Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unfashionable drinks 21:44 - Dec 18 with 4321 viewsGlasgowBlue

Following on from the Eggnog thread. What drinks of yesteryear would baffe the kids today?

Harvey's Bristol Cream.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Unfashionable drinks on 13:15 - Dec 19 with 1043 viewsWarkystache

Unfashionable drinks on 12:06 - Dec 19 by Mookamoo

Crabbies Ginger Beer. Perfect for Chrimbo

My grandmother used to love Crabbies Green Ginger wine with a dash of lemonade - my Dad bought her Stones one year and she sulked until he managed to nip out on Christmas Eve afternoon to our local shop who just happened to sell Crabbies.

I got pissed on it one year aged twelve. Used to sneak nips and sneaked more than my fair share that time. Can't abide it now, but I quite like a Stones.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Unfashionable drinks on 13:29 - Dec 19 with 1017 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Unfashionable drinks on 13:15 - Dec 19 by Warkystache

My grandmother used to love Crabbies Green Ginger wine with a dash of lemonade - my Dad bought her Stones one year and she sulked until he managed to nip out on Christmas Eve afternoon to our local shop who just happened to sell Crabbies.

I got pissed on it one year aged twelve. Used to sneak nips and sneaked more than my fair share that time. Can't abide it now, but I quite like a Stones.

Stones Ginger Wine is excellent. Can make an acceptable drink of most sub-par blended whiskies.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Unfashionable drinks on 13:33 - Dec 19 with 1009 viewsKeno

Unfashionable drinks on 03:52 - Dec 19 by witchdoctor

Watneys red barrel/ party 7…brown and mild…

Lest we forget

Watneys, like making love on a punt

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Unfashionable drinks on 13:35 - Dec 19 with 1005 viewsWarkystache

Unfashionable drinks on 13:29 - Dec 19 by You_Bloo_Right

Stones Ginger Wine is excellent. Can make an acceptable drink of most sub-par blended whiskies.

Never tried that Kings Ginger stuff, meant to be less sweet than Stones. Anyone recommend it?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Unfashionable drinks on 13:41 - Dec 19 with 991 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Unfashionable drinks on 13:35 - Dec 19 by Warkystache

Never tried that Kings Ginger stuff, meant to be less sweet than Stones. Anyone recommend it?

Not tried it but isn't it a ginger & whisky liqueur?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Unfashionable drinks on 15:15 - Dec 19 with 939 viewsstonojnr

Unfashionable drinks on 13:05 - Dec 19 by hoppy

Boddingtons was even more bland than the likes of Worthingtons. Actually, thinking about it, probably about the same.

Not in Manchester it wasn't when they still brewed it at Strangeways, sadly Whitbread got hold of them in the 90s, and it became more mass produced and bland as that weird craze for Smooth bitters, which were just nitrokeg, kicked off.

Marble make a very good approximate copy now called Manchester bitter if you want to try how Boddies used to be like.served via sparkler of course
Unfashionable drinks on 15:21 - Dec 19 with 930 viewsSteve_M

Unfashionable drinks on 15:15 - Dec 19 by stonojnr

Not in Manchester it wasn't when they still brewed it at Strangeways, sadly Whitbread got hold of them in the 90s, and it became more mass produced and bland as that weird craze for Smooth bitters, which were just nitrokeg, kicked off.

Marble make a very good approximate copy now called Manchester bitter if you want to try how Boddies used to be like.served via sparkler of course

I had a feeling that was the case but it was a bit before my drinking time.

The Marble bitter is a very good beer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Unfashionable drinks on 16:04 - Dec 19 with 892 viewsjontysnut

Unfashionable drinks on 22:04 - Dec 18 by ford6600

Worthington E

Dubonet (at Xmas)

Gold Label Barley Wine

Used drink Light and E in Manning's

Norwich bitter in the Harlequin.

Large dark or large cob at village hall discos

Light and Ben in the General Gordon

Hansa lager

Snakebites
Login to get fewer ads

Unfashionable drinks on 16:32 - Dec 19 with 873 viewsHelp

Grolsch so you could tie the bottle tops in your laces

Snakebite black
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 17:24]
Unfashionable drinks on 20:37 - Dec 19 with 817 viewsstrikalite

Snakebite and black
Unfashionable drinks on 09:22 - Dec 20 with 770 viewsCoastalblue

Unfashionable drinks on 09:41 - Dec 19 by soupytwist

Used to drink Old Bob and Crouch Vale SAS in the Smack in Old Leigh.

If you go to Bishop Nick Brewery shop in Braintree they have quite a few old Old Bob bottles in their display of Ridley's beers from days gone by.

Cook's brewery in Halstead brewed Old Bob before Ridley's until Ridley's bought them out.

I fell over outside the Smack in Old Leigh more than once, and had forgotten Crouch Vale SAS, we used to go to them at Woodham and pick up a polypin for parties which made for messy nights.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Unfashionable drinks on 11:51 - Dec 21 with 709 viewsBluespeed225

Unfashionable drinks on 10:32 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

Actual coffee.

Not all the vvanky flavours you get now, coffee.

‘vvank’ is on the Starbucks menu. Like an Amaricano , but with extra cream. Served to customers who pee off the barista’s.
Unfashionable drinks on 13:40 - Dec 21 with 676 viewsChurchman

Unfashionable drinks on 21:49 - Dec 18 by Guthrum

Light and bitter.

Ahh, the default drink of my yoof. Made a bad pint tolerable. And if you knew the bar staff you got the beer poured in first and got a decent sized drink.

Bristol Cream was ok too. But White Port (a Dows, Taylor’s or Grahams) is a better pre-dinner drink.

Or ‘Skullcrusher’. For the ultimate mulled wine, take a bottle of the wretched stuff and bung in single malt scotch. About a third of a bottle will do the job. Forget the fruit nonsense, just warm the mixture up, whop it into a glass and enjoy.

You’ll feel your head implode but it’s guaranteed to make any dreadful relation or unwanted Christmas guest disappear in a haze of happiness, especially if you follow up with some wine, sparkling wine, port and a beer over the afternoon. Christmas: sorted! You’ll thank me …..after the liver transplant 😃
Unfashionable drinks on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 668 viewsChurchman

Is Newcastle Brown still fashionable? Used to drink a fair bit of that years ago.
Unfashionable drinks on 15:09 - Dec 21 with 627 viewsBluespeed225

Unfashionable drinks on 13:40 - Dec 21 by Churchman

Ahh, the default drink of my yoof. Made a bad pint tolerable. And if you knew the bar staff you got the beer poured in first and got a decent sized drink.

Bristol Cream was ok too. But White Port (a Dows, Taylor’s or Grahams) is a better pre-dinner drink.

Or ‘Skullcrusher’. For the ultimate mulled wine, take a bottle of the wretched stuff and bung in single malt scotch. About a third of a bottle will do the job. Forget the fruit nonsense, just warm the mixture up, whop it into a glass and enjoy.

You’ll feel your head implode but it’s guaranteed to make any dreadful relation or unwanted Christmas guest disappear in a haze of happiness, especially if you follow up with some wine, sparkling wine, port and a beer over the afternoon. Christmas: sorted! You’ll thank me …..after the liver transplant 😃

Yes! Bitter up to half way, full bottle of light!
Unfashionable drinks on 16:03 - Dec 21 with 602 viewsjontysnut

Unfashionable drinks on 15:09 - Dec 21 by Bluespeed225

Yes! Bitter up to half way, full bottle of light!

I took a dim view of any bar staff that pulled a half into a half pint glass then poured it into a pint glass before adding the light.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024