to suggest there is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Biden in relation to Hunter.

Should Bidens son have become a lobbyist, probably not. Is Biden corrupt and impeachable, probably not.

In the dumb world of headlines and social media politics will people equate this Biden noise to Trumps woes - yes!

Trump incited an insurrection, directly interfered in the election voting process, and mishandled classified documents.

But yeah sleepy corrupt Joe, hey!

And Trump's daughter made $640m while in the White House off her father's name.

Kushner took a $2bn fund from the Saudis. Does he get that without Trump in the White House? No...

All the clips with the GOP yesterday reeling off their list of allegations, everyone is what Trump has done and is in court for. The lack of self-awareness is remarkable.

But as you say, this is political to take the noise of Trump for a few weeks. McCarthy is supposed to take any impeachment proceedings to the House before they start, but his own party were going to vote against. So they have simply carried on regardless.
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 09:11 - Sep 13 with 1696 viewsXYZ

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:28 - Sep 13 by unstableblue

That may be correct.

Got his mad supporters to violently invade Buckingham Palace to prevent the King asking Starmer to form a government ...
So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 09:12 - Sep 13 with 1693 viewsGuthrum

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 08:07 - Sep 13 by DJR

Congressional impeachment is not part of the judicial system in the US (neither is its parliamentary equivalent in the UK, which does exist). It's basically creating a new, retrospective law against a specific individual, because they've done or represent something the assembly doesn't like. They do not even have a right to defence. It has always been political, right back to Greek and Roman times, from which it is descended.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 09:25 - Sep 13 with 1649 viewsWeWereZombies

So sleapy Joe could become the first U.S. presidentto be removed from office on 07:35 - Sep 13 by Zapers

I posted it on football by mistake, if I knew how to change it I would have also corrected the typo

At the bottom of the box containing your original post there is a 'speech bubble' with a plus sign superimposed on it - click on that and an edit window opens with your original post header followed by the text of the post followed by boxes for 'football' and 'general'. You can change the 'sleapy' for 'sleepy' in the header (or 'sleazy' if that is what you meant to type) and then click on general at the bottom before you click on 'update post'.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024