Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo retires from internationals 06:04 - Dec 20 with 2447 viewsUnhinged_dynamo

Must be a tough decision but as far as town are concerned this season it is really well timed

Poll: Who do you think will win the league?

Luongo retires from internationals on 06:11 - Dec 20 with 2374 viewsPMac13

Wow, where did that come from? Just read the story.

What a massive boost for us not losing him in January now! So just Burgess from the first team going now (assuming Morsy doesn’t get the call) and Axel is more than a capable deputy.
Luongo retires from internationals on 06:32 - Dec 20 with 2291 viewsbillabasblue

Luongo retires from internationals on 06:11 - Dec 20 by PMac13

What a massive boost for us not losing him in January now! So just Burgess from the first team going now (assuming Morsy doesn’t get the call) and Axel is more than a capable deputy.

I suspect Ashton may have made him an offer he couldn’t refuse to announce that perfectly timed retirement! lol
Luongo retires from internationals on 07:11 - Dec 20 with 2101 viewsFrimleyBlue

Luongo retires from internationals on 06:11 - Dec 20 by PMac13

Absolute guesswork here. But if it were me I'd probably be thinking if I went away in the new year there's a chance I might end up losing my place and spend the rest of the season sitting on the bench. Town have reignited his career, luongo would love to be part of the promotion bid.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Luongo retires from internationals on 07:27 - Dec 20 with 2020 viewsyorkshireblue

I’m not going to pretend I have a great knowledge of Australian football, but the majority of comments under the Socceroos tweet announcing it seem to be suggesting that he was told he wouldn’t be selected in the squad announcement on Friday and are highly critical of their manager for that.
Luongo retires from internationals on 07:46 - Dec 20 with 1880 views_clive_baker_

He’s taking his British citizenship seriously.
Luongo retires from internationals on 08:01 - Dec 20 with 1763 viewsSitfcB

Luongo retires from internationals on 07:11 - Dec 20 by FrimleyBlue

Absolute guesswork here. But if it were me I'd probably be thinking if I went away in the new year there's a chance I might end up losing my place and spend the rest of the season sitting on the bench. Town have reignited his career, luongo would love to be part of the promotion bid.

Aussie fans seem to think it’s because he wasn’t going to get called up, but surely he was?

If it’s a case of him choosing club over country then fair f’king play and a mass I’ve boost for us!!

Massimo AHA.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:08 - Dec 20 with 1707 viewsEastTownBlue

Luongo retires from internationals on 07:27 - Dec 20 by yorkshireblue

I’m not going to pretend I have a great knowledge of Australian football, but the majority of comments under the Socceroos tweet announcing it seem to be suggesting that he was told he wouldn’t be selected in the squad announcement on Friday and are highly critical of their manager for that.

Reports that he is focusing on promotion push to the PL...

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:28 - Dec 20 with 1550 viewsSitfcB

Luongo retires from internationals on 07:11 - Dec 20 by FrimleyBlue

Give him a new deal now.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 8:35]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:33 - Dec 20 with 1476 viewsHerbivore

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:28 - Dec 20 by SitfcB

Give him a new deal now.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 8:35]

Legend. Never mind a contract, build him a statue.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:49 - Dec 20 with 1307 viewsSteve_M

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:01 - Dec 20 by SitfcB

Aussie fans seem to think it’s because he wasn’t going to get called up, but surely he was?

If it’s a case of him choosing club over country then fair f’king play and a mass I’ve boost for us!!

Massimo AHA.

I think it might be a case of thinking he would be losing a big month of football to be a squad member and get a few minutes playing time which is a less desirable scenario than being likely to be first choice for Australia.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:59 - Dec 20 with 1179 views_clive_baker_

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:49 - Dec 20 by Steve_M

I think it might be a case of thinking he would be losing a big month of football to be a squad member and get a few minutes playing time which is a less desirable scenario than being likely to be first choice for Australia.

Yeah, can’t blame him for being selfish about it. His recent call up was the first in 4 years, it has to work both ways. Understandably they didn’t look too closely at him when he was struggling for minutes and then playing in L1, now he’s probably thinking he’s got a few years left at this level (or higher) and wants to make the most of them, rather than be a bit part in an Aus squad and miss some crucial town games. Especially with the World Cup so far off.
Luongo retires from internationals on 09:00 - Dec 20 with 1159 viewsDarkBrandon

My man-crush has just reached restraining order proportions
Luongo retires from internationals on 09:02 - Dec 20 with 1153 viewsipswichtillidie

Luongo retires from internationals on 08:49 - Dec 20 by Steve_M

Also, how many opportunities a career do you have the chance to gain promotion to the premier league. Suspect the financial rewards would be half decent too.

Gav

Luongo retires from internationals on 09:16 - Dec 20 with 1013 views_clive_baker_

Luongo retires from internationals on 09:02 - Dec 20 by ipswichtillidie

Also, how many opportunities a career do you have the chance to gain promotion to the premier league. Suspect the financial rewards would be half decent too.

Not to mention leaving a young family for quite a stretch of time.
Luongo retires from internationals on 09:19 - Dec 20 with 991 viewsusm

Wow.
Great news for us, but what a decision for him, having only just got back in!
Must be more to it - perhaps he was told he was unlikely to be a regular starter, perhaps ITFC have made him an offer or perhaps he simply wants to concentrate on helping ITFC with their promotion bid and then a chance to play in the PL.
Probably a combination of all three.
Anyway thats a Mass ive boost for us.
LEGEND

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Luongo retires from internationals on 09:21 - Dec 20 with 961 viewsKeno

Luongo retires from internationals on 09:19 - Dec 20 by usm

Wow.
Great news for us, but what a decision for him, having only just got back in!
Must be more to it - perhaps he was told he was unlikely to be a regular starter, perhaps ITFC have made him an offer or perhaps he simply wants to concentrate on helping ITFC with their promotion bid and then a chance to play in the PL.
Probably a combination of all three.
Anyway thats a Mass ive boost for us.
LEGEND

Maybe after Saturday he just couldn't face playing in green and yellow

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Luongo retires from internationals on 10:00 - Dec 20 with 810 viewsNthQldITFC

Luongo retires from internationals on 09:21 - Dec 20 by Keno

Maybe after Saturday he just couldn't face playing in green and yellow

It's green and gold, sport.

It's only green and yellow when you've never won anything.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024