Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New headphones needed.... 13:53 - Nov 2 with 3063 viewsitfcjoe

....any advice.

They need to be a bluetooth headset with a wire between the buds, that has a remote etc for phonecalls, start/stop etc.

I've been using Bose Soundsport Wireless for years, but current pair have gone, and whilst Bose are upgrading them for me for nothing, they are to a new product which doesn't have the wire between the buds....the Quiet Comfort 2. As the Soundsport has been discontinued.

This is what they currently look like (apart from in black) if that helps

Cheers all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New headphones needed.... on 13:57 - Nov 2 with 2697 viewswkj

Go with the bling. All the young'ens like these

Bargain at £18 from Bezos' Emporium

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New headphones needed.... on 14:00 - Nov 2 with 2683 viewsblueasfook

Over-ear I'd recommend for a) better sound quality b) better noise cancelling c) better battery life d) comfort

Just over ear. That is all. Lots of good brands like Bose, Sennheiser, etc.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 14:00]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

New headphones needed.... on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 2633 viewsDarkHorse

Why do you need the wire?
New headphones needed.... on 14:05 - Nov 2 with 2626 viewsitfcjoe

New headphones needed.... on 14:00 - Nov 2 by blueasfook

Over-ear I'd recommend for a) better sound quality b) better noise cancelling c) better battery life d) comfort

Just over ear. That is all. Lots of good brands like Bose, Sennheiser, etc.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 14:00]

I don't really need the sound quality, it's only mainly for podcasts

New headphones needed.... on 14:06 - Nov 2 with 2622 viewsitfcjoe

New headphones needed.... on 14:03 - Nov 2 by DarkHorse

Why do you need the wire?

Because I tend to wear them all day, and just handy to be able to put them in quickly when doing menial tasks, or when just wanting one in then the other can be just dangling opposed to in my pocket.

Lots of reasons, also, have had wired ones for years and years, worn them day in day out and never lost them

New headphones needed.... on 14:16 - Nov 2 with 2577 viewsDarkHorse

New headphones needed.... on 14:06 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Because I tend to wear them all day, and just handy to be able to put them in quickly when doing menial tasks, or when just wanting one in then the other can be just dangling opposed to in my pocket.

Lots of reasons, also, have had wired ones for years and years, worn them day in day out and never lost them

Fair enough. Can't help you much there, unfortunately. I switched to fully wireless (TWS) years ago and never looked back. Soundpeats or Soundcore provide good vfm if they still make them though.

Have a look on reddit if you don't get much luck here.
New headphones needed.... on 14:17 - Nov 2 with 2573 viewsericclacton

New headphones needed.... on 13:57 - Nov 2 by wkj

I've got two pears of those, i find them comfortable when i'm playing on my indoor swing.

and i'm old enough to be my father.

New headphones needed.... on 14:18 - Nov 2 with 2563 viewsKeno

I use a pair of these which I am happy to recommend, but they arent wired

https://www.rha-audio.com/headphones/wireless/trueconnect-2?c=150

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

New headphones needed.... on 14:23 - Nov 2 with 2548 viewsericclacton

New headphones needed.... on 13:57 - Nov 2 by wkj

New headphones needed.... on 14:37 - Nov 2 with 2501 viewswkj

Not wired, but these bad boys will have you looking the part at the same time.

Perfect for your weekly dose of PMQs or when you're trying to knock up an eggs benedict. Middle age never looked or sounded so good.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New headphones needed.... on 14:46 - Nov 2 with 2465 viewsericclacton

New headphones needed.... on 14:37 - Nov 2 by wkj

Perfect for your weekly dose of PMQs or when you're trying to knock up an eggs benedict. Middle age never looked or sounded so good.

WOW i'm going to stop painting my lavatory now i don't want paint on my free as a bird.

New headphones needed.... on 14:50 - Nov 2 with 2439 viewsjontysnut

Is he Joe 90?
New headphones needed.... on 14:56 - Nov 2 with 2412 viewsericclacton

What on earth is Stella doing taking in a lodger, Pip is going to hit the Ruth, do you think that or not please.

New headphones needed.... on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 2389 viewsericclacton

New headphones needed.... on 14:56 - Nov 2 by ericclacton

What on earth is Stella doing taking in a lodger, Pip is going to hit the Ruth, do you think that or not please.

Hello is there anybody there.

New headphones needed.... on 15:03 - Nov 2 with 2390 viewschicoazul

Onna related topic the enforced shift to Bluetooth from wired headphones is one of the great modern crimes against humanity.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New headphones needed.... on 15:19 - Nov 2 with 2366 viewsDarkHorse

New headphones needed.... on 15:03 - Nov 2 by chicoazul

Onna related topic the enforced shift to Bluetooth from wired headphones is one of the great modern crimes against humanity.

New headphones needed.... on 16:23 - Nov 2 with 2247 viewsfactual_blue

New headphones needed.... on 14:18 - Nov 2 by Keno

I use a pair of these which I am happy to recommend, but they arent wired

https://www.rha-audio.com/headphones/wireless/trueconnect-2?c=150

You can't go wrong with a couple of pairs of these

https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/spirit-torino-valkayria-titanium-headphone?size

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

New headphones needed.... on 17:09 - Nov 2 with 2195 viewsPlums

New headphones needed.... on 15:03 - Nov 2 by chicoazul

I have both. What's been forced?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 17:10]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

New headphones needed.... on 17:52 - Nov 2 with 2159 viewsTheMoralMajority

New headphones needed.... on 17:09 - Nov 2 by Plums

I have both. What's been forced?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 17:10]

This is a huge bug bear of mine, but I'll try to avoid going into a long winded rant about it.

There is 0 reason to remove headphone jacks from phones. It is purely done to sell you more e-waste that you cannot change the batteries of and will eventually end up in landfill.

You will be told 'aha! There is choice! You can buy phones with a headphone jack'. And this is true, if you don't mind buying an underpowered PoS that will also end up in landfill in 2 years.

Meanwhile, they are all selling their amazing e-credentials with their solar powered data centers.

It is BS pure and simple.

Believe it or not, this is my incredibly edited down version of this rant.

____
Edit: I know I'm in the minority on this (OK boomer), but being in the minority doesn't make me wrong. See also people not giving a stuff about giving away their online privacy and letting Google control the internet.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:13]

...but do signatures really work?

New headphones needed.... on 21:54 - Nov 2 with 1999 viewsPlums

New headphones needed.... on 17:52 - Nov 2 by TheMoralMajority

This is a huge bug bear of mine, but I'll try to avoid going into a long winded rant about it.

There is 0 reason to remove headphone jacks from phones. It is purely done to sell you more e-waste that you cannot change the batteries of and will eventually end up in landfill.

You will be told 'aha! There is choice! You can buy phones with a headphone jack'. And this is true, if you don't mind buying an underpowered PoS that will also end up in landfill in 2 years.

Meanwhile, they are all selling their amazing e-credentials with their solar powered data centers.

It is BS pure and simple.

Believe it or not, this is my incredibly edited down version of this rant.

____
Edit: I know I'm in the minority on this (OK boomer), but being in the minority doesn't make me wrong. See also people not giving a stuff about giving away their online privacy and letting Google control the internet.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:13]

Thanks for the explanation.
I wasn't aware you could buy a phone without a headphone jack but then again, my phones tend to last longer than 5 minutes so I haven't bought one recently. However I've just checked and my wife's new phone, bought on Saturday also has one. We're obviously buying at the wrong end of the market but then again I can't actually believe what some people spend a month on them.

As for online privacy, I've been to China twice so it's not something that troubles me. That horse has well and truly bolted.

Edit: I did refuse to buy a car once because it couldn't get LW on the radio and TMS was only on LW at that time so I do know how annoying some 'progress' can be!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 21:58]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

New headphones needed.... on 23:21 - Nov 2 with 1941 viewsTheMoralMajority

New headphones needed.... on 21:54 - Nov 2 by Plums

Thanks for the explanation.
I wasn't aware you could buy a phone without a headphone jack but then again, my phones tend to last longer than 5 minutes so I haven't bought one recently. However I've just checked and my wife's new phone, bought on Saturday also has one. We're obviously buying at the wrong end of the market but then again I can't actually believe what some people spend a month on them.

As for online privacy, I've been to China twice so it's not something that troubles me. That horse has well and truly bolted.

Edit: I did refuse to buy a car once because it couldn't get LW on the radio and TMS was only on LW at that time so I do know how annoying some 'progress' can be!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 21:58]

Yeah, I get that.

In fairness, I always buy at the 'flagship' end of the market, and I buy my phone outright and run it for years. My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy S7 (released + bought in 2016) and I have, just last week, upgraded to an S23, which I also intend to run for years (don't get me started on all the extra crap that they put in them now and charge an absolute fortune for. If I wanted a decent camera, I'd buy a DSLR).

To be able to buy a phone to run for years, I have to buy at the top end of the market to make it a financially viable proposition. The *only* high-end phone that I could have bought, with a headphone jack and suitable specs, was the Asus Zenfone 10, but the screen on that was too small for me, and it was even more above my budget than the S23.

It's an annoying and entirely unnecessary situation. I have had to buy a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone adaptor, which will also end up as e-waste one day. Meanwhile, my wired headphones are still going strong many, many years later.

I can give you my thoughts on replacing tactile controls in cars with touchscreens if you want
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 23:28]

...but do signatures really work?

New headphones needed.... on 10:33 - Nov 3 with 1743 viewschicoazul

New headphones needed.... on 15:19 - Nov 2 by DarkHorse

Rally fancy listening to my playlist today oh wait I can’t I haven’t charged my headphones oh wait I can’t they’ve lost connection with my phone oh wait I can’t where is the little box the headphones are in oh wait I can’t

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New headphones needed.... on 10:50 - Nov 3 with 1719 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

I've used bone conduction headphones for nearly a year.

great for podcats, wire connects the two and physical buttons etc
New headphones needed.... on 11:01 - Nov 3 with 1699 viewspablo_canooga

I've got a pair of Jabra Evolve 75e. Brilliant. Think they're more designed for office work but sound quality is ace. You can pick up a pair for around £150.00 online.
New headphones needed.... on 13:03 - Nov 3 with 1632 viewsPlums

New headphones needed.... on 10:50 - Nov 3 by Bury_St_Edmundson

I've used bone conduction headphones for nearly a year.

great for podcats, wire connects the two and physical buttons etc

I've had two pairs of these and loved them, both broke in exactly the same place after just over a year. I've moved on to a pair of Plantronics BBFIT 2100s which seem pretty bulletproof but I wouldn't want to wear them all day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024