Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. 15:59 - Nov 11 with 2298 viewsMiaow

We are owed a penalty or two, but I’m not sure if that was one.

Need to take some of our chances better in the second half!

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:03 - Nov 11 with 2266 viewsScuzzer

Are you serious?!
Hes been awful...has missed so much. And the links are not any better.

Established 1968

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:06 - Nov 11 with 2238 viewscooperd5

Him and his assistants have been dire
1. Give a foul for a great challenge- they score
2. No offside at least twice coming our way
3. Pen all day. Not given.

He seems to be bottling it a bit for me
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:19 - Nov 11 with 2176 viewsMiaow

I was going to revise my assessment of him after that disallowed Clarke goal but he’s given us a penalty so I’ll let him off for now.

Come on!

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:20 - Nov 11 with 2167 viewsRyorry

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:06 - Nov 11 by cooperd5

Him and his assistants have been dire
1. Give a foul for a great challenge- they score
2. No offside at least twice coming our way
3. Pen all day. Not given.

He seems to be bottling it a bit for me

He heard you

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:33 - Nov 11 with 2088 viewsZx1988

Thoughts on the Hirst 'offside'?

Was the referee right to ignore the linesman, as he hadn't touched it? Or was he interfering with play given that he had to jump over the ball?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 1943 viewsStewart27

Honestly one of the worst reffing performances I’ve ever witnessed. The whistle was glued to his lips and every time a Swansea player went down with a puff of air he blew. Every. Single. Time.

Our non foul led to their opening goal and we had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

Duff got a yellow for dissent but if he feels hard done by then he needs to give his silly little head a wobble. I’m furious with that ref despite benefitting from a couple of major decisions.
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 18:40 - Nov 11 with 1819 viewsTresBonne

Not sure what game you were watching. He was horrendous, luckily this time it was in our favour. My fav chain of events from this game around the 49th min:

- Penalises Hirst for a nothing foul in the corner
- Hirst gets up, stands over the free kick, ref has back turned
- Swansea defender plays it against Hirst and it goes out
- Corner to Ipswich

Mental.
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 18:47 - Nov 11 with 1789 viewsDavoIPB

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 18:40 - Nov 11 by TresBonne

Not sure what game you were watching. He was horrendous, luckily this time it was in our favour. My fav chain of events from this game around the 49th min:

- Corner to Ipswich

Mental.

Add to that list.

From corner good goal ruled out for dubious foul in the box.
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 19:00 - Nov 11 with 1763 viewsTresBonne

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 18:47 - Nov 11 by DavoIPB

Add to that list.

From corner good goal ruled out for dubious foul in the box.

Bloody hell, I didn't even realise it was from that corner.

You'd be fuming as a Swans fan if that stood wouldn't you?!
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 19:04 - Nov 11 with 1738 viewspointofblue

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 19:00 - Nov 11 by TresBonne

Bloody hell, I didn't even realise it was from that corner.

You'd be fuming as a Swans fan if that stood wouldn't you?!

I said at the time that the ref possibly realised his error so would give something against Town from the resulting corner, no matter if there was a foul or not. And sure enough...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 20:24 - Nov 11 with 1630 viewsBent_double

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:33 - Nov 11 by Zx1988

Thoughts on the Hirst 'offside'?

Was the referee right to ignore the linesman, as he hadn't touched it? Or was he interfering with play given that he had to jump over the ball?

All the Swansea players stopped, expecting the whistle after the lino put his flag up, so it would have been interesting if we had scored from that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 22:46 - Nov 11 with 1500 viewstomo

- Corner to Ipswich

Mental.

I don’t think that came off Hirst. Looked like the Swansea player tried to play it back to the keeper and misplaced it out for a corner.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:07]
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:14 - Nov 11 with 1432 viewscressi

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 22:46 - Nov 11 by tomo

I don’t think that came off Hirst. Looked like the Swansea player tried to play it back to the keeper and misplaced it out for a corner.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:07]

Absolutely awful today wouldn't want on a Sunday morning.
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:17 - Nov 11 with 1425 viewsredrickstuhaart

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 19:04 - Nov 11 by pointofblue

I said at the time that the ref possibly realised his error so would give something against Town from the resulting corner, no matter if there was a foul or not. And sure enough...

And then, he was surprisingly willing to give the pen just after to make up for the disallowed goal!
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:22 - Nov 11 with 1417 viewsSimonds92

- Corner to Ipswich

Mental.

He didn't play it against Hirst? Just played it straight out, then he was trying to say he was giving it to the keeper for him to take. Basically, the cb f$$$ed up not concentrating. There's no reason i could see for the goal to be disallowed. I think it was given against Broadhead, who just stood his ground.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 23:25]
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:29 - Nov 11 with 1399 viewsredrickstuhaart

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:22 - Nov 11 by Simonds92

He didn't play it against Hirst? Just played it straight out, then he was trying to say he was giving it to the keeper for him to take. Basically, the cb f$$$ed up not concentrating. There's no reason i could see for the goal to be disallowed. I think it was given against Broadhead, who just stood his ground.

On the video it looked like Hirst may have had a slight toe on it. Hard to say though
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 08:54 - Nov 12 with 1251 viewsDeano69

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 17:49 - Nov 11 by Stewart27

Honestly one of the worst reffing performances I’ve ever witnessed. The whistle was glued to his lips and every time a Swansea player went down with a puff of air he blew. Every. Single. Time.

Our non foul led to their opening goal and we had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

Duff got a yellow for dissent but if he feels hard done by then he needs to give his silly little head a wobble. I’m furious with that ref despite benefitting from a couple of major decisions.

The Lino on the pioneer stand side was utterly appalling, clueless.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 08:58 - Nov 12 with 1233 viewsZx1988

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 20:24 - Nov 11 by Bent_double

All the Swansea players stopped, expecting the whistle after the lino put his flag up, so it would have been interesting if we had scored from that.

I thought it was exceptional refereeing in the heat of the moment, but the more I think about it the more I think that Hirst couldn't not be interfering with play.

Play to the whistle, and all that, but I think we all would have been livid if the roles had been reversed and Swansea had scored in that scenario.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 09:17 - Nov 12 with 1178 viewsStu_Magoo

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:29 - Nov 11 by redrickstuhaart

On the video it looked like Hirst may have had a slight toe on it. Hard to say though

It happened right in front of me, he kicked it against Hirst's outstretched boot
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 09:19 - Nov 12 with 1172 viewsDeano69

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 08:58 - Nov 12 by Zx1988

I thought it was exceptional refereeing in the heat of the moment, but the more I think about it the more I think that Hirst couldn't not be interfering with play.

Play to the whistle, and all that, but I think we all would have been livid if the roles had been reversed and Swansea had scored in that scenario.

The lino flagged offside then brought his flag down again
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:20]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 09:43 - Nov 12 with 1117 viewsChurchman

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 09:19 - Nov 12 by Deano69

The lino flagged offside then brought his flag down again
[Post edited 12 Nov 2023 9:20]

I bet had he scored the idiot would have put his flag up again. Clueless
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 1085 viewsWickets

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 16:03 - Nov 11 by Scuzzer

Are you serious?!
Hes been awful...has missed so much. And the links are not any better.

Only his second championship game and it showed . Lino needed to keep up with play first half as he could not give offside , if they where offside , if your ten yds behind d play !
I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 11:03 - Nov 12 with 1031 viewsSitfcB

I don’t think the referee has been all that bad. on 23:22 - Nov 11 by Simonds92

Hirst got a toe on it and deflected it out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024