Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262466 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:28 - Nov 7 with 3637 viewsredrickstuhaart

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:24 - Nov 7 by eireblue

So if the West Bank problem was solved, Hamas would give up?

Hamas had a war with Fatah to control Gaza.

You really think Hamas would relinquish their control of Gaza, lay down arms, because Fatah or another Palestinian political group managed to broker peace in the West Bank?

The issue is quite simple, and not linked, how do you stop Hamas killing people.

Not what I said. But if there was no constant oppression and annexation of people's homes and land, there would, over time, be far less support and far less recruitment for the likes of Hamas.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:48 - Nov 7 with 3610 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:45 - Nov 7 by matteoblue

It is odd how people can defend the pogrom of October 7th. It is possible to justify an invasion, which always results in the loss of innocent life. But I've never heard a racist killing spree defended before. This is what is shocking.

Seeing what has led to it is not the same as defending it....can you see that?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:00 - Nov 7 with 3598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:07 - Nov 7 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Okay so we aren’t actively targeting civilians via proxies we control like Iran then. Thanks

I’ve been consistent in criticising the UK stance, but to suggest we are in a proxy conflict just doesn’t stand up. We literally have no control over Israeli defence policy, neither does the US as they are now finding out. Iran has a lot of influence over Hezbollah and other factions int he region.

The question about arming Israel is a difficult one, they are surrounded by hostile states with larger militaries. Countries that openly call for the destruction of Israel and have of course attacked it in the past. If they did not have access to advanced weaponry they could face an existential threat not seen since the holocaust. But how do you then ensure they aren’t used immorally against civilians? That’s the catch 22 the West faces.

"We literally have no control over Israeli defence policy, neither does the US as they are now finding out. "

Maybe we and the US shouldn't sell them weapons then.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:09 - Nov 7 with 3588 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/11/07/-What-crime-did-they-c

"Iyad Shaqura, a doctor of pharmacy turned by war into an emergency physician, had become used to the flow of dead and wounded streaming into the hospital in Khan Yunis.
But on Monday evening, he fainted when he saw the bodies of his two children, his mother and his two brothers arrive at the emergency room.
His family had been killed by a strike that hit their home in Khan Yunis, in the south of the Gaza Strip."

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:38 - Nov 8 with 3490 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, another 160 children are going to die.

Ceasefire now!

Pronouns: He/Him

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:05 - Nov 8 with 3403 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:00 - Nov 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

"We literally have no control over Israeli defence policy, neither does the US as they are now finding out. "

Maybe we and the US shouldn't sell them weapons then.

Is that all weapons, or should Israel be left to defend itself by purchasing solely from Russia?

Some of the missiles, components, and a significant portion of military aid supplied to Israel from the US is for the Iron Dome. Should Israeli civilians be left unprotected against incoming rockets and mortars?

I find it strange (and disappointing) that whilst the US is at least trying to get Israel to have a humanitarian ceasefire, UK politicians are still reluctant to do the same.
How many Israeli and Palestinian lives are to be destroyed ? on 16:55 - Nov 8 with 3320 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:05 - Nov 8 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Is that all weapons, or should Israel be left to defend itself by purchasing solely from Russia?

Some of the missiles, components, and a significant portion of military aid supplied to Israel from the US is for the Iron Dome. Should Israeli civilians be left unprotected against incoming rockets and mortars?

I find it strange (and disappointing) that whilst the US is at least trying to get Israel to have a humanitarian ceasefire, UK politicians are still reluctant to do the same.

Sunak is even turning on the police now, it comes to something when the Met are seen as the honourable and decent face of the establishment and the reasonable force behind policy development given some of their recent travails:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67355227

EDIT: Keep forgetting to change this thread title I am unhappy with.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 19:22]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:04 - Nov 8 with 3321 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:38 - Nov 8 by Darth_Koont

Another day, another 160 children are going to die.

Ceasefire now!

A pause for humanitarian aid and evacuate innocent Palestinian civilians but no ceasefire or negotiations with Hamas.

Why not? This is why not.

Hamas are pure evil and need to be eleminated.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 17:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:58 - Nov 8 with 3265 viewsNthQldITFC

How many Israeli and Palestinian lives are to be destroyed ? on 16:55 - Nov 8 by WeWereZombies

Sunak is even turning on the police now, it comes to something when the Met are seen as the honourable and decent face of the establishment and the reasonable force behind policy development given some of their recent travails:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67355227

EDIT: Keep forgetting to change this thread title I am unhappy with.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 19:22]

I just saw that. I wonder if he's considering commissioning a new police force to police the police? He could give them different coloured uniforms and funny hats, perhaps?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:59 - Nov 8 with 3263 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:04 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

A pause for humanitarian aid and evacuate innocent Palestinian civilians but no ceasefire or negotiations with Hamas.

According to that tweet you have shared it's "Palestinians" that are the problem.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:02 - Nov 8 with 3252 viewsredrickstuhaart

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:59 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

According to that tweet you have shared it's "Palestinians" that are the problem.

Telling language.

As is the way in which pro palestinian marches are being labelled "hate" marches. Its about othering and demonising an ethnic group. We are rightly troubled by anti semitism. Perhaps its time more people were troubled by this stuff too.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:08 - Nov 8 with 3236 viewsGlasgowBlue

Where does the tweet I have linked say it's "Palestinians" that are the problem?

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 3223 viewsBuhrer

I understood it to be the words of a child talking about them watching another child raped to death, so didn't focus on that, just felt sick.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:20 - Nov 8 with 3213 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:14 - Nov 8 by Buhrer

I understood it to be the words of a child talking about them watching another child raped to death, so didn't focus on that, just felt sick.

Banksy has just read first hand testimony from a traumatised young girl who witnessed the gang rape of another young girl who is then shot in the head mid rape, had one of her breasts cut off, which the terrorists proceed to play with and then goes on to describe how decapitated heads were carried like trophies. And Banksy's first thought is to take issue with her describing the people who committed these atrocities as "Palestinians"?

This may comes as a great shock to him but the official description of Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist political and military organization governing the Gaza Strip of the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 3165 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:20 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

Banksy has just read first hand testimony from a traumatised young girl who witnessed the gang rape of another young girl who is then shot in the head mid rape, had one of her breasts cut off, which the terrorists proceed to play with and then goes on to describe how decapitated heads were carried like trophies. And Banksy's first thought is to take issue with her describing the people who committed these atrocities as "Palestinians"?

This may comes as a great shock to him but the official description of Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist political and military organization governing the Gaza Strip of the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories.

I actually scanned through it and hadn't appreciated it was a direct quote from the child.
It is somewhat unfortunate though to interchange Hamas and Palestinians as being the same thing so I still believe greater discretion should have been used in the reporting as it serves to dehumanise all Palestinians.

Edit. As I pointed out weeks ago the exact words used in reporting are more important now than ever. The word "they" could easily have been used instead without diminishing the impact.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 18:33]

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:36 - Nov 8 with 3147 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"This may comes as a great shock to him but the official description of Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist political and military organization governing the Gaza Strip of the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories."

So it seems you are happy for the words "Hamas" and "Palestinian" to be interchangeable?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:43 - Nov 8 with 3127 viewsRyorry

I feel sick too now.

Things I guess we ought to know but wish we didn’t. Maybe warnings could be put on verbal descriptions as well as visual.

Incidentally, the David Baddiel documentary ‘Jews Don’t Count’ is listed as being shown tonight on C4.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:44 - Nov 8 with 3125 viewseireblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:29 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

I actually scanned through it and hadn't appreciated it was a direct quote from the child.
It is somewhat unfortunate though to interchange Hamas and Palestinians as being the same thing so I still believe greater discretion should have been used in the reporting as it serves to dehumanise all Palestinians.

Edit. As I pointed out weeks ago the exact words used in reporting are more important now than ever. The word "they" could easily have been used instead without diminishing the impact.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 18:33]

Maybe consider doing more than just scanning and immediately replying on such subjects.

We can wait for your replies, no need to rush.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:54 - Nov 8 with 3109 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:04 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

That’s awful.

It doesn’t justify another 160 children dying tomorrow and the next day and the next.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:56 - Nov 8 with 3089 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:44 - Nov 8 by eireblue

Maybe consider doing more than just scanning and immediately replying on such subjects.

We can wait for your replies, no need to rush.

The point still holds.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:56 - Nov 8 with 3088 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:54 - Nov 8 by Darth_Koont

That’s awful.

It doesn’t justify another 160 children dying tomorrow and the next day and the next.

No it doesn't. That's why I said we need pause for humanitarian aid and evacuate innocent Palestinian civilians.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:59 - Nov 8 with 3065 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:56 - Nov 8 by GlasgowBlue

No it doesn't. That's why I said we need pause for humanitarian aid and evacuate innocent Palestinian civilians.

Evacuate 2.2 million people? Where? And to what fate?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:06 - Nov 8 with 3038 viewsBuhrer

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:36 - Nov 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

"This may comes as a great shock to him but the official description of Hamas is a Palestinian Sunni Islamist political and military organization governing the Gaza Strip of the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territories."

So it seems you are happy for the words "Hamas" and "Palestinian" to be interchangeable?

In my opinion the source of this word that has got you so agitated, has the right to call her attackers whatever she wants.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:08 - Nov 8 with 3019 viewslowhouseblue

jeez.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:15 - Nov 8 with 2985 viewsBuhrer

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:02 - Nov 8 by redrickstuhaart

Telling language.

As is the way in which pro palestinian marches are being labelled "hate" marches. Its about othering and demonising an ethnic group. We are rightly troubled by anti semitism. Perhaps its time more people were troubled by this stuff too.

Deleted.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 19:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024