Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy weighing in 10:08 - Oct 9 with 4929 viewsBuffaloBill

Last thing we need tbh

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Morsy weighing in on 10:18 - Oct 9 with 3973 viewsBlueNomad

On what?
Morsy weighing in on 10:20 - Oct 9 with 3949 viewsfarkenhell

Boxing?
Morsy weighing in on 10:22 - Oct 9 with 3922 viewsDanTheMan

Morsy weighing in on 10:18 - Oct 9 by BlueNomad

On what?

Israel and Palestine conflict.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morsy weighing in on 10:24 - Oct 9 with 3885 viewsBlueNomad

Morsy weighing in on 10:22 - Oct 9 by DanTheMan

Israel and Palestine conflict.

I'm guessing
Morsy weighing in on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 3848 viewsBuffaloBill

Morsy weighing in on 10:24 - Oct 9 by BlueNomad

I'm guessing

Morsy weighing in on 10:45 - Oct 9 with 3676 viewsstickymockwell

Morsy weighing in on 10:29 - Oct 9 by BuffaloBill

There's nothing racist in that. He's very much entitled to have that view.
I guess we all have to tread carefully though after the horrific happenings this weekend especially if you're in the public eye.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Morsy weighing in on 10:52 - Oct 9 with 3572 viewsLankHenners

Morsy weighing in on 10:29 - Oct 9 by BuffaloBill

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Morsy weighing in on 10:54 - Oct 9 with 3530 viewsBuffaloBill

Morsy weighing in on 10:52 - Oct 9 by LankHenners

Unfortunately tweeting this is vague and unhelpful, he can do all that when the dust settled, not when 260 bodies have been recovered from a music festival ffs.

Stupid timing.

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy weighing in on 10:58 - Oct 9 with 3474 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy weighing in on 10:45 - Oct 9 by stickymockwell

I guess we all have to tread carefully though after the horrific happenings this weekend especially if you're in the public eye.

Where has anyone said that it was racist?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Morsy weighing in on 10:58 - Oct 9 with 3463 viewsBlueNomad

Morsy weighing in on 10:54 - Oct 9 by BuffaloBill

Unfortunately tweeting this is vague and unhelpful, he can do all that when the dust settled, not when 260 bodies have been recovered from a music festival ffs.

Stupid timing.

There is a difference between supporting the existence of Palestine and supporting Hamas. Most people who held the view that there should be a united Ireland didn't support the IRA.
Morsy weighing in on 11:06 - Oct 9 with 3338 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy weighing in on 10:58 - Oct 9 by BlueNomad

There is a difference between supporting the existence of Palestine and supporting Hamas. Most people who held the view that there should be a united Ireland didn't support the IRA.

It’s the timing.

We all support Ukraine against the butchery of Putin’s invasion. We’ve all at some time put up the “I Stand With Ukraine “ memes and had a Ukrainian flags as avatars.

Now imagine that tomorrow, Zelensky sends in special ops across the Russian border. They murder nearly 300 innocent Russians at a rock concert. Then go door to door murdering women and children. Gang rapping women and uploading the scenes to the relatives and friends of the victims on Facebook.

Anyone in here going to put up and “I Stand With Ukraine” meme or have a Ukrainian flag as an avatar just 24 hours later?

Iron Lion Zion

Morsy weighing in on 11:31 - Oct 9 with 3156 viewsBlueNomad

Morsy weighing in on 11:06 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

It’s the timing.

We all support Ukraine against the butchery of Putin’s invasion. We’ve all at some time put up the “I Stand With Ukraine “ memes and had a Ukrainian flags as avatars.

Now imagine that tomorrow, Zelensky sends in special ops across the Russian border. They murder nearly 300 innocent Russians at a rock concert. Then go door to door murdering women and children. Gang rapping women and uploading the scenes to the relatives and friends of the victims on Facebook.

Anyone in here going to put up and “I Stand With Ukraine” meme or have a Ukrainian flag as an avatar just 24 hours later?

Point taken. No situation like this is binary and Hamas have undoubtedly done the Palestinian cause great harm.

The example you give is slightly different in that Zelensky / Ukraine are state actors. The bottom line is that all killing etc is horrendous, whether the cause is just or not. Morsy has made it clear that he is against the violence but, if we are not careful, many people in the west will believe that the Palestinians are collectively responsible for it. In the 70's, when we were admittedly not exposed to as much news, many thought that each time an airliner was hi-jacked and the Munich Olympic village was attacked.
Morsy weighing in on 11:38 - Oct 9 with 3090 viewsfactual_blue

Morsy weighing in on 10:45 - Oct 9 by stickymockwell

And it's a more than reasonable standpoint to take.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Morsy weighing in on 12:01 - Oct 9 with 2907 viewsJackNorthStand

Morsy weighing in on 10:54 - Oct 9 by BuffaloBill

Stupid timing.

He has now tweeted he doesn't support any terrorism, I take that as meaning from both sides including the recent events.

I understand the initial tweet may have been taken that way by some but I think he has now cleared it up. Lets move on. He is Muslim there is no surprise he has a strong interest and feelings towards Palestine. Doesn't mean he supports the actions of Hamas.
Morsy weighing in on 12:22 - Oct 9 with 2784 viewsstickymockwell

Morsy weighing in on 10:58 - Oct 9 by GlasgowBlue

Where has anyone said that it was racist?

No one has.
I was was trying to convey that the condemnation comes usually because of a racist tweet. The occupation of Palestine is going to p1ss a few people off. He's entitled to feel that way and show support for what he believes is unjust.
He's said he doesn't support terrorism in any way and the deaths are heartbreaking.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Morsy weighing in on 12:38 - Oct 9 with 2645 viewsHighgateBlue

Out of interest, can anybody who is well-informed in respect of Middle East politics explain what Egypt’s involvement in the blockade of Gaza is? I’m just interested in that aspect of it, as obviously Morsy is Egyptian and is speaking up for Palestine.

The situation is horrific and complex, and I never feel like I quite have a grasp of all the facts.
Morsy weighing in on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 2578 viewsGlasgowBlue

Morsy weighing in on 12:38 - Oct 9 by HighgateBlue

Out of interest, can anybody who is well-informed in respect of Middle East politics explain what Egypt’s involvement in the blockade of Gaza is? I’m just interested in that aspect of it, as obviously Morsy is Egyptian and is speaking up for Palestine.

The situation is horrific and complex, and I never feel like I quite have a grasp of all the facts.

Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005. When Hamas took control Israel immediately closed its border for obvious reason. Egypt did the same because of Iran’s influence over Hamas.

Although I suppose it does beg the question that as a strong supporter of freedom for Palestine, why doesn’t Morsy refuse to play for the Egyptian national team whilst its government continues to impose a blockade on Gaza.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 12:56]

Iron Lion Zion

Morsy weighing in on 12:54 - Oct 9 with 2502 viewsfactual_blue

Morsy weighing in on 12:38 - Oct 9 by HighgateBlue

It's a bit like the Schleswig-Holstein question, or the Irish Question. Of the former Lord Palmerston said

“The Schleswig-Holstein question is so complicated, only three men in Europe have ever understood it. One was Prince Albert, who is dead. The second was a German professor who became mad. I am the third and I have forgotten all about it.” .

Of the latter 1066 And All That observed

“Gladstone .. spent his declining years trying to guess the answer to the Irish Question; unfortunately, whenever he was getting warm, the Irish secretly changed the Question, ...”
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 12:55]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Morsy weighing in on 13:01 - Oct 9 with 2416 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It’s the timing.

Quite. Morsy is entitled to his view on Palestine. It is one I share myself.

It is terrible timing.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Morsy weighing in on 13:06 - Oct 9 with 2386 viewsblueasfook

Morsy weighing in on 12:54 - Oct 9 by factual_blue

It's a bit like the Schleswig-Holstein question, or the Irish Question. Of the former Lord Palmerston said

“The Schleswig-Holstein question is so complicated, only three men in Europe have ever understood it. One was Prince Albert, who is dead. The second was a German professor who became mad. I am the third and I have forgotten all about it.” .

Of the latter 1066 And All That observed

“Gladstone .. spent his declining years trying to guess the answer to the Irish Question; unfortunately, whenever he was getting warm, the Irish secretly changed the Question, ...”
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 12:55]

Would have been much less effort for you to just write "I don't know".

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Morsy weighing in on 13:07 - Oct 9 with 2360 viewspointofblue

Morsy weighing in on 13:01 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

Quite. Morsy is entitled to his view on Palestine. It is one I share myself.

It is terrible timing.

Think he just needed to add a bit more clarity, and that's where character limits come into play. Now is not the time to post Free Palestine without context, hence he was challenged. I'm sure he meant that Hamas' attack is barbaric but the suffering of the Palestinian people and events which have led to this should not be overlooked.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy weighing in on 13:10 - Oct 9 with 2331 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Morsy weighing in on 13:07 - Oct 9 by pointofblue

Think he just needed to add a bit more clarity, and that's where character limits come into play. Now is not the time to post Free Palestine without context, hence he was challenged. I'm sure he meant that Hamas' attack is barbaric but the suffering of the Palestinian people and events which have led to this should not be overlooked.

Oh absolutely. Completely agree with that.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Morsy weighing in on 13:14 - Oct 9 with 2288 viewsRadlett_blue

It’s the timing.

And i am very uncomfortable with all the Israeli flag waving, given the long, complicated and at times inglorious history of Palestine and the formation of Israel.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Morsy weighing in on 13:23 - Oct 9 with 2196 viewschicoazul

Captain Fantastic.
You’ll all get there in the end don’t worry.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Morsy weighing in on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 2187 viewsJakeITFC

Why is the last thing 'we' need?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024