Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learnt today 23:01 - Oct 7 with 3070 viewsnodge_blue

1. This has gone beyond a good start into something else. Where we are, with the points we have, it’s getting to we wouldn’t have this type of start again, so let’s not waste it.
2. Williams was excellent. You can see McKenna wanted a carbon copy of Davis down the right. Are there two better full backs in the league? Feel a bit for Harry. He’s not done much wrong. But Williams looks better defensively and a confident lad in possession.
3. Players looked a touch tired for the first time. Good time for the international break.
4. Can I be a little worried about us looking open and conceding from few chances. Didn’t Leeds almost score from every opportunity too? I would like in time to see Tuanzebe play. Be interested to hear a journalist ask if he’s close to selection.
5. Mick mills was right. I’m not sure where Hutchinson was asked to play. He looked like he was playing very right and getting in the same space as Jackson.
6. Can we stop posting on the budgie message boards! Let them be. Let’s gloat when we have something to gloat about.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learnt today on 00:21 - Oct 8 with 2821 viewstonybied

On your Hutchinson point, it looked to me like he was given a free role as he popped up on the left and the centre too as well as the same space as Kayden. He was coming in from the left-hand side for his assist in Kaydens goal.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 0:36]
What we learnt today on 00:48 - Oct 8 with 2755 viewsHarryMunk

nodge-blue,

Quick question, have you ever heard of paragraph spacing?

If so, don't be shy, you should use them more often.
What we learnt today on 01:10 - Oct 8 with 2710 viewsWeWereZombies

What we learnt today on 00:48 - Oct 8 by HarryMunk

nodge-blue,

Is paragraph spacing really necessary when you have clearly numbered points providing quite coherent breaks as you read ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

What we learnt today on 05:41 - Oct 8 with 2507 viewsHarryMunk

What we learnt today on 01:10 - Oct 8 by WeWereZombies

Is paragraph spacing really necessary when you have clearly numbered points providing quite coherent breaks as you read ?

No.

Also, please don't be afraid to use a comma in your next reply.

Thank you x
What we learnt today on 06:58 - Oct 8 with 2394 viewstonybied

What we learnt today on 05:41 - Oct 8 by HarryMunk

No.

Thank you x

Blimey.

Who, appointed you.
The grama po po
What we learnt today on 07:49 - Oct 8 with 2277 viewsjasondozzell

Good post. Agree with all of that! We definitely looked a little leggy at points today (though a leggy us is still brilliant!) and with the intensity we play at, we're going to need tob manage rest periods well.

The good news is that we're playing on better pitches than last year, we've got a top level spots science dept now and McKenna had built a squad that can cope with wholesale changes whilst still playing the same style. Plus the buy in from players is huge. See no reason why we can't keep up our levels even during winter.
What we learnt today on 08:00 - Oct 8 with 2232 viewsNthQldITFC

No.

Thank you x

No offence, but I'm a bas***d for overdoing the commas, I know it and I can't help it, but even I can't see where WWZ needs a comma in that sentence.

The space before the question mark though...
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 8:00]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What we learnt today on 08:53 - Oct 8 with 2083 viewsnodge_blue

What we learnt today on 00:48 - Oct 8 by HarryMunk

nodge-blue,

That has made me smile. I’ve had some stuff thrown at me over the years, often by another Harry, but never my lack of paragraph spacing. I’m on the case Harry.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

What we learnt today on 09:05 - Oct 8 with 2040 viewsCoastalblue

What we learnt today on 08:00 - Oct 8 by NthQldITFC

No offence, but I'm a bas***d for overdoing the commas, I know it and I can't help it, but even I can't see where WWZ needs a comma in that sentence.

Suffering with the same issue, I've just wasted two minutes considering the same issue and concur, no comma required.

Having had work edited in the past, 90% of the changes are superflous commas being carved out.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What we learnt today on 09:27 - Oct 8 with 1978 viewsEwan_Oozami

What we learnt today on 09:05 - Oct 8 by Coastalblue

Suffering with the same issue, I've just wasted two minutes considering the same issue and concur, no comma required.

Having had work edited in the past, 90% of the changes are superflous commas being carved out.

The best writing advice I received was; if there are more than 4 commas in a sentence, you probably need another sentence.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What we learnt today on 09:32 - Oct 8 with 1944 viewsKeno

No.

Thank you x

and please feel free not to be a complete dick when posting

lots of love xx

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What we learnt today on 09:33 - Oct 8 with 1940 viewsDarkBrandon

What we learnt today on 09:27 - Oct 8 by Ewan_Oozami

The best writing advice I received was; if there are more than 4 commas in a sentence, you probably need another sentence.

Don’t tell Proust
What we learnt today on 09:40 - Oct 8 with 1905 viewsKeno

What we learnt today on 09:33 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

Don’t tell Proust

why? will it put him of his driving?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What we learnt today on 09:47 - Oct 8 with 1871 viewsEwan_Oozami

What we learnt today on 09:33 - Oct 8 by DarkBrandon

Don’t tell Proust

Doesn't apply to the French, the longer the sentence the better the text as far as they're concerned.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What we learnt today on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 1818 viewsSwansea_Blue

What we learnt today on 08:00 - Oct 8 by NthQldITFC

People, who, overuse, commas, are, simply, wrong, ‘uns.

Agree with the assessments in the OP. Tuanzebe will be featuring fairly soon, as KM’s answered questions about him lately. I can’t remember exactly when but it sounds imminent (using the traditional definition of that word, not Gav’s ).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What we learnt today on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 1820 viewsHerbivore

Back on track, I agree that this looks to be more than a good start now but we've got to stick with the mantra of being humble and just focusing on the next match. It's worked so far and has seen us improving game by game. Prior to the last two home games, we'd only won one game by more than a single goal and we were playing really well but not quite putting games to bed. What's pleasing is that we've done that in our last two games, against opponents in the top 6, and both games could have been even bigger wins. That suggests a step up in performance level and certainly the first half yesterday and most of the game on Tuesday looked a step up from us, just dominant in so many ways.

Williams was superb, looked every inch a Prem player. We did look leggy at times second half but 7 games in 21 days with only a bit of rotation explains that. Not sure I'd agree we looked open, though Burgess didn't do well for the first goal but they then got a bit of luck with Davis covering and the ball ricocheting straight to their player. Second one was poor marking but still needed a deflection to take it in. Those were their only two shots on target in the whole game. We can get better in that area but I don't think it's a huge concern, especially with how much we create.

Hutchinson was a straight swap for Chappers so was playing as a 10. Like Chappers, his natural inclination is to drift into that inside right position but he had freedom to pop up all over the shop, which he did for the fourth goal to great effect.

Agree that posting on Nodge forums is tinpot stuff. I haven't even bothered bantering with my Nodge supporting friends, too busy enjoying the ride to care much about them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What we learnt today on 10:28 - Oct 8 with 1748 viewsWeWereZombies

What we learnt today on 09:47 - Oct 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Doesn't apply to the French, the longer the sentence the better the text as far as they're concerned.

Or a certain Irishman:

'Often cited for being the longest sentence ever written is one by author James Joyce. In his novel Ulysses, the character Molly Bloom has a monologue that goes on for 36 pages and has a total of 3,687 words. The only reason that a sentence this long works is because it is a monologue.'

https://irisreading.com/exceptionally-long-sentences-literature-why-they-work/#:

And there was I thinking that a monologue was when you take a dump and the thing just goes on and on.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

What we learnt today on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 1369 viewsHarryMunk

What we learnt today on 09:32 - Oct 8 by Keno

and please feel free not to be a complete dick when posting

lots of love xx

Keno,

I am unable to guarantee that sweetlips.

Also, the use of capitals in your next post would be useful in keeping the 'dick in me', subdued.

Hugs, kisses and plenty of Harry Munk
x
What we learnt today on 19:48 - Oct 12 with 1366 viewsHarryMunk

What we learnt today on 06:58 - Oct 8 by tonybied

Blimey.

Who, appointed you.
The grama po po

A Secondary Education x
What we learnt today on 19:53 - Oct 12 with 1331 viewsnoggin

What we learnt today on 19:48 - Oct 12 by HarryMunk

A Secondary Education x

Is that the title of a film?

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024