Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched 05:46 - Sep 29 with 3760 viewsChris_ITFC

I mean, er, crackdown…

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/28/ticket-touting-policy/

Particularly enjoyable:
“Are there any supporters who are an exception to this and can resell tickets?
No, there are no exceptions.”
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 06:30 - Sep 29 with 3677 viewsLongLegs

I bought my ticket for Plymouth at home yesterday with my super blue membership but the ticket has not come through on email just confirmation of the purchase. Do I now need to collect from the club or should I of got the ticket sent through?
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 06:31 - Sep 29 with 3654 viewsSitfcB

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 06:30 - Sep 29 by LongLegs

I bought my ticket for Plymouth at home yesterday with my super blue membership but the ticket has not come through on email just confirmation of the purchase. Do I now need to collect from the club or should I of got the ticket sent through?

The ticket is usually on the confirmation email.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 07:44 - Sep 29 with 3506 viewsITFC_Forever

I can see the logic for away games.

But for home games, surely asking the club for a pdf for a game you can’t make rather than just giving your ST card to your friend / family member is just a pain for all concerned?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 07:57 - Sep 29 with 3436 viewsDJR

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 07:44 - Sep 29 by ITFC_Forever

But for home games, surely asking the club for a pdf for a game you can’t make rather than just giving your ST card to your friend / family member is just a pain for all concerned?

The revised season ticket rules indicate it is still possible to lend your card, so I would rely on that.

1.6 The Club permits the holder of this Season Ticket card to allow another supporter to use this card and its associated seat if they are unable to attend a match. The other supporter using this card must be of the same price band category as the holder of the card. Furthermore, the holder of this Season Ticket is responsible for ensuring that any person using their Season Ticket observes these conditions and the Ground Regulations of ITFC. Failure to do so will entitle the Club to withdraw and cancel the Season Ticket without reimbursement.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 7:58]
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:01 - Sep 29 with 3389 viewstextbackup

Let’s be honest, nobody will ask the club if handing tickets to friends or family.
Especially if it’s like for like. Obviously paying to upgrade if an adult takes a kids ticket is needed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:06 - Sep 29 with 3346 viewshype313

The sooner they implement a proper ticketing exchange website like the bigger clubs do the better.

This has been brought up due to one self proclaimed ITFC messiah trying to make money from fellow town fans.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:09 - Sep 29 with 3318 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:06 - Sep 29 by hype313

The sooner they implement a proper ticketing exchange website like the bigger clubs do the better.

This has been brought up due to one self proclaimed ITFC messiah trying to make money from fellow town fans.

The exchange website would suit the likes of me down to the ground and I'd be using it as often as possible where applicable - here's hoping from a selfish perspective but also from a fair perspective

As for an individual making profit from fellow fans - did he actually make on the tickets ? If so he needs a good talking to !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:17 - Sep 29 with 3252 viewsGipeswic

I guess the pdf option allows you to email the pdf to whoever is using your ST if you cannot physically hand over your ST because you live miles apart? Also saves having to get your ST back! I don't think it means you have to ask for a pdf every time e.g. someone in your household.
Login to get fewer ads

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:20 - Sep 29 with 3221 viewsitfcjoe

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 06:30 - Sep 29 by LongLegs

I had to phone TO yesterday and they said they are aware of an issue where tickets weren't attached and they will be resending them all when sorted

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:20 - Sep 29 with 3213 viewsDJR

It's a shame in a way that they don't allow for away games what they do for home games, but the clampdown is what happens when people abuse the system.

A friend of ours doesn't have a season ticket because he can't get to all games, but he uses one of our season cards if one of us is away.

We similarly share our membership with him for away games that he wants to go to when one of us can't make it.

As he is a friend, this is not in any way ticket touting, but the clampdown will affect him.

He does have his own membership but no additional points, so for the future he will just have to try to get a ticket himself (sitting on his own), and will hopefully be able to build up his own points for next season, subject to his priority being enough to getting tickets for the games he wants to go it.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 8:46]
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:42 - Sep 29 with 3098 viewsyorkshireblue

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:20 - Sep 29 by DJR

It's a shame in a way that they don't allow for away games what they do for home games, but the clampdown is what happens when people abuse the system.

A friend of ours doesn't have a season ticket because he can't get to all games, but he uses one of our season cards if one of us is away.

We similarly share our membership with him for away games that he wants to go to when one of us can't make it.

As he is a friend, this is not in any way ticket touting, but the clampdown will affect him.

He does have his own membership but no additional points, so for the future he will just have to try to get a ticket himself (sitting on his own), and will hopefully be able to build up his own points for next season, subject to his priority being enough to getting tickets for the games he wants to go it.

I started on 5 points as I wasn't a member last year despite 12 games - and every game so far this season has gone down to membership level so he'll be able to build his points up and get to any game he wants with the exception of Norwich and cup draws.
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:45 - Sep 29 with 3074 viewsDJR

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:42 - Sep 29 by yorkshireblue

I started on 5 points as I wasn't a member last year despite 12 games - and every game so far this season has gone down to membership level so he'll be able to build his points up and get to any game he wants with the exception of Norwich and cup draws.

Thanks for that.
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:47 - Sep 29 with 3059 viewsozzy_itfc

Read the article carefully. It says they will check to ensure the purchaser is the one collecting tickets.

If he is your friend, then presumably you are linked to each others accounts on ITFC Tickets webpage. This means if he wants to use your membership to purchase an away ticket he can make the purchase but using your membership through his account.

He is then the ticket purchaser and will not be breaking any ticket touting laws. Although arguably breaking moral code of building up points for you when you aren't attending but I won't get involved in that debate.
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 09:03 - Sep 29 with 2972 viewsZx1988

Yes, the 'no exceptions' line is as subtle as a brick through a plate glass window. It's almost as if they had a pretty good idea of the line that certain parties would be peddling next.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 09:08 - Sep 29 with 2924 viewsDJR

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:47 - Sep 29 by ozzy_itfc

Read the article carefully. It says they will check to ensure the purchaser is the one collecting tickets.

If he is your friend, then presumably you are linked to each others accounts on ITFC Tickets webpage. This means if he wants to use your membership to purchase an away ticket he can make the purchase but using your membership through his account.

He is then the ticket purchaser and will not be breaking any ticket touting laws. Although arguably breaking moral code of building up points for you when you aren't attending but I won't get involved in that debate.

I hadn't realised that, but the moral point is one I am conscious of, and for that reason I will probably suggest he tries to build up his own points.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 9:09]
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 09:58 - Sep 29 with 2778 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:09 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

The exchange website would suit the likes of me down to the ground and I'd be using it as often as possible where applicable - here's hoping from a selfish perspective but also from a fair perspective

As for an individual making profit from fellow fans - did he actually make on the tickets ? If so he needs a good talking to !

I guess they may even make a loss after the itfc handling fee per ticket!
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 10:10 - Sep 29 with 2735 viewstivo

Quite funny reading all the 'diehards' on twitter shouting about how those who don't go to games got what they wanted...

Surely this only affects the few 'diehards' who were buying and selling tickets for away games they couldn't make. It effects nobody else...
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 10:20 - Sep 29 with 2662 viewsbrazil1982

Is that friend me?!
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 11:33 - Sep 29 with 2506 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:47 - Sep 29 by ozzy_itfc

What ID is required when collecting the tickets at the away grounds? Your season ticket to prove your customer number? Creating extra work for home ticketing dept and inconvenience for itfc.

Worried your ticket may not be there.
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 11:53 - Sep 29 with 2454 viewsDJR

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 10:20 - Sep 29 by brazil1982

Is that friend me?!

May well be!

EDIT; I've just checked your posting history and am sure you are not, but your position and my friend's is presumably not uncommon, and one of the posters has suggested a solution.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 12:00]
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:38 - Sep 29 with 2218 viewsozzy_itfc

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 11:33 - Sep 29 by BtreeBlueBlood

What ID is required when collecting the tickets at the away grounds? Your season ticket to prove your customer number? Creating extra work for home ticketing dept and inconvenience for itfc.

Worried your ticket may not be there.

I would assume just something like a driving license to prove name and address of the person who purchased the tickets. IE, the name and address that is on the envelope if they send it out in the post.

Ticket touting is you buying a ticket and selling to someone else. So, if your mate bought a ticket and you turn up at an away ground to collect it you won't get it, as you won't have ID to prove you are them.

Buying a ticket using your name / account but exploiting the system to use someone elses membership because their account is linked to yours is not ticket touting, you bought the tickets, but is probably morally wrong.
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:48 - Sep 29 with 2166 viewsLongLegs

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:20 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

I had to phone TO yesterday and they said they are aware of an issue where tickets weren't attached and they will be resending them all when sorted

Thank you
Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:56 - Sep 29 with 2124 viewshoppy

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 08:20 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

Do you think they'll do that en masse... or if I didn't have it attached, would I need to give them a call about it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:58 - Sep 29 with 2107 viewsitfcjoe

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:56 - Sep 29 by hoppy

Do you think they'll do that en masse... or if I didn't have it attached, would I need to give them a call about it?

It was on the automated message when you phone so assume it would be done en masse but not sure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:59 - Sep 29 with 2100 viewshoppy

Ticket Tout Crunchdown Launched on 14:58 - Sep 29 by itfcjoe

It was on the automated message when you phone so assume it would be done en masse but not sure

Will wait and see, cheers.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024