Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joint top on GD 19:55 - Nov 11 with 1781 viewsMullet

Would've taken that at any point of the season, now it feels like we are somewhere between churlish nitpicking and dreamland innit.

Hladky keeps making amazing saves, but that's cos he has to. Not sure if it's rotating the backline causing the poor starts or a lack of relationships but when we get going, woof. There's not a game where we don't look like every bit the promotion side don't we?

Taylor coming in and looking like the player McKenna signed is a big plus today. Two contrasting goals but both incredibly important. We could be top based on the chances we make alone, and even the decision making goes squiffy it's a world away from the plodding teams we had in League 1.

Texting my Leicester supporting mate at full time and he seems genuinely worried given their slump involves losses, and ours draws. Gonna be a long old season if we focus on anything other than the big gap between us and Leeds. Feels like they'll need to win every game for months to close that right now.

Probably gonna see McKenna going into the break upset about a fair few things. Will be interesting to see how he focuses on them and why.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Joint top on GD on 20:07 - Nov 11 with 1708 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sometimes i feel we keep our fullbacks on to long and sometimes don't take them off st all.

We fresh the front line which itself can cause some issues as some of the subs coming on just aren't of the level they are replacing.

But the fullbacks are fked most of the time we get 80 minutes. If we haven't subbed them they're being beaten quite easy by refreshed players on their side.. pretty much what we try to do to our opponents with our subs..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Joint top on GD on 20:17 - Nov 11 with 1665 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hladky making saves also because people are starting to forget where we came from. The attacking side is skewing perceptions a bit I think. These aren’t top end Championship players (yet) remember. They’re getting some practice to be, but still very inexperienced at this level and are up against experienced opposition.

Ironically though, what’s stopping us from really getting going is missing sitters. From the highlights I’ve now see it looks a mystery how we didn’t go in 4 or 5-1 at half time. As close to open goals as you’ll see. But when it does all click, woof indeed.

Pinch me

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Joint top; second on GD on 20:51 - Nov 11 with 1535 viewsPendejo

Still a long long way to go.

One. Game. At. A. Time. And all that...

I can't stand the hope and excitement, after years of being groomed to accept turgid dull lifeless football.

Draw away win at home and... Dream on! Not beaten anyone above us the table... Unless you count Wolves?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Joint top on GD on 20:55 - Nov 11 with 1511 viewsGavTWTD

Joint top on GD on 20:07 - Nov 11 by FrimleyBlue

Sometimes i feel we keep our fullbacks on to long and sometimes don't take them off st all.

We fresh the front line which itself can cause some issues as some of the subs coming on just aren't of the level they are replacing.

But the fullbacks are fked most of the time we get 80 minutes. If we haven't subbed them they're being beaten quite easy by refreshed players on their side.. pretty much what we try to do to our opponents with our subs..

Not sure you want to be changing your back four during a match unless you have to.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Joint top on GD on 20:57 - Nov 11 with 1507 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I think at this point it would be madness to change things materially when we are absolutely racking up the points. There may be a point in the season we do drop off but I think we should stick to the front footed play, and I think McKenna will do that.

If we can tighten up a little at the back, and I feel it’s more concentration than lack of ability, we’ll give someone a complete demolition.
Joint top on GD on 21:06 - Nov 11 with 1437 viewspointofblue

I think losing Williams and Burns at the same time hurt us badly, and destablised the right side somewhat. After how today's game ended, fully expect both to be back for West Brom, and wonder if Tuanzebe may replace Woolfenden too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Joint top on GD on 21:27 - Nov 11 with 1376 viewsFrimleyBlue

Joint top on GD on 20:55 - Nov 11 by GavTWTD

Not sure you want to be changing your back four during a match unless you have to.

It's not something I've ever believed would be required. But with the amount of mileage put in by our fullbacks most of the problems we seem to face late on in games do come down our flanks.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Joint top on GD on 21:38 - Nov 11 with 1331 viewsredrickstuhaart

Joint top on GD on 21:27 - Nov 11 by FrimleyBlue

It's not something I've ever believed would be required. But with the amount of mileage put in by our fullbacks most of the problems we seem to face late on in games do come down our flanks.

We used to put Leigh on, or Clarke for JD.

Stopped doing that switch.
Login to get fewer ads

Joint top on GD on 21:40 - Nov 11 with 1319 viewsBent_double

Joint top on GD on 21:27 - Nov 11 by FrimleyBlue

It was certainly very noticable to me today how knackered the Swans players were by the end of the game - OK, it was almost 100 mins, and they played with 10 men for a good part of it - but we're doing this to teams week after week, and it must be incredibly tiring for our defence too, and McKenna only usually makes attacking changes, perhaps he needs to consider freshening up the defence too towards the end of a game?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Joint top on GD on 22:43 - Nov 11 with 1145 viewsStewart27

Joint top on GD on 21:06 - Nov 11 by pointofblue

I think losing Williams and Burns at the same time hurt us badly, and destablised the right side somewhat. After how today's game ended, fully expect both to be back for West Brom, and wonder if Tuanzebe may replace Woolfenden too.

Not sure why we’d replace our best defender and the player who starts most of our attacking play.
Joint top on GD on 22:53 - Nov 11 with 1079 viewspointofblue

Joint top on GD on 22:43 - Nov 11 by Stewart27

Not sure why we’d replace our best defender and the player who starts most of our attacking play.

McKenna replaced Woolfenden at Rotherham.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Joint top on GD on 22:57 - Nov 11 with 1054 viewstractor_lady

Joint top on GD on 20:07 - Nov 11 by FrimleyBlue

Get that, however atm it’s the pre 15 min goals we need to stop!
Joint top on GD on 11:03 - Nov 12 with 745 viewsMullet

Joint top on GD on 20:17 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

Hladky making saves also because people are starting to forget where we came from. The attacking side is skewing perceptions a bit I think. These aren’t top end Championship players (yet) remember. They’re getting some practice to be, but still very inexperienced at this level and are up against experienced opposition.

Ironically though, what’s stopping us from really getting going is missing sitters. From the highlights I’ve now see it looks a mystery how we didn’t go in 4 or 5-1 at half time. As close to open goals as you’ll see. But when it does all click, woof indeed.

Pinch me

Jamal Lowe deserved more from his team mates yesterday. His control and assist for the first and more for the second were both excellent. Also if you look at our first goal and Rotherham's 2nd you can't do much but admire the hit, as per Taylor's. It's the transitions and positioning which have hurt us.

If we do tighten up then we will be truly unstoppable. It's the trade off with McKenna's style and demands and you can see it in Burnley last year too. Out recruitment in January now seems an entirely different proposition. It's incredible.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024